Chapter 49

Then You Came

"How should we start the conversation with Oppa?"

"I don't know... You tell me. You're the one who's good at this."

"Don't you think it's already late at night to discuss it with Jiyong Oppa?"

"But this is already the second time we've tried. Earlier, we weren't able to talk to him because they're not home... Now, you're telling me it's getting late."

"What are you two arguing about?"

Chaerin was about to reply but got startled when someone other than them spoke.

"Oppa? You shocked me." She said after seeing Jiyong from behind. "Why are you out here?"

"I should ask the two of you instead. What are you doing here at this hour?" He asked back.

"Where's Noona, Hyung?" Seungri asked.

"Are we just gonna answer each other with another question?" Jiyong chuckled.

Both the twins scratched their heads.

"To answer both your questions... I just went out to get some air in the garden... and you're Noona's asleep in one of the guest rooms. She has fever."

"Is she okay?" Chaerin sounded worried.

"She probably got exhausted from everything." He sighed. "Our meeting with the twins' mother didn't go well."

"I guess it's not the time to talk about this with Oppa." Chaerin whispered to her brother.

"Talk about what?" Jiyong heard what Chaerin said.

"Say it." Seungri encouraged his sister as she was staring at him, asking for help.

"If it's something important, let's talk about it over a cup of coffee." Jiyong offered.

"I think that's a good idea, hyung." Seungri agreed.

************

"Oppa, we've talked to Minzy and Daesung earlier this morning... They've told us what's causing Unnie to act that way."

"She already told me, Chae."

"The real story?" Seungri asked.

"When she came, we talked... She told me she didn't really love me." A sad smile formed on his lips. He looked down, not wanting to show the sadness in his eyes.

"And you believed her, Hyung?"

"I don't know... It felt like she didn't want to be with me... And she's only staying because of the kids."

"That's because she's hurting inside, Oppa... Because she loves you so much. It was painful for her to accept what she heard?"

"What do you mean?"

"She was there... That night when you were with Kiko Unnie."

"What?!"

"She came back to talk to you about what happened in Japan... You know her, Oppa. She can't stand a day without clearing a misunderstanding between you two."

"She heard what you have admitted to Kiko Noona."

"But she only heard the part about your plan of using her to have Kiko Unnie back... She ran away after hearing that."

"Oh God!" Jiyong exclaimed, running his hand through his hair.

"Unnie got really hurt by it, Oppa... That's why she's acting that way. She's thinking that everything was just because you were using her."

"And I believed her when she said she doesn't love me... and that she was just attracted to my money... How foolish of me not to realize everything."

"Oppa, Unnie loves you so much... And the more we prolong this, the more she's hurting."

"I know... I didn't mean to do this to her, Chae."

"Hyung, we also know how much you love Noona... What do you plan to do now?"

He took a deep breath and wasn't able to answer Seungri's question.

"We've actually discussed this with Bom Unnie and SeungHyun hyung... They've talked to Kiko Unnie and asked help from her."

"How?"

"We thought that Dara Noona would listen to the truth if it would come from her."

"I should have told her about that plan from the very beginning instead of keeping it from her." Jiyong pressed his face on his palms.

Chaerin touched his shoulder.

"You'll overcome this Hyung... It's just a challenge to your relationship."

"I've hurt her feelings... She's hurting because of me."

"It's just a misunderstanding, Oppa. We know you love her."

"But it won't hide the truth that I really have thought of using her."

"It's all in the past now... I'm sure, once Unnie hears your explanation, she would understand."

"I hope it's just that easy."

"We'll do anything to help you, Oppa."

"Minzy and Daesung... even Bom Noona and SeungHyun Hyung are willing to help."

Jiyong bit his lower lip that's trembling, afraid for his tears to fall.

"Things will be alright, eventually... At least now, you already know why Unnie's acting that way."

Jiyong took a deep breath, huffed some air and nodded. "You're right... I should be stronger now... I should win her back."

"That's the spirit, Hyung... We'll all back you up."

"Thank you for always being there." He looked at the twins.

"We want you both to be happy, Oppa." Chaerin smiled.

He smiled back.

*************

After finishing their cup of coffee, the twins decided to go back home, refusing Jiyong's offer to drive for them. Chaerin said Seungri can manage.

When the twins left, Jiyong decided to check on Dara's condition.

She was still asleep when he got to the room.

He touched her forehead only to find out she's still burning hot.

Dara's forehead creased and one of her eyes opened to see who was in the room with her. "Ji-yong?" She spoke in a weak voice.

"You're still burning hot." He was worried.

"My head's like it's gonna explode... It really hurts." She spoke while trying to lift herself up.

Jiyong assisted her. "Do you want some water?"

She shook her head while she kept her eyes closed with a grimace on her face. "I think I'm gonna throw up."

"I'll get a bin for you."

He was about to quickly leave but Dara held him by the arm to stop him.

"I just want to go to the bathroom."

"Can you stand?"

She nodded, dangled her legs on the side of the bed and tried to stand up. Her knees were so weak she could have fallen on the floor if not for Jiyong's arms that were quick to guide her.

They reached the bathroom and stopped in front of the toilet bowl.

"I'll be fine here." Dara weakly told Jiyong.

"You sure?"

"Thanks." She said while nodding.

"Leave the door unlocked, okay?... Call me if you need anything."

"Ow-key." She replied before he stepped out of the bathroom.

She felt her tummy churning, it wasn't too long when she started vommitting. It was like she's throwing up vigorously, it would make her lungs come out if it's possible to happen.

Hearing how she was throwing up, it made Jiyong worried even more. He paced back and forth in front of the bathroom door. He wasn't able to stand hearing her suffer from outside, he started knocking on the door.

"You alright in there, Dara?" He asked but didn't receive any response.

"That's it... I can't take this anymore." He whispered to himself and decided to open the door.

He saw Dara trying to keep her weight up by holding the back rest of the toilet bowl. She was sweating profusely and tears were already running down her cheeks. She just glanced at Jiyong quickly before starting to throw up again.

Jiyong caressed her back. Seeing her hair falling into her face, he gathered them and securely tucked them behind her ears.

When there was nothing more that she could vomit out, Jiyong flushed the toilet bowl and closed the lid and had Dara sat on it.

He wiped her tears on her cheeks with his thumb before leaving her for a bit to get a damp towel.

"Should we bring you to the hospital?... What should we do?" He asked while wiping her face with the towel.

She weakly shook her head, her eyes closed.

"You're making me so worried, Dara." He spoke while his voice was shaking. He squatted in front of her and started caressing her cheek. "Let's go to the hospital so they can check on you."

Slowly, her head bent and rested on his shoulder. "Let me be with you like this even just for tonight." She said in a whisper.

Jiyong kissed her forehead and hushed her by gently tapping her back.

A few minutes after, his legs started to feel numb. He rubbed her back and slowly stood up after making sure she was already soundly sleeping. He was extra careful not to wake her up.

He made her rest her head on his abdomen while he's removing the numbness on his legs before she carried her on his arms and lay her down the bed.

After settling her on the bed and making sure she was soundly asleep, he grabbed another damp towel and placed it on top of her forehead to ease a little of the pain she was feeling.

"Jiyong..." Dara called him.

He was sitting on the bedside and was looking at her sleeping form.

Her forehead was creased and a tear fell from her eye.

"Jiyong..." She called him one more time.

"Having a bad dream?" He whispered while caressing her cheek with his thumb. "Ssshh... I'm here... I won't leave your side." He hushed her.

She moved and pressed herself closer to him, making his leg as a side pillow as he was seated on the side of the bed.

He gently tapped her arm to lull her to sleep.

"I'm sorry, Dara... I'm sorry I was weak, deciding to let go of you that easily... I thought you meant it when you said you really didn't love me... I'm sorry I hurt you... I love you... I'll make sure to make things right this time." He whispered and bended to kiss her cheek. "I won't let go this time... even if you push me away many times."