Chapter 16

Then You Came

Shoot of Kiko's Show

Kiko was browsing the net while waiting for the start of the shoot while drinking a cup of coffee.

Hyoni, the photographer checked on what she was browsing and commented. "Oh! Another news came out about Jiyong Kwon? He's keeping the public updated with his whereabouts, huh?"

Kiko clicked another headline story to avoid seeing Jiyong's pictures but what she clicked was an article about Jiyong's dating spree.

A picture of Jiyong and a familiar face of a woman entering a known restaurant appeared.

"Wah! That's the girl I've seen with him and two kids at the amusement park." Hyoni reacted after seeing the photos.

"You know her?" Kiko asked, making sure not to be noticed that she's taking interest about the topic.

"No, not really. I just saw Jiyong at the amusement park and greeted him. He was with two kids and that girl in the picture."

"They look good together." She pretended to like what she's seeing though she's feeling the opposite way.

"They actually do... It would be nice taking pictures of them for a magazine cover... That would be a total sold out for sure... Does it say if they're dating?" Hyoni asked.

"No it doesn't... It could be just a friendly dinner."

"Well, everyone who's hoping to be noticed by the greatest Bachelor Jiyong Kwon would hope that's true... But when I asked him who she is when I met them at the amusement park, he said he's someone close to the family."

"That's intriguing."

"Right. It is."

"What time are we gonna start the shoot?" Kiko changed the topic.

"The girls are just finishing their hair and make up."

"I see... Let me just check on them." She stood up and went to where the make up team was.

***********

After hearing the story from the resident photographer of the show, Kiko got curious and searched for other news about Jiyong after work.

She was invited to go out to a bar by her rumored boyfriend but she declined saying she's tired.

She made herself busy in front of her laptop, browsing some articles written about Jiyong.

Jiyong Kwon, instant daddy with twins

"Is he a daddy now?" She got curious and read what's in the article.

"Oh my God... Oppa's dead? Why did I miss this news?"

She read more information about Jiyong's brother's death and learned that his twins were left into her ex-boyfriend's custody.

"Jiyong's taking care of Oppa's kids now and handling the business at the same time... How does he manage both alone?"

She clicked on the same article she saw earlier at the shoot and looked carefully at the girl who sat adjacent to where Jiyong was seated. They look like they're having a great time.

"Is she your new girl, Jiyong?" She touched Jiyong's image on the screen.

"Why do I feel jealous seeing you with someone else?... I miss you." She said. Regret can be heard in her voice.

************

"Good morning... Have a seat and take your breakfast before leaving." Dara greeted after seeing Jiyong coming in of the dining area.

She can still remember what happened last night causing her to avoid his stare.

"Did you sleep well last night?" He asked.

She gave him a little smile and said, "Yes... Better than I expected."

"That's good then." He replied then kissed Kim and Tim's forehead before sitting at his usual seat. "I'll help you send the kids to school."

"Really, Papa?" Kim asked with her wide eyes.

"If you finish your food, then I will." She pinched his niece's cheek.

"I'm gonna finish my food and drink my milk, too." She excitedly placed a cut of hotdog in .

"Thank you Papa." Tim simply said.

"I miss you both and I want to spend more time with you." He said, looking at Dara and winked at her.

She blushed but hid it from the kids. She kept herself busy by taking care of the twins' food.

"Wouldn't you be late for work if you send them to school?" Dara asked.

"I am my own boss, remember?"

"Oh, yes... Why did I forget?" She rolled her eyes and slapped her forehead jokingly.

Jiyong chuckled.

"Let me just prepare your coffee." Dara walked inside the kitchen and left them with their meal.

***********

They arrived at Kim and Tim's school and Jiyong went down to send the kids inside.

He made sure both got in their classroom safely before walking out of the building with Dara.

"Let me send you home." He told her.

"Are you kidding? You'll be wasting your time if you do that... I can take the bus. You can go to your office now." She patted his shoulder.

"Let me walk you to the bus stop instead." He offered.

"Fine... If you insist." She said then started walking.

Jiyong jogged towards Dara's side and held her hand.

"This is better." He said.

"I might get used to that Jiyong." She said.

He just looked down.

"Evaluate what your feeling towards me carefully Jiyong... You probably are just mistaking fondness to liking."

He squeezed her hand.

'Your heart really is genuine Dara... My conscience is beginning to eat me whole.'

"Bus is here. Need to go." She said.

She started stepping towards the bus but Jiyong kept his grip on her hand.

"I'm leaving." She shook the hand that he's holding.

"Take care, okay?" He told her.

"Yes, Sir." She replied and crinkled her nose.

He slowly set her hand free and his gaze followed her until she was able to sit inside the bus.

He looked at his hand that held hers.

"I know it's wrong... but why can't I stop?" He whispered.

************

"Good afternoon Mr. Kwon." A man greeted while he was busy with the documents he's reviewing.

Jiyong looked up only to be disappointed to see his bestfriend, SeungHyun.

"I thought it was someone important." He said without any emotion.

"You're becoming heartless bro... Aren't you happy to see me?"

"If I'm not busy with work, I may be able to appreciate you coming to visit." He chuckled.

"Man, you're a monster." He joked. "Brought some refreshments." He took out a bottle of wine from the box he's carrying.

"You know how to catch my attention bro." Jiyong placed his pen down and stood up to hug his friend.

"Tsk Tsk... What kind of friend are you?" SeungHyun complained.

Jiyong laughed. "How was your trip with Bom?"

"It was lovely... I was able to buy a number of antique pieces in Paris. They're going to ship it next week... and I bought you these." Handing a few bottles of wine to Jiyong.

"Thanks bro. I need this." He accepted the package and placed it on the center table before setting himself on the couch.

SeungHyun sat beside him.

"How's Bom?" He asked.

"She's preparing for the opening of a new branch of her clothing line by next month."

"Both of you are busy couple, huh?"

"But still can't be compared to you... Bom told me about the article she read this morning."

"About what?" He was clueless.

"You haven't read?... There's a picture of you and the girl you were with at our reunion. What's her name again?... Dara, right?"

"What's the article about?" He asked even though he's already hinting it's about last night's dinner.

"You were spotted entering a known hotel and having dinner with her at a restaurant at the same venue... What's that all about?"

"I brought her there for dinner." He replied.

"There's more to that Jiyong... I know you. You don't bring girls where you'll catch attention."

"It was your idea." He said.

"What do you mean MY IDEA?"

"I thought you're idea would be effective to get Kiko's attention... So I made it a point that paparazzi would be able to catch the date I had last night."

"Does she know about your plan?"

Jiyong shook his head.

"You're leading her on and you'll let her fall to the ground in the end?!! I did not suggest that Jiyong... I mean, by the looks of Dara, she's so innocent. She even helped you get over the night at the party avoiding Kiko... Why her?... Or why not tell her about your plans? I'm sure she'll agree to help you."

"If I ask her and she declines, I don't know anyone else who can help me without taking advantage of the situation... Now, if she agrees to act as my girlfriend, I know it won't appear as normal... It would look awkward."

"So you're lying to her now... Making her feel that you really like her? And then what? What's gonna happen if she falls for that crazy idea you have?"

"I still don't know... But breaking up should just be an easy option."

"An easy option? Can you hear yourself Jiyong?"

"I've often done that in the past... After playing around with girls, I say goodbye to them."

"Those are party goers you're talking about Jiyong... Girls who gets thrilled with those kind of things... But you know Dara's different... You're playing with that innocent girl."

"I know, I know... My conscience is already yelling at me... But a portion of my mind's telling me not to stop... that this should work out... to have Kiko back."

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you bro."

"Please don't tell anyone about it... Not even to your girlfriend... I beg you, man."

SeungHyun stared at his desperate friend.

"Fine... I won't tell her. But be gentle with that girl's feelings. She looks delicate."

"Thanks bro."

"Don't thank me... I don't agree with you using Dara for your plans... I will be quiet but I won't back you up if anything happens."

"I understand."