Chapter 55

Then You Came

"Dara... Jiyong..." SeungHyun came rushing inside Dara's hospital room.

Minzy and Chaerin helped her sat up on the bed. Her other arm was restrained by an arm sling. The gunshot wound on her arm and back were still fresh, making it difficult for her to move around without assistance.

"What happened?" With furrowed eyebrows and feeling nervous, she asked.

SeungHyun played with the hem of his shirt.

"What's wrong? I was just talking to him earlier." She moved, dangling her feet on the bed side for her to stand up. "Bom?" She asked his girlfriend who's standing right behind him.

"I think you have to see it for yourself." Bom replied while looking at the floor.

"Unnie... Let me help you with this." Minzy held the IV (intravenous) stand while Dara rushed outside the room.

"Dara Unnie... You have to be careful. You're still not fully recovered." Chaerin reminded.

"Did something wrong happen? He was just okay earlier... He was even laughing at Seungri's jokes." She started to panic while walking towards Jiyong's room. "He was holding his chest... was it... God! Why not just tell me what's going on?" Dara voiced out while walking fast.

Seungri and Daesung were outside the room when they reached their destination.

"Noona..." Daesung held her hand and squeezed it.

"What's wrong, Dae?" Dara's eyes started to water, feeling nervous of what she'll find out once she enters the room.

"You have to be brave, Noona." Seungri touched her shoulder while looking down.

Without wasting another second, Dara held the IV stand and pushed it as she entered the room.

"Why's his vital signs machine turned off?... Why cover him with the blanket?... No... Dim the lights for him... He's not used to bright light especially when sleeping." She spoke.

She passed by Youngbae who decided to leave the room to give her alone time with Jiyong.

Slowly, she got near Jiyong's bed while her tears were rushing down her cheeks.

She held the blanket that's covering Jiyong's face and gently pulled it down. "Ji..." She caressed his cheek with her free hand while looking at his pale skin.

She started to sob when she can no longer hold back her emotions. Her hand slid down his arm and reached for his hand. She sat on the chair that's on his bedside and pressed her cheek on the hand she's holding.

"Ji... You said you won't go anywhere, right? You just promised you'll stay right beside me... We still have a lot of plans together... You said earlier you were feeling better... I just left for a few hours to allow you to rest... If I knew this would happen, I should have stayed right by your side." She spoke in between sobs.

She kissed his hand and placed her cheek back on it. "Ji..." Her lips trembled. "Jiyong Kwon..." She called. "I love you so much." She tightly closed her eyes while river of tears were flowing from it.

**clearing of throat**

Dara lifted her head up abruptly upon hearing it.

It was only Jiyong and her in the room.

"Hi, Love... I know tears are now flowing from your expressive eyes... And I'm sorry for causing those tears."

Dara looked at Jiyong who's eyes remained closed.

It was a recording.

She focused on the voice that's talking.

"I'm sorry I have caused all those tears lately... And here I am again, making you cry... Sorry, Love... Sorry for not being the perfect boyfriend... though I tried to be one, with all honesty... Sorry for not giving my all when you've given your everything... I want to start anew with you... I'll become a new Jiyong for you."

Dara squeezed Jiyong's hand and kissed it with her lips that's still shaking. "I love you."

What happened next shocked Dara.

Jiyong squeezed her hand back and slowly, his eyes batted open.

"Jiyong?" It's only a few seconds before everything registered in Dara's head.

She quickly gave him a hug and started to sob louder. "You're alive... You're okay." She said.

Seungri peeped from the door with a grin on his face before widening the space to let everyone come in.

"You all know about this?" Dara said, giving them a glare while wiping her tears that's still flowing non-stop.

Jiyong held her on his arms and sat up.

"I hate you, Ji... Don't do that again... I thought I've lost you forever." She hit his chest while sobbing hard.

"Sshhh..." He hushed her. "Sorry, Love." He kissed her hair. "I was hoping to do this in a very dramatic way." He chuckled. "What you've heard in the recording... I really wanted to be a new Jiyong for you... Sweeter... less grumpier... more loving... That's why I wanted to leave the old Jiyong in that pretend death bed." He spoke.

"I love you exactly the way you are, Ji... And I'm not hoping for you to change." She raised her head from his chest and stared at him.

He smiled and tucked a few strands of hair behind her ears.

"Will you allow me to change one thing to you?"

"What is it?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Let's change your last name to Kwon... If it's okay with you." He pulled something from under his pillow.

It's a velvet, red box.

Dara's eyes widened in astonishment. She started crying again. She bit her lips as it was shaking tremendously.

Jiyong stood up and guided Dara to do the same. He then opened the box and knelt in front of her.

"Sandara Park, will you say yes to being Mrs. Sandara Kwon?"

She smiled.

"Will you marry me, Love?"

She nodded. "Yes... Of course." She replied, a little stumbling over her words as she was sobbing.

Jiyong took the ring off from the box and slid it on Dara's ring finger. He then stood up and gave her a quick kiss on her lips.

"I love you." He whispered while wiping her tears with his thumb.

"I'm the happiest woman right now... I'll let that prank pass this time." She chuckled while her eyes still cried so much. "I love you." She said before turning her attention to their audience. "You guys are all great actors... I never noticed it wasn't true."

Chaerin, Minzy, Bom, SeungHyun, Seungri, Daesung and Youngbae were all present to witness the wonderful proposal Jiyong has planned with them.

"Actually, Seungri's a big part of it... He's the Mastermind." Chaerin told her.

"No wonder... He's good in creating scenes." Dara laughed and everyone did the same.

"So, when's gonna be the big day?" Youngbae asked.

"They have to make sure first that they're both already fully recovered." SeungHyun commented.

"That's right... Which made me remember... Your nurses are already looking for you." Bom said.

She walked towards the two lovers and pulled Dara by her free arm. Minzy followed and held her IV stand.

"Sorry, Jiyong. We have to borrow your fiance first... It's time for her medication." Bom told him.

"Hyung's also scheduled for wound dressing change." Daesung told them.

"Let's have both of them separated first before they can even complain." Chaerin chuckled and pushed Dara gently on her back towards the door.

"See you later." Dara said before stepping out.

"Love you." Jiyong declared.

Dara smiled and mouthed, "I love you, too." Before she was brought completely out of sight.

*************

....flashback....

"Dara..." Though out of breath and pain sipping in, Jiyong managed to carefully drop down the floor while Dara's in his arms.

He touched her cheek and kissed her forehead.

"Ji..." Dara spoke, also out of breath. "You were... hurt... too." She said in between breaths.

"I'm okay." He told her even if his vision was starting to blur.

"Let's... get... through this... Ow.. key?" Dara reached out to touch his cheek.

Jiyong kissed her forehead once more before completely blacking out.

Last thing they've both heard were the police's voices screaming for medics to come their way.

They were both brought to the hospital.

Dara was hit by two bullets. One was on her left arm while the other one was on her shoulder blade, hit from behind that penetrated her left collarbone.

Jiyong, on the other hand, was shot near his lungs, causing his condition to be more complicated than Dara.

They've been in the hospital for a month already. Dara woke up after 3 days of being unconscious while Jiyong had to stay in the ICU for more than a week for close monitoring. He was in and out of consciousness and was only brought out of the ICU and transferred to a regular room after 15 days.

....end of flashback....

***************

"Your Doctor said you can go home tomorrow." They were at the rooftop staring at the stars.

Dara was first to be discharged and she stayed by Jiyong's side all throughout his remaining days in the hospital, visiting the rooftop regularly to get some fresh air.

"How's Kim and Tim?"

She placed her head on his shoulder and intertwined her fingers with his. "Missing you."

"I also miss those two naughty kids." He chuckled.

...silence...

Jiyong brought the hand his holding to his lips and kissed it. "I'm excited to start the preparation for our wedding, Love." He smiled like a child.

Dara smiled back. "Before thinking of that, what you need to worry about first is to recover completely."

"You know... I'm almost completely recovered because I see you everyday." He wiggled his eyebrows.

She lightly slapped his face and chuckled. "You're sweet talking again."

"No I'm not... I'm just saying the truth... Just seeing you're lovely face energizes me."

"Yah, right?... I think the cold of the night has affected you... We should go back inside so you can rest."

He laughed and embraced her in a tight hug. "Dara..."

"Hmmm?"

"I love you."

She hugged her tighter and kissed his cheek. "I love you, too."

"You, coming to my life is the most wonderful thing that happened to me... I can't wait to hear people call you Mrs. Kwon."

"I can't wait to build our own family together with Kim and Tim." She told him.

"I can picture more baby Kwon's coming in the near future... They'll be running and playing around the house... I think it would be nice waking up with sound of children's giggle."

"More of children crying... It's not just gonna be happiness, Jiyong... I warn you now. Staying awake all night or waking up in the middle of your deep sleep just to change diapers or feed the baby with milk... feeling tired running around coz kids won't listen... Been there, done that." She chortled.

"I think it's gonna be fun."

"Fun though it's tiresome... It's all worth it." She smiled.

"Gone are those days that I was alone... The twins are now there... You... and our future babies... Mansion will no longer be quiet." He kissed her forehead.

"We've been through a lot... I think there's nothing more we can't face."

"For as long as we face it together... We'll overcome anything."

A tear fell from her eye.

"Did I make you cry again?" He caressed her cheek.

She shook her head. "I'm just overjoyed."

He smiled while looking at her lips. He then lowered his head and reached for her lips for a kiss.

It was light but sweet, enough to make the time stop for both of them.