Chapter 51

Then You Came

Dara was seated on the bedside, running her fingers through Jiyong's hair and studying every details of his face.

Feeling the touch on his hair, his eyes slowly batted open.

She gave him her sweetest smile after seeing he's awake. "Good morning." She said.

"Hey..." Jiyong looked around, confused of what's happening. 'Is this a dream?'

"Do you want me to bring your breakfast here?" She asked while caressing his cheek.

He sat up abruptly and pinched his arm.

"What are you doing?" Dara's eyebrows furrowed.

"Trying to distinguish reality from a dream?"

"Huh?"

He extended his arm and reached for her face. He gently run his fingers on it, touching every details, from her eyes to her lips. "This is real, right?"

Dara chuckled. "Of course... You're acting weird, Ji."

He shook his head. "I woke up and the first thing I saw was your lovely smile... You were smiling at me... You weren't looking at me with hate." He told her, still looking confused.

Instead of replying, she gave him a quick kiss on his lips. "I'm just trying to wake my prince charming up." She said and enclosed him in his arms. "I'm sorry, Ji... I was selfish... I thought I was the only one hurting... but you were as well."

"Oh God... This is real." He said, sliding his arms around her waist.

"It was wrong for me to just ran away like that without clarifying things with you... I was too eaten up with the pain... I was scared to feel more of it if I talk about that plan with you."

He caressed her hair and kisses it. "You weren't gonna feel that way if it wasn't for me... Don't blame yourself."

"We could have ended breaking up because of my stupid selfishness." Her shoulders started to shake, tears racing down her cheeks.

Jiyong pulled away and cupped her cheeks with his hands, wiping her tears with his thumb. "You still love me, right?"

While her lips were trembling, she nodded. "So much, Ji... I never stopped loving you... I couldn't remove you from my thoughts." She said in between sobs. "Sorry this has to happen."

Jiyong started to shed tears as well. "God, thank you." He whispered, giving her a long kiss on her forehead. "I love you so much, My Love... Let's forget about everything and start anew, hmm?"

Still crying, a smile formed on her lips. "Sorry, Ji."

"I'm sorry, too." He told her.

"Kiko was here earlier... She made me realize a lot of things. She made me realize I can't live without you... Without your love." She sniffed.

"The twins were here as well last night... They talked to me about what Minzy and Dae told them... about why you have to act that way."

"God has used them as instruments for us to realize things... They pulled us out from drowning in our own emotions."

"Let's both promise each other we'll discuss things and never keep secrets, okay?"

Dara nodded.

He kissed her temple and started drying her tears.

She did the same and it made them both chuckle.

"No more misunderstanding?"

"No more... I love you, Ji." She looked at him with so much love.

"You don't know how much I longed for this... Last night wasn't enough to fill up what we've missed." Jiyong teased, putting his lips on the top of her nose for a light kiss.

She crinkled her nose and smiled.

"I missed that smile." He said while looking at her lips.

He touched it with his thumb. "I missed feeling this soft lips with mine." He looked at her eyes before bending his head to let his lips touch hers.

Dara closed her eyes and savored the moment. Their lips touched.

It started with a light one until they hunger for more. The kiss became deeper... it became more passionate.

Jiyong held the back of her head to keep her closer while Dara's hands ran up his nape where she clasped them together.

They were both breathless when their lips parted.

"I won't get tired of tasting your sweet lips, My Love." He said in his breath.

She gave him a quick kiss on his lips, teasing.

They're lips touched again and ended up kissing passionately the second time.

"Ji..." She called, gently pushing him by his chest.

"Hmm?" He was giving her light kisses on her lips.

"Lets go down and play with the kids... They're swimming at the pool."

She smiled as Jiyong gave him a pout.

She stood in front of the bed and pulled him by his arm. "Come on... It would be nice to have a dip on the pool with them... I'll prepare your breakfast and bring it there."

He smiled and pointed his lips.

"What?"

He pursed his lips, asking for another kiss.

She chuckled but gave in to his request. She lightly kissed his lips. "Now, go on and prepare yourself for swimming... I'll go down and prepare your food." She walked away but Jiyong pulled her arm.

He slid his hands around her waist and placed his head on her tummy. "I love you." He told her.

Dara smiled and tapped his head. "I love you, too." She said and bent down to kiss his hair.

He stood up from the bed and gave her a quick hug and a kiss on her cheek before running towards the shower room. Before completely closing the door, he peeped his head and winked at her. "See you at the pool side." He said and closed the door.

Dara chuckled while shaking her head. Her heart was full of happiness that they're already back to how they used to be.

She stepped out of the room with a big smile on her lips.

************

"Hey, Minzy." Dara started while watching the kids and Jiyong play in the water.

"Oh, Unnie." The girl on the other line spoke. "You've called."

"I just want to thank you and Daesung." She told her.

She was biting her thumb.

"What for?" Minzy asked.

"For what you've done... Jiyong and I are okay now."

"Really?!" She sounded so excited. "Dae would be happy to know about that."

"Where is he?"

"At Youngbae Oppa's studio."

"And you?"

"I'm heading out... I have a class to teach."

"Dancing?"

"Uh huh."

"You happy with what you're doing?"

"I am, Unnie... So much."

"For as long as your happy, then I'll support that... Just don't forget your studies, alright?"

"Of course I won't."

"And don't forget us when you get famous." Dara chuckled.

"Yah! Are you being sentimental again?" Minzy reacted.

"It just feels like both you and Daesung are growing up so fast, you're making decisions on your own now... And I know I shouldn't hinder you with what would make you happy... But I'm just afraid that if you both become so drawn to what you're being busy with, you might end up forgetting about us?"

Minzy chuckled. "You're thinking way too ahead of time, Unnie... We're just both starters... And who said we'll forget about you guys... Whatever happens, we're family."

"That's a relief." Dara smiled.

"Are you with Oppa?"

"They're swimming at the pool."

"Then you shouldn't be calling me right now, Unnie. Spend more time with Oppa... So many times were wasted. You both need to catch up to the lost moments." Minzy sounded like an adult talking.

"You sounded like an Ajhumma." Dara teased.

"Yah! You're so mean, Unnie." She complained.

Dara laughed. "I was just kidding... I love you my little sister."

"I love you more, Unnie... Now go and enjoy swimming."

"Take care on your way to your dance class, okay?"

"Now who's the real ajhumma? Being sentimental and all that?" Minzy back.

They both laughed at her comment.

"Got to go Unnie... Love yah."

"Love you a lot... Take care... Bye."

"Annyeong."

Then the call ended.

She looked at her phone before walking to the table near the pool to place it down. She took her robe off and dipped into the water to join Jiyong and the twins.

***********

"I'm still worried about the kids, Love."

They were in the garden, enjoying the night breeze. Jiyong's arm was placed on Dara's shoulders while her head was rested on his chest.

"Everything will be alright... God has his plans."

"I had that woman investigated and what we've learned is not something we have to just ignore.

"What do you mean?"

"She's with a man who has a bad profile?"

"Huh?"

"He has a record with the police for illegal possession of a weapon and also has been connected with underground deals."

Dara lifted her head and looked at Jiyong with worry visible on her face. "You should use that in court... It's gonna be helpful to win the custody of the kids... She might put the twins in danger."

"That's why we've increased security around them... Our lawyer said we just need to gather more information about her relationship with that man for it to be a strong offense against them."

"Do we have enough proof?"

"Almost."

"Then that's good, right?"

"Yes... But we can never be too at ease not until we get a restraining order for her to come near the kids."

"You've got the best security in the country, Ji... And we both are here to protect them."

He nodded and gave her a smile.

"The twins are growing up fast... Even the kids in the orphanage are... Especially Minzy and Dae."

Jiyong sighed and pulled her closer to him. "Time flies so fast we'll not notice it's gonna be our own kids we're worrying about."

"Not too fast Mr. Kwon." She chuckled.

"What if we have another twins... Then that's gonna be four of them... Then what if it's another twins next... That's gonna be chaos." He laughed.

"You're thinking way ahead, Ji." She smiled.

He kissed her hair. "I love you."

"I love you, too." She faced him and gave him a quick kiss on his lips.

"Oh, I almost forgot... Next week's gonna be Chae's fashion presentation, right?"

"Yes... Should we bring the kids with us?"

"They might not enjoy it... They're still too young for that. And besides, it's gonna be past their sleeping hours."

"You're right."

"Their Nannies are gonna be here to take care of them."

"Kim's asking to go back to Jeju... She was saying it the whole time during breakfast... Tim on the other hand would like to go to the amusement park."

"Should we fulfill their wishes?"

"They'd be so happy if we do."

"Maybe after Chae's event."

"I'll let them know."

"Why do I feel like you're as excited as the kids?" Jiyong chuckled.

She looked at him and grinned. "I just missed going on a trip with the three of you."

He touched the tip of her nose. "How's your migraine?"

"A lot better... No... not just better. I feel awesome." She told him.

"Maybe you're really just missing me too much and your head was filled with too much thought of me that's why."

"Uuhhh... Maybe?"

"Oh, I'm sure it is the reason why." He said proudly.

"Fine... I admit." She pretended surrendering.

He showered her with kisses on her cheek while smiling. He couldn't help it. His happiness about being with her is just overloading.

"Let's go back inside... You still have to go to the office tomorrow."

He stood up and pulled her up as well.

While walking on the patio, an idea came up in Jiyong's head. "Jiyong's fingers activated." He said and started poking Dara's side where she always feels ticklish.

"Yah! Jiyong! Stop it." She reacted between her laughter. She was running, trying to escape from Jiyong but he was persistent in poking her and tickling her more.

They got inside the mansion and it was filled with their laughter.

"Jiyong Kwon, enough!" Dara faced him, trying to keep a straight face, avoiding a smile to form on her lips.

He stopped and stared at her while smiling widely.

"Let's both go to bed now." She still acted serious.

He gave her a salute. "Yes, Ma'am."

Dara cracked up again because of his poker face. "Let's stop this silliness, Ji... My tummy's full of gas now." She said, laughing.

"You're the boss." He said, also laughing.

"Goodnight." She said.

They were already in front of her room.

"Not sleeping in my room?"

"Nah ah." She shook her head. "Not a chance."

He pouted.

"You think that's gonna work?"

He shook his head.

"Good." She smiled.

"Goodnight." He said.

She tiptoed to kiss her on his lips. "See you tomorrow... We'll tell the kids about the good news?"

He nodded.

"Yes." She ed her elbow in the air.

"Get inside now before I carry you to my room."

"Goodnight." She slowly closed the door. "Goodnight." Looking at him on the open space of the door. "Goodnight." She said with only a few centimeter of door open. "Goodnight." She still spoke even if the door was already closed.

"Crazy." Jiyong told her. "Goodnight... Love you."

"I love you more Mr. Kwon." She said loudly.

He placed his hands in the pocket of his shorts, smiling from ear to ear while walking towards his room.

---♡♡---