Chapter 14

Then You Came

Breaking News:

Known Bachelor and Businessman Jiyong Kwon got engaged in a fight with Supermodel Kiko Mizuhara's rumored boyfriend. Is there a meaning to it?

"What did you do this time Jiyong?" SeungHyun asked over the phone.

"Didn't do anything... They were the one who started." Jiyong explained.

"I even saw pictures of a hooded girl at the bar who charged Kiko's rumored boyfriend."

Jiyong laughed remembering how Dara looked that night.

"There's nothing funny man."

"Sorry... I just remembered that hooded girl."

"So you know who she was?"

"That's Dara... She came to drag me home that night since Bom and you were away."

"What?!!"

"Chaerin asked her to do it."

"See how you're bothering everyone?" SeungHyun stated.

"Stop scolding me like you're your girlfriend... I already had enough after talking to Bom and Chaerin."

"They already called you?"

"Yes. Earlier this morning... and my ears almost bled from too much scolding... so please bro... I already know I made a mistake... stop making me realize it again and again."

"Talk to Kiko for ones bro... If you want to properly end everything between the two of you and remove that heavy feeling, talk to her."

"But what if I want to have her back, bro?" Jiyong said while playing with his pen on the table.

SeungHyun was taken aback by what his bestfriend said, he wasn't able to answer.

"I think I want her back SeungHyun... I still want her."

"You sure about that feeling?"

"That's what I felt after I saw the news that she's dating another man."

"Aish! Then why not pursue her again?"

"How could I when she already has someone else."

"You're Jiyong Kwon bro... The person who gets what he wants. Remember you were even able to have a woman who's already engaged with someone else?"

"Those were just for fun... This time, it's serious."

"But I think Kiko still feels the same way."

"You think so?"

"Not exactly sure about that but I think so."

"But I don't want to be rejected again."

"Why not provoke her to go back to you instead?"

"Huh?"

"Show her you're also in love with someone else... Girl's are weak. If she still wants you, she'll find a way to show you she still likes you after seeing you with another girl."

"Will that work?"

"It should."

"Aahh!! Not sure of that plan bro."

"I tell you, it should work... It's a test for you to see if she still wants you."

"Just a minute bro, my secretary's calling."

Jiyong placed SeungHyun on mute and spoke with his secretary.

He was told he has a visitor.

"I'll talk to you later bro. My secretary told me the kids are here."

"Okay... But think about the plan I told you bro."

"I will... Say hi to Bom for me."

"Alright... Be safe."

"You, too."

Then they ended their conversation.

After a few minutes, the twins and Dara entered his office with enthusiasm.

A thought sparked in Jiyong's head upon seeing Dara's smile.

'Could SeungHyun's plan really work?'

He was pulled from his thoughts when both Kim and Tim hugged him.

"Sorry to bother you... They insisted to visit you here. They have not seen you the whole week." Dara explained.

"That's fine... I'm not busy anyway... How's your head? Don't you feel dizzy? Does your head still hurt?"

"I'm as strong as a bull so don't worry about me." She chuckled.

"Well, that's good... Are you heading somewhere?"

"We're planning to go to the amusement park... with your permission."

Jiyong looked at the kids and placed them on his lap. "Do you want Papa to go with you?" He asked the kids.

A look of amusement filled the twins' face after hearing what he said.

"Aren't you busy, Papa?" Tim asked.

"I can find time if it's for both of you." He gave them a kiss on their forehead.

"Yehey... We'll go to the amusement park and Papa's gonna go with us." Kim rejoiced.

"Don't you have a meeting today?" Dara asked.

"I don't have any scheduled meeting... I was just checking on some files but it can wait." He winked at her.

"The kids would love that."

"Let me just change to a more comfortable clothes before we go." He said, placed the kids down and entered another room in his office.

When he came out, he was already wearing a plain white shirt, a pair of pants and sneakers.

"I didn't notice you were also wearing white." Jiyong said after noticing what Dara was wearing.

"Should I change? I have extra shirt in the car." Dara asked.

"No, no... It's fine... It looks like we're wearing a couple shirt... plus the kids... we look like a happy family." He smiled at her causing Dara to blush.

"More of I'm the chaperone and you're out for a stroll." She pouted to remove the awkward feeling.

Jiyong laughed. "Shall we?"

Dara nodded.

He scooped Kim in his arms while Dara held Tim's hand.

"Who's driving for you?" Jiyong asked while they were in the elevator.

"I drove the car." Dara answered.

"You should have brought a driver with you. Can you handle the two on your own if I didn't come with you?"

"They're not stubborn kids not like someone I know." She looked at him and wiggled her eyebrows. "They listen well so I know it shouldn't be a problem."

"Who could that stubborn someone be?" Jiyong asked Kim and she pointed at him as a reply.

Tim chuckled at her sister's response.

"See... Even the kids know who's stubborn." Dara said and immediately walked out of the elevator when it opened.

"Ajhumma gets crazy at times." He told Kim.

"But we all love her." Kim replied and smiled at him.

"I wanna go down Papa. I'll chase after them." The little girl said.

"Okay... But be careful. Don't run too fast."

Kim left him behind and followed her brother and Dara.

'Dara's the best person to act as my girlfriend... She's close with the kids so it should be a plus for the plan... Should I tell her about the plan or should I just act naturally?... I think I should just go with the flow without her knowing. It would look more natural.' He decided.

************

The kids totally enjoyed the activities they've done. They've rode a number of rides, played arcade and different games and enjoyed eating.

They were resting and having a meal at a restaurant when someone approached them.

Dara was busy helping the twins with their food.

"Jiyong? The Jiyong Kwon?" A woman asked.

Jiyong smiled at her in response.

"Remember me? I'm Hyoni... Hyoni Kang... I took your photos for one of your magazine photo shoot."

"Yes... How can I forget. The one themed black and white."

"You still remember... I was just a rookie back then." Hyoni smiled. "I just thought I should greet you... Your kids?" She asked, looking at Kim and Tim.

"My niece and nephew."

"Are they twins?"

"Yes, they are."

"Aww... so cute... And she probably is your..." Hyoni looked at Dara.

Dara was about to tell her who she is but Jiyong was quick to answer the question.

"She's someone close to the family." He said.

'Why say that instead of babysitter?' Dara looked at Jiyong, confused.

"I bet you're busy with different projects now." Jiyong said.

"Luckily, I was chosen to be one of the photographers for the reality model search Model made in Korea."

'This is getting better. Luck is on my side. That's the show Kiko is hosting.' Jiyong thought.

"Good for you." He said.

"Thanks... I should be going. I might have disturbed your meal."

"Not really... I'm looking forward to working with you again if given the chance." He told her.

"That would be a pleasure... Have my card just in case you would need someone like me." She smiled and handed a card to Jiyong.

"I'll take a note of that."

Hyoni bowed at Jiyong and Dara and left.

Dara was about to ask him about how he introduced her to the photographer but decided not to make it a big deal anymore.

************

Jiyong stopped the car in front of the mansion. He was about to tell Dara not to wake the kids anymore but a smile formed on his lips after seeing her soundly sleeping beside her.

"You keep telling me you'll drive since I might be tired... Who's tired now?" He whispered and stared at Dara's sleeping form.

He carefully tucked the hair that's covering her face in her ear.

'I'm sorry I have to use you to have Kiko back... You're the only person who can help me.' He silently told her while rubbing her cheek with his finger.

Dara felt someone touching her cheek, her eyes fluttered open.

"Wake up sleepy head. We're here now." Jiyong said, smiling at her.

"Really?" She stretched. "Sorry, I fell asleep."

"That's fine... Let's bring the kids to their room now. Can you carry Kim?"

She nodded, opened the door, stepped out of the car and stretched her arm while yawning.

"It was a busy day, huh?"

"It was fun playing with the kids." She crinkled her nose.

"I enjoyed it, too... I didn't think it would be that fun."

"You made the kids happy... so happy today." She gave him a thumbs up.

They brought the kids to their room. Dara cleaned them with wet towel and changed their clothes while Jiyong was just watching her carefully taking care of the twins.

"Aren't you going to rest yet?"

"After you finish taking care of the kids... Let's just go out together."

Dara shrugged and continued with what she was doing.

They went out together after making sure the twins were securely lying on bed.

***********

"Dara..." Jiyong called while in front of his room.

She was walking ahead, already on her way down the stairs.

"Yes?" She stopped and looked back where Jiyong was.

Jiyong walked near her and hugged her without prior notice.

"Thank you for taking care of the kids... for making sure they're always okay... And sorry for bothering you all the time with my stubborness." He said.

'Sorry I have to use you just to have Kiko back.'

He hugged her tighter before releasing her.

"You're acting so weird right now... You realize that, right?" Dara looked puzzled.

Jiyong chuckled. "It's just my random self.

"Bring that random self of yours to sleep... It's giving me goosebumps." Dara patted his arm and headed down the stairs.

Jiyong waited for her to be out of sight before entering his room.