Chapter 37

Then You Came

"Why can't we fly with you to Japan? It's just less than 2 hours flight... The kids will be back in time for school." Jiyong asked while he was behind Dara, walking down the stairs.

"You know why, Jiyong." She replied without looking behind her.

"Media? Again?"

"We already talked about it."

They've reached the end of the stairs and Jiyong stopped her from walking by holding her by her shoulder and made her face him.

"I told you I'm willing to let people know."

"But I want a quiet life with you, Jiyong."

"Don't you want us to be with you?"

"Of course I want to... But..."

"Then let us be with you there even just for two days... Lily and Anne will be there... We'll keep a low profile. I promise we'll do as much as we can to avoid media."

She sighed. She wanted to still say NO but she was overpowered by her wanting to be with them. "Fine... But the kids should be back before class resumes the following week." She surrendered.

A big smile on Jiyong's face surfaced. He ed his elbow and said, "Yes!" to rejoice.

***********

"There's accommodation provided for us, Jiyong."

They got to the hotel where Jiyong and the kids will be staying.

"I know... You've already told me that before we left... But stay here first until we go back home. The kids would like to be with you."

The kids were outside, checking on their room together with their Nannies while they where on the next room where Jiyong will be staying.

Dara crinkled her nose.

"Don't tell me you're going to say NO to that as well?" Jiyong pouted.

She walked towards him who's seated on the bed and sat on his lap. "I didn't say anything Mr. Kwon. You're so fast to assume I won't be staying here." She pinched his nose. "Of course I'm staying here. I'm not gonna be with the three of you for a while." Wrapping her arms around his neck, she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Dara..."

"Hmm?"

"I love you." He said in a serious tone.

She lifted her head from his shoulder and chuckled. "Why be serious all of a sudden?"

"I know you're still worried about my feelings for Kiko... I felt that when I went out to meet her... But I want you to know that whatever it was that I have gone through... that feeling of wanting her back... her name in here..." He touched his chest where his heart is. "...they're all gone now... I love you and nothing can change that feeling now. My system... everything in me just yells your name and only your name."

"Honestly... I got scared that once you see her, you'll remember that feeling you have for her... I told myself, I know where I stand... and I know there's a chance you might go back saying you've realized it's still her."

"How can I take away that fear?" He caressed her cheek.

She smiled. "Allowing me to stay with you and the kids would be enough... I love you, Jiyong. And whatever happens, that wouldn't change."

With both hands, he cupped her cheeks and gave her a peck on her lips. "I love you." He smiled back. "Sandara Kwon... Sounds perfect, right?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

She smacked his arm and chuckled. "You're being silly." She stood up and held Jiyong's hand to pull him up. "Let's go out and check on the kids' room."

Jiyong followed but stopped her before she could turn the doorknob. He made her face him and held the back of her head. He smiled meaningfully and placed his lips on hers.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and responded to the kiss as it grew deeper.

"I'm okay with just staying in here for our two-day stay for as long as I can have this kiss every minute." He seductively told Dara.

"Then how about the kids? They should enjoy this trip, too, right?" She whispered.

He frowned. "I forgot... We have the kids with us."

She slid her hands down to his chest towards his waist and wrapped her arms there. "Should I lie down beside you tonight and on the following night of your stay?" She looked at him to check on his reaction.

He grinned. "Will you?"

"Well, it depends."

"Aah... So my Dara's playing hard to get, huh?" He poked the side of her waist and her body involuntary twitched.

She escaped from the hug while being alerted. "Stop that, Ji." She reprimanded while trying to keep her smile.

"Scared of this?" Jiyong, being his naughty self started poking Dara where she's ticklish.

Dara started giggling, running away while Jiyong was chasing her with his pointing finger ready to tickle her more.

"Are you gonna say yes now?"

"Nah ah?" She shook her head, smiling.

"Okay? Then feel my wrath... Aaahh!!!" Jiyong charged her and tickled her more until Dara tripped at the side of the bed and fell on it.

"Stop it Jiyong... It really tickles." Dara said in between her giggles. She was flipping from side to side, trying to get away from Jiyong who's on top of him.

He chuckled as he continued to tickle her armpit and neck.

"Fine... I surrender. I'll sleep beside you." She told him while almost crying out of laughter.

It didn't make him stop. He continued what he was doing. "Promise?"

"I promise... Promise." She replied, being out of breath.

"Very good. HAHAHA." He rejoiced and threw his body beside her.

He turned his head to look at her.

Few beads of sweat started to form on her forehead. She was catching for breath. "You're so mean, Jiyong. I feel hot all of a sudden." She started fanning herself with her hand while staring at the ceiling.

Jiyong smiled and swiftly moved back on top of her and was about to give Dara a kiss when the twins entered the room.

"Papa, we heard you from outside... What are you doing to Mama?" Kim asked while she and her brother charged them on the bed.

"Help me... Papa's trying to tickle me to death."

"Papa, that's not nice... We don't want Mama to die." Tim said.

Jiyong raised both his hands to surrender.

"Tim, what do we do to bad people?" Kim looked at her twin brother while her hands were on her waist.

"We punish them... Make them as food for the crocodiles." Tim nodded, looking serious.

Dara chuckled. "Be ready, Ji... They're getting serious with their acting."

He shrugged and before he can react, Kim and Tim hugged him and made him lie down on the bed.

"Papa, you've been a bad guy... The crocodiles will eat you." Kim told him before they started acting like their eating his flesh.

"Aahh... Please spare me... I don't wanna die." Jiyong acted with them, pretending like he was hurt.

They started laughing when Tim raised his head while wiping his saliva. Kim did the same.

"Hey... You two got into your characters really well." Jiyong said, laughing at the twins as he help Tim wipe his mouth.

Dara did the same for Kim.

Before the giggle and laughter in the room died down, Jiyong started to act into character again.

"Because Papa was eaten by the crocodiles... he became a zombie... Ack... Arr..." He popped his body left and right, acting like he's been awaken from the dead.

The twins started to scream and got out of the bed and ran in circles inside the room while Jiyong chased them.

Still acting like a zombie, he charged Dara and pretended to bite his arm, to her neck, to her ear.

"Aaahh... Kids, help me... Mama's being eaten by a zombie." Dara pretended to be frightened.

The twins went on charging Jiyong, giving him light kicks and some punches.

"Aahh... Aahh." Jiyong acted weak and laid on the floor.

"Is the zombie dead?" Dara asked.

"Mama... the zombie will be a human again with a kiss." Kim told Dara, tugging the hem of her shirt.

Tim knelt beside Jiyong whose eyes were closed and held Dara's hand to pull her to her knees, too.

She knelt beside Tim and caressed Jiyong's chest. "Poor zombie."

Kim was hugging Dara from behind. She was in par with her Mama's height now that she was kneeling down. "Kiss her now, Mama."

Jiyong opened one eye and pointed his lips.

"I thought the zombie's dead?" Dara chuckled.

"He is... It was just his reflexes... It's his last energy." Tim explained cutely.

"Should I really kiss the zombie?" She asked.

"Yes... Kiss the zombie, Mama. We need to make him human again or else, Papa will be gone forever." Kim told her.

"Oh... We'll all be sad if we lose Papa... Let me kiss the zombie now." Dara said, trying to stop herself from laughing.

She bended and gave Jiyong a kiss on his lips.

Jiyong's eyes batted open.

"Papa's alive... Yey!!" The twins hugged Jiyong while he was still lying down on the floor.

Dara was clapping her hands in excitement.

"I don't know this game's gonna be this tiring." Jiyong sat up and acted like he was very tired.

"You need to play with them that way until I come back." She stuck her tongue out.

"Hah... You'll see... When you get back, I'll already be their favorite." He boasted.

"But Papa, both of you are our favorite. Right, Kim?"

Kim nodded which made Dara and Jiyong laugh.

Both of them hugged the twins in so much adoration.

************

"Aaww... It will be hard for Mama if I see you both crying like this." She bended down and placed the twins in her arms.

It was easier for them to act freely in Japan since Jiyong isn't that known in there.

They were able to visit the Legoland together and even bought a lot of Ampanman stuff in a huge Ampanman store. Another attraction they visited was Ghibli Museum where the kids got a glimpse of how animation's done. They only have limited time so they didn't get the chance to visit a lot of attractions as much as they want to.

"Be good while Mama's away, okay? Listen to what Nanny Lily and Nanny Anne tells you... And don't give them a hard time, especially Papa."

The twins continued sobbing.

"Mama will see you everyday through videochat. It will just feel like I'm on the other room." She gently pushed the twins away and wiped their tears. She looked up and hid her tears that started to cloud on her eyes.

"We love you, Mama." Kim said, hugging her tight.

Tim kissed her cheek after wiping his tears. "We'll miss you."

She gave them another hug. "Mama loves you both so much. I'm also gonna miss you." She pulled from the hug, stood up and tapped Kim and Tim's head. She looked away and wiped the tears that escaped her eyes. "The plane's not gonna wait for you guys. You better go now... Lily, Anne, make sure to give me updates about the kids everyday, okay?"

"Yes, Unnie." Both replied.

Jiyong walked towards her and hugged her. "I'm gonna miss you." He kissed her hair. "Take care."

She placed her arms around his waist and hugged him tighter. "Take care... Don't work too hard."

"I love you." He whispered.

She pulled her head up from his chest and smiled. "I love you." She mouthed.

He chuckled. "We'll get going."

Dara nodded.

He kissed her on her temple before releasing her from the hug.

"Take care, Unnie." Lily told her.

"Thank you." Dara smiled.

Kim and Tim ran towards her and gave her one last hug.

"See you again soon... I love you both." She tapped their cheeks and smiled.

"Come on now... We have to leave." Jiyong told them.

Kim started to cry again.

"Ji, carry her so she won't cry anymore." Dara said.

Jiyong scooped her in his arms and the little girl pressed her head on her Papa's shoulder. He waved his hand to Dara and started walking away.

Tim also waved her hand, held his Nanny Anne's hand and started walking.

Dara stayed standing where she was until the image of Jiyong, the twins and their Nannies were no longer visible.

She placed her hands inside the pocket of her jacket and left afterwards.