Chapter 29

Then You Came

"So?" SeungHyun lightly punched Jiyong's arm.

"What now?"

"Stop acting innocent bro... Have you already told her the magic word?"

Jiyong smiled at him meaningfully.

"Good job bro... That's the best decision you've made in years." SeungHyun gave him a thumbs up. "No more Kiko?"

He shook his head. "Just Dara."

"And you're now completely sure about this?"

"I'm super sure."

"I'm happy for you bro."

"Thanks."

"Let's go back inside so Bom can see this." Tapping the canvas that Jiyong was holding.

"She will surely like this... It will suit her shop perfectly." Jiyong said proudly.

SeungHyun chuckled. " How sweet of you to fully support your girlfriend's talent."

He shrugged. "Girlfriend or not, she's really good. You'll see what I mean." He gave SeungHyun another tap on his arm before getting in.

**********

"This looks lovely, Dara... I'll make sure to put this up on my shop's wall... It will definitely fit in there." Bom hugged Dara and went back to adoring the painting in front of her.

"I told you you'll love it." Jiyong said proudly, walking towards Dara and sliding his hand on her waist.

The painting looks very elegant. The background was kept white while a woman wearing a flamboyant black gown was looking at her shoulder, back facing the onlooker. The long trail of the gown is as if being blown by air.

"Beautiful," was SeungHyun's short but meaningful comment.

"I think your praises are a little too much... I'm still a beginner." Dara reacted.

Jiyong patted her head. "You're good at it... I don't think it's a work of a beginner. Don't you guys agree?"

"I agree... This is something that can catch anyone's attention. You're really good Dara." Bom told her.

Dara smiled and bowed her head. "Thank you... I'm overwhelmed."

Jiyong pulled her closer and kissed her hair.

They enjoyed the night and didn't notice the time. Jiyong and Dara got home late after declining SeungHyun's offer for them to stay for the night. Dara explained she still have to take care of the kids since they still have school in the morning.

***********

The next morning, they were back to their usual routine: Jiyong prepared to go to the office while Dara made sure the kids are set for school.

"Sorry I can't bring the kids to school. I have to be in the office early today... I received a call from my secretary about an urgent matter in the office." Jiyong said, not even sitting down to take his breakfast.

"Have your breakfast, at least." Dara said.

"I'll just eat in the office... I need to go." Jiyong kissed her forehead and did the same to the twins.

"Take care."

Jiyong was about to leave the dining room when he turned back to where Dara was and gave her a peck on her lips.

"Let me have that as my breakfast." He smiled widely and left.

Dara's lips formed a smile which remained plastered on her face while taking care of the kids.

**********

Daesung's in my studio today... But don't worry. I made sure he no longer have any class to attend to. - Youngbae

"Why did I forget? Jiyong and Youngbae should meet again... I'll take this chance." Dara spoke, talking to her phone while she started typing on her keypad.

Thanks for updating me... Can we talk about your plans for Daesung in person? - Dara

Sure... I'll tell you when we're done. - Youngbae

Before 6 in the afternoon, Dara received another text message from Youngbae saying he's already free.

She asked him to meet up in a restaurant near Jiyong's office.

Why there? - Youngbae

I'm somewhere near Jiyong's office... But we can go to another place if you want. - Dara

No, it's fine. I'll be there by 7:30. - Youngbae

Okay, thanks. See you there. - Dara

***********

Jiyong, I'm currently near your office and I'm dining with a friend. Can you come and join us if you have time. - Dara

She kept her fingers crossed that Jiyong would agree to her invitation.

I'm already on my way home. Just one last paper to review. Can you wait for another 30 to 45 minutes. - Jiyong

"Yes!" Dara blurted out and the person beside her glared at her.

"Sorry." She apologized.

She went back to making her fingers work on her keypad.

Thanks Jiyong... I'll be in the restaurant 4 blocks from your office building. The one that caters other Asian dishes... FantASIA's the name of the restaurant. - Dara

Okay. Be there. - Jiyong

Dara reached the restaurant and made a reservation and ordered their best dish.

***********

Jiyong was guided to a private room where he'll be meeting Dara. He got in only to be surprised by the person who's inside.

"Jiyong?..." The person also wasn't expecting to see him.

Jiyong raked his hair. "Where's Dara?" He asked.

"I don't know... She asked me to come." The man answered.

Jiyong was contemplating if he's gonna stay when both their phones alerted.

He opened the message he received and smirked.

"Dara's plan." He whispered to himself.

"Was it Dara?"

"She planned this." Jiyong replied.

"Why not have a seat? We're already here anyway." The man invited.

Since it's just a 4 seater table, Jiyong had no choice but to sit on the chair adjacent to the man.

"It's been a long time since we have been together this close, huh?" The man tried to start a conversation. "How have you been Jiyong?"

Jiyong snickered. "Stop acting like we're close Youngbae... It's annoying."

Youngbae just smiled back. "Dara set this up... I think she wanted us to talk."

"Stop messing with my life Youngbae."

"Who said I am?"

"If you're planning to steal Dara from me just like what you tried to do with Kiko, you'll not succeed. Dara's mine!" Jiyong balled his hand into fist.

Youngbae shook his head. "Have you forgotten? I've had my eyes on Kiko first... You know that Jiyong... But still, after knowing she likes you, you grabbed that chance and pursued her... Now who's stealing?"

"You didn't stand a chance with her... You also know that."

"So, without thinking about our friendship, you stole her?"

"She wasn't yours in the first place... You just liked her, and it ended there."

"And you ended our friendship, too."

"Because you were trying to take her away... And it's you who first left the group."

"You ended our friendship the day you decided to be with Kiko."

...Silence...

"I was hurt and felt betrayed... Why does it have to be my closest friend? I thought. I've told you everything... About my plans and how much I liked her but then you took your chance and grabbed her... taking away my chance of proving to her that I should be her choice."

"I supported you Youngbae... also tried to stop my feelings for her since you like her... I didn't tell you that because I know about your feelings for her... But then, she's been continuously declining your feelings... One day, she approached me and said it's me she likes... I still tried not to want her because I know what you're gonna feel... But man, I'm only human... We went out without telling you... I know it was wrong of me... But when I tried to tell you, you ended up cursing and ranting... I tried to explain but you didn't listen... That's when you decided to leave the group... which made Bom and SeungHyun sad... After that, you've started to be with people who only influenced you in a bad way... and you started doing things to separate me and Kiko... I hated you for doing that... I thought you never considered our friendship."

Youngbae chuckled. "We were young back then... I'd been too hasty with my decisions... I let my emotions dictate me."

Jiyong didn't reply but just stared at Youngbae.

"Look Jiyong... I'll be hypocrite if I tell you I don't like Dara... She's lovely and kind and sweet... But she loves you... She have made that clear from the start... I'm not ruining what you have with her this time... If I appear around her, that's only because she wants me to... she needs my help as a friend. That's all."

"How can I believe your words?"

"Why can't we go back to how we were before our friendship got ruined by a girl?" Youngbae asked back.

Jiyong tapped his fingers on the table.

"If you're still mad about what I did, I'm sorry. I'm not admitting that I'm solely at fault but I apologize for my wrong doings back then."

"I'll kill you this time if you start doing nasty things... I'll tell you that."

"I'll only do that if you start hurting Dara." Youngbae looked at him with a serious stare.

Jiyong took a deep breath and huffed some air. "I guess I was also at fault back then... I apologize."

Youngbae smiled. "That's all in the past... Can we start anew and bring our old friendship back?" He offered his hand for a handshake.

Jiyong took it and smiled back.

"Why didn't we think of doing this before?" Youngbae asked.

"You know how our emotions are... And our pride, too."

"We have to thank Dara."

"We should."

"I think you should call her."

"That's a good idea." Before Jiyong pressed the call button, he looked at Youngbae's direction. "I'm telling you man, you can't ruin my relationship with Dara... If you're planning to do so, step back now or I will not hesitate to stain my hands with blood."

"When did you start being so violent?... I told you, I come in peace... But peace will turn into war again if you hurt her."

"That will never happen."

"Then that's good... Go ahead and call her." Youngbae said while smiling with his eyes.

Jiyong called Dara and asked her to come over the restaurant.