Chapter 45

Then You Came


"I'm worried about Jiyong Oppa, Seungri... He's almost losing it... He didn't want to tell the kids about what's happening. He's panicking... He didn't want to lose them."

"Where are you now?"

"I just got back home."

"Is Hyung okay now?"

"The kids were already asleep when I got there... Oppa on the other hand was with Kiko Unnie."

"Huh? How come?"

"She rushed to Oppa's office after seeing the news earlier... She drove Oppa's car to make sure he'll get home safely."

"It's still not right."

"We just need to be thankful she was there to assist Oppa... I can feel it. He can't handle this any more. Not when he's alone... He was a little bit pacified after I told her that Unnie's coming back."

"You told him?"

"I did... And it's good that you were able to tell me about it before I rushed there."

"But Noona didn't want me to tell Hyung about it."

"Why?"

"She said she's just coming back to help and not for any other reason."

"But if I didn't tell Oppa about it, he could have continued panicking." Chaerin reasoned out.

"It's okay, Chae... It already happened... I'll just tell Noona."

"Sorry, Rat."

He chuckled. "Not your fault... I didn't tell you about it. I forgot."

"Rat..."

"Yes?"

"I talked to Kiko Unnie while we're on our way home... I let Oppa's driver bring her home first."

"What did you talk about?"

"I asked her what her intentions are... She said she really just wanted to help Oppa."

"And you think she's telling the truth?"

"I think so... She said she's happy that Oppa has Dara Unnie... and she's hoping for them to clear things between them soon... And I felt like she's being genuine about it."

Seungri sighed. "Let's hope she's really telling the truth."

"I think she is."

"Okay... If you say so."

"Going back to the kids... I'll try to divert their attention until you come back with Unnie... Once you're back, I'm hoping Dara Unnie can tell the kids about their real Mom."

"Why does it need to be Noona?"

"Oppa's scared to tell them about their mom... We feel like Dara Unnie can better explain to them why she's back."

"I'll talk to Noona tomorrow. I'll try to see if we can fly back home tomorrow instead of the day after."

"I know you can take care of it from there."

"You have test now, Chae... It's getting late."

"Get some rest, too. See you tomorrow?"

"I hope so."

"Take care... I love you, brother."

"Same here... Go to sleep now."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

************

"Noona, are you done with the exhibit?" Seungri appeared from behind while Dara was preparing to go back to her hotel room.

"Seungri, you startled me." She said while holding her chest.

"Noona, there's an urgent matter that happened back home." Seungri, looking worried.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What is it, Seungri?" She got near him and held his arm.

"Kim and Tim's mother came out on television... She didn't do what Hyung has requested her."

Dara massaged her forehead. "Jiyong?"

It was the first thing that came into her mind.

"Noona, we have to go back today."

She stated at him but didn't reply.

After a few seconds, she took her phone from her pocket and searched for a number.

"Give me a few minutes... I just have to talk to someone."

Seungri nodded as s response.

She walked a little far away from him and started to talk to someone over the phone. When she came back, she was already wearing her knapsack on.

"Let's go." She said.

"We're leaving?"

"I just need to go back to the hotel to get a few things... I've already talked to a friend of mine. I've asked her a favor to take care of the paintings."

"Thank you, Noona."

"How's the kids?" She asked while they were rushing out of the building.

"Still not aware about what's happening... Chae's hoping you can explain to them once you're back."

She stopped walking and didn't move.

"The kids love you, Noona... They would understand better if you tell them."

She took a deep breath but didn't look back. "Then let's go ahead and hurry... Tickets?"

"I've booked them in advance."

She nodded.

"Hyung knows you'll be coming."

"I understand." She simply replied.

"I'm sorry, Noona. I know I've promised I wouldn't tell him... But we didn't have a choice." His talking was hindered when he opened the taxi cab for her.

They both got in.

"Chae said Hyung's on the verge of breaking down... He's having a hard time, Noona."

Dara held his shoulder. "It's fine, Seungri. I understand." She told him and turned her attention to the cab driver. "Sakura Hotel, please."

"Hai (Yes)." The Japanese driver responded.

"Thank you." She said.

************

"Unnie!" Chaerin waved her hand from afar while running towards their direction. She immediately gave her a hug after getting near them.

"I thought a driver will be coming to drive us back home?" Seungri asked.

"I can't stand being at home waiting that's why I offered to drive both of you home instead."

"I missed you." Dara gave her another hug.

"We missed you more, Unnie... Let's go?"

Dara nodded.

"I'll drive." Seungri volunteered.

"You sure?" Chaerin asked.

Seungri didn't reply and just opened his palm, asking for the car key.

"If you insist." Chaerin handed the key to her brother and showed them the way to her car.

************

"Nana Jade." Dara greeted the old lady with a hug after seeing her inside the living room, instructing one of the housemaids in dusting the furniture.

"Oh, Dara! You're back." She was pleasantly surprised of Dara's arrival.

"Nana Jade, where are the kids?" Chaerin asked.

"Swimming... Bom and SeungHyun brought them home from school."

"They're with the kids?" Seungri asked.

"Only SeungHyun. I think Bom is with Jiyong in his work room."

"I'll check on the kids first." Dara said and without saying anything more, she left the living room and headed to the pool area.

************

"Mama!" The kids rushed to Dara and hugged her tight after seeing her.

She crouched down to be at par with the kids and hugged them back. "Did you miss Mama?"

"Super... We missed you a lot." Kim stated, kissing her on the cheek.

"We were supposed to ask Papa if we can go visit you in Japan but he's very busy lately." Tim looked at her intently.

Dara patted his head. "He just has a lot to think about, baby... But I'm here now."

"Hi, Dara." SeungHyun greeted her while walking towards them, interrupting her conversation with the kids.

"Haven't seen you in a while." She stood up and smiled at him.

"Bom's with Jiyong." He said.

"Nana Jade told me."

"Aren't you going to see him?"

"Anna, can you look after the kids while they swim?" She asked one of the kids' nannies.

The woman nodded. "Come kids... Mama needs to talk to Uncle."

"Thank you." Dara said.

"Is,everything okay?" SeungHyun asked.

She looked at the kids and back at him. "The kids..."

He tapped her arm. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to... But if you need anything from me and Bom, we're just here."

Dara was still about to say something but wasn't able to do so as she saw Bom walking from inside the mansion while someone's following her behind.

Her heart pounded fast, she didn't know how she'll react.

"Dara..." Bom hugged her.

"Dara." Jiyong spoke, almost in a whisper.

She forced a smile although she felt like crying.

Jiyong held her wrist, almost shaking. "Can we talk?"

She wanted to say NO but also thought she has to let Jiyong know about her reason for coming back.

"Excuse us." She told Bom and SeungHyun before looking at Jiyong. "Let's talk in the garden."

She walked towards the garden and Jiyong followed her there.

Bom and SeungHyun wasn't able to do anything but to look at each other.

************

After reaching the garden, Jiyong can no longer refrain himself. He hugged her from behind.

"I missed you... so much."

Dara bit her lips to stop her tears from falling from her eyes. She needed to keep a strong front.

Slowly, she took his arms off from hugging her and faced him afterwards.

"Still giving me the cold shoulder?"

She saw his eyes clouded with tears.

'You've been fooled once, Dara. Don't let him fool you again.' She reminded herself.

"Jiyong, I just want to make things clear... I come back because I know you needed help with kids... I'm going back to Japan after everything's settled." She tightened her jaw.

Jiyong looked down and she saw his shoulders shudder. "I'm sorry." He said.

She tried to even out her breathing as she felt the lump in . She didn't want to cry. Not anymore.

"Let's just keep it casual in front of the kids... I'll be here to help you. But that's the only thing I can promise."

"What's happening to US, Dara? Tell me... PLEASE." He pleaded.

Dara's heart is being smashed as she saw tears coming from Jiyong's eyes. It's hard for her to keep her composure and refrain herself from crying while seeing him almost breaking down but all she has in mind was the pain that conversation she heard has caused her.

"Ask yourself, Jiyong... Was there really an US?" She chuckled bitterly while tears escaped from her eyes.

He cupped her cheek with his hand and spoke, "Dara, I love you... I love you so much... Why are saying all these?"

She shook her head. "Let's just stop this... I don't want to talk about anything about what you're saying as US, Jiyong... I'll help you but that's it." She carefully took his hand off her cheek.

"You've found someone else?"

'Making it as if I'm the one who's done something wrong, huh? I'll play the game then.'

"Yes! I found someone else... HAPPY?" She told him while wiping her tears.

"Why?... Wasn't I not enough?"

"I guess you don't really know me, Jiyong. This is the real me." She smirked and faced back, tears welled in her eyes as river of it flowed down her cheeks.

"Is this how we'll end up?" He's voice was shaking due to crying.

She didn't answer his question. Instead, she replied, "I'll talk to the kids about their Mom... I'll try my best to let them understand."

"Dara..."

"I'll go ahead and check on them."

She badly wanted to escape from that place, scream and release the emotion that she's trying to hold back.

Before she could even make a step, Jiyong held her wrist.

"Did you even love me?" He asked.

"Love? Possibly... You're good looking... and rich... Who wouldn't, right?" She lied.

With her answer, Jiyong gently released his grip on her wrist and let her go.

Dara balled both her hands into fist and ran back into the house as tears drowned her.

Jiyong was left sobbing in the garden.