Chapter 26

Then You Came

"Hey... Who's this?" Dara asked, touching the hands of the person who's covering both her eyes.

She was busy finishing a charcoal painting while a solemn music (Yiruma's Till I Find You) was playing in the background.

The kids were at school so she was left alone in the house.

"Guess who?" The person asked.

'I know that voice... He just tried to change it.' Dara thought.

"Jiyong?" She said.

"Are you sure?"

She tried to take the hands off her and turned around to look who it was and was shocked to see the person in front of her.

The man gave her a peck on her lips. "Missed me?"

"I thought you won't be back til next week?"

He chuckled. "Took the flight immediately after our last meeting... Didn't want to waste more time." He smiled widely.

"Sorry, I look like a mess." She replied, showing her hands full of black marks.

"You look tempting when you're like that... Are you using your face as your canvas, too?" He laughed, touching her nose that's marked with the charcoal.

"I'm a little clumsy when I use charcoal... I tend to touch wherever not realizing my hands are not clean." She replied, wiping her face with her dirty hands.

It made Jiyong laugh more. "I can see that."

He took his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped Dara's face.

She looked at the hand that's wiping her face and saw that she also marked it with black.

"Let's go ahead and wash up instead... Look at your hand that I touched. It's also with charcoal marks." She chuckled.

"Wash up together?" He said mischievously.

"Jiyong!" She reacted, knowing what he intended to convey.

"I was just kidding." He chortled. "Should we surprise the kids and go out together?"

"Shouldn't you be resting? You had a long flight. I know you're tired." Dara looked worried.

"I was able to rest during the flight so don't worry about me." He smiled at her and caressed her cheek with the back of her hand. "I really missed you."

She smiled back. "We missed you, too."

"How much did you miss me?"

"A lot?"

"How much is a lot?"

"Like a million." She crinkled her nose.

"Can you show me how much?" He teased.

She squinted her eyes and raised the side of her lips.

"I'm hurt... That means you really didn't miss me." He acted gloomy.

"Fine." She surrendered.

Jiyong smiled like a kid.

She kissed him at the side of his lips.

"That's how much you missed me? That means you didn't miss me that much." He commented.

"Jiyong..." She complained.

He shrugged.

Dara took a deep breath and sighed. She tiptoed to kiss Jiyong's lips.

He pulled her nearer, gently held the back of her head and kissed her deeply to which she replied with the same passion.

She wrapped her arms around his neck for support since her knees started to weaken and it made Jiyong smile in between their kiss.

Catching for breath, Dara whispered. "We need to get going or else the twins might whine while waiting."

"Can we just wait for them here?" He replied, giving little kisses on Dara's lips.

She chuckled. "Jiyong, you were the one who suggested to go out with the kids, remember?"

"I changed my mind." He kissed her fully on her lips again.

After another minute of passionate kissing, Dara pulled away.

Jiyong was about to pull her closer and kiss her again but she placed her hand on his lips to stop him.

"I think I've already proven how much I missed you Mr. Kwon." She acted serious.

He frowned.

She smiled and pinched his cheeks. "You look cute."

He pointed his lips with his index finger, wanting for Dara to kiss her again. She obliged by giving him another light kiss on his lips and pulled him out of the room.

"We should wash up now so we can go to Kim and Tim. Don't you miss them, too?"

"I do."

"Then, Mr. Kwon, we should go out and see them now."

They stopped in front of his room.

"Yes Ma'am." He replied, smiling.

"Good boy." She tapped her head.

He kissed her on her cheek and immediately went in his room to wash up.

Dara walked to her room and did the same.

She drove the car to let Jiyong rest for a bit.

***********

"Papa, can we visit Mama's home more often? We love playing with the kids there." Kim asked while they were having dinner together after they went out shopping.

"You liked it there, huh?" He pinched her cheek.

"We played a lot... Daesung Hyung and Minzy Noona helped us in making a gift for Mama." Tim said.

"Mama?" He asked, looking at Dara, puzzled.

Dara smiled at him. "He made me cry when I first heard him call me that after we got home from the orphanage." She whispered.

Jiyong ruffled Tim's hair. "What gift did you give your Mama?"

"We drew for her... and she placed it on the wall of her art room." Kim relayed.

"Did you like the room?" Jiyong asked Dara.

"So much... Thank you." She replied. "You've given me more than enough. Stop spoiling me."

Jiyong shook his head. "I'll do anything to make you happy... and the kids, too."

She smiled sweetly. "Thank you."

"You're always welcome."

"Papa, what should we do this weekend?" Tim interrupted.

"I don't know... What do you think?" He encouraged the kids to suggest.

"Amusement park?" Tim suggested hesitantly.

"Zoo... I want to see the zebras and giraffes and tigers and lions and monkeys... I want to see a lot of animals." Kim told them with too much enthusiasm.

"Zoo's nice... Amusement park, too." Jiyong thought.

"Or we can also go camping, Papa. Uncle Youngbae said camping's nice." Tim raised his hand, blurting out his idea.

"Uncle Youngbae?" Jiyong's eyebrows furrowed.

"He's Daesung Oppa's manager." Tim explained.

"Manager?" Jiyong's expression became darker.

"Why Papa?" Kim asked, noticing his reaction.

"I'm just curious who this Uncle Youngbae is." He forced a smile but gave Dara a meaningful look. "How did you meet him?"

"He visited when we stayed in the orphanage?" Dara answered.

"Visited? Why should he?" He raised his voice.

"It's not what you're thinking Jiyong... He was there because Daesung invited him..." Dara tried to explain but she wasn't able to finish what she's about to say.

"That bastard!" He hissed, gritting his teeth.

"Jiyong... not in front of the kids." Dara told him in a whisper.

"I'm sorry... I've already lost my appetite." He forcefully dropped his fork and knife and left the dining table.

"Jiyong..." Dara tried to stop him but he didn't look back.

"Mama, did I say something wrong?" Tim asked, looking scared.

Dara stood up and sat beside the twins.

"It's nothing to worry about... Papa's probably just tired." She tried to reason out.

"I think Papa doesn't want the camping suggestion." Kim frowned.

"No... That's not it. You'll see. Tomorrow, Papa will be okay again." She assured them although she herself wasn't sure about it. "Finish your food so you can take a quick bath and sleep."

"Aren't we going to say goodnight to Papa?" Kim asked.

"You can... after you wash up. Go ahead. Finish your food." She instructed and helped the twins in feeding themselves.

After changing to their sleeping clothes, Dara accompanied Kim and Tim in saying good night to Jiyong.

She stayed outside the room, not wanting to provoke Jiyong's anger again.

'I should have told him earlier... But I didn't have the chance to do that... I was supposed to tell him that once were alone... I need to explain.' She sighed.

"Goodnight Papa." Dara heard the twins told Jiyong before going out of the room.

"What did he say?" She asked.

"He just kissed and hugged us then he said good night." Kim told her.

"Okay... Come on... Let me bring you both to your room."

Dara held the twins on both her hands and let out a sigh.

She put them to bed and read to them a story until they've fallen asleep. She then covered them with their blankets and kissed their forehead before leaving the room.

She passed by Jiyong's room but hesitated whether she should go and talk to him or let his anger pass and just explain to him in the morning.