Chapter 39

Then You Came


"Hey, Unnie." Chaerin answered her phone.

"Good morning, Chae. Have you seen your Oppa today?"

"Huh? He probably is in the office." Chaerin pretended she's not aware of Jiyong's plan.

"At this hour? It's already 9 in the evening. I was already able to talk to the twins... he, on the other hand, can't be contacted."

"Might be busy... Is there something you need to tell him?"

"Oh, there's nothing... I just missed him, that's all." She chuckled.

"Unnie..."

"Uhh?"

"Happy Valentine's Day... Sorry we can't be there. Seungri, the twins and I will be having a date tomorrow. We'll treat Kim and Tim out."

"That's nice... Doesn't Seungri have a date?"

"I don't know. He said we'll be his date for tomorrow."

"And your Oppa will go with you?"

"I don't think so... He'll probably spend Hearts' Day in his office."

"I missed all of you." Dara told her as she was feeling guilty thinking Jiyong will be spending his Valentine's Day alone in his office when she'll be out strolling around with a guy.

"Just enjoy what you're doing there, Unnie. Don't worry about the kids. They're doing fine. We're all okay here."

"That's good then. Are you at home?"

"Yes... Just putting finishing touches to my work."

"And Seungri?"

"He's still not home. He said he's meeting his team for an upcoming event."

"He's working hard."

"He's idolizing Jiyong Oppa too much."

"Tell him not to work too much."

"I already told him that a number of times... Please talk to him, Unnie. I think he'll listen if you tell him."

"I'll try."

"Thanks."

"You shouldn't work hard either... It's late... Rest now."

Chaerin scratched her head and laughed. "I guess it runs in our blood."

"You're right... All of you are too hardworking." She snickered.

"And you're not an exception to that." Chaerin commented which made both of them laugh even more.

"I'll try calling your Oppa again. Let me see if he'll answer his phone this time."

"Okay... I'll ask Seungri as well. He probably have seen Oppa in the office."

"Thanks, Chae."

"You're welcome, Unnie. Take care."

"I will... Rest now."

"15 minutes more." Chaerin bargained.

"Alright... Send me pictures of your work."

"Okay."

"Bye now."

"Bye, Unnie."

************

Dara tried calling Jiyong numerous times but didn't get any answer from him.

Normally, if there are missed calls from her, he'll immediately call her once he's already available. This time was different. She waited until 2AM and still didn't receive any call nor message from him.

She fell asleep while holding her phone.

************

~sound of alarm~

"Huh?!" Dara got up abruptly, her eyes batted open while still looking sleepy.

She checked on her phone to check on the time.

..6:02 AM..

She reviewed the messages she received but got disappointed not seeing even a single message from Jiyong.

She tried calling him again to see if she'll be able to reach him this time. She wanted to greet him since it's Valentine's Day and they'll not be able to see each other.

"Still no answer? Jiyong, don't you
want to talk to me?" She frowned.

Dara was about to stand up and head to the shower room when she heard her alert tone. She quickly grabbed her phone from the bed to check who it was.

Good morning, Dara. See you in a few... I'll be in the lobby by 8. - Jaejoong

Dara sighed but told herself that Jiyong was just probably tired because of last night's work.

Good morning. I'll see you in the lobby. - Dara

She threw her phone back to her bed after sending a reply to Jaejoong and headed to the shower room to start preparing.

***********

Jiyong parked his car and excitedly stepped out while hugging a bouquet of red roses.

He intentionally ignored Dara's call for him not to spill his surprise. Taking a flight to Japan at 8PM, he arrived at his hotel at around 11PM.

He was smiling from ear to ear before getting inside the hotel. He has already entered the entrance of the hotel when he saw a familiar face from afar. Dara was stepping out of the elevator and he decided to hide from a huge pillar near the reception area for her not to see him.

He was peeping from time to time to see if she's already near. He was planning to startle her.

But instead of surprising Dara, he was dumbfounded with what he saw next.

Dara walked towards the couch that's on the waiting area. Jiyong saw a man stood up and she waved her hand at him while smiling. He patted her head while Dara was nodding.

Jiyong felt very angry inside. He closed his eyes to calm down and stop himself from attacking the man. He decided to keep himself hidden and let the two leave so he can follow them.

After having a small talk, Dara and Jaejoong headed out to stroll around.

Jiyong followed behind. He forcefully threw the bouquet of flowers he was holding upon passing by a huge trash cart. He kept himself unnoticed by both Dara and Jaejoong.

The two rode a bus. Since Jiyong can't ride the same transportation, he quickly stopped a taxi instead and asked the driver to just follow where the bus was going.

After four bus stops, Dara and Jaejoong stepped off the bus and started walking.

Jiyong also walked behind them after getting out of the taxi, keeping his distance for them not to notice him.

They got inside an art building. It's a museum for art lovers.

After strolling around, Dara and Jaejoong moved to the nearest restaurant to have brunch. They left early and didn't have the chance to have some breakfast.

***********

"Look at this art piece." Jaejoong leaned forward while seated adjacent to Dara for her to see the image on his camera. "They said it took the artist half a year to finish it. Looks magnificent, right?"

"Yes... It looks like something delicate. Something you don't want to touch because you're afraid you might break it."

He smiled as a reply. "Wait, stay still." He told her while leaning forward a little more while extending an arm.

"Why?" Dara asked, frozen as he was a little too near her.

"I have to take this off." He replied while touching her cheek and removing an eyelash that flew on it.

Jiyong became a raging bull upon seeing what Jaejoong did. The view where he was made it seem that he kissed her girlfriend.

He immediately stood up from his seat after forcefully hitting the table with his fists which made people inside the restaurant look at him, including Dara and Jaejoong.

"Jiyong?" Dara exclaimed after seeing him walk towards their direction.

Without a word, he held her by the arm and pulled her out of the restaurant without noticing that he was hurting her.

"Jiyong, you're hurting me." Dara said.

When they got out of the place, Jaejoong stepped in front of him and held Dara's arm that he was gripping tightly and pulled it out of his grasp. He then moved her closer and let her stay behind her.

"I'm sorry, man. I don't know who you are but she's with me." Jaejoong told Jiyong.

Jiyong hissed while balling his hands into fist and was ready to hit Jaejoong in the face but Dara stepped in the middle to stop him.

She gently placed her hand on his chest and spoke, "I know what you're thinking, Jiyong. It's not like that."

He remained glaring at Jaejoong.

"Do you know this man?" Jaejoong asked.

"I'm sorry, Jaejoong." She turned around to meet Jaejoong's questioning look. "I guess we have to postpone our plan. I have to leave. Would you be okay to go back alone?"

"Who is he?" Jaejoong persisted.

"Her boyfriend!" Jiyong replied, still fuming with anger.

"Ji, please... Don't cause any more commotion here." She tried to calm him.

"I have to talk to him... Sorry, Jaejoong."

Jaejoong nodded. "It's fine... But call me if he hurts you."

"He won't. Don't worry." She replied.

She turned back to Jiyong. "Let's talk." She held his hand and was about to walk while pulling Jiyong but he stayed in place.

"Stay away from her or I won't be able to stop myself next time." He threatened.

"Jiyong, that's enough." Dara told him. "I'm really sorry, Jaejoong." She looked at Jaejoong apologetically.

She then put all her strength in pulling Jiyong away.

They rode a cab and headed back to where Dara was staying.

************

"What a way to spend Valentine's Day." Jiyong chuckled bitterly with a grim expression.

They got back to Dara's unit. Jiyong was seated on the couch while she was standing in front of him.

"Ji, I didn't know you were coming." Dara knelt down and placed her hands on his knees.

"Is that why you planned to go out with another man?" With force, he removed her hand on his knees and stood up, looking outside the window that's behind the couch.

Dara stood up and tried to explain. "It wasn't a date. He just invited me to go to some art galleries since we have nothing to do today. He's part of the event I'm participating in."

"Date or not, he's a man and you're a woman! You should have declined the offer!" He raised his voice.

She walked towards him and rubbed his arm. "I'm sorry, Jiyong."

"Sorry?" He faced her and smirked. "That's all that you can say?"

"Ji, I'm apologizing for not telling you ahead of time... But I think there's nothing wrong with me going out with a friend."

"Dara, I immediately took a flight after being on a whole day talk with clients just to be with you on a special day like this... and here you are enjoying yourself with a guy you just met."

"I was trying to call you since yesterday because I wanted to talk to you... You were the one who's not taking my calls."

"Because I wanted to surprise you, DAMMIT!"

"Ji, please. Let's not make this a big deal."

"Huh? Not a big deal? Dara, I'm giving so much effort to make everything work. I've even tried my hardest to avoid texts and calls from Kiko because I know how you'll feel... I'm putting so much effort in this relationship!"

Dara stepped back. "Nobody's forcing you to be in this relationship, Jiyong. If it's hard for you and you feel like going back to HER, I'm not stopping you."

"Hey, why do you have to put that issue back? We're talking about what happened earlier." Jiyong sounded really annoyed.

"You said it yourself, Jiyong. It was hard for you to avoid her. Why? It's because you still feel something for her." She was already crying.

"Stop putting words into my mouth! Isn't it enough that I've chosen you?"

"And you regret doing so?"

"Of course not."

"But that's what I feel your words are trying to convey."

"You know what? This conversation is going nowhere. I'm leaving." He walked past her and headed to the door.

He pulled his phone out from his pocket to call his secretary. "May, book a flight for me today... I'm going back... No more questions. Just do it!" He opened the door and stepped out of the unit, closing the door with force.

Dara didn't follow him. She didn't know what to say.

She's jealous... She's insecure... She hates the fact that she's nothing compared to Kiko... But in the end, she knows the most important thing... SHE LOVES HIM.

Her knees weaken. Slowly, she fell to the ground, knees first.