Chapter 27

Then You Came

With hesitation, Dara decided to explain to Jiyong. She thought the earlier she talks to him, the better. She won't be able to sleep well anyway since it's gonna be a burden in her chest.

She knocked on his door and opened it when she didn't get any response from inside.

Peeping her head through the little space, she looked at what Jiyong was doing.

His back was facing her as he was staring out the window while holding a glass of liquor.

She slowly got in and gently closed the door.

She cleared . "Jiyong, can we talk?"

He stayed silent and didn't even look at her direction.

"Please... Let's not end this day without talking." She pleaded.

Jiyong finished the liquor on his glass in just one gulp.

"Jiyong..."

He faced her. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was supposed to tell you about it but I didn't get the chance."

"We talked the night of your FOUND DAY... the day after that... we spoke a number of times Dara... and you didn't say anything about it... You were intending to hide it from me."

"I didn't want you to think about it when you already have a lot to worry about."

"So you still wouldn't tell me about it if Tim didn't mention his name?"

"That's not it Jiyong... I'm just finding the right chance."

He chuckled bitterly. "Tell me Dara... Do you like him, too?"

"Of course not... He's just a friend Jiyong."

"Then why invite her there... And even let the kids talk to him." He raised his voice.

"You don't understand Jiyong... Daesung invited him... He's helping Dae with his singing career... It's his dream and Youngbae's someone who can guide my little brother on his way to his dreams."

"Then why not ask help from me?... I have my own connections, too."

"I didn't ask help from Youngbae... He judged one of the singing competitions where Daesung has joined and Youngbae saw potential in him... that's why he's helping my brother... Daesung told him that there will be a little feast at home that day and he invited him to come over... That's why he was there."

He walked towards his mini bar and poured his glass with whiskey, took a shot and poured it again. When he's about to take another shot, Dara walked to him and pulled his hand down, not letting him drink another glass.

"Are you just gonna be like this instead of us fixing this misunderstanding?" She asked, sadness registered on her eyes.

"Why does Youngbae have to enter the picture?" He gripped on the glass tighter.

"You're the only one who thinks that way Jiyong... He's just a friend. I told you I would like you to still have your friendship with him back. Nothing else."

He raked his hair.

"Please believe me Jiyong... I was about to tell you about it. I was just finding the right timing... because I know this would be your reaction... I never intended to keep it from you."

He held her shoulders and pushed her towards the wall. He trapped her with his arms. "You told me you love me, right?"

"I do... It's only you."

"I didn't want to lose you Dara... I'm jealous just thinking about you being with Youngbae during your Found Day instead of me... I'm jealous that your also giving your attention to another man aside from me... I like you Dara... No... I love you... I might sound possessive but I don't want you being with another man. I love you Dara."

As if her tongue got pulled back, she wasn't able to speak. She just looked at Jiyong's eyes.

"I love you Dara." He repeated.

"Jiyong..." She mumbled, can't find words to express how she felt.

She bit her lower lip as it started to tremble. Her vision became blurry as tears got trapped on her eyes. She got choked up with her emotion.

Jiyong wiped the tear that ran down her cheek with the back of his hand.

"I'm sorry... for always making you cry... Sorry for being jealous."

"Can you say it one more time?" She asked.

"Say what?"

"I still can't believe it... You said... You... It came from your mouth... Love... Yes... You said you love me? You said it, right?" Her thoughts were jumbled.

He kissed her forehead and nodded. "I love you... I love you Sandara Park."

Dara smiled while tears escaped from her eyes. She was crying then laughing in too much joy.

Covering her face with both her hands, she sobbed.

Jiyong enclosed her in his arms and kissed her hair.

"Sorry I got angry easily without hearing what really happened... Hearing Youngbae's name and you being associated with him just makes me jealous... Really really jealous." He rubbed her back and gently pushed her away to look at her.

He took off the hands that were covering her face and tucked her loose hair behind her ears.

"I was dying to see you when I was in the US... However tired I was, I get relieved whenever I see your face. I even have flew back here immediately after finishing what I have to finish just to be with you... This heart of mine was longing to be freed... I wanted to tell you how I feel... but I want you to be physically in front of me so I rushed home... I didn't expect telling you what I feel in this situation... I was planning a more romantic scene... Sorry that I can't handle my emotions well... and I easily got mad at you."

"You're no longer angry?" She looked at him with her puffy eyes.

"I'm still jealous though." He pouted.

Dara smiled and sniffed. "You shouldn't be... I love you Jiyong." She caressed his cheek with her thumb.

"I know... I just can't stop myself from feeling that way. I'm scared that I might lose you."

"That's never gonna happen."

"Will you be staying away from Youngbae?" He hugged her closer.

"Jiyong... can't you reconcile with Youngbae? Is there no chance anymore?"

"Ask me anything else, except that."

She snakes her arms on his waist and pressed her cheek on his chest.

"Just try... Please."

"No."

"Even if it's my request?"

"Even if."

"Please." She hugged him tighter.

He didn't reply.

"Let's meet up with him and just say hi."

"Dara..." He complained.

She pulled out of the hug and looked at him with her puppy eyes. "Please Mr. Kwon."

"I don't know."

Dara smiled a little. "Please?... For me."

Jiyong sighed.

Dara's smile became wider.

"I didn't say yes yet."

She shrugged. "Should I go out with him alone then?"

"Dara!!" He raised his voice.

"But I have to discuss with him about Daesung and we have to meet again." She made up a plan.

"I'll be with you." He was quick to reply.

Dara rejoiced inside. "You might be busy and you said you don't want to see him."

He sighed. "You won... We'll both meet with him."

"Really?" She got excited.

"I don't have a choice." He rolled his eyes.

She showered him with kisses on his lips. "Slowly, I know you'll regain your lost friendship with him."

"Don't be too hopeful."

"Little hope is better than no hope at all." She grinned.

"I have one favor to ask." He touched the tip of her nose.

"Anything."

"Stay here in my room tonight."

"Huh?!" She shielded her body with her arms.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk... Dirty thoughts." He pointed at her forehead.

"You mean?..."

"I just wanna lie down beside you."

"Promise?"

"Well, it will be tempting... I'm a man and you're a woman..." He teased.

"Jiyong..." She slapped his arm.

Jiyong chuckled. "I was just kidding... I respect you as a woman, Dara... I promise I won't do anything naughty... I'll keep my naughty thoughts for later."

"You promise?"

"I promise." He raised his right hand.

"Fine... You got yourself a deal." She gave him a thumbs up and smiled sweetly.

"I love you."

"And I love you more." She replied.

He pulled her closer and kissed her cheek.

As if her lips were inviting her, he wasn't able to stop. Slowly, his lips touched hers.

They shared a sweet kiss until it became deeper.

Jiyong carried her towards the bed without separating from the kiss. He slowly laid her down while he was on top of her.

"Jiyong..." Dara said in between their kiss. "You promised."

"I know." He replied while their lips were just a centimeter away.

He leaned his elbow on the bed to support his weight and stared at her.

"You look beautiful."

She laughed. "You have a sense of humor."

"You really are."

She smiled. "That's just lack if sleep... Your eyes are tired."

She held his cheeks and gave him another peck on the lips. "Let's sleep now."

He crawled up the bed and made himself comfortable. He patted the space beside him to let Dara lie there.

Dara obliged and placed her head on his arms while Jiyong wrapped his free arm on Dara's waste.

She moved closer to his chest and closed her eyes. "Goodnight."

Jiyong kissed her hair and closed his eyes as well. "This will be a good night sleep."

He turned off the light from his lamp shade and they've slept in total darkness.

"Are you scared of the dark?" Jiyong whispered.

She shook her head. "Not when I have these strong arms to protect me." She whispered back.

He smiled with satisfaction. "Goodnight." He told her and let his self be taken to slumberland.