Chapter 40

Then You Came

"What?! You walked out just like that and flew back here without clearing things up?" Bom hysterically reacted.

Seungri went to the mansion to check on the kids and was shocked to see Jiyong at the bar, drinking liquor early in the morning. SeungHyun and Bom immediately rushed to Jiyong's house after receiving a call from him. They were told Jiyong was drinking and that he wasn't supposed to be back yet since he planned to be in Japan for three days.

He decided to also call her sister to make sure they talk to Jiyong properly.

"I just called Unnie and she can't be contacted." Chaerin showed up after going to another room to call Dara.

Jiyong smirked, looking a little tipsy. "You won't be able to contact her. She's with that man."

"Yah, Jiyong! You know Dara won't cheat on you." Bom slapped his arm.

"I just saw it with my eyes." He replied.

"Hyung, Dara Noona's not that type of person." Seungri spoke.

"They were too close to each other... As in this close." Jiyong placed both his palms near each other, putting only a little space in between.

"Did you let her talk?" SeungHyun asked.

"Friend my !" He took another shot of brandy.

"She told you he's just a friend and you didn't believe her? Oppa, she was trying to call you the other night. I asked her if she needs to tell you something and she told me she just missed you... Bom Unnie's right. She won't cheat on you."

"Can you please stop telling me all that... She's pushing me back to Kiko. It might be a sign that she has someone else."

"What do you mean?" SeungHyun wanted Jiyong to elaborate.

"She wanted me to say that it's still Kiko... She's pushing me away."

"How was Kiko brought up to your conversation?" Bom asked.

"I don't know... I was venting out my frustration... Probably when I told her I was trying my hardest to avoid Kiko's calls and messages."

"She's still trying to contact you?" Chaerin was shocked.

"Only because she's helping me keep Dara away from Media... which is what Dara wished... I'm doing everything just to follow what she wants." He gritted his teeth.

Bom and Chaerin looked at each other.

"You're just not understanding each other, Hyung. You shouldn't have left her there without letting her explain properly." Seungri told him.

"I'm just tired of letting her understand that I chose her over Kiko."

"Jiyong, you're making her feel like there's another option... That you have another option... and it's making her feel insecure." Bom implied.

"I'm sorry guys... Look. There are a lot of things going on inside my head right now. The least I wanted to hear are these preachings. I need a space to breath." He stood up and headed to his room.

SeungHyun walked past him and blocked his way. "Are you just going to walk out on us, too?"

"I don't have time for this." He pushed him aside and started walking again.

"Yah, right. Continue running away, Jiyong. Wait 'til you realize what your losing when it's too late... Good job, man." SeungHyun continued with his lecture.

Jiyong heard everything he said but he ignored him.

After getting his car key and changing his clothes, he drove off without any destination in mind.

************

Dara decided to fly back to Korea and talk to Jiyong about their heated conversation. She had to talk to him. It was already bad that they weren't able to patch things up before the day ended so she thought it would be worse if she allowed another day to pass without speaking to him.

She planned to go straight to the mansion to see if Jiyong was there but her plan changed when she received a text message from him.

Seonyudo Park at one of the benches near the brick artwork - Jiyong

Her forehead creased. "What is he doing at the park?"

She still don't know why Jiyong texted her that but she didn't waste any second anymore. She rushed to the taxi area and asked the driver to bring her to the place that Jiyong told her.

************

The area's surrounded by trees and there were quite a few passersby who were strolling around.

Dara searched for the place that Jiyong mentioned in his message. She saw it and only found two people seated on one of the benches that's circled around the open pavilion.

She kept her distance to see who the two people were.

A of pain hit her after seeing who they were.

It was Jiyong who was playing with Kiko's hand. They were talking about something.

Dara tried to get nearer without being noticed. She needed to hear what they were talking about.

She knew Jiyong was a little drank as his eyes were fluttering at times. She should know since there's been a lot of instances that she took care of him after having too much alcohol.

"You shouldn't be here, Jiyong... Go home and have some rest." Kiko tried to persuade him.

He chuckled. "Have we been here for hours now?" He asked, his speech a little slurred.

"You've already fallen asleep... not sure how long... probably more than an hour."

"Let's just stay here for a little longer." He grinned.

Dara was holding her chest while she kept herself hidden behind a tree where it's voided with the light from the post. The only light that's keeping her from too much darkness was the light from the moon.

"You said you fought with Dara?" Dara heard Kiko asked.

"You know the story behind all these?" He raised his pointing finger.

"What?" Kiko acted interested.

"You..." He pointed at her.

"What about me?"

"I didn't want to admit it at first, especially when you came back..." He crinkled his nose. ~hiccup~ "But I still like you... I was so angry that you left... but I still wanted you back." He chortled. ~hiccup~ "So I decided to make you jealous... Good idea, right?" He laughed.

"What are you talking about, Jiyong?" Kiko looked surprised at his revelation though her heart felt hope with what she's hearing.

'This is not part of what I picture will happen... This is getting better than what I was expecting.' Kiko was smiling inside.

"Haha... I made the greatest plan ever created... I am a genius to think about that plan." He was pouting.

Dara on the other hand had to put her hands into fist and bit her lower lip to avoid her sob from being heard. Jiyong's words were like a knife that's continuously stabbing her chest but she needed to stay. She needed to hear the PLAN that he was talking about.

"I needed to find someone who can act as my girl to show you... and eventually make you jealous... I had no other person in mind other than Dara... She's innocent... pretty... someone who I can easily make to believe I like her... get in a relationship with her and then, VOILA!!! I have planned to use her to have you back."

The last words that Jiyong said gave a hard blow on Dara that she didn't had the strength to listen to more of what he has to say.

Tears streamed down her cheeks and she has to cover while running away. She didn't want her sobs to be heard.

Blinded with tears, she almost got hit by a motorcycle.

She bowed down at the motorcycle driver to apologize and continued to ran as far away as she could. She didn't know the direction where she was heading but she only cared less. All that's important for her was to go somewhere she can release all the emotions that were congesting her chest.

She got a taxi and decided to go home, back to the orphanage.

************

Jiyong's expression changed after saying he planned to use Dara to have Kiko back.

He became serious all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry if I have disturbed you today, Kiko... I wanted to be sure with the feelings I have." He smiled at her.

"What feelings?" Kiko asked, expecting for him to say he still loves her.

"I don't know why I still wanted a confirmation when I already know the answer."

"You're making me confused, Jiyong."

"The plan I was telling you about... about using Dara to have you back. I have voided that plan a long time ago... The reason why I called you was because I wanted to be sure that it's only Dara here now." He tapped his chest. "And I know it's only her."

Kiko chuckled bitterly.

"I'm sorry I have to ask you to see me."

"You're good with playing games, Jiyong."

"I love Dara, Kiko... Even before I started the plan, it already back fired on me... I realized Dara's not someone I needed to use to have you back but someone I needed in my life to fill up my missing piece. I have learned to forgive because of her... I have learned the colors of life from her. She taught me a lot of things... I love her so much... Now, I'll be the first person to be happy for you once you also find that person who will make you complete."

Kiko didn't speak.

"I'm just here if you need anything... Bom and SeungHyun, too."

"You really love her, huh?"

"I do... And I don't know how I can make her feel how much I love her... She still thinks I want you."

"I think she knows about that... She just feels threatened because we're starting to contact each other again. I know how it feels... I'm a girl, too."

"Thanks for listening."

She smiled genuinely. "Honestly, I was hoping for you to say you wanted us to be together again."

"Kiko..."

"No, no... It's not what your thinking. All these things you've told me about... I can feel how much you really love Dara... and I didn't want to be an Antagonist to your relationship... At first I thought I can take the chance since I was under impression that you still have feelings for me. People would give me their attention if we become an item again... I guess Bom's right... I'm a little selfish when it comes to fame. I wanted people's recognition. I love their attention. But I am not a relationship breaker... If you love her... If you truly truly love her... I'll be happy about that."

His eyes started to water.

"Since when did you become emotional?" Kiko chuckled.

"I'm just happy... I get to clear things with you."

"Yah, Jiyong! Stop crying. You're making me cry, too."

He smiled while wiping his tears.

"Call her... Stop being so hot headed." She sniffed and snickered at the same time.

'The look in his eyes explains it all. He really loves her. I should let it go.' She told herself.

"Can I give my ex a hug?" She opened her arms.

Jiyong hugged her tight and said, "Thank you."

She patted his back as a response.