Chapter 41

Then You Came

"Unnie?" Minzy was surprised to see Dara after opening the wooden gate of the orphanage.

Dara didn't say anything and just gave her little sister a tight hug while crying.

Although puzzled, Minzy didn't asked why and just let her Unnie cry on her shoulder. She rubbed her back, trying to comfort her.

"It hurts, Minzy... It really hurts." Dara said in between her sobs.

Minzy gently pulled from the hug and held Dara by her arm to walk towards the bench-like swing that's at the porch of the house.

She assisted her in sitting down and sat beside her. "What's wrong, Unnie?" She tapped her back.

Dara was sniffing and sobbing at the same time.

"Did you have a fight with Jiyong Oppa?"

"I wish it was really just a petty fight, Minzy... But it isn't."

"Take a deep breath, Unnie. Calm down." She guided her head and brought it to her shoulder.

"Minzy, it was all a lie... He just wanted to have Kiko back." She was almost out of breath because of crying.

"What do you mean, Unnie?"

"I've heard Jiyong told Kiko everything... He needed me to make Kiko jealous and eventually have her back... It felt like I was stabbed in the chest multiple times... I love him, Minzy... I love him so much it hurts to hear those words directly from him."

"It must have been a misunderstanding... I have seen how much love Jiyong Oppa has given you."

"They're just all an act... I've heard everything... I know his real purpose. He doesn't love me, Minzy... He still loves Kiko."

Daesung, coming from inside was surprised to see Dara back from Japan... and crying.

"Noona..." He called.

Dara raised her head and rushed in Daesung's arms after.

"What's happening?" He mouthed at Minzy.

"Jiyong Oppa." Minzy did the same.

Daesung's forehead creased. He held her arms and carefully pushed her away to look at her. "What did Jiyong Hyung do to you?"

Instead of answering, Dara covered her face with her palms and continued crying.

"I've told him not to hurt you... He promised!" Daesung felt angry seeing her Noona cry. "Where is he? I need to talk to him." He was about to walk out of the orphanage to look for Jiyong but Dara stopped him.

She shook her head. "I didn't want him to know I came back."

"He doesn't know you're here?"

"We had an argument back in Japan yesterday and it didn't end up well. I came back to talk to him only to find out his plan."

"What plan, Noona?"

Dara can't say it one more time. It just keeps hammering her chest. Her sobs started to be audible again.

"Unnie heard Jiyong Oppa while talking to Kiko Unnie. He told her he was just using Dara Unnie to have her back."

"What?!... This is not right, Noona. I really need to see him right now." Daesung was fuming in anger.

"I'm flying back to Japan tomorrow... I need to free my mind with all these... I can't face him, Dae... I can't."

"Noona..."

She wiped her tears and was still sniffing when she spoke. "You don't have to see him, Dae... Let's just leave it as it is... He doesn't have to know that I've heard it all... I'm just staying for the night... Don't tell anyone about what I told you... not even to Mother Cecilia." She forced a smile to both of them but ended up biting her lower lip as it begun trembling while her eyes became clouded with tears again.

Minzy stood up and hugged her Unnie. Daesung enclosed his two sisters in his arms.

"If you need someone to talk to, just call us, Unnie."

"Thank you, Minzy... Thank you, Dae... Sorry if Big Sister's here, crying in front of both of you."

Dae rubbed her arm while Minzy patted her back.

"We're just here, Noona... We love you."

"Yes Unnie... We love you... Why don't you stay here for a few days more? We'll not let anyone know you're here."

She shook her head. "I can't... I have a commitment to settle in Japan... and I have to be far away from Jiyong."

"We would respect your decision... But call us everyday... We need to know you're okay?" Daesung told her.

She smiled a little while cupping Daesung's cheeks. "You sound like a big brother."

Minzy dried her tears. "We don't want to see you like this, Unnie."

"Thank you my babies... You've grown up so well."

"You have to rest now, Noona."

"I'll fix your room." Minzy said and went inside the house.

"Stay here, Noona. I'll heat up some water so you can have a warm bath. It should relax you." Daesung smiled at her before following Minzy.

Dara sat back on the bench-like swing and looked at the sky. "I still can't believe it, Jiyong." She said in a whisper as tears rushed down her cheeks again.

************

Jiyong sat up abruptly and a pounding pain in his head followed.

"Argg!! I think I had too much alcohol last night." He complained as he massaged his temple.

He went to the shower room to have a quick bath before heading down to the dining area.

"Good morning babies." He greeted the twins and gave them a kiss on their forehead.

The twins continued playing with their food, taking only little of what's on the plate.

"What's wrong?" Jiyong asked after he sat on his usual seat.

"They miss Unnie so much." Chaerin came out of the kitchen with a tray on her hand.

She gave her Oppa a cup of coffee and a glass of milk for the twins.

"Chae?"

"Good morning." She forced a smile.

"Papa, we talked to Mama last night and she was crying." Kim said. Sadness was visible in her expression.

Tim remained silent.

Jiyong just sipped some coffee from his cup.

"Don't you miss her, Papa?" Tim asked.

"Huh?... Of course I miss her, too." He replied.

"The kids said she was crying non-stop last night." Chaerin added, giving her Oppa a meaningful look.

"Kids, I'll let Ajhussi Jisuk drive you to school first, okay? I just need to talk to Aunt Chae about something." He stated.

"Papa, are you having a fight with Mama?" Kim asked.

"Why ask that, baby?" He asked back.

"I don't know... I just thought... Last night when we called her, you weren't here. I asked Mama if she already talked to you. She said you're busy."

"Mama's right. I'm just busy with things, that's why. But I'll make sure to call her later, okay?"

The twins' face brightened.

"Now, finish your food so you won't be late for class."

Both nodded.

***********

"Kiko brought you home?" Chaerin asked.

They remained in the dining area after the kids left.

Jiyong didn't speak.

"I've asked the guards. They said it was Kiko who drove for you and that one of the drivers sent her home... What's happening, Oppa?"

"I needed to have that chat with her... From what I could remember, I told her everything."

"About what?"

He raked his hair with his fingers. "About how I felt for her... how I grew feelings for Dara... I wanted her to know."

"What for?... Are you trying to... Was Dara Unnie right with?..."

Jiyong interrupted. "No! I love Dara... I know for sure that I'll never have my feelings for Kiko back."

"Then what's the use of talking to her? You've already cleared things with her before."

"I haven't told her the real story behind... The beginning... and I wanted to let out all those things that's been bothering me."

"And you chose to tell her instead of us?... I'm sorry Oppa. I'm trying to understand you but I'm really confused."

Jiyong sighed. "Chae... Will you promise to be open minded and not react until I'm done?"

Chaerin's eyebrows furrowed.

"There's something I haven't told you."

"Ow-key?"

"When Kiko came back, I told myself I needed to have her back... Dara knew about it. But what she didn't know was that I planned to use her to be able to have Kiko back to me."

"You what?!"

"Calm down."

"Oppa, you're telling me to calm down after you told me that?"

"It's not what you think... I thought of using her to make Kiko jealous, YES... but I didn't proceed with the plan... because I've realized it was her that I want and that I was only overwhelmed by Kiko's return. Believe me, Chae... I love Dara. I love her so much that I get easily jealous whenever she's with a different man."

"So Dara Unnie doesn't know about all these?"

Jiyong shook his head.

"Do you plan to tell her about it?"

"I'm scared she might get mad at me."

Chaerin massaged her temple. "I don't know what to say, Oppa."

"I don't wanna lose her, Chae... She haven't contacted me since yesterday. Knowing her, she should have already given me a call. She's the type who doesn't want a day to pass without talking about a misunderstanding."

"I think you should make the first move, Oppa. You were the one who walked out during your conversation with her."

"But I don't know what I'll do or how I'll start."

"Go back to Japan... If there's a need for you to camp outside of Dara Unnie's hotel, do it... That's if you really don't want to lose her... Make her believe that she's the only one there." She pointed his chest.

As if a light bulb was , Jiyong thought of something. "What if I propose to her?"

"Really?"

"If that's the only way."

Chaerin patted his shoulder. "If that's really your decision, I agree to that 100%."

"I have to plan it thoroughly. I wanna give her the most special proposal ever."

"I think we have to let SeungHyun Oppa and Bom Unnie know about it... They'll be a big help."

"We can ask Daesung and Minzy, too... For sure, they'll know what Dara wants."

"You ready to be tied up, Oppa."

He scratched his nape. "I thought SeungHyun would be the first to do it... But I guess I would need to overtake his plans of marriage."

"You sure about this?"

He smiled and nodded. "Never have been so sure in my life... Dara's the person I would like to spend my life with." He looked determined.

Chaerin hugged him. "Let's not waste time and tell them about your plan. I'm so excited."