Chapter 54

Then You Came

"Put this micro wireless earphone on. They won't notice you have this. One of the bottons on your shirt is the camera. We'll give you instructions once you got in." The Inspector told Jiyong.

He nodded.

"You okay with this?"

"My girlfriend's inside, Inspector. I have to get her out of there."

"Be careful."

"I will... Thank you."

The Inspector handed him the case filled with the money Jiyong has set up in exchange to Dara's freedom.

After everything has been set, Jiyong walked towards the meeting place where he was told he'll be fetched by the kidnapper's men.

In a few minutes, Jiyong was already heading inside the rest-house together with three other men. One was holding the case while the other two was holding him side by side.

"Pleasure to see you in person, Mr. Kwon... The known bachelor." The man spoke.

"Jong Ho Song... You think I don't know you?" Jiyong tried to escape from the grip of both men who were holding him by the arm.

Jong Ho snapped his fingers while grinning. "Let me give you the chance to see what you came for." He chuckled.

The light one side of the room that's darker than where they were. That's when Jiyong got a glimpse of Dara, trapped by the rope that's tightly hugging her body, tied on the chair where she's seated.

"Dara..." He called.

"Let him come near her." Jong Ho instructed his men to release him.

Jiyong rushed towards Dara and knelt in front of her. "You okay?... Did they hurt you?" He asked, cupping her face with both his hands.

"Jiyong?" Dara raised her head and forced a smile, though feeling weak.

He immediately noticed the blood stain on her lips and some bruise on her cheeks. Because of this, he inspected other parts of her body and saw fresh blood on her shoulder.

It made him stand up and charge Jong Ho. But the head of the gang's men were quicker that him. They were able to stop him before he can even get near their boss.

"You said you won't hurt her... YOU F#@KING BASTARD!!" Jiyong was fuming with anger. He's ready to hurt the man in front of him anytime.

"Jiyong, you have to calm yourself... You're there to bring Dara out safely. It won't help if you let your emotion take over." He heard from his earpiece.

With clenched teeth, he turned his hand into fist and tried to calm himself. "Let us leave now... You've got what you need."

"Not too soon, Kwon. You're forgetting something." Jong Ho shook his head. "Ji Hye, give me the papers."

The twins' mother came out of another room with papers on her hand.

"Is this the life you would like to give the twins?" Jiyong looked disgusted.

She didn't speak nor look at Jiyong's direction. Instead, she walked towards her partner and handed the papers to him.

"Sign the papers, Kwon." Jong Ho spoke.

"Buy some time... Make us see the surrounding area." The voice from the earpiece spoken.

"Don't do this, Ji... Don't let them have Kim and Tim. You can't bring the twins to this kind of world." Dara said, voice was weak.

"Let me review this and talk to Dara first."

"You can't..." Ji Hye was interrupted when Jong Ho raised his hand to stop her.

"5 minutes." Jong Ho said.

Jiyong forcefully released himself from the grip of the two men who's holding him and slowly turned around to let the camera see the surrounding area without being noticed. He then crouched down in front of Dara and caressed her face with his thumb.

"Everything's gonna be alright, Dara... You don't need to worry. I'll get you out of here." He whispered.

"Please, Ji... Don't let them have the kids. They won't survive in this environment." She tried to argue while continuously shaking her head.

Jiyong kissed his forehead then his lips went down to her ear. "This is all planned." He whispered and kissed her temple after.

"You're wasting my precious time, Kwon. Sign it or I'll throw you out of here?" Jong Ho sounded irritated.

Before standing up, Jiyong placed his lips near her ear again. "Trust me." He whispered to her one more time before giving her a quick kiss on her lips.

"I'm signing it." He said after facing the kidnappers.

Jong Ho clapped and smiled. "Good, Kwon... Sign it now." He handed a pen to him.

"We're charging the area."

Jiyong gave Jung Ho and Ji Hye a piercing look before letting the pen touch the paper he has to sign.

"Sign it!" Ji Hye sounded in a hurry.

"At the count of three, the door will be forced open." He was advised.

"Bull!! Sign it now, Kwon... You're making me lose my patience here." Jong Ho reacted.

Before anyone can say more, a loud bang on the door was heard causing everyone to look at its direction.

"Son of a !!... Boss... Police are here." One of the men spoke, pointing his gun towards their adversary.

The other men did the same.

"Drop your guns." The head of the police commanded.

Ji Hye and Jong Ho hid to one of the tables near where they were standing and the latter took his gun from behind.

Jiyong rushed to Dara and quickly released her from being tied by using the swiss knife that's disguised as a pendant on his neck.

"It's alright... We'll get out of here soon." Jiyong told Dara. "Stay behind me."

"The hell with you, Kwon... We had an agreement!" Jong Ho screamed.

Exchange of bullets started to be heard from the rest-house.

Jiyong and Dara ran towards safety by going to the police's direction, the former keeping the latter safe from the bullets that were being fired to them.

"I told you, Jong Ho... You shouldn't mess up with me!" Jiyong yelled back.

Jong Ho chuckled evilly. "You think you can escape this place alive?"

"If there's someone who's life will end tonight... that's gonna be YOURS." Jiyong stressed.

"If I die, I'll make sure to bring all of you with me!" He peeped from where he was hiding and started firing his gun.

"Jung Ho, we have the money with us... Let's escape from here and never come back." Ji Hye whispered.

"Shut up! You think we can go out without being caught?... We have to fight back."

"I told you this isn't a good idea." She covered her ears with her hands.

"Shut up or I'll shoot you myself." He replied while under pressure.

************

"Dara, are you alright?... Does your shoulder hurt?" Jiyong asked, squatted behind a turned down table while caressing her cheeks who's also squatted beside him.

"I'm okay." She replied weakly.

"Stay right here... We need to catch Jung Ho and make him pay for this."

Dara held his arm and shook her head. "Please... Just stay here, Ji... I don't want anything to happen to you. Let the police do what they've been trained to do."

"Dara?"

"Please." She hugged him tightly and didn't let go. "I'm scared, Ji."

He rubbed her back and held her closer. "Okay... Okay... I'll stay beside you... We'll get out of this place."

Few minutes after, a police ran towards their direction and gestured to ran to where he's from when instructed. After the count of three, Jiyong and Dara got near the exit door and was about to escape out when Jung Ho stood up.

"Kwon!" He called which made Jiyong look behind where a bullet was already heading their direction.

Dara saw what's coming, she immediately shielded Jiyong with her own body, causing two simultaneous bullets to hit her back.

Jiyong quickly caught her in his arms and turned to cover her up making him receive the next bullet that pierced his body.

Jung Ho on the other hand was given multiple gun shots by the police team in response to the action he has taken. Quickly, his body was filled with bullet shots that caused him to fall on the ground, lifeless.

Ji Hye saw the horror in front of her, she wasn't able to take it. She screamed real hard, saw the gun that escaped her partner's hand, took it and shoot directly on her temple.

Her lifeless body also fell to the ground beside Jung Ho.

As Jung Ho's men saw what happened to their boss, they all together raised their hands and started to surrender.

*************

"Aunt Chaerin, where's Mama and Papa?" Kim asked while they were in the playroom.

Chaerin was choosing a movie to watch.

Bom who was looking outside the gate, waiting for a police car to stop in front of it, heard Kim's question. She sat on the couch and asked Kim to come near her.

The little kid obliged and touched her cheek. "Is there something wrong, Aunt Bom?" She asked.

Minzy raised her head after instructing Tim about the next color he'll be using for the drawing he's making. Tim's head followed her gaze which lead to Bom.

"Mama and Papa went out to meet someone... Aunt Chaerin and I, and even Minzy Unnie's waiting for them to come back."

"I think we need to make Mama and Papa's favorite." Tim suggested.

"What is it?" Chaerin tried to sound enthusiastic though worry was still sipping in.

"They love cookies... And Mama taught us how to make one." Tim looked excited while saying it.

"Yes, Aunt Bom... Mama taught us how to make delicious oatmeal cookies. Can we make some while we're waiting for them?" Kim pressed Bom's cheeks.

"We'll teach you how, Unnie... Kim and I are already experts in doing that. You just need to guide us in slicing and turning on the oven." Tim was all smile while looking at Minzy.

Minzy gave Chaerin a questioning look who also gave the same glance at the oldest person in the room.

"Not a bad idea." Bom smiled and pinched Kim's nose.

"Shall we go down and see what ingredients we can use in the kitchen?" Chaerin asked.

"Yeah!!! We're baking again." The twins stood up and jumped together in excitement.

The three girls let the twins walk forward while the three of them watched them from behind.

"I hope Jiyong and Dara are both okay." Bom spoke while they were on their way to the stairs.

"Let's continue to pray for their safety... God is good. He allowed them to be together again... I'm sure He has His plans." Minzy commented.

"Let's hope for their safety." Worry didn't leave Chaerin.

************

"What are you guys doing?" SeungHyun asked after reaching the kitchen, giving her girlfriend a kiss on her cheek.

He was with Youngbae, Seungri and Daesung and they just came in from the police quarters near the parking space of the mansion.

"Look, Uncle... We've baked oatmeal cookies." Kim said proudly.

"That looks delicious, baby." Seungri complimented their work while ruffling her hair.

Chaerin and Minzy moved at the side of the kitchen to talk to Daesung and Youngbae while they let Bom, SeungHyun and Seungri distract the kids.

"Is there any news about the mission?" Chaerin asked, keeping her voice in modulation.

"They said Jiyong's already inside and he's already seen Dara." Youngbae said.

"So?..." Minzy anticipated for more but immediately got disappointed.

"Nothing more than that... They're still waiting for more information." Daesung replied.

"Why do I feel so nervous?" Chaerin whispered.

Youngbae tapped her shoulder and squeezed it.

"Aunt, I got Mama and Papa's favorite cup... They love eating cookies with tea." Kim spoke aloud while holding two huge mugs with Tim and Kim's doodle on it.

"Let's make some tea for them if they're already here." Tim told her sister.

"Kim, let me help you with the mug... We don't want to break Mama and Papa's fav...." Bom was about to hold both the mugs but they were too big for Kim's hand to grip, both slipped on her hands and reached the ground before Bom can even catch it.

The two mugs which has both Jiyong and Dara's name on it broke into pieces.

"Oh, God!" Bom exclaimed and looked at everyone else.

"Bad omen?" Seungri asked.