Chapter 47

Then You Came


"Dae, Minzy..." Dara ruffled Daesung's hair and pinched Minzy's cheek.

"How are you, Noona?" Daesung, looking worried.

His Noona smiled at him. "I'm fine... Don't worry."

"Why not stay with us instead of staying here... You'll still be able to help the kids even if you do that."

Minzy elbowed Daesung and looked at him with wide eyes.

"I can't, Dae... The kids need me here... especially now that we're waiting to be scheduled to see their mother... We don't know what their reaction would be."

"Unnie... You're sure you're okay, right?"

"I am, Minzy... Don't worry about me."

"Anything we can do for you?" She probed.

"Play with the kids, I guess." She shrugged.

"Where are they?" Daesung asked.

"At the playground... Wanna see them?"

Minzy nodded.

Dara guided them towards the playground.

The kids rushed to them after seeing who they consider as big brother and sister.

"Daesung Oppa."

"Minzy Noona."

They both got a hug from the twins.

"Can you stay with them first? I just need to prepare their things before they take a bath."

"Sure thing, Noona." Daesung replied.

"Kids, you need to behave or else Minzy and Daesung won't be playing with you anymore... Okay?"

"Yes, Mama." The twins replied in unison.

Dara went back to the house and did what she has to do. Daesung, Minzy, Tim and Kim were left at the playground and they've enjoyed each other's company.

"The twins are having fun with you guys." Chaerin got to where the kids were without being noticed. Seungri was behind her, looking satisfied with what he was seeing.

"Ei, good morning." Minzy bowed and smiled at them.

Daesung also bowed his head after seeing the other twins.

"Are we interrupting your game with the kids?" Chaerin asked, smiling at the two.

"No... not at all." Minzy replied, a little mesmerized by Chaerin and Seungri's presence.

"Aunt Chae, Noona and Unnie visited to play with us." Tim said.

"After this, we'll have a drawing challenge again just like what we did in the orphanage." Kim relayed.

Seungri smiled at her. Keeping his hands in his pocket. "Aren't you both gonna give Uncle a hug before I go to the office?"

The twins left the swing and rushed towards their Uncle.

"Why not take a day off from work and stay here with the kids?" Chaerin suggested.

"For sure Hyung's not gonna be in the office today... Someone has to watch over it."

"People in the company would be okay even without you."

"I better stay in the office... I was away for a few days, remember?"

"Fine." She rolled her eyes. "Daesung and Minzy, right?" She turned her attention to them.

They nodded as a response.

"Have you both eaten your breakfast?" She asked.

"We already did." Minzy answered.

"And you've seen Noona, I suppose?" Seungri asked.

"We did." Daesung replied.

"We'll get inside first... Just have to check on Oppa and Unnie... and eat breakfast as well." Chaerin smiled.

"Have fun with them." Seungri crouched down and pinched both Tim and Kim's cheeks. "Uncle will see you later before I go home... I'll bring your favorite."

"Yeay!!" The kids were excited.

"Aunt will just be inside, okay?"

"Okay." The kids responded and went back to playing.

"See you guys." Chaerin told Minzy and Daesung and headed back to the house together with Seungri.

"Go ahead and tell them... I thought we need to talk to Hyung's cousins?" Daesung whispered to Minzy.

"I don't know what to tell them."

"Minzy, this is our chance... Go ahead and tell them before they go farther."

"I'm shy."

"Isssh!!" Daesung hissed before getting to a decision. "Chaerin Noona, Seungri Hyung." He called.

The older twins looked at them.

"Tell them." Daesung told Minzy.

Chaerin chuckled. "Tell us what?"

"Uh... Uhm..." Minzy stuttered.

"Go ahead." Seungri encouraged her.

She looked at his brother, asking for help.

"Go ahead... Tell them." Daesung told her.

"We were hoping we can get a word with both of you." Minzy started.

"About what?" Seungri asked.

"Unnie and Oppa." She said.

"You mean Jiyong Oppa and Dara Unnie."

She turned to the kids to check if their listening. She turned her focus back to the older twins after seeing the kids enjoying themselves. "I think we can't talk here... Unnie might be back anytime... But this is very important. Can we meet somewhere else later?"

Seungri looked at his sister asking for approval and he received a nod as a reply.

"Do you have plans today that you need to accomplish first?" Chaerin asked.

Minzy and Daesung shook their heads.

"Seungri, can you skip office today?"

"I can if it's as important as this."

"That's good then. We'll get inside just to say hi to Oppa and Unnie... We'll tell Unnie that we'll drive you back to the orphanage."

"Sounds like a plan." Daesung agreed.

************

"I've called Bom Unnie... We're driving to her place... You know how to get there, right?"

"Been there a few times... I can manage." Seungri answered while being in charge of the steering wheel.

************

"Have a seat... Bom's just in the kitchen preparing some refreshers." SeungHyun lead them to the huge balcony of Bom's house.

"Good to see you guys." Bom spoke after seeing them.

Two of her housemaids were following her with a tray of biscuits and refreshers.

"What's with the serious faces?" She asked.

"We're all thinking about Dara and Jiyong." SeungHyun said.

Bom sat beside her boyfriend after instructing the housemaids to put the trays on the table. Her face also became serious.

"Things are getting out of hand... Just like yesterday... Both of them talked about something. After a few minutes, I saw Dara rushing towards the house while Jiyong was crying... He said 'It's over.'... But I didn't know what he meant by that."

"That's why we're here, Unnie." Minzy spoke.

"What's happening between them is not just because of a petty fight." Daesung said.

"What really happened?" Seungri asked.

"I think it would be better if you tell us first what you all know about what happened... then we'll start from there." Daesung suggested.

"Well, from what I know, Oppa went to Japan to surprise Unnie last Valentine's day... When he got to Unnie's hotel, he saw her with a man... He followed them and got to an argument with her." Chaerin stated.

"According to Jiyong, the argument wasn't just because of the man... He accidentally told her that he's making efforts to stay away from Kiko. That's when Dara started pushing him back to Kiko, causing him to be angrier and he ended up walking out of the conversation." Bom added.

"That's the same story I know." SeungHyun said while Seungri was nodding.

"Almost the same as what Dara Noona has told us... But something happened that you all didn't know." Daesung said.

"What?" Seungri asked.

"Jiyong Oppa went back home that same day, right?" Minzy, trying to connect the story.

"Yes." Chaerin replied.

"Unnie followed him here... The day after their heated conversation, she flew back, expecting to clear things between them... When her plane landed, she received a text message from Oppa about a particular place... Unnie got curious about the weird text message and decided to go there."

"A day after their heated conversation? That's when we went to scold Jiyong, right?" SeungHyun asked.

"That day when Jiyong also walked out and drove off somewhere." Bom said.

"Jiyong Oppa was with Kiko Unnie that night." Chaerin mentioned.

"And Dara Unnie saw them both at the park." Minzy added.

"What?!" Seungri and Chaerin reacted.

"That probably is why Dara decided to end things between them." Bom concluded after taking a gulp of the juice that's in her glass.

"That's actually not all." Daesung told them.

"Oh, God." Chaerin reacted.

"Unnie happened to hear their conversation... without them noticing her presence." Minzy stopped and asked help from Daesung to continue.

"Noona heard from Hyung's mouth about his plan of using her to have that Kiko Noona back."

"That's why she didn't want to get back with Jiyong anymore." Bom massaged her temple.

"She ran off immediately after hearing that from Jiyong Hyung."

"She did?... She didn't hear everything?" Chaerin asked.

"What's more to hear when she already got hurt by his words... Who would want to hear more of his so-called plan?" Daesung rounded his hand into fist.

"That's where the misunderstanding is from." Chaerin exclaimed.

"Do you know something, Chae?" SeungHyun asked.

"The morning after that, I came to the mansion to take care of the kids... Oppa told me that he spoke with Kiko Unnie to tell him about THE PLAN... and also to tell her how much he loves Dara Unnie."

"So it wasn't the whole conversation?" Minzy tried to confirm.

Chaerin shook her head.

"Minzy, Dae, Jiyong loves Dara so much. I can attest to that... Not just because I'm his bestfriend but because... I was the first to know about his plan." SeungHyun played with his glass.

"Hyung/Oppa..." Seungri and Chaerin reacted simultaneously.

"He told me about it... But soon after, he took it back... He said he can't do it because he realized he's starting to grow feelings for Dara... He loves her so much, Daesung... Minzy."

"I don't want to be a spoiler... but he was about to ask both your help to plan for a surprise proposal... He wanted all of us to take part on it... But then the issue of the twins' mother arise." Chaerin told them.

"So it's really just a misunderstanding and now it's getting worse." Seungri commented.

"And here I am thinking that Jiyong hyung is a bad person." Daesung spoke, as if talking to himself.

"We don't blame you, Daesung... It's normal reaction. We know how important Dara is for you guys." Bom touched his hand that's on his lap.

"What do we do now?... I don't think it will be easy to bring this up with Unnie since she got really hurt with what she heard." Minzy asked.

Everyone went silent, thinking of an idea to help the two lovers who's now faced with a dilemma.

"Kiko..." Bom's face lightened up.

"Why bring her up to this conversation again, Bom?" SeungHyun's eyebrows furrowed.

"I think she's the answer to this problem."

"How?" Chaerin, looking confused.

"She knows about the real conversation... she's the reason why Dara's being like this... She's the key."

"Noona, how is she gonna be helpful if she's the reason why... well, she's partly the reason why they're in this situation?" Seungri, unsure of what Bom wanted to say.

"We'll let Dara and Kiko talk... Make Dara realize how much Jiyong loves her through Kiko."

"Will it work?" Minzy was uncertain.

Bom shrugged. "Only way for us to find out is to try."

"Should we let Jiyong know about this?" SeungHyun asked.

"I think we should." Seungri suggested.

"I agree." Daesung seconded. "If Hyung knows about it, he'll understand why Noona's being like this."

"That's true." Minzy agreed.

"Who's gonna talk to who?" Chaerin asked.

"I can talk to Kiko... Babe, you'll help me with that, right?" Bom, asking approval from her boyfriend.

"Of course."

"Seungri and I will talk to Oppa."

"We'll see how we can make Dara Unnie talk to Kiko Unnie... Daesung and I will find a way."

"I hope this works." Seungri crossed his fingers.

"Let's all hope for a positive outcome." SeungHyun said.

************

"Have you contacted the twins' mother?" Dara asked after seeing Jiyong in the loving room.

"I did... But I can't reach her number... I called my lawyer to see if he can get a hold of her instead... Where are the kids?"

"Drawing." She replied.

"In their playroom."

She shook her head. "In the room next to the playroom."

"It's still your work room, Dara." He said, looking serious.

She shook her head. "I'm now just a visitor in this place, Jiyong."

"Dara..." He was supposed to say more but got interrupted by his ringing phone. "Attorney..." He said before answering it.

Dara looked anxious after knowing who it was. The person would have the news as to whether he was able to contact the twins' mother or not.

After few minutes of conversation, Jiyong placed his phone back to his back pocket.

"So?..."

"He was able to talk to the kids' mother... She wants to see them today." He was a little shaky.

"Should we go?"

He played with his fingers before answering. "I guess we should... It's about time."

"Everything's gonna be alright, eventually." She tried to assure him.

He chuckled bitterly. "When?"

"I don't know... But it will happen for sure."

He forced a smile.

Dara was still about to say something when someone came.

"I'm sorry if I've interrupted your conversation... I didn't know you're here, Dara."

"Kiko?" Jiyong looked behind him and found Kiko standing near the couch.

"I should have texted you first before coming... I got worried you might have locked out yourself in your room and skipped meal again."

"I'm fine." Jiyong said nonchalantly.

"That's good then... I guess I just got worried for no reason." She chuckled. "I'm taking my leave... Sorry for interrupting."

"No... I'm about to go up and check the kids... Stay. I might be the one who's interrupting." Dara told her. "I'll be with the kids... I can get them set and ask them to go down."

"Dara..." Jiyong held his arm to stop her from walking away.

She smiled. "I'm fine... You go ahead and talk." Slowly, she pulled Jiyong's hand down and released it. "Excuse me." She said then left both of them afterwards.

She rushed to the kids room where she knew no one will see her. She closed the door, covered her face with her hands and sobbed silently. Her knees felt weak, she slowly slid down the door until she was already sitting on the floor.

"It's still painful... Move on Dara." She whispered to herself.

She tried to collect herself but failed to calm her feelings. Tears were rushing down her cheeks.

"Don't let the kids see you like this... You need to be their strength... They'll be seeing their mother today." She reminded herself.

She wiped her tears and closed her eyes only to see image of Jiyong in his thoughts.

She decided to stand up and headed to the shower room to wash her face. After wiping her face dry with a towel, she looked at her self in the mirror.

"Stop being pathetic, Dara... You already know about this. Move on already."

She took a deep breath and forced a smile. "You'll be okay." She cheered herself only for another tear to escape her eye.