Chapter 12

Then You Came

Unni... Need your help. - Chaerin

"What could it possibly be? It's already 9 in the evening." Dara said after reading Chaerin's text message.

She was busy with painting in her room after putting the two kids to bed.

It's been a month since the older twins left the mansion and they still get in touch with Dara through text to ask how everyone's doing.

I need you to go to the bar where Oppa is. I have a bad feeling something bad is gonna happen. - Chaerin

What do you mean? - Dara

A friend of mine happened to be in the same bar where Oppa is. She said they already saw him drinking when they got there... And now, Kiko also arrived with some of her friends. - Chaerin

Dara rolled her eyes and huffed some air. "Really? Jiyong? I thought you've had enough with drowning yourself with alcohol?"

She immediately replied to Chaerin's message.

Have you texted your Oppa? - Dara

He won't listen, for sure. He needs to be dragged out of that bar. - Chaerin

Then it's not me you need to ask but Bom. Jiyong won't listen to me. - Dara

I already tried contacting her. She's in Paris right now with SeungHyun Oppa... You need to be quick Unnie. Please... I beg you. - Chaerin

She didn't have a choice but to agree.

Fine... I'll go. What bar? - Dara

He's at THE PLACE. Have you heard of it? - Chaerin

"Who won't know about that bar Chae? High class celebrities go there to party." Dara said, as if talking to Chaerin by looking at her phone.

Remembering something, she diverted her gaze from her phone to the table where her paintbrushes were scattered.

"Did Jiyong intentionally stayed at the bar to stalk on Kiko?" She asked.

She replied to Chaerin's message, letting her know she knows the bar before quickly standing up and grabbing a jacket from her cabinet. She didn't bother changing her sleeping clothes since it may eat up her time when she needed to be at the bar as soon as possible.

She rode a taxi and asked the driver to drive as fast as he can with a promise to give bonus to the fare she'll be paying.

************

After stepping out of the taxi, she looked around and have seen people who are dressed up entering the bar. She looked at how funny she looks.

She was wearing a plain white shirt underneath her black pullover hoodie partnered with a black fitted jogging pants. She even forgot changing her footwear. She was still wearing her pink house slippers.

"What was I thinking? I didn't even wear a more decent clothes." She stomped her feet on the ground. "Why am I wearing my house slippers?... How will I be able to get in?" She scratched her head.

While in disbelief, a guy walked near her. "Hi... Were you that girl who was with Jiyong at the Reunion that Bom had arranged?"

'Do I know this guy?' She asked herself.

She didn't let him notice she was panicking.

"Ah, yes... I'm Jiyong's friend." She replied.

"Are you waiting for someone?" The guy asked, looking at her from head to toe.

"Ah, I am actually." She said honestly.

"Jiyong?"

"Ah, yes." She answered with hesitation. "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure." The guy smiled at her.

"Can you help me get in?" She pointed at the entrance of the bar.

The man furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Dara's clothes one more time.

"I actually made a bet with Jiyong that I will be able to enter that bar even in my weirdest outfit... my sleepwear. That's why I'm wearing this." She reasoned out with a lie, grinning.

"That's one difficult bet you made with him, huh? There probably is a big stake in line."

"There is... You'll be my saviour if you agree to help me."

"What do I get in return?"

"Huh?"

"I can't just help you without getting anything in return." The guy shrugged.

'Chae, this is a struggle.' She complained in her head.

"How can I return the favor?" She asked.

The guy smiled meaningfully. "Just simple... I want to have your contact number." He replied.

"You got yourself a deal." Dara agreed without wasting any more minute.

"Good." He stretched his arm for a hand shake to which she accepted.

"Let me have your phone." He demanded.

"Eh?"

"Just hand me your phone."

"Fine." She got her phone from her pocket and handed it to him. She was almost losing her patience.

She heard a phone ringing.

"Just to make sure you're not gonna give me an incorrect number." He smiled with his eyes.

"Are we good? Are we going to get in the bar now?" She asked, a little impatient.

"Let's go." He gave her another smile-with-the-eyes look and grabbed her by the hand and walked towards the bar.

'I'll let this pass... Dara, just breathe in' She inhaled. 'Breathe out.' She then exhaled. 'Give me more patience my Lord.'

They reached the entrance door where the line up of party goers were waiting to be given their pass to be able to get in.

Instead of lining up, they went straight to the entrance door where two guards and two tall bouncers were standing. They have just bowed down at the guy who's holding Dara's hand upon seeing him and let them pass through without any questions.

"That's it?" Dara asked after getting in.

"Sorry I wasn't able to introduce myself... My name's Youngbae. Dong Youngbae."

"Nice meeting you Youngbae... I'm also sorry if I'm in a hurry... Can I go now?" She replied, looking around the bar, searching for Jiyong.

"I guess I won't be able to get your attention when you're preoccupied with something else." He chuckled. "You're free to go. This won't be our last encounter anyway." He winked at her.

Not understanding what he meant with the words coming out of his mouth, Dara gave him a bow and gave her thanks before walking through the crowd to be able to find the reason why she had to rush to that place where she least expect herself to be.

Youngbae was left with a smile plastered on his lips.

"I think fate is playing it's role pretty well... I'll get to know you better now that I have your number." He looked at his phone and flipped it in the air before sliding it in his pocket.

***********

"Can I just give you a knife so you can stab your chest direct to your heart? It will be an easier way to die... instead of slowly killing yourself with alcohol."

Jiyong turned his attention to the source of the voice beside him.

"Dara?!" He said, surprised.

She half raised her arm and waved her hand.

"What are you doing here?... How did you even get here wearing that?" He asked, his eyes slowly flattering due to drunkenness.

"Talent." She answered proudly.

Jiyong was about to grab the glass of liquor in front of him but Dara was quick to stop him from drinking it.

She got the glass from Jiyong's hand and drank the liquor in one go.

She grimaced after feeling a burning sensation in .

"Elk..." She stuck her tongue out and shivered. "Enough drinking... Chae texted and she asked me to bring you home."

"No... I want to drink more."

"You're already drunk."

"I'm not... I'm just a little tipsy but not drunk."

"Almost drunk... Chaerin will nag me if I don't get you home now."

"You're not my babysitter so stop acting like you care." He took away Dara's hand that's blocking the other glasses of tequila and took another shot.

"I may only be a babysitter for your nephew and niece but I care about your whole family as much as I care about my brothers and sisters in the orphanage." Dara said in her serious tone, a little hurt about what Jiyong said. "Do you think I'll come running to this place with this clothes if I'm just worried about my job?... I haven't even changed my house slippers thinking I may be too late if I waste another minute... You were here for Kiko... And you got what you wish for... with bonus of the guy who's rumored to be dating her... Are you gonna continue rubbing salt to your wounded heart?"

"Stop saying I'm following Kiko."

"Aren't you?"

"I'm not!" He took another shot of tequila.

"It's not me you're kidding but yourself Jiyong."

"How dare you analyze me when you only work as Kim and Tim's babysitter."

Dara chuckled bitterly. "Babysitter... That's right. I shouldn't bother you with your personal life... Sorry for being intrusive and worrying about you, SIR... Go on with enjoying yourself with your liquor. I still need to check on Kim and Tim since I'm their BABYSITTER." She stood up from her seat and walked away without looking back.

************

Youngbae was watching every movement Dara was making from afar. He was trying to figure out what relationship she has with his ex-friend, Jiyong.

He was interrupted with his observation when someone touched his shoulder. "You did a great job with managing this bar."

"Uncle Jinu, you came." Youngbae greeted his uncle with a hug.

"I came here straight from the airport... I decided to see you and get a few drinks before going to bed."

"Still no plans of staying here for good?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe... if I'm already as rich as you."

Youngbae chuckled. "We all know too well you're way richer than me... I only have my bars to be proud about."

"You just haven't noticed but the number of bars you have already surpassed your goal when you we're just visualizing it and telling me your plans."

"I guess people need a place to enjoy themselves and that's why Dong Youngbae is continuously finding more ways to make it accessible to all."

The man tapped his shoulder. "Slow down a bit... Visit your Mom in the US... She misses you."

"She just visited me last month."

"It's still different if you're the one to visit her... She'll be ecstatic if you tell her you'll come."

"I'm not sure... Her new husband is there so I think she won't think about me that much."

"Aren't you going to get married yet?... Your mom has already found a new one and your still stuck to being single."

"I may not be single anymore.... soon."

"Is there someone you're eyeing on?"

He just shrugged.

"Stop playing around and settle down."

"Let's see." He answered.