Chapter 50

Then You Came

Dara's head was still throbbing in pain but she managed to open her eyes. The image of a sleeping Jiyong was the first thing she saw. He was seated on a couch that's moved near the bed where she was lying down.

She had the chance to study his features.

'I wish I didn't hear those words you said... We could have stayed the same way even if it would just all be pretense.' She told herself. 'It still hurts so bad... the thought about what I've heard... the truth that it's impossible to have US... Being with you and NOT being with you... they're both unbearable.'

Jiyong stirred from his sleep which made Dara close her eyes abruptly.

He stretched his arm and reached for the towel that's on her forehead. He then stood up and headed to the shower room to wash it. When he got back, he saw Dara sitting on the bed.

"Hey, it's still early to wake up." He told her. "How are you feeling?"

"A little better... You should have rested in your room... Have you gotten any sleep?"

"I'm fine... There you go again with worrying about others instead of worrying about your self." He stared at her.

"I'm okay now, Jiyong... I feel better. You can take a rest now."

He didn't speak. Instead, he kept his gaze at her.

"I said I'm okay now... It was probably just lack of sleep from previous days that's why this migraine attacked."

"Dara..." He spoke, almost in a whisper, his eyes were teary. He slowly walked towards her.

The feelings that he kept bottled inside since last night was about to explode.

Facing her direction, he sat on the bed and held her hand that's clasped together on her legs.

She was seated in an Indian-seat position.

He stared at her hands that he's holding. "I was a coward... I gave up easily." He spoke as his tears dropped on Dara's lap.

"Jiyong..." Dara called his name in a whisper, a lump was forming on . Her eyes started to water.

"You were there... You heard what I told Kiko." He slowly lifted his head and looked at her.

Her lips trembled while tears escaped her eyes.

"Dara, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to do that... It was all just a plan."

Dara looked down. She can't look directly at him.

"Look at me." He told her but her head remained bowed down.

He held her chin and gently raised it and made her look at him. "Look at me, Dara... Look at my eyes and it will prove to you how much I love you... All the things I've told you... the gestures I've showed... they all are genuine and true... Yes, I planned to use you to have Kiko back... but that's because I haven't realized my true feelings for you that time... Those tears you've shed while telling me how much you care... That first kiss we've shared after our first dinner together... they brought this magical feeling in here." He guided her hand towards his right chest and made her feel his heartbeat.

"I know it's still not right to think of using you... I won't deny I was wrong... But believe me Dara, there's just you now... I love you... I was so hurt when you told me you never loved me and it was all because of the money... I thought I needed to let you go even if it hurts if that's what's going to make you happy." He was sniffing while well of tears flowed down his cheeks.

"The pain was unbearable, Ji... It hurts so bad it's killing me... If not for the kids, I wasn't planning to go back." She was sobbing.

"Please, Dara." He caressed her cheek and pressed his forehead on hers. "Allow me to prove to you how much I love you... that what you heard was all in the past and it was all just a plan that never really happened."

She didn't speak. Only her sobs can be heard.

"What you said in the garden... they're all lies, right? You still love me, don't you?" He asked, still cupping her cheek on his palm while his face was just centimeters away from hers.

"I don't know what I should believe anymore... I'm scared this might just cause more pain." She said in between sobs.

He kissed her temple... then her cheeks. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Dara... I'm sorry, Love." His lips went down and kissed the side of her lips while tears still trailed down his cheeks.

"I lied... It's not true that I never loved you... Truth is I never stopped loving you, Ji." She sobbed. "But you've broken my heart so bad the only remedy I thought about was to stay away... I thought keeping distance from you would take away the pain."

Jiyong closed the distance between their lips by giving her a light kiss. "I know it's not easy to forget what you've heard, Dara... but believe it or not, I was there because I wanted to free myself from that heavy burden in my chest... I wanted to tell Kiko about everything... that you're the only one in my heart... and that I've completely moved on from what we had because of you... You're the greatest thing that happened to my life."

"Ji, if you're saying this just because..."

He covered her lips with his to stop what she was about to say.

Dara closes her eyes and Jiyong did the same. They've longed for each other for so long they couldn't refrain themselves from making each other feel about it any longer.

It was a long, deep, and passionate kiss. Dara had to cling her arms around his neck to keep him closer.

Breathless, their lips parted but instead of freeing her, Jiyong kept her enclosed in his arms in a tight hug.

"All I want is to be with you, Dara... It might be hard for you to forgive me... I would understand... If I need to continuously beg and woo you back, I will do it... If I have to scream to the world how much I love you, I will... Just tell me how I can win you back... I will do anything for you, My Love." He pressed his head on her neck, letting his tears pour like angry rain.

Dara hugged him back, keeping her eyes closed and just feeling the moment while her eyes were still crying a river.

After a few minutes, Dara started wiping her tears and rubbed Jiyong's back while whispering in his ears. "I know your tired... Go ahead and have some rest."

He pulled away from the hug and stared at her. His eyes looked tired from not having enough sleep and thinking a lot things.

Dara pitied him. 'Have I been selfish?' She asked herself.

"Please don't leave." He said, almost begging.

She gently nodded while wiping the tears on his cheeks. She also moved sideway and straightened the bed sheet beside her to let him lie down properly.

"Dara..."

"You need some rest, Ji. We can talk about this in the morning."

Jiyong lay down and he felt the tiredness slowly sipping into his system. He closed his eyes while holding one of Dara's hands.

Dara gently tapped his chest with her free hand and soothe him to sleep.

For almost 30 minutes, they stayed in the same position until she noticed his even breathing.

She slowly pulled her hand away from his grip. He stirred from his position but she was quick to hush him back to sleep. She quietly got out of the bed and left the room to check on the kids. They were still soundly sleeping so she decided to go back to her room and have a quick bath.

She was already feeling better so she went straight to the kitchen to prepare the kids' and Jiyong's food.

It was already 8:30 in the morning when the twins got to the kitchen, escorted by their two nannies.

Dara gave both a kiss on their forehead and let them sit on their respective chairs and served them both a glass of milk and each a plate with two regular size pancakes and fruits on the side.

"Dara, you have a guest." Nana Jade told her while she was contentedly watching the kids eating their breakfast.

"This early?" She asked, looking confused.

"She said it's important... She's at the mini pavilion near our parking area."

"Who is it, Nana Jade?"

"Kiko." The old lady replied.

"Kim, Tim, finish your food, okay? Mama's just gonna be outside." She told the kids who nodded to her as a response. She turned back her attention to the old lady. "Thanks, Nana Jade... I'll be there." She told her.

***********

Dara cleared and it made Kiko turn her back to see her.

"Good morning." Dara greeted.

"Hi." Kiko responded.

"I'm sorry... If you're looking for Jiyong, he's still asleep."

Kiko gave her a genuine smile. "I actually came to see you."

"Me?"

She nodded.

"Should we talk inside?" Dara offered.

"There's no need... It's better if we talk here. It's more private."

"Let's have a seat?"

"Sure."

They sat a little away from each other and stayed silent.

"I think I should get us something to drink." Dara was just about to stand up when Kiko replied.

"You don't need to bother, Dara."

She sat back and played with his fingers.

"I actually came to talk about you and Jiyong."

...silence...

"Jiyong loves you so much, Dara... I know you're now having a rough time in your relationship and it has something to do with ME."

Dara kept herself silent.

"I'm not a threat... I don't want to ruin your relationship... That's why I'm here to clear things with you."

"Why are you saying all these?" Dara glanced at her.

"Because I know how important you are to Jiyong... Remember that night you received a text message about where he was?... I was the one who sent it."

Dara's eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't get me wrong... I did it without knowing you were in Japan that time... He was drank and I thought you're the first person that should know where he was... If I drive him back home and you see us together, then you might think differently."

"Kiko?"

She chuckled. "But I have to be honest... I thought of using Jiyong to gain people's attention... I'm someone who crave for fame... and I was under impression there's still a chance between US... But he made me feel he was no longer the Jiyong who loved me... He's attention was all fixed to you and the twins... I still remember that time we spoke about the Documentary released about me... You're the reason why he had to talk to me about it... He didn't want you to be affected. He was protecting you... He said he can't let people know about your relationship because you don't want to get media's attention... He was ready to tell everyone about his love for you but he didn't because he was thinking of YOU... That night at the park, he told me everything... His plan of using you to get me back... which caused all this misunderstanding... Well, I'll feel the same way if I were in your shoes." Kiko stood up and turned her gaze from afar. "We've talked only good things about you after that confession... How you've changed his life... How you've brought color to it... He's never these enthusiastic even when we were together... YOU have brought that wonderful smile on his face... that sparkle in her eyes whenever he speaks your name is priceless." She looked at Dara before continuing. "It's love, Dara... TRUE LOVE... Jiyong truly loves you... I hope you see through what you've heard so you can be enlightened with the truth."

Dara looked at Kiko with her teary eyes and gave her a smile. "When pain envelopes you, you can't think rationally anymore... And I know I'm stupid to allow that pain to over power me."

Kiko walked near her and touched her shoulder. "It's never too late to patch things up... Everyone's hoping for you to get back together soon."

"Thank you, Kiko... For doing this for us."

She tapped her shoulder and chuckled. "I know you both love each other... Sorry for getting in the way."

Dara shook her head. "I should be the one apologizing... I got paranoid."

"You shouldn't doubt Jiyong's love for you... It's all true."

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Can we have a hug?... at least?" Kiko opened her arms.

Dara stood up and embraced Kiko who hugged her back.

"You'll talk to Jiyong about this before the day ends, right?"

"I will, for sure."

"That's good to know."

"Why not stay for lunch?... I'll prepare a special meal."

"No thanks... You need alone time with Jiyong... and besides, I still have a meeting to attend to... I just had to make sure I talked to you before I start my day at work."

"I can never thank you enough, Kiko."

"Don't... You both deserve this... You deserve to be together."

"Thank you."

"Enough of that... I have to leave now... Go back inside and give Jiyong a big hug." She tapped her arm.

Dara wiped the tears that escaped her eyes and nodded.

"See you around." Kiko waved her hand and walked towards her car.

"Take care." Dara half raised her hand to say goodbye.

She waited for Kiko's car to drive out of the mansion gate before walking back inside the house.

She's determined to fix things between her and Jiyong now that her mind's all clear with doubts.