Chapter 53

Then You Came

"Try checking the footage along the ladies' room." Jiyong commanded a man in uniform, seated in front of multiple monitors.

They've already searched around and didn't find Dara anywhere. Youngbae suggested for them to check on the CCTV footage of the entire place to see where she is that's why the four of them ended up being in the security room of the building.

They were given authority with Jiyong's connection.

"Sir, have you tried contacting her to confirm where she is?" The security person asked while rewinding the CCTV tape.

"Let me ask you something... Do you think we'll be here if finding her would be as easy as giving her a call?" He sounded annoyed, not to mentioned dying of worry at the same time.

Youngbae held his arm and shook his head after Jiyong turned his attention to him. "Keep your cool, bro."

He raked his hair with his fingers and walked back and forth in front of the multiple CCTV monitors. "How can I calm down, Youngbae? We've been looking for her for hours... What if she's not okay?"

"Let's cross our fingers nothing bad happened to her." Youngbae replied.

"Sir, can you rewind this part?" Both Youngbae and Jiyong heard Daesung which made them turned their attention back to the monitors.

"Dae, that's Unnie." Minzy reacted. Her gaze stuck to the monitor.

"You're right... We can't be wrong... That's really her." Daesung told his sister.

"Sir, can you zoom the video in?" Youngbae asked and the uniformed man nodded. "You know this guy with her?" He asked Jiyong that only showed his crinkled forehead.

He was trying to remember where he saw that man who's arm was around Dara's shoulders.

He took his phone out of his pocket and called his private investigator's number. Few minutes later, he received a document through his email and he immediately checked on it.

"F#@k!! F$#k!!" He reacted after seeing it.

"What is it?" Youngbae asked.

Instead of answering, he showed a picture to him.

"Who's he, Oppa?" Minzy, confused.

"He's the partner of Kim and Tim's real Mom... I knew it... We should have not stayed too relaxed." Jiyong gritted his teeth and hit the table with his fist.

"Should we call the police?" Daesung said, looking worried for his Noona.

"God... Please bring Unnie to safety." Minzy clasped her hands together on her chest.

"I'll call the police." Youngbae offered.

*************

"Guys... What's happening?" Bom and SeungHyun rushed into the living room of the mansion.

Everyone were gathered together in the mansion including Chaerin, Seungri and their parents.

Youngbae stopped them before they can even get near Jiyong. "We're thinking that Dara got kidnapped by a person connected to the twin's real mother." He said in a low voice.

"What did the police say?... How did you know?" Bom probed, hand covering that dropped open because of shock.

"We got separated earlier in the event hall... We were waiting for Minzy and Dara outside the building. We were outside the building when Minzy came back alone. We've checked on the CCTV footage and saw Dara walking around the area with a guy... Guy happened to be the partner of the twins' Mom."

"Any call or message you received from these people?" SeungHyun asked.

Youngbae shook his head.

"How's Jiyong?"

"Worried as hell... He's been standing there, looking out the window while holding his phone, waiting for a possible phone call from the kidnappers."

"Everyone, have something to drink to ease the tension." Chaerin spoke after walking in the living room followed by housemaids who have trays on their hands.

She walked towards Jiyong and handed him a glass of iced tea.

"Thank you." He told her.

"Still no message from them? No phone call?"

He shook his head.

...silence...

"What if they're hurting Dara now? God, I won't forgive myself... I feel useless just standing here and not able to do anything." He spoke after the silence.

Chaerin held his shoulder. "We all are worried about Unnie, Oppa... Best thing we can do right now is pray she'll be okay."

"Dara..." He called, staring at nowhere.

Their conversation got interrupted by the ring of his phone.

"Dara?" He looked very surprise.

"Answer it, Oppa... The police is on standby in tracking their location."

Everyone in the living room was all ears.

"Dara?" He answered. "Where are you Love... Are you okay?" His voice was shaking with worry.

He heard an evil laugh on the other end instead of Dara's voice.

"What do you want? We know who you are." Jiyong threatened.

"Oooh!! Sounds scary." The man snickered.

"You f@#king bastard!! Don't you dare put a finger on her or else I'll kill you myself."

"I'm not planning to touch her... Wasn't my plan in the first place." The man chortled. "But after seeing her, I guess I'm changing my mind... She's one fine girl, huh?"

"Don't you dare touch her!!! F#@k!!"

He heard a girl whimper. "Dara?... Dara, Love... Put her on the phone... Let me talk to her."

"Speak." He heard the man say on the other line.

...No response...

"Your boyfriend's on the other line, Darling... Speak or else I'll cut your tongue."

"Ji..." Her voice was trembling.

"Dara?... Oh, God... Are you okay?"

"Ji... Don't let them make you do what they want... I'm..." her sentence was interrupted.

Jiyong heard a slapping sound. "Dara.... Dara...."

"Do as I say if you still would like to see your girl alive."

"What do you want?" He gritted his teeth, jaws tightened.

"I need you to bring me 1 Billion Won (871,850 USD) tomorrow... no police involved or she won't go back alive."

"I swear I'll not let this pass if you hurt her, you bastard!!"

The man smirked and chuckled. "You speak too much, Jiyong Kwon."

"When and where?"

"Not too fast... I also need you to bring the twins with you."

"F@#K You!! Stop playing your game because I'm someone you don't want to mess up with."

"You think I'm scared?... Do as I say... The money and the twins... My demand versus your girl... Choose." She heard Dara's voice before the line got disconnected.

"!!! Dara!!!! Dara!!!!" He called out though there's no longer anyone on the other line.

"Oppa... What happened? Unnie?" Minzy stood up from her seat, looking anxious.

"Sir?" The police interrupted.

"They're asking for money."

"If it's just money they need, let's just give it to them." Mrs. Lee mentioned.

"We can't just give in to their request Ma'am... We need to be extra careful in saying yes to their request."

There's one more thing they're asking."

"What is it?" Chaerin asked.

"They want to have the twins, too."

No one responded.

"He threatened to hurt Dara if we get your department involved, Sir." Jiyong spoke, attention turned to the head of the police who's helping them out.

"We've had them tracked Mr. Kwon... We'll have their location figured out in no time... Once we have their location, we will have our men charge and bring Ms. Park back."

"Will it be safe to do that?"

"We'll make sure to take her from them safely."

"He's asking me to bring the money tomorrow."

"We'll use that opportunity to attack... It's already late... I think you can all take a rest. My men will keep the surrounding area protected together with the security you've already placed around this mansion... I'll let you know about our lead on their location once we have one."

"Thank you Inspector Jang. I'll just be in the office, waiting."

The officer nodded.

"Guys, I've had the rooms fixed upstairs... You can all rest while we wait for the result of the investigation." Jiyong stated.

**************

Jiyong was busy browsing his photo gallery, looking at his pictures with the kids and Dara when someone knocked on his door.

"Come in." He said.

The police officer whom he was talking to stepped inside the room.

It was already 4minute to 2AM and everyone has already gone to their respective rooms to take some rest. Jiyong stayed up to wait for news about Dara.

"We've found them... There are already people from our department who's surveying the area."

"Shouldn't we attack now?" Jiyong stood from his seat.

"It's still not time, Sir... We would need to make sure we've properly studied the area first before making our move."

"I need to be there, Inspector... Allow me to join your group."

"It's gonna be dangerous, Mr. Kwon... We can't let you join the mission."

Before Jiyong could reply, his phone rang again.

"Is it them?"

He nodded and took the call.

"How's everything doing, Kwon?"

"We've prepared the money... Let me bring it to you."

"You're really that rich to gather the money I need, huh?"

"Release Dara... I'll do as you say."

"Na ah... We have 2 conditions, remember?"

"Fine... Write a contract that I'll give up the twins to your girlfriend and I'll sign it... but I won't bring them there... not when they'll be surrounded with your weapons... You'll scare them."

"Not bad... I'll send you the address... Remember, no police... she dies if you don't follow."

"I know... Where is she?"

"Resting... You don't want to disturb her goodnight sleep, do you?" He said menacingly.

"You retard..." Jiyong said beneath his clenched teeth.

The man laughed. "Why so angry early in the morning, Kwon?... We're taking care of your princess. Don't worry." He said and hung up.

A few minutes after, he sent an address where the money should be brought.

Jiyong showed it to the Inspector and was advised it's the same address that his men are currently surveying.

"It will be easier for us to infiltrate the area if I pretend to give them the money." Jiyong tried to persuade the Inspector. "I beg you, Inspector. I can't just sit here waiting."

The Inspector carefully thought of it. "Let me call my men first." He spoke after a few minutes of silence.

He walked and stopped a few inches away to talk on the phone with someone.

After a detailed conversation, he went back to where Jiyong was and told him the good news.

"We're ready to attack, Mr. Kwon."

"And..."

"You're in... A surveillance camera will be attached to you, allowing us to study the inside area before attacking... Got to discuss this with my team outside."

"Sure... Thank you, Inspector."

"I know this is important for you... We just need to ensure your safety... We're also going to leave few of my men here to look after everyone else."

"It will lessen my worry... Thank you."

*************

"Ji, what's happening?" SeungHyun asked after seeing Jiyong going back and forth from his room to the police's quarter set outside the mansion.

"Is there any good news?" Youngbae followed with another question.

"They've found the location... And that bastard also have provided the meeting place." Jiyong replied.

"What's gonna happen next?" SeungHyun was curious.

"They'll raid the area... with me."

"What?! You can't be serious with that." Youngbae reacted.

"I can't just sit here and wait while Dara's life is in danger... I'll hand the money to them while a surveillance camera is attached to me... That way, the police would know how they can attack the kidnappers."

"Should we come with you?" SeungHyun asked.

Jiyong shook his head. "I need you to stay right here... Take care of everyone else... Especially the kids... They might question why their Mama's not here... They might look for me as well."

"You sure with this, man?" Youngbae touched his arm.

"Can't be more sure, Bae... It's Dara's life we're talking about."

"You take care, Jiyong." SeungHyun said.

"The police will be there to keep me safe... We will take Dara from them."

"Sir, Inspector Jang's looking for you." A uniformed man spoke from the front door.

"I'll follow." Jiyong responded then turned his attention back to his two close friends. "Got to go.... Let's hope everything goes well."

"Come back in one piece with Dara, okay?" SeungHyun told him.

"I will." He chuckled then left the house.

************

"You think you'll get away from this?... Think again." Dara smirked, her lips stained with blood from the slap she received last night from the man who kidnapped her.

The man pulled her hair causing her head to be pulled back.

She winced in pain but immediately went back to her strong facade.

"Stop annoying me or else..."

"Or else what?" She chuckled. "You bad guys are full of yourselves... but can't do better than giving everyone a scare... You kill people, then what?... It only leaves more scar and blood stain for no purpose at all."

"Brave, huh?... I told you I don't want to be annoyed." His eyes turned to slit.

He walked towards a table and grabbed a knife before crouching down where Dara was seated, body tied on a chair. "You called me a bad guy?" He chuckled. "I am actually a bad guy." He place the knife on her shoulder and started to press it into her skin slowly.

Dara's skin was scratched by the knife, causing blood to trickle down her arm. It was stabbing a little deeper to her skin, she started gritting her teeth to avoid a sound to come out from .

"Oops!! I think your sweetheart would be in so much rage if he knew I've done this to you." He said with his evil smile.

1/4 of the knife was dug deep into Dara's shoulder. A tear escaped her eye.

"Ack!!" Dara felt more pain when the man pulled the knife abruptly from her shoulder.

She grimaced in pain.

"Talk more and that's not the only thing you'll get."

"Jong Ho, what are you doing?" A lady arrived. She looked at Dara and saw her bleeding shoulder. "God, why do this?" She immediately got a handkerchief from her hand bag and pressed it on Dara's wound.

"She talks too much." The man lit a cigarette and blew some smoke.

"We had an agreement you'll only use her to scare Jiyong so he'll be forced to give you what you want."

"No one tells me what I need to do... Why are you here? I told you to wait 'til we get the money, right?"

"I wanted to see what you're up to."

He chuckled. "That Kwon's already on his way to bring the money... and I have a letter that he's gonna sign... You can present it to court to have the twins back."

"You said you've asked him to bring the twins here."

"That Kwon proposed not to bring the kids here... He said they might be scared... He has a point... But I liked it when he said he'll sign a paper that would give you full custody of the kids... I'm pretty smart. It would work so I agreed." He laughed crazily. 

Dara stayed silent, feeling blood still coming out from her wound. She's slowly losing her energy.