Chapter 43

Then You Came


It's been two weeks since Dara and Jiyong's last conversation.

She still haven't talked to him and the latter's unable to go to Japan to clear things out between them due to an unexpected event.

************

"Have you contacted the private investigator?" Jiyong asked her secretary.

"We still haven't gotten any elaborate details about her, Sir."

"Why is it taking so long?" He raked his hair with his fingers.

"They're currently searching for information within the area where your brother stayed."

With elbows on his table and palm on his forehead, he closed his eyes.

"Everything will be alright, Sir." May tried to make her boss feel better.

"I'm going insane, May. I have my problem with Dara... and I can't fix it because another problem came. I can't just leave with fear that I might lose the twins."

"You sure you don't want to let your cousins know about this?"

"Seungri's being pressured by Uncle about handling their business... Chaerin's busy with the event she's taking part into."

"How about your bestfriend, Sir?"

He took a deep breath. "I don't know, May... I wanted to handle this as private as possible... But now, I'm not sure if I can really handle this alone... I'm juggling a lot of problems in my hands right now."

"Is there anything else I can help you out with aside from the private investigator?"

"Call the security agency that's taking care of the kids... Let them know I want them to double the security that the kids are getting."

"Sir, do you really have to put them under strict security?"

"I have to... I'm not sure what's going into that woman's mind. She wrote that letter and said she'll do everything to have the kids back. I won't give them up. The kids do not have a future with her."

May nodded. "I'll contact the agency and tell them your request... Is there anything else, Sir?"

"That's all for now... Thank you, May."

"I'll get going."

"Okay."

His secretary left the room and he was left still thinking of all the worries that's bothering his mind.

He grabbed his phone and dialled Dara's number. Everyday, he would call her many times but she wouldn't answer the phone. That day's no difference.

"When will you talk to me again, Dara? I need you now... I need you here... I don't know what to do anymore." He leaned the swivel chair backwards and rested his back on it. He stared at the ceiling and image of the kids and Dara flashed in his head.

************

"Oppa, I've noticed a lot of men around the house." Chaerin entered his work room without knocking.

Seungri followed inside and sat beside his sister on a couch adjacent to their cousin's work table. "What's wrong, hyung?"

"Nothing."

"I don't buy that."

"Me, too." Chaerin agreed.

"Noona?"

"It's part of it."

"I don't understand why you keep yourself busy here when you can fly to Japan and talk to Noona... What's more important than her? If your worrying about the twins, Seungri and I can take care of them."

Jiyong looked at the older twins and back to the papers he's reading then looked at the older twins again.

"You're hiding something from us, hyung."

"Tell us your problem, Oppa."

He took a deep breath before deciding to hand them the paper he was reading.

"What is it?" Seungri asked.

"Read it." Jiyong told him.

"Who's this, Oppa?"

"The reason why I can't leave for Japan."

"Huh?" Both Chaerin and Seungri crinkled their foreheads.

"She's the twins' mother."

"What?!" Seungri reacted.

"And?..." Chaerin wanted more details.

"I received a letter from her less than two weeks ago... She wanted to get full custody of the twins."

"After so many years?" Chaerin, speaking to herself.

"Why didn't you tell us, hyung?"

"Only to leave you more things to think about?... I don't want to bother you with all the problems I have."

"Oppa, we're a family."

"I know... But I don't want to be selfish. Both of you have a life of your own."

"Hyung..."

"Everything will be okay, Seungri... Both of you shouldn't be worried about that. I can handle this." He said although deep inside, he's already going nuts.

"Stop lying, Hyung... Your relationship with Noona's not going well... and now this. Whoever experiences these won't be okay, for sure."

"Tell us,Oppa. How can we be of help?"

Jiyong tried to keep his composure. He didn't want to break down in front of his cousins. He stood up and headed to his mini bar.

Chaerin also stood up and followed him. "Oppa." She pulled his hand that's holding a bottle of whisky.

"I wanted to clear my head with all these, Chae." He looked at her.

"I bet you haven't taken your dinner yet." She pouted.

He chuckled but trace of sadness was there. "You sound like your Noona."

Chaerin looked at his brother, asking for help.

"You let him." He mouthed.

"No!" She did the same.

Jiyong placed the empty glass down and sat on the window sill, looking outside.

"Who's hungry?" Chaerin asked.

She glared at his brother.

"I'm hungry." Seungri raised his hand, understanding what his sister meant.

"And I bet the kids would love chicken and pizza... Should I order?" She took her phone, getting ready to dial the number. "Oppa, what would you like to eat."

He forced a smile. "Chicken and pizza sounds nice."

"Great choice." She gave him a thumbs up and started ordering over the phone.

************

"Hey, rat." Chae elbowed his brother who's slouched on the couch beside her while his head was rested on her arm.

"What?" He looked up to see her.

"I think we should let Unnie know what Oppa's going through."

"Do you think it will help?" He slid his head and rested his head on her lap.

"I don't know... What if it does?" She pondered, as of talking to herself out loud.

"What if she rejects our calls just like what she's doing to Hyung?"

"Why would she do that?"

"Ask yourself, Cat. Women are all the same when it comes to being emotional... Put yourself into Noona's shoes. Let's say she got hurt about something to the extent that she wanted to push away that person she truly love... What would make her feel better?"

She tapped her fingers on his forehead. "That's a hard question... I think it would need to be talking about what has caused the pain... see if it still can be healed."

"If that's the case, talking over the phone would be useless."

"What are you suggesting?"

"Hyung won't be able to fly to Japan to talk to her since he has to take care of the twins' mother first... Why not either you or I go there and talk to her personally?"

"Possibly a good idea."

"We can't go there both. Hyung needs to have someone near him at this time since Noona's not here to comfort him."

"Should I stay?"

"Will you be able to handle Hyung?"

"I think I can."

"Then I'll go see Noona."

"Why does Oppa need to go through this hard time again? He's already been through a lot."

"He's a strong person... He can overcome this."

"How can you be this mature all of a sudden, rat?" She pinched his cheeks.

He smiled proudly. "I just realized we're not getting any younger and being childish doesn't suit me anymore."

"Aaww... I feel like I'm gonna be really sad once you get married. Our bully-time will be lessened."

"I won't let that happen... I think I won't stand a day without bullying you." He laughed.

"Yah, right." She flickered his forehead.

"Yah!" He sat up and massaged the part that she flickered.

She grinned at him. "I love you twin brother."

He pouted and smiled afterwards.

They laughed together.

"Let's go to your room and fix your things for your short trip to Japan."

"You'll prepare my things for me?"

Chaerin nodded.

"Nice." He reacted.

She pulled him by his hair. "Come on now before I change my mind."

"Aahh... Aahh... Stop pulling my hair." He flinched, spanking his sister's hand.

Chaerin didn't let go.

He kicked her in annoyance.

"Yah! That hurts." Chaerin released her grip on his hair and faced her brother.

"You're the one who started... I love you my dear sister." He grinned at her and ran up the stairs towards his room.

"Yah, rat! Come back here." Chaerin screamed while chasing her brother.

************

"I don't want this to hit media... The kids will be confused."

"I can't promise that if you continue resisting my requests, Mr. Kwon."

"The kids are living a quiet life, Ms. Wang."

"Why not call me Noona? I have been your brother's partner anyway."

He chuckled inwardly. "You think that's appropriate?... I'm even disgusted to see you... If not for the kids, I'll let my lawyer handle this."

She laughed. "I'm afraid you have to let go of that attachment you have with my kids. I'm taking them back."

"Can you hear what you're saying?... The kids don't even know you... and here you are acting like you're the best mother in the world." He smirked.

"Whether you like it or not, I'm getting them back."

"They've never been yours. Have you forgotten? You've abandoned them and left my brother alone. He took care of them until his last breath." His jaws tightened.

"Your brother wasn't a good provider."

His fist hit the table. He was raging with too much anger. "I've been told stories of how my brother worked hard just to provide for all your needs. He took care of you even before you gave birth. Now, don't give me that bull that my brother wasn't a good provider because that's not the truth!" His face was all red.

She chuckled. "You're way different from him... He was calmer than you are... He doesn't yell at me. That I can say... But I won't take back what I said."

"There's no use talking to you, Ms. Wang. I'll fight for the kids. You can't take them away from me."

She smiled. "Go ahead... I'm their real mother. Court will be in my favor."

"I'm warning you, Ji Hye Wang... Stay away from the kids."

"Make me." She challenged. "Let's see who'll win."

Jiyong hit the table one more time and walked away.

The woman remained seated while her lips formed a sardonic smile.