Chapter 25

Then You Came

"Good morning Papa." Kim and Tim greeted Jiyong with so much excitement though they just woke up and were still wearing their pajamas.

"How are you?... Sorry we weren't able to talk last night. Did you enjoy your stay there?"

"Yes Papa... Daesung Oppa and Minzy Unnie played with us."

"Yes... and Kayla and Sab and Rico and George... We played with all the kids here." Tim added.

Both Tim and Kim were busy telling their Papa about their experience at the orphanage while Dara's fixing the bed.

"They haven't taken their breakfast yet." She peeped from the monitor to tell Jiyong.

He looked at his watch and furrowed his eyebrows. "At this hour?"

Dara chuckled. "They just woke up Jiyong... They haven't even gargled and washed their faces."

He smiled. "You two really had a great time yesterday, huh?"

The twins nodded.

"Don't you miss Papa?"

"We do, we do."

"We want you to go home already, Papa."

They said simultaneously.

"I also want to go back there already... Don't worry. Papa's gonna have the final meeting today so we'll see if I can go back soon."

"I'll grow up fast Papa so I can help you and you won't be very tired anymore." Tim told him which made him smile wider.

"That's my boy."

"And Papa, I'll learn how to cook delicious food like Mama Dara so you and Tim can have a happy tummy." Kim said proudly.

"Wow!! Papa will wait for that... I can see both of you are growing up so well."

"We love you Papa." Kim placed her hands on top of her head, forming a heart shape.

"I love you both."

"I'll just go out to prepare the kids breakfast." Dara interrupted. "Have you eaten yours?" She squinted her eyes at him.

Jiyong nodded while smiling. "I did. I ordered something for breakfast from the restaurant where Mister Driver brought me last night."

"That's good." She smiled back.

"You'll have egg and bread for breakfast... Plus your milk." She said, ruffling both Tim and Kim's hair and got out of the room after.

"Is your Mama still there?" Jiyong whispered.

"She just went out." Kim replied.

"That's good." He said, back to his normal tone. "I want both of you to help me with something."

"What is it Papa?" Tim asked.

"We'll have a surprise for Mama Dara. It's at home waiting for her."

"Really?!!" Kim and Tim got excited about the news.

"Shhhh... Mama Dara might here you. It's an art room that Uncle SeungHyun and Aunt Bom decorated. It's a gift for her FOUND DAY. It's the room beside your play room."

"Woow!! I wanna see it." Kim exclaimed.

"You need to bring her there once you get home, okay?"

"We get to surprise her?" Tim asked.

"Ah huh." Jiyong nodded.

"You're the best Papa." Tim gave him a thumbs up.

"Mama loves painting so I bet she'll love it."

"Mama will love it for sure." Kim commented.

"Kids, time to eat." Dara came in and the kids were surprised, causing them to stare at her in silence.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." Tim was quick to reply.

"You got in abruptly. They probably got shock." Jiyong lied.

"Sorry." She apologized, innocent to what the three were planning.

"I need to go... I have another meeting in 2 hours." Jiyong told them.

"Take care... Don't skip meals." Dara reminded, her hands placed on her waist.

"I won't... See you tonight kids... Don't forget what I told you." He winked.

"What is it?" Dara asked.

"It's nothing Mama... Papa just wants us to behave." Kim answered.

"They're behaving well, don't worry." She told Jiyong.

"Very good... Need to go. I miss you."

"We miss you more Papa... Come back home soon." Tim spoke.

"I'll do my best."

"Take care." Dara said before the video call ended.

"Okay kids, let's go out so you can take your breakfast. We'll go home after."

"We're going home... I'm excited." Tim uttered.

"Me, too." Kim followed while her hands were raised in the air.

Dara shook her head while watching the twins walk towards the dining room.

***********

'I didn't have the chance to tell Jiyong about Youngbae's visit in the orphanage... Should I still tell him or just let it pass?' Dara was bothered with the thought while getting inside the mansion.

"Mama, can we go to our playroom?" Kim asked that caused her to snap out of her thoughts.

She squeezed the little girl's hand that she's holding and nodded. "But remember... today is Sunday so your play time is limited, okay?"

They both smiled at her widely.

"Let's play hide and seek with Ajhumma then we'll both hide on the room next to our play room... That way she'll see her artroom." Tim whispered to his sister.

"Okay." Kim whispered back and raised her free hand for a high-five to which Tim reciprocated.

They both giggled in excitement.

"You both are in the mood today, huh?" Dara noticed.

"Mama, we want to play the game we played with Daesung Oppa and Minzy Unnie." Kim said.

"What game?"

"Hide and seek... We played that yesterday, right?"

"Aahh... Sure." Dara agreed.

"Kim and I will hide and you'll search for us, okay?"

"Okay... Wanna play it after we fix these things in your room?" She raised the travel bag for the kids to see.

"We'll help so we can play already... Come on Mama, let's go." Kim pulled her arm while Tim was pushing her back.

"Okay... There's no need to rush." Dara laughed at how eager the twins were in playing hide and seek.

After unpacking the twins' clothes from the bag and fixing them, they headed to the kids' playroom to grant their request.

"1, 2, 3..." Dara's eyes were tightly closed but she heard the door of the playroom opened.

"8, 9, 10... Where are you Tim and Kim?" Dara asked after opening her eyes to start searching for the kids.

"I heard the door opened... They could have tried hiding outside." She pursed her lips and walked to the door to peep her head and check if she could see any signs of the kids presence.

She stepped out of the room and looked around. "Where are you Kim and Tim? Mama's out to find you."

She heard chuckles from the adjacent room after passing near its door.

"Tim? Kim?" She called before turning the knob.

And the chuckles became more audible.

Slowly and silently, Dara opened the door wanting to surprise the kids... but what happened next was the opposite.

"Got you Tim and Kim!" She exclaimed.

"Surprise!!" The twins uttered.

"What is this?" Dara asked confused.

Tim held her hand and guided her towards a stool that's placed in front of a stand that holds a huge blank canvas.

She browsed the room. It was painted white. A huge window gives a wonderful view outside of the huge mansion where variety of trees are proudly swaying. A huge cabinet with intricate details and has a lot of drawers is placed near the wall.

Dara saw a piece of paper on top of the cabinet. She grabbed it and read the message.

Happy FOUND DAY!
I wanted to be there to see what your reaction would be once you see this room. Too bad I have to be here, far away.
I hope you like it.
I asked SeungHyun to paint the walls white so whenever you decide to use it as you're canvas, you can freely paint there, too.

She tried opening the cabinets and drawers. Different paint brushes from small to big ones where properly lined up. Another cabinet holds different colors of paint labeled meticulously. She even saw canvases huge and small piled in one area.

"Did you know about this?" She faced the twins.

Both the twins were grinning at her.

"Papa just told us about it this morning." Kim confessed.

"Did you like it Ajhumma?" Tim asked.

"I don't just like it Baby..." She got near the twins and squatted to match their height. "I love it."

The twins hugged her tight.

"Papa will be happy to know you love it." Kim kissed her cheek.

"We also have a gift for you." Tim said.

"Yes, yes... Daesung Oppa helped me with it."

"And Minzy Noona helped me."

Kim and Tim handed her a paper that has a drawing on it.

Kim's work shows a princess that has a nice crown on her head.

"Is this me?" Dara asked and Kim nodded.

"You're as pretty as a princess just like me." Kim said and gave her another tight hug.

"Thank you Kim." Dara kissed the little girl. "And you young man... What did you draw for me?"

"It's a family picture... This is Kim and Me." He started by pointing the image of two kids in the middle. "And Papa... and you... MAMA."

Aside from the wonderful drawing, Dara's attention was caught by how Tim addressed her.

"Thank you Tim." Dara said, tears were clouding her eyes.

"Happy Birthday, Mama." Kim said.

"Happy Birthday... MA-MA." Tim repeated.

"Oh my... You both made me so happy... Thank you so much." She enclosed the twins in her arms and tears started to fall.

Tim pulled from the hug and wiped her tears. Kim did the same.

"Don't cry Mama." Tim told her.

"I'm just happy... Very happy." She smiled at them.

"Can we put this on the wall?" Kim asked, pertaining to their drawings.

"Of course... I should work harder so i can make beautiful paintings same as these." Dara stood up and wiped her tears.

She tried looking for a tape to help stick the twins' drawing on the wall. She got one from one of the drawers.

"There... The wall looks prettier." She said proudly after sticking the pictures on the wall. "Good job kids." She told them.

"Because these drawings are so good, should we bake a cake to celebrate?" She asked.

"Chocolate cake?" Tim's eyes became round.

"Whatever flavor you like."

"Can we help Mama?" Kim asked.

"Of course."

"Yehey!!"

"Let's bake now. Come on Mama."

The two pulled her out of the room.

"Careful... We'll get there even without hurrying." She chuckled.

"Cake! Cake!" The two chanted holding their Mama's hand and raising it in the air.

"Silly." Dara blurted out.

Happiness is all over her face.