Chapter 21

Then You Came

"Papa, look what I found." Tim came running towards Jiyong who was helping Dara and Kim build a sand castle.

"What is it?" He asked, shaking off the sand on his hand.

Tim opened his palms that held a small starfish.

"Oh, it's a starfish." Jiyong reacted. "Show it to your sister."

"Look Kim." The little boy said.

"Wooow! It's a starfish... Can I touch it? Can I touch it?" Kim got very excited.

"Open your hands." Tim instructed and Kim did what she was told. "Here." He gently placed the starfish on his sister's hand.

"Mama, look what Tim has found... It's so pretty." She stood up and giggled.

"Where did you get this Tim?" Dara asked.

"Over there." He pointed. "And I also saw a lot of pretty shells there."

"I wanna see it, too... Please, please." Kim can't contain her eagerness, she was jumping up and down.

"You can go with your brother baby... But be sure not to go too far... Stay where we can see you, okay?" Jiyong told them.

"Yes Papa." The kids said in unison then ran towards where Tim found the starfish.

"They love it here." Dara commented while watching the kids excitedly walk hand in hand towards the shore.

"They're like their father... Darius loves nature, too." Jiyong remembered.

"I think we would need to bring them outdoors more often." She smiled at him.

"That's why they love you... You always give them what they want."

"They only stay as kids in a period of time... At their age, they should enjoy activities appropriate for them."

Jiyong moved closer and held Dara's hand that's on the sand and kissed her shoulder.

"I like to stop the time and stay like this with you." He whispered.

Dara kissed Jiyong's forehead whose cheek was resting on her shoulder.

"Two weeks from now, I'll be flying to New York for a business trip." He mentioned.

"How long will you be staying there?" She asked.

"Probably for a month."

"That long?" She reacted.

"There are things I need to settle there... One of our business partners wants to make sure everything's completely settled before we launch another branch there."

"One month's a long time." She looked sad.

"Do you want to go with me?" He asked.

"I would... but I can't."

"You're worried about the kids again, huh?" He said, looking at Dara who's watching the kids play near the shore.

"No one would take care of them."

"I feel jealous... The kids are always your priority." He pouted.

She held Jiyong's chin on her palm and made him face her.

"They need more care than you... They're just kids." She chuckled.

"Then I should go back to being a kid so I can get more attention." He wiggled his eyebrows.

She lightly smacked his arm. "It's not so Jiyong-like... I'm more used to the serious Jiyong."

"You're the cause of these different emotions I myself am not used to." He touched the tip of her nose which made her crinkle it.

He kissed the side of her lips.

"Whenever I see your lips, I can't stop myself from kissing it." He teased.

"The kids might see us." She reminded.

He sighed and rolled his eyeballs.

"The kids again?" He complained.

"Uh huh." Dara nodded, smiling at the annoyed Jiyong.

Dara stood up to follow the kids and Jiyong was about to complain when she bended and gave him a kiss on his lips.

"That's enough for now." She said, pinching Jiyong's cheek. "You've overdone acting cute today." She chuckled.

She extended her arm and offered her hand to help him stand. "Let's see what the kids are busy with."

He accepted the help and stood up. Without notice, he gave Dara another quick kiss on her lips before running towards the kids.

"Silly." Dara said, smiling.

She haven't seen this side of Jiyong until today and she feels like it's bringing her relationship with him to the next level.

***********

Dara woke up feeling that someone's hugging her and kissing her cheek.

She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the light coming from the window where curtains were neatly drawn to the side.

Jiyong was standing at the foot of the bed with arms crossed on his chest.

"Good morning Mama." It was Kim who kissed her on her cheeks and was sitting beside her head while Tim is lying beside her while his little arms were wrapped on her waist.

"Good morning." She said sleepily. "Why are you up so early?" I asked.

"We have a surprise for you." Tim said, raising his head from the bed, giving her a smile.

She rubbed Tim's arm that's wrapped on her waist.

"This early?" She asked.

"Get up now Mama... Let's go downstairs... Come on." Kim insisted, carrying her head so she can get up.

"We prepared a surprise for you... These two won't stop if you don't follow them." Jiyong said, smiling at her.

"Okay... I'll get up now... But at least allow me to wash my face, okay?" She said, rubbing her eyes.

"We're giving you 5 minutes, Ajhumma... Just 5 minutes." Tim told her, stood up on the bed and pulled her by the arm.

"Papa, can you carry Mama in the bathroom so it would be faster?" Kim suggested.

"Oh, no! Let me get up now... I'm wide awake... See... Mama's awake now." Dara said, getting up quickly and rushing to the bathroom.

The three laughed at how quick she was.

"Wear this." Jiyong handed her an eye mask to cover her eyes.

He helped her wear it to make sure she won't see anything.

They then guided her in going down the stares to the living room where the surprise was.

She heard kids squeaking.

Kim pulled her oversized shirt and asked her to take the eye cover off.

"Surprise!!" Minzy, Daesung, Mother Cecilia and the kids greeted her.

Dara covered in shock and hugged Mother Cecilia whom she haven't seen for two weeks.

"This is a pleasant surprise... I liked it." She knelt down to hug Kim and Tim and the kids from the orphanage, too."

"Jiyong called us and asked us to surprise you." Mother Cecilia said, looking happy.

Dara looked at Jiyong and asked, "What's the surprise for?"

"Before I tell you what it's for, we need to go out first." He told her.

"Okay?" She said while she's being pulled by Tim and Kim outside where the terrace that's overlooking the sea is.

"Happy Birthday..." Everyone greeted.

Daesung and Minzy were blowing party horns.

The terrace was decorated with hanging banderitas while a huge banner that says 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' was sticking on the wall. There were different food choices on the table and a three-layered cake with a figure of a girl that's dressed up like Dara was placed on a separate table.

"My birthday's still next month." Dara gave Jiyong a questioning look.

"Mother Cecilia told me that you celebrate your birthday same date as when they found you... that's gonna be next month, November 12. You were a 1 month old baby during that time, you told me... So it's just fine to celebrate it now." He smiled.

"Thank you." She said and gave him  hug.

"I can't be with you on your BIRTHDAY... but I still want to celebrate it with you and give you a surprise... I hope you liked it." He told her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you... Look how happy the kids are."

"I know they're your happiness... so I thought bringing them here will make the surprise even better."

"This is the best birthday ever." She smiled widely.

"Ajhumma, let's blow your candles... Come on." Tim called.

Jiyong held her hand and walked with her towards the cake.

"Make a wish first, Unnie." Minzy said.

She closed her eyes and uttered her wish silently.

'I wish everyday would be as happy as today... I'm not hoping for material things... For as long as everybody's smiling, I'd be happy.' She wished.

Everyone enjoyed the food and Kim and Tim enjoyed themselves while playing with the kids from the orphanage.

They decided to visit the farm after the celebration for the kids to see the farm animals that's being raised in the area.

The kids have seen ducks, chickens, pigs, and cows. They even rode some of the horses.

The long day eventually ended and everyone was tired after the tour of the farm so the kids have fallen asleep early.

Only the older ones remained awake and they decided to have a cup of coffee at the terrace.

"Thank you for bringing us here in your beautiful farm Jiyong... The kids really enjoyed the tour." Mother Cecilia said.

"Thank you Oppa." Minzy said.

"Invite us again next time Hyung." Daesung told him.

"We can have another trip next time... If given the chance." Jiyong smiled at them.

"I can see how close you two are... Is there something we should know that Dara here's not telling us?" Mother Cecilia interrogated.

Jiyong held Dara's hand and looked at her before replying to Mother Cecilia's question.

"We're enjoying each other's company... I can't deny it Mother Cecilia... I like Dara... She's someone special not just because she takes care of the kids but because she's a lovely person inside and out." Jiyong said.

"Then I hope for both of you to be happy in whatever decision you make." Mother Cecilia told them.

"We'll be happy to welcome you in the family Hyung." Daesung commented.

"We're not rushing things Daesung." Dara said.

Jiyong squeezed her hand.

"Thank you." He said, looking at Minzy, Daesung and Mother Cecilia.

"Just don't hurt our precious Unnie, Oppa. We love her so much." Minzy stated.

"I'll do the best I can to always keep her happy and not hurt her." He glanced at Dara and gave her a sweet smile.

"That's all we're asking." Mother Cecilia said.

After finishing their coffee, Mother Cecilia said, "I guess we should call it a day and take a rest. You should have been tired with all the preparations you've made earlier."

Daesung stretched his arm and patted Minzy's shoulder. "Let's go and check the kids."

"Okay... I'm getting sleepy as well." Minzy replied and yawned.

They've all entered the rest house and went to their respective rooms.

Daesung and Minzy have been a signed to sleep in the room where the kids are sleeping while Mother Cecilia was given a separate room for herself.

Dara decided to sleep where Kim and Tim were sleeping and Jiyong walked her to the room.

"Thank you Jiyong... You made me so happy with your surprise." Dara said before entering the room.

"Good to know that you liked it."

"You go ahead and rest now... We had a very tiring day today."

"Goodnight Dara."

"Goodnight."

Jiyong was about to walk away when Dara called him.

"I forgot to give you something." She smiled.

"What is it?" Jiyong asked.

She walked towards Jiyong, tiptoed and kissed him on his lips.

Jiyong held the back of her head to keep her closer and deepen the kiss that she offered.

"I've been waiting all day to taste your lips but I stopped myself because I shouldn't." He whispered breathlessly in between their kiss.

Dara chuckled and clasped her hands on his nape.

"I wish I could just bring you to my room right now and sleep with your head on my arm." He continued.

"Stop teasing coz it might work." Dara teased back.

"Really?" Jiyong reacted, giving Dara small kisses.

Dara kissed him deeply before sliding her hand on his chest to gently push him away.

"We need to rest now... Go to your room now and I'll sleep with Kim and Tim." Dara shooed him.

"Can I sleep with the three of you instead?" He asked, as if pleading.

"No... You can't." She declined.

He shook her arm and tried to persuade her.

"Please?"

"No... Go now."

He stared at her, pouting.

"No..no... In your room... Go." She held Jiyong's shoulder and turned him around and pushed him away.

He turned his head to look at Dara with his puppy eyes.

"Stop acting cute Jiyong... I know you look adorable but I won't get persuaded by that... Go now."

"Fine... But let me have one more of this..." He said then kissed Dara one more time on her lips before heading towards his room.

Dara entered the room and laid herself beside Tim and Kim, giving both a goodnight kiss before closing her eyes.

Both Jiyong and Dara slept with smile on their lips.