Chapter 18

Then You Came

"Nana Jade, have you seen Dara?" Jiyong asked the old lady after stumbling upon her outside the mansion.

He tried to check if Dara's in the garden after going to her room but he still failed to see her there.

"She told me she'll be out to meet someone."

"At this hour? It's almost 11 in the evening."

"She left after making sure the kids were already sleeping... Maybe at around 9:30... Is there something important you need to tell her?"

"I just wanted to check on the kids' schedule." He lied.

"Do you want me to ask her to go to your workroom once she comes?"

"There's no need Nana... I'll see her tomorrow during breakfast anyway... You can go inside first... I'll stay here outside for a little bit."

"Okay... I'll leave you here now. I have to go and get some rest."

"Goodnight Nana."

"Goodnight."

***********

Jiyong paced back and forth in his room.

"Where did she go at this hour? She didn't even tell me where she'll be going." He said while fiddling with his phone.

"What is it to me if she goes out at this time and who she's with? Why do I have to think about it?" He sat abruptly at the side of his bed.

He ruffled his hair and laid half of his body on the bed, placing his arm on his forehead.

"She's not even your girlfriend... yet. And just to remind you, everything's just pretend... You don't have to act as if you care if no other people's seeing."

He checked his phone only to be annoyed that he still don't have any message coming from her.

"I have the right to worry... What if she's meeting another man? What if crazy paparazzi sees her and another article comes out about it?... It will ruin my plans... I have to text her."

He quickly typed a message for Dara but immediately deleted it after finishing it.

"Why are you panicking Jiyong? It's not like Dara's a kid who can't find her way home... She's a grown up now you stupid." He threw his phone on his bed and closed her eyes.

Image of Dara's sweet innocent smile showed up in his head.

He quickly stood up and shook his head.

"Yah! Am I going crazy now? What's with you Jiyong?" He rushed into the bathroom and washed his face to wake himself.

"You might be tired already... Right? That explains everything... Go and get a decent sleep."

He's already on his way to his bed when he heard his message alert tone. He grabbed it the soonest he heard the first tone to check who it was.

Read Nana Jade's message. She said you want to get the kids' schedule... Sorry, I just got home. Should I go to your work room? - Dara

"Just got home at 12 midnight?" His eyebrows furrowed.

I'm in the work room. Will wait for you. - Jiyong

He immediately run to his work room. He tried for Dara not to see her coming from his bedroom but it was too late. Dara was already halfway up the stairs and she saw him opening his work room.

"Good evening." She bowed.

"More of good morning." He sounded like he's not in a good mood and he's not even sure why he's acting that way. "Come inside the office." He said then walked inside without waiting for her.

"Is it something urgent? Sorry I wasn't here when you arrived." Dara said, feeling Jiyong's mood.

"Nana Jade said you went out at 9:30."

"Yes... I met up with a friend."

"A male friend?"

"Y... Yes." She stuttered, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"At this hour?!" His voice raised.

She was startled hearing Jiyong speak that way.

"I thought it was urgent so I told him I would come... I could have went back soon if you texted me about the kids' schedule."

"It's not about the kids' schedule that I'm being angry about... Don't you have any decency Dara? Meeting with a guy, alone, at this hour... And you immediately ran out after hearing it's urgent... It seemed you were too excited to be with this person."

"Do you think of me that low?" Almost teary eyed, pain registered in her face.

As if Jiyong was slapped by her words, he came to his senses, only too late to take back what he already said.

'What the f#@k is wrong with you Jiyong? What are you really angry about?'

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

She smiled bitterly. "It's fine." A tear fell from her eyes and she immediately wiped it off. "Sorry I wasn't able to tell you where I was going... I'll give you a copy of the kids' schedule for the whole month tomorrow."

She stood up and asked, "Can I go now?"

She looked down to hide the tears that were already flowing down her cheeks.

Jiyong stood up and held her in his arms.

'Why is this woman causing me a rollercoaster of emotions? Why do I feel like I don't want to hurt her but then always end up doing so... Is this still part of my plan?' He asked himself.

"Look. I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to say that... I was just goddamn worried about you... and I didn't like it when I heard you say you were with a guy." The words came out of his mouth naturally.

'What's going on with you Jiyong? This is your plan, right? Why do the words seem like you meant them?' He argued with himself.

He closed his eyes and let his mind control his actions.

His hand automatically went up to touch Dara's hair and started caressing it.

Dara sobbed.

"Sshh..." He tried to hush her. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry."

Dara pressed her forehead on his chest while tears rushed down from her eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you... Yes it was a man I met but it's not the same as what you think it is... It was urgent but not because I was itching to see him or that sort of thing." She said in between sobs.

"I know... And I'm sorry I thought about you that way. I was just..." He stopped mid-sentence.

'Just what Jiyong? Jealous? Come on... Is that what you really feel?' He battled with his inner self.

"... I don't know... but I'm not happy to hear that you met another guy. I'm sorry, okay?"

Dara sniffed.

He kissed her hair.

He cupped her face on his hands and kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry."

'I care about this girl... Yes, I do. This is not an act anymore. It's not because I need her for my plans but because something inside me is telling me she's someone I can't hurt.'

He kissed the tip of her nose.

"Sorry." He said.

'Sorry I planned to use you.'

"Sorry for everything." He moved down and kissed her cheek.

"You told me to think about what I'm feeling." He whispered near her ears. "I know now my true feelings." She kissed her cheek again. "I like you... It may not be as intense as what I felt about Kiko but I really like you Dara." He said.

The words came out not because he needs to say it for his plans to work but because it's his true feelings towards Dara.

"Allow me to know you better... and make this feelings grow more... I like you Dara." He said in a whisper while his lips were touching the side of hers.

Dara closed her eyes, waiting for their lips to touch completely.

Jiyong wiped her tears with his thumb and slowly, he closed the gap between their lips and kissed her gently.

His lips touched hers. He kissed her gently until he can't stop himself any longer, the kiss became deeper.

They were breathless when their lips parted.

"Jiyong, I think I should go now." Dara said, still catching her breath.

"You're right. If you stay here for a few more minutes, I'm not sure if I can still stop myself from doing something else." He said in between kisses.

She pulled herself away and said, "Goodnight."

"Don't make me worried again... Promise me you'll let me know if you'll be going out or if you have to meet someone... especially guys."

"I will... I promise."

Jiyong smiled at her.

"Goodnight." She repeated.

Jiyong gave her another light peck on the lips and said, "Goodnight."