Chapter 33

Then You Came

"Unnie, are you okay?" Chaerin asked while they were watching a show.

Dara forced a smile but didn't answer.

The show they're watching was about Kiko Mizuhara's biography and a picture of her and a younger Jiyong was shown. His arm was on her shoulders and he was kissing her cheek while she was smiling brightly.

Chaerin immediately changed the channel after the picture appeared. "I'm sorry Unnie. I didn't know she'll include her history with Oppa in his biography... I thought it's just about how she got into modelling."

"It's okay Chae... It's not like you were the one who filmed that biography... And Kiko's part of Jiyong's life... It's something we can't take away or erase."

"How can you be so cool about it?"

"I've been with your Oppa during that time when Kiko came back and he didn't know how to handle himself... We've talked about it. I know he hasn't fully moved on from Kiko yet... But I trust him. It's something I'm holding on to in our relationship."

Chaerin touched her arm. "Thank you for changing Oppa's perspective in life and for loving him dearly."

"I love him so much Chae." She touched Chaerin's hand that's on her arm and smiled. "And I also have learned to embrace everything that's connected to him."

"Including us?"

"Of course. I care for all of you... And I would like to thank you for accepting me."

Chaerin hugged her. "For me, your better than Kiko Unnie... There's a big difference between how Oppa was when he was in that relationship with her and how Oppa is when he's with you..." She pulled from the hug and continued, "and I'm not saying this just because you're Oppa's present partner. I really like you for Oppa, Unnie."

"You're making me emotional right now." Dara said, tears welling in her eyes.

Chaerin chuckled. "I'm sorry Unnie." She said and wiped Dara's tear that trickled down her cheek. "Best remedy for this is ice cream... I've asked them to always keep at least 3 different flavors. Want to see what flavors we have today?"

Dara smiled. "Brilliant idea."

"Tim and Kim can have some too after their afternoon nap."

"They won't decline that offer... They're addicted to ice cream."

"Let's just make sure we leave some for Seungri coz he'll go ballistic if he comes home without it." Chaerin chuckled. "It's his stress reliever."

"I'll remember that." Dara replied before they headed to the dining area.

************

"You sure we have to include that in the footage?"

"Kiko, Jiyong is an influential person. It will help you step up a little higher than the others if we let people know about your past with him."

"But you know I'm not in speaking terms with him, right? You know our story, Jane."

"Then the more we should include it there... Media will go crazy with that bomb. They'll try to interview Jiyong about it to get his opinion. Then you'll know your real score with him... You might even get the chance to talk to him."

Kiko tapped her forefinger on the table.

"Think about it, Kiko... You're not getting any offers lately. You won't even get the project for Season 2 of your current show. There are a lot of newcomers in the modelling industry. Younger... some even prettier. You need to step up your game."

"Fine... If you say it will help, I trust you."

"How about Taecyeon?"

"It must be the reason why I won't get Season 2 anymore."

"Why?"

"Hearsay about him isn't just hearsay... He'll dump anyone he's no longer interested with. It's true that when you're in a relationship with him, it's really just gonna be you... But when he finds someone new, he'll end what you both have and move on to the next."

"Have you moved on already?"

"From Taecyeon?"

"Yes... Of course the question is if you've totally moved on from Taecyeon. Who else?" Jane stopped and looked at Kiko. "Not unless you still have lingering feelings for Jiyong... THE JIYONG KWON."

"What are you talking about?" Kiko tried to move away from Jane's stare.

"You can't look at me straight to my eyes... That means I have triggered something... Tell me. Do you still want him? I mean, Jiyong."

"It's not that I still have feelings for him... It's just because I feel bad ending our relationship that way."

"What's more important? Career or Love?"

"My career... No question about that."

"You've already given up a lot for this state you're in, Kiko... Stay focused."

"I know."

"Use Jiyong to your advantage... You love the attention, then work for it."

"When is the biography coming out?"

"2 weeks from now."

"Do I get to watch it before it's aired."

"We can request for that."

"Please... I want to see it first."

"Okay, I'll contact the producer."

"Thanks Jane."

She smiled. "I'm your manager. It's my job."

"Thanks for always listening."

"I'm your friend... I have no choice." She shrugged.

Kiko smacked her arm and laughed. "Go ahead and do your job." She shoo her away.

***********

"Sir, there are calls I've been receiving from different media networks... They're hoping to get some time for an interview."

"You know my answer to that, May... Tell them I don't have time for more interviews... I've given enough answers about the business. They'll just ask the same questions over and over again." Jiyong told her Secretary while he was busy with the paper on his hand.

"It's actually not about the business, Sir." His secretary said with hesitation.

"Then what is it for?" He raised his head a little annoyed. "May, you know I'm too busy to be bothered right now."

"They were asking about you and Kiko Mizuhara, Sir."

"What?!"

"They said they wanted to hear your comment about her biography."

"What about her biography?"

"It's all over the entertainment news, Sir."

"What's in it?" He asked, nervous that what he's thinking was right.

"That you were in a relationship with her even before she became a famous model... There are old pictures of both of you that were shown."

"Have you watched it?"

"Ah... Yes, Sir."

"And you didn't tell me about it?"

"I thought it's a little personal and not connected to work, Sir."

He placed the paper he was holding on his desk and massaged his temple. "Tell them if they try to call again that I'm busy and there's no way they will be able to talk to me at this time."

"I will."

"Thanks, May. You may leave now."

His secretary bowed to him and left the room. He took his phone from his pocket and called Bom.

************

"I don't know what her purpose is. She didn't have to bring up our past on television."

"Calm down... It probably was her handler's idea."

"Didn't she have any decency to ask my permission if I would want it to be publicized?"

"But it was stated that you were her ex. That means people know it's all in the past now."

He raked his hair. "I don't know... I just don't want Dara to be affected by it."

"I'm sure she'll understand... Just make sure to talk to her once you get home."

It didn't lessen Jiyong's worry.

"Do you want me to talk to Kiko about it?"

"Bom..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you think this is the right time for me to talk to her and clear things up?"

"If you're now ready to talk to her, I think that would be a good idea... At least you'll be able to end it once and for all."

"Will you be able to ask her when she's available?"

"I can set that." She looked at Jiyong and spoke, "but let Dara know you'll see Kiko."

"Should I?"

Bom nodded. "It's important that you establish an open communication with your girlfriend... It will make her feel more secured."

"Thanks Bom... I'll do that." He looked at his cup of coffee and played with the rim of the cup.

"Are you worried?"

"I didn't know how I'll start the conversation about Kiko with Dara... She might misunderstand."

"Jiyong, I'm sure Dara will understand... Of all people, you should know her better."

"I know... I'm just afraid I might hurt her."

"Talk to her... Everything will be fine." She touched his arm and squeezed it.

"I hope so." He replied.

************

Dara felt an arm wrapping around her waist. She was busy with her painting she didn't realize Jiyong coming in.

He kissed his neck and made her turn to face him. "It's already late."

"I was waiting for you." She smiled but noticed something with Jiyong's expression. "You okay?... You look tired... Did something happen in the office?"

He slid one hand on her arm to her hand and took away the paint brush that she was holding and placed it on the table beside her half painted canvass.

"I saw the sky while driving... It would be nice watching it with you in the garden." He told her while intertwining their fingers together and pulling her out of the room.

Though still confused of Jiyong's action, she just followed his lead.

They reached the garden and true enough, the stars and the moon were out and they have attractively blessed the night sky.

Jiyong sat first and he patted the seat beside him. It was a cushioned bench in the middle of the garden surrounded by lovely flowers.

"Is there anything wrong?" She asked worriedly.

He chuckled and looked at his feet that he was tapping continuously. "Is it that obvious?"

"Even if your tired from work, you still manage to greet me with a smile." She said, holding his hand that's on the bench. "But when you came, your eyes looked worried or something."

He moved his thumb in a circular motion on the back of her hand. "It's about Kiko." He told her without giving her a glance.

"About her biography?" Dara asked.

Jiyong looked at her, shocked. "You know?"

"Chaerin and I saw a portion of it the other day... It showed old pictures of her with you... but Chae changed the channel after the pictures appeared."

"And you didn't talk to me about it?"

"Why? What's there to talk about?" Dara shrugged.

"I was worried you'll misunderstand... It shouldn't have been released to public."

"Jiyong, both of you are public figures... It's just normal for people to know about it."

"But she shouldn't have dug deeper to that extent... That's our past she should have just kept among us."

"She probably have her reasons Jiyong."

He took a deep breath and sighed. "I was worried for no reason."

Dara chuckled. "Ji, I understand... Your past with her is no secret to me... Remember, it even is the reason why we became this close, right?"

"How did I deserve to have an understanding girlfriend like you?" He smiled a little while he touched the tip of her nose.

She crinkled her nose and smiled back. "I'm actually someone sent from up there to lighten your every day."

"And I thank them, up there," he pointed the sky, "that they've blessed me with you."

"Who said you were the only one that's blessed... You came as a blessing, too." She grinned.

"I still have one more thing I would like to tell you." Jiyong said, hesitating if he would tell her his plan.

"What is it?" She waited for what he was about to say.

"I want to talk to Kiko, Dara." He pressed her hand, nervous of what her reaction would be.

"In person?" She looked a little taken aback by what he said.

He nodded. "I want to clear things up with her... And I want to tell her about you... If it's just me, I'm used to the publicity, that's no problem... But I know you're not used to it and would never want to get people's attention drawn to you... So I'll ask her to stop whatever it is she's planning. I have this feeling there's still something that's gonna follow that biography documentation she agreed to air on television... I just want us to have a quiet life together with the twins." He caressed her cheek after tucking her loose hair behind her ear.

She didn't reply.

"If you don't want me to talk to her, I won't... That's why..."

She didn't let him finish. "It's okay, Jiyong... Do whatever you think would be right... It's fine with me."

"You sure?"

She smiled her sweetest smile. "I'm overwhelmed by the caring you're giving me, Ji... Thank you for always making me feel special and loved."

"You're everything to me, Love... I think I'll go crazy if I lose you... I love you, Dara."

"And I love you more than you'll ever know."

"I'm nervous on how my conversation with Kiko would be... I think I need to have you there with me."

"Ji, you need to have that time with her... Just the two of you... so you could talk about what needs to be discussed. If I'm there, both of you might be hesitant to talk about those things that needed closure."

"You trust me that much?"

"What keeps relationship from falling apart is trust... And I know I can trust you."

"Thank you."

Dara gave him a quick kiss on his lips and smiled. "I love you... I love you so much."

"And I love you, too... I love you Sandara Park." He trailed the shape of her lips with his thumb and slowly, he closed their gap with another kiss.