Chapter 28

Then You Came

...Phone ringing...

Jiyong was awakened by the sound of his phone. He grabbed it from the side table, being extra careful for him not to wake Dara up.

With one eye open, he immediately answered the phone without checking who it was for the ringing to stop.

"Hello..." He answered in a whisper.

"Yah, Jiyong! You promise you'll see us as soon as you arrive, right?"

'Bom.' He heaved a sigh.

"I was supposed to ask you if we can meet today... I just got excited to see the kids yesterday." I told her, trying hard not to make too much noise.

"I saw pictures of you with the kids and Dara yesterday... That's where I got the news that you're back."

"They're fast." I spoke, pertaining to the media.

"What's wrong with your voice? Why do you speak like as if your whispering?" She asked.

"I just woke up... My voice is still a little restrained." He lied.

Dara moved closer to him and he rubbed her arm to hush her back to sleep.

"I'll call you later... I promise to meet with you and SeungHyun today." He assured Bom.

"Okay... We'll expect that." She got pacified with Jiyong's promise.

"See you later... Good morning, by the way." He said sarcastically which made Bom laugh on the other end.

"Sorry I got carried away... Good morning."

"That's fine... We're used to that." He smiled.

"Take your breakfast... I'll wake SeungHyun up to eat... I'm hungry."

"You're at his place?"

"No... He stayed here in my house... Bring Dara with you later."

"I'm planning to do that."

"Good... See you later."

"Okay... Bye."

Jiyong placed his phone back on the side table and changed his position to face Dara who's still deeply sleeping in his arms.

He kissed her forehead, smiling as he felt satisfied waking up and seeing this lovely angel right in front of her.

With his forefinger, he trailed the bridge of her nose.

Feeling a little ticklish, Dara crinkled her nose which made Jiyong smile even wider.

"How could you look this calm when you sleep." He whispered.

Unable to stop himself no more, he bended his head to kiss the side of her lips which made her stir from her sleep.

Slowly, her eyes opened and got a little startled seeing Jiyong beside her. A little disoriented, she moved her eyes around the room and slapped her forehead after remembering something.

Jiyong chuckled. "What's wrong?"

"I thought I was just dreaming... Having you beside me, that is." She chortled. "I forgot that I have agreed to sleep beside you last night." She smiled. "Good morning."

He kissed her nose and greeted, "Good morning."

"What time is it?"

Jiyong looked at his phone and checked the time. "15 before 6."

"I have to get up now. Kim and Tim need to prepare for school."

Dara knelt on the bed and stretched her arm while yawning. "What breakfast do you want." She asked Jiyong who remained lying down.

He pulled her on top of him and enclosed her in his arms. "Can we not get up yet." He pouted.

Dara cupped his cheeks and chuckled. "We have kids to take care of Mr. Kwon."

"I know... But I want to stay like this longer... Few more minutes?" He bargained.

She shook her head. "It's way past my time to get up... I still need to prepare the kids breakfast... and yours, too."

He hugged her tighter causing her to suffocate. "I never had the chance to have a teddy bear to hug when I was a kid." He loosen the hug but kept her enclosed in his arms. It's my father's way to keep us tough, I guess... But I think hugging you like this would still be better than growing up with a bear beside me when I sleep." He pressed her face on her neck.

She pulled her weight up to look at Jiyong then gave him a peck on his lips. "And it made you a strong man... Unyielded by hardship." She caressed his cheek. "And I'm here to cheer you on... I'll be like a cheerleader... though I don't look like one." She laughed. "Or maybe I'll be like those towel girl or water boy who makes players comfortable."

He tucked her hair behind her ear and kissed her on the cheek. "Or you'll be that proud girlfriend who cheers and makes me comfortable at the same time."

She nodded. "I think that's gonna be me."

He kissed her lips sweetly and let it go. "I love you, Dara."

"Love you, too." She said, rubbing his cheek with the back of her hand. "Can I go to attend to the kids' needs now?"

He chuckled and ended up nodding. "I'll follow."

"Okay." She smiled and stood up.

**********

"Dara..."

Jiyong was driving the car after they've sent the kids to school.

"Hmm?" Dara looked at his direction.

"Bom invited us to meet them today."

"Us?"

Jiyong nodded, still focused on the road.

"Why both of us?"

"They wanted to see you again."

"But..."

"It would be fun."

She was looking outside when he glanced at her.

"I know I promised that we'll meet Youngbae... and I'm not making up an excuse just to avoid it. It's just that I've given Bom a promise I'll see them as soon as I get back from my trip."

"Youngbae's not the problem... We can reschedule that... My worry is that I might not blend in."

He held her hand that's on her lap and squeezed it. "If that's what you're worrying, then worry not... Remember how Bom and SeungHyun were very accommodating during the Reunion? That's who they are... You'll love them."

Dara smiled and nodded feeling assured by Jiyong's words.

**********

"Finally, both of you are here." Bom exclaimed after seeing Jiyong and Dara coming in.

They decided to meet at SeungHyun's place not too far from the city. It's somewhere you'll enjoy nature but still see the lights of the city from afar.

Bom greeted Jiyong with a hug and did the same to Dara. She then guided them towards the huge balcony where dinner's gonna be served.

"I haven't gone to this place for months... I can see SeungHyun has made a couple of changes in the interior." Jiyong spoke while holding Dara's hand.

"You know him. He always adds something to his collection... It gets crowded in here so he always has to rearrange." Bom said.

"SeungHyun loves collecting antique things... It's his obsession aside from Bom." He smiled with his eyes, his attention turned to Dara.

"Antique collections are expensive, right?" Dara commented.

"Exactly Dara... I always tell Jiyong's best friend about that but he doesn't listen." Bom reacted after they reached the entrance of the balcony.

"About what?" SeungHyun appeared from behind, holding a bottle of champagne.

"Your antique collection, man." Jiyong chuckled.

"As always." SeungHyun placed his arm on Bom's shoulders and kissed her temple. "But they're only second to you so don't worry." He chuckled.

"Good evening Dara." He greeted enthusiastically.

Dara smiled and bowed a little as a greeting.

"Dinner will be served shortly." He said.

They got to the table where SeungHyun assisted Bom in taking her seat while Jiyong did the same for Dara.

"Thank you." Both the ladies thanked the gentlemen.

They ate dinner while having a nice conversation.

"I brought something for you Bom... I'm not sure though if your gonna like it." Dara said while their having wine, seated on a couch that's also in the balcony of SeungHyun's house.

"Oh, yeah. It's good you said that. It's in the car." Jiyong seconded.

"Really?" Bom squealed. "I love surprises."

"I told Dara about the shop you've opened so she thought of giving you one of her works so you can put it there."

"It's still up to you if you would like to put it there... I'm still a beginner with artworks so I'm not sure if you'll like it." Dara said shyly.

"Don't believe her Bom... Her hands work magic."

"When Jiyong says it, it should be true... Just like me, he has good taste in art works." SeungHyun wiggled his eyebrows and both the guys did a fist bump. "Speaking of art... Did you like the art room we designed?" He asked Dara.

Dara's smiled brightly. "I love it... It's simple but it looks sophisticated at the same time... I love how you've added the surround system... I get more engrossed with painting while the music's on." She sounded so delighted.

"Good to know you liked it... Jiyong here made sure it will be something you'll like... He told us details of what needs to be there... We just added some finishing touches." SeungHyun said.

"I told him he didn't have to do that... He's already given me too much surprises." Dara touched Jiyong's chin.

"Of course you should only have the best." Jiyong told her.

Bom smiled at the sight. 'Jiyong's eyes have that sparkle back.'

"We should only have the best." Bom agreed.

"I think you'll love the present Dara brought." Jiyong told her.

"Can I see it now?" Bom asked.

"Should I get it now?" Jiyong asked back.

"Please." Bom clasped her hand below her chin.

"Okay." Jiyong stood up and Dara was about to follow him when Bom stopped her.

"Where are you going?" Bom asked her.

"I'll go with Jiyong."

"No... SeungHyun, go with Jiyong and help him with my present." Bom instructed her boyfriend.

"Okay."

SeungHyun followed Jiyong who already left to go back to his car.

**********

"How's everything going between you and Jiyong?" Bom asked, breaking the silence between her and Dara.

"We're happy." Dara gave her a genuine smile.

Bom smiled back and held Dara's hand. "I can see that... There's that spark on Jiyong's eyes again. I know he's happy... Thank you for bringing that happiness back."

"Can I tell you something?" Dara hesitated.

"Go on." Bom squeezed her hand.

Dara looked down and fiddled with her fingers. "I'm still scared... scared that he might have his feelings for Kiko back... I mean, I know something in him still has that part for Kiko... and I can't remove that... and it's okay with me... I'm just afraid that what he has for her might still overpower what he's feeling for me."

Bom raised Dara's head so she can look into her eyes. "Do you trust Jiyong?"

"...Yes..." Dara answered.

"Give that 100 percent trust to him... I'm not saying this because he's my friend but because I know him too well... When he loves someone, he'll give his all. And I know it's love he's feeling for you. His actions say it all."

"Thank you Bom." She smiled.

"Bear in mind that the person you chose to love is surrounded by watchful eyes... It won't be easy Dara... I'll tell you that... There might be articles that will tell lies... There will be some who will support you... But in the end, whatever happens... just believe in Jiyong... He loves you."

Dara nodded.

Bom rubbed her arm to assure her she's just right beside her. "If you need someone to tell your worries or if you wanted to talk, you can always call me... You're part of our world now... We can be sisters."

"Thank you so much Bom." Dara hugged Bom and the latter patted her back.