Chapter 56

Then You Came

The sun was about to set.

There were people gathered near the seashore, all lovingly looking at the couple staring at each other's eyes, exchanging smile of contentment and happiness.

With hands linked together, the couple exchanged vows.

"Dara..." Jiyong started. "We've been through a lot." He smiled. "Our relationship has gone through ups and downs... We even almost have lost it... But here we are standing in front of these people we love, holding each others hands." He bit his lips and smiled one more time. "Thank you for coming into my life... For changing the previous Jiyong who only has the word WORK in his dictionary... For bringing the smile back on his lips. Your my life now, Dara. I promise to do my best to make you happy as long as I live... To keep you safe from any harm... To remind you how wonderful and beautiful of a person you are inside and out... To hold your hand this way even if our hands are already both wrinkled and weak... I vow to make sure I know when you're okay or not since you're the type of person who endures it even if you're no longer fine... to always tuck the stray strands of hair behind your ear whenever you sleep to avoid your nose to wrinkle as feeling of something in your face annoys you... to caress your back so you can sleep better... and to prepare hot choco for you instead of coffee whenever we go out in the garden to watch the stars." He stopped and cleared his throat as he felt a lump obstructing it. "I promise to tell you I love you everyday... when you wake up in the morning, before I go to work, whenever I call you, and even before we sleep... Even if we grow old, with blurring vision, white hair, and weak bones, I promise to stay by your side, showering you with all the love you deserve. My love for you will not get old with time... Instead, it will continue to flourish... And most especially, I vow to keep your name tattooed in my heart, that way even if my mind forgets..." He brought Dara's hand to his chest where his heart lies. As a tear dropped from his eyes, he said, "This won't."

Dara smiled as her cheeks were flooded with tears.

Jiyong chuckled while wiping her tears. "I also wanted to promise you I won't make you cry anymore... but I didn't include that in my vow since your a crybaby... You cry in every chance you get." He commented which made everyone laugh.

"You're no difference." Dara whispered.

Jiyong smiled at him sweetly. "I love you." He mouthed.

That made Dara smile while drying the tears that escaped Jiyong's eyes.

She took a deep breath before she started. "Jiyong Kwon... How should I start?" She sniffed then chuckled. "I never have expected anything like this to happen in my life... You... The twins... It feels like I'm still in a fairytale dream. But now that I'm holding your hand while we're in front of these lovely people, I know this is not just a dream... This is my own fairytale... OUR FAIRYTALE." She smiled sweetly. "I promise to stay by your side whatever happens... I won't let anything break us apart... make sure we don't end a day with a misunderstanding... I'll continue sticking notes to your coffee tumbler before you go to work... call you to ask you where you're at?... what you're doing?... how's work?... I'll lie down beside you... give you your favorite massage especially when work exhausts you... I promise to be whoever you need me to be... Your mom to kiss your sickness away... Your dad whom you can have your talks about business... your bestfriend you can tell your secrets with... even your crushes." She pouted with a smile. "I'll be your forever wife... sometimes nagging but most of the time, LOVING... Let's grow old together... There might be ups and downs on our way but let's both promise we'll surpass them, hmm?" She squeezed Jiyong's hands.

He nodded.

"I love you... Till death do us part." She stated.

They both slid their respective rings to each other's ring fingers.

"You may now kiss your bride." The priest pronounced, giving Jiyong and Dara the blessing from heaven.

Jiyong raised his hand to reach for her cheek. He smiled at her before lowering his head to let their lips touch.

It was just a short, sweet kiss but it was enough to let each other feel the overflowing love they feel for each other.

Everyone stood and and clapped their hands after the couple's lips parted.

Seungri even whistled but got reprimanded by her twin sister afterwards.

The wedding ceremony ended and all the guest went straight to the reception where everyone had a great time. Jiyong and Dara made sure that their guests were enjoying themselves.

**************

"What could the twins be doing?" Dara whispered, worrying about Tim and Kim.

Jiyong slid his hands on her waist and hugged her from behind. "Why worry about them? They're with their Uncle Seungri and Aunt Chaerin." He kissed her temple.

Dara hugged his arms that were wrapped around her waist and smiled. "You're right... There's nothing to worry about." She turned around to face her husband. She then clung her arms on his neck.

He kissed the tip of her nose. "Now, I get to spend every night with you... No more permissions asked." He grinned.
She smacked his arm. "I know what you're thinking."

"What?" He shrugged. "Can't I sleep with my wife every night?"

"Knowing you, Ji... I know those naughty thoughts that's in there." She pointed his forehead.

"I told you I'll respect your decision... I'll not force you to do that till you're ready." His look became serious.

She pinched his nose and chuckled. "What does newly weds do after the wedding ceremony?" She said, staring at his eyes.

His face brightened up.

It made her smile, too.

She kissed him on his cheek. "I think we need to take a shower... We had a long day at the wedding."

"You mean?"

She crinkled her nose. "I'll go first." She gave him a quick kiss on his lips before getting inside the bathroom.

**************

Jiyong stepped out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed after taking a quick shower. His forehead creased after seeing that the lights were turned off.

"Dara?" He tried to search inside the room.

Her head appeared, peeping at the door of the walk-in closet.

He chuckled. "What are you doing there?"

She smiled teasingly. "I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" He asked, squinting his eyes to see her clearly as it was only the moon that shines from outside the window that served as their light.

"Close your eyes." She said.

"Huh?"

"I said, close your eyes."

"Fine." He obeyed. "There. It's now closed."

"No peaking."

He laughed. "I'm not peaking."

Dara tiptoed towards her husband's side and held his hand.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Uh huh." She replied.

Slowly, his eyes batted open and immediately saw Dara's grinning look. He looked at her from head to toe.

She was wearing a see through netted robe and was only wearing a y black lingerie underneath.

Jiyong smiled and bit his lower lip teasingly.

"Do I look okay?" She crinkled her nose, uncertain of what her husband thought of her look.

"Ahhh... It can do... So-so." He commented.

She pouted and covered her chest. She knew she disappointed him.

Jiyong chuckled and pulled his wife into his arms. He gave her a kiss on her forehead. "I was just kidding... Your the prettiest and iest woman for me." He told her. "You look extra beautiful tonight." He whispered in her ears.

"You like it?" She hugged him by his waist.

"Of course... 100 percent... But I know the Dara I know won't come up with an idea like this." He placed his forehead on hers.

"I..." She played with her fingers that's on his back. "I don't want to look too inexperienced... I... Uh... I..."

He snickered. "Was it Bom? Chae?"

She shook her head.

"Don't tell me it was Minzy?"

She shook her head one more time. "It was actually Seungri... I... I talked to him and asked him what you guys usually like... like if your... that..." She stammered.

"That Rat... He's really something... Teaching my wife this dirty stuff." He said, as if talking to himself.

But the thought also made him smile.

"I wanted this night to be special, Ji... I know I have deprived you with this the whole time... I felt that. But then with too much effort, you respected that I don't want to do it YET... I love you... I wanted to give myself to you... I'm all yours." She said sincerely.

He caressed her cheek with one hand while his other hand was playing with her hair. "I love you, Dara... I love you, Mrs. Kwon." He told her, almost in a whisper before closing the distance between their lips.

It started with just a light kiss until they both became hungry for more.

Both breathless, Jiyong pulled from the hug and placed Dara's arms around his neck. Without a word, he then carried her into his arms which made her squeal.

He kissed her quickly on her lips before heading to their bed. Carefully, he placed her down, took the towel that's covering his lower body off, exposing him with only his boxer shorts on. He then followed her to bed, staying on top of her.

Lovingly, he looked at his wife's face. "You really look beautiful... You're a goddess, Dara... You manage to be beautiful even without make up on... even without wearing girly stuff... I'm afraid if media gives you so much attention, you might attract other men... I think I should keep you for myself." He smiled.

She cupped his face with her small hands. "Don't give me that compliment, Ji... I might believe you."

He started showering her with kisses... from her forehead, to her nose, to her ears, and her cheeks, to the side of her lips. "That's not a lie, Love... You really are beautiful." He said before indulging himself with her lips again.

It was an unforgettable first night for both of them. Passionately and without other words to say but whispers of love, they made each other feel how much they longed for that night.

**************

4 years later

"Mama, we're watching Daesung hyung's stage performance with Minzy Noona." Tim said while Dara was driving. They were on their way to Jiyong's office.

Both the twins were holding their own IPad but watching the same video.

"Don't speak too loud, Tim. Areum is sleeping." Kim told his brother.

Tim grinned. "Sorry."

It made Dara smile. 'This kids know how to take care of each other.'

She remembered how Minzy got too excited to tell her about her good news.

..flashback..

"Unnie, guess what?" Minzy said, jumping up and down immediately after seeing her at the orphanage one time she visited.

"What?... I bet that's good news." She chuckled.

"Youngbae Oppa asked me if I would like to start training with Daesung... Apparently, Daesung has showed him a video of me singing and dancing... he liked it and talked to his partners. They all agreed."

"Well, that's really good news, Minzy... Wow... Both Daesung and you are slowly reaching for your dreams. Next time I know, you're already beyond Unnie's grasp." She pretended to frown.

"Unnie..." Minzy hugged her tight. "Aren't you happy for us?"

"Of course, I'm happy... I'm the happiest of all the happy people right now." She tapped her younger sister's cheek. "I was just thinking of how time flies so fast... I was just holding you in my arms as a kid, and now both of you are already making decisions of your own."

"Thank you, Unnie." Minzy hugged her tighter.

"For what?"

"For always being there... You always support us... You did everything to help Mother Cecilia in bringing us up. You worked hard to bring us to a nice school... Now, even if you're already busy with your married life, you're still there, continuously guiding us... Even if we know that we're not blood related, you treated us like your own siblings."

Dara smiled and hugged her back. "You're my siblings... that's all I know."

"I love you, Unnie."

"And I love you, too... Show me how much you love me through dancing." Dara pulled from the hug and started to chant and clap her hands.

Minzy scratched her head. "I'm a big girl now, Unnie."

"It's okay. No one can see us... Please."

Shyly, Minzy started popping her body, creating heart shape through her arms and hands.

Dara clapped her hands after the performance. "Just like the old times." She smiled.

..end of flashback..

"Mama, are we going to see Minzy Unnie and Daesung Oppa?" Kim asked.

"Yes... We'll be seeing Aunt Bom and Uncle SeungHyun... Uncle Seungri and Aunt Chaerin will be there, too. Oh, and Uncle Youngbae said he has a good news to tell. But before that, we have to fetch Papa first. He's still in his office."

"Are we going to a party?" Tim sounded excited.

"Hmm... More likely. It's a gathering to celebrate Daesung Hyung's first album launch and Minzy Noona's new song."

Daesung debuted 3 years ago, a year earlier than Minzy. They both are well know singers at present.

**************

"Papa..." Areum rushed to her father immediately after Dara opened the door of Jiyong's office.

Kim and Tim were even chuckling in excitement before running towards their father.

"How's my babies?" Jiyong asked, giving the three kids a hug.

With their usual routine, the twins rushed towards the snack cabinet full of food that kids love.

Jiyong had to prepare it especially for them since they usually visit him. He even have it built at a height that they can easily reach.

Areum stayed at her father's lap.

"Hey, not too much candy, you two... We still have to eat dinner." Dara said, walking towards her husband.

She gave him a quick kiss on his lips.

"Is Areum still having a hard time pooping?" Jiyong asked while touching the 3 year-old's tummy.

"The doctor's prescription worked... She pooped earlier this morning." Dara smiled and ruffled Areum's hair.

"Good job." Jiyong exclaimed. "And how about those two older babies over there."

Tim and Kim grinned at them.

"With huge appetite as always." Dara told him.

"Let's go?" He asked.

Dara nodded. "Tim... Kim... That's enough. We have to leave." Kim grabbed another piece of cookie while Tim got a handful of chocolate before running towards their Mama.

Jiyong stood up and carried Areum in his arms but the little kid complained.
"I want to walk with Oppa and Unnie, Papa." She spoke with her small voice.
"Okay." He carefully put her down and walked beside Dara.

The kids walked ahead of them.

Tim got a piece of chocolate from his hand and asked Areum to open . The youngest accepted what her brother gave her. After finishing the chocolate, Kim then cut her cookie into half and gave the other portion to their little sister. Areum smiled and said, "thank you," after accepting it.

Jiyong placed one arm on Dara's waste as he watched their kids show affection to each other.

"They're growing up well." Dara said proudly.

"Because you are being great Mom." She kissed her hair.

She tilted her head on his shoulder. "Because you're a responsibly and loving Father."

It made him smile even wider.

*************

"Congratulations, Dae and Minzy." Dara told her siblings and gave them a hug.

"Where's Areum and the twins?" Daesung asked.

"With Jiyong... over there." She pointed.

"Let me give them a quick hug first... I missed them already." Daesung said, sounding excited.

Minzy smiled at her Unnie and said, "Sorry, Unnie. I wanna hug the three cuties, too."

"So they're more important than me now, huh?" Dara chuckled while shaking her head.

Bom and SeungHyun arrived with their 2 year old baby boy, Dae-Hwan.

"Aaww, high little sweety... Give Aunt Dara a hug." She said as she carried him into her arms.

She was the little boy's favorite. He gave him a hug with his baby arms and kissed her cheek.

"She always do that whenever she sees you." Bom pouted. "What he does to me every time is to pinch my cheeks."

SeungHyun laughed. "Because of those chubby cheeks, Honey."

Bom smiled.

"I love, Omma." Dae-Hwan said, giving his mother a cute face.

"Eeek...." Dara giggled. "Why so cute?"

"He is, right?" Bom said proudly.

"Aunt Dara, Areum?" Dae-Hwan asked.

"Oh, she's over there."

"Let me bring him there... I'll leave you girls for a chitchat." SeungHyun offered.

Dara handed him the little boy and talked to Bom with Mom stuff.

Few minutes after, Chaerin and Seungri also arrived together.

The kids immediately rushed towards their Uncle Seungri after seeing him.

"Where's Youngbae?" Jiyong asked after the older ones have gathered together.

The place Youngbae has set up was actually for adults and kids. A play room was set on the other room so all the kids can enjoy playing while they have a few drinks and chitchat. There were also hired Nannies for the event since he knew Dara and Bom were both hands on with their children.

"He was just here earlier." Daesung said.

"He said he needs to take care of his surprise." Minzy told them.

"Always the mysterious one." Seungri commented.

"Who's mysterious?" Youngbae spoke while holding a woman's hand.

"Hey, man!" Jiyong greeted with a fist bump.

"So... She is?..." Bom intentionally hung her question.

Youngbae smiled, making his eyes turn into slit. "She's Hyorin... My girl."

"Really?" SeungHyun reacted.

"Hi." The girl greeted shyly.

"Congratulations... We're happy for you." Dara genuinely said.

"I think Daesung and I have a girl hunting to do after this." Seungri spoke, looking at Daesung.

Chaerin chuckled. "Minzy and I better hurry as well."

"Both of you are just being choosy... There are a lot of men lining up before you." Daesung told them which made them laugh.

"Daesung's right... All you have to do is to choose." SeungHyun said.

"But Youngbae Oppa has banned us in being in a relationship." Minzy voiced out.

Youngbae half-raised his arms. "Wasn't my idea... It was one of our partners in the agency."

"Who?" Bom asked.

"Uncle Hyun-suk."

"Really?" Jiyong was surprised. "I thought he's in the U.S. with Uncle Jinu?"

"He comes and go as he pleases... But he makes sure he meets newbies either in person or through video messaging."

"I'm sorry, Minzy. I think you have to be patient and wait til the no-boyfriend contract is lifted." Jiyong said.

Minzy chuckled. "I'm not in a hurry, anyway so that's no problem."

Dara smiled at her.

"How's business doing, Seungri?" Bom asked.

"Fine... Chaerin sometimes takes part in making decisions in the new company our father has created in here."

"Dad was so proud of his progress he decided to give this Rat the sole responsibility in handling the business." Chaerin said proudly.

"But I won't be able do it without your help." Seungri smiled.

"That's new... Your not fighting." SeungHyun commented.

"We're just in a good mood today." Seungri placed his arm on her sister's shoulder and grinned. "She is in a good mood."

"You also have a good news for us?" Dara anticipated.

"I'm expanding my new clothing line in the U.S market... I was given an offer last month and after careful consideration, I said yes to it."

"Then that's definitely a good news." Bom clapped her hands.

"So you're not gonna be staying here anymore, Unnie?" Daesung asked.

"Of course not... I'm happy here. I probably would fly there sometimes but this is still gonna be the last place where my feet would end up." She smiled.

"How about these two couples we have?" Youngbae asked Jiyong, Dara, Bom and SeungHyun.

"Can never be more happy... I still get to do painting every once and a while... and I get to take care of three lovely kids... and a kid at heart." Dara looked at Jiyong and smiled to which he did the same.

"I saw some of your works featured on TV." SeungHyun told her.

She chuckled. "That's a show where Bom and I got featured... The theme was 'Women Behind Successful Men'. Bom's designs were featured, too."

"It was fun shooting that." Bom shared. "Dae-Hwan wasn't camera shy."

"You two look like you won't exchange being a Mom and wife to anything." Chaerin commented.

"You'll know why when you get there." Bom told her.

"I guess I have to find a man quick so I can relate to that." She replied.

"Don't worry, Chae. If you decide to grow old single, I'll still be by your side." Seungri hugged her.

Chaerin rolled her eyes which made everyone laugh.

"Let's cheers to Daesung and Minzy's success." Youngbae raised his wine glass.

Everyone else raised their own glasses and said, "Cheers," simultaneously.

"And cheers to forever friendship and love." Jiyong said.

"I agree... Cheers." SeungHyun seconded.

Again, they raised their glasses and chanted, "To friendship and love."

*************

"Jiyong..." Dara called while her arm were around his waist and one leg was wrapped around his. His arm served as her pillow.

"Hmmm?" His eyes stayed closed.

"I wanna go eat ice popsicle."

"I'll buy some for you tomorrow." He kissed her hair and pulled her closer to him but never opened his eyes.

"But I wanna eat it now." Dara patted his belly.

"It's late at night, Love. We don't have ice popsicle in the freezer." He crinkled his nose and tried going back to sleeping.

She started kicking his leg. "I really want to eat ice popsicle, Ji." She pouted.

He opened his eyes while frowning. "Of all the time you would want to eat ice popsicle, why at this hour?"

"I really want to eat one... I want watermelon flavored ice popsicle."

"And you even have a flavor in mind, huh?"

She grinned.

"What's with the craving, Love?" He scratched his head and stretched his arms while yawning. "It's not like your..." As if a light bulb lit up above his head, he faced his wife and stared at her. "Are you?..."

Dara smiled sweetly.

"We're going to have another baby?" Jiyong looked so amazed.

She nodded.

"When did you know? I should have been with you?"

"I wanted to surprise you." She reasoned out.

He kissed her forehead and hugged her tight. "I'm gonna buy you ice popsicle... You said you want watermelon, right?" How many do you want? Do you want other flavors?"

She pulled away from the hug and stood up from the bed. "Let's look for a convenient store. They probably have ice popsicles there."

"Just stay here and rest. I'll be quick." Jiyong stood up and quickly wore his sweat pants and plain shirt on.

"I wanna go with you... Let's eat there for a change."

"You sure you don't want to just lie down and rest?"

She shook her head while pouting.

He sighed and sat on the bedside.

"Fine... Change clothes so we can go out together."

She gave her husband a quick kiss on his lips before heading towards their walk in closet to change her clothes.

They drove around and ended up at a nearby convenient store. It was as if they were dating like a teenager.

Jiyong enjoyed watching her wife while enjoying her second stick of watermelon popsicle, a smile formed on his lips.

'I love you, Dara. You came into my life and made me experience things I never thought exist... Thank you.' He thought.

"Aren't you gonna eat? Popsicle tastes wonderful." She said cheerfully.

"Thank you, Love... I'm contended just seeing you enjoying that." He smiled.

"Okay." She shrugged.

THE END

******************

 

kristetay09