Prologue

Then You Came

My little brother, I'm sorry I let you handle mom and dad's business alone... I know how disappointed you are to me. I am always a disappointment to our family.

After mom and dad died, I didn't come back coz I felt like I can't face you anymore... I'm a useless big brother.

I'm sorry.

While you're reading this letter, I'm already gone.

I have a favor to ask though... I know this is too much but I have no one else to trust but you.

Please take care of my two angels, Kim and Tim. They're two loveable cherubs. They're both 5 years old... Yes, they're twins.

Don't ask about their mother. She left us when Tim and Kim are just babies and she never came back.

Again, I'm sorry my little brother. I love you from the bottom of my heart... Thank you for accepting my babies.

Jiyong wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.

His brother that he didn't meet for years is now gone.

What's saddening is that he didn't get the chance to tell him he's not mad and tell him how much he really missed him.

Darius took care of him when they were young. He used to save his from their parents whenever he gets into trouble. He would punch those kids who often bully him. But he got pressured with their parents' expectations that he can't meet thus making him leave the mansion, leaving him with the obligation that he was supposed to handle.

"You left me before Darius... and I thought you'll come back for me... But now you're leaving me again... this time, it's for good... with another obligation to shoulder." He looked up to stop the tears from falling.

"God, I missed you bro... You didn't even let me see you for the last time." He took a deep breath and dried the tears on his cheeks.

He folded the piece of paper that holds the hand written letter of his brother and placed it in his pocket. He knew he's still not ready for another responsibility but he can't back out from his brother's last request.

He looked at the two kids who's standing in front of him.

They were waiting for him to talk.

He squatted for his height to be at par with the kids.

"Your name's Tim and Kim, right?" He asked.

The kids nodded.

"Who's who?" He forced smiled.

"My name's Kimberly."

"And I'm Timothy."

The kids answered consecutively.

"From now on, you'll both live with Uncle, okay? Your father's still gonna watch over us but we won't be able to see him anymore."

"Papa said he'll be up there to guide us." The girl said.

"That's right. He'll protect you from up there while I, Uncle Jiyong, will make sure both of you are okay. Is that alright?" He pinched the girl's cheek.

The boy hugged him and so did the girl.

"Can we call you Papa?" The boy asked.

Jiyong hesitated.

The girl pulled from the hug and looked at him, her face just inches away from his.

"You look like our father... Calling you Papa will make us feel like we didn't lose him." She said with her pleading eyes.

"Fine, you can call me Papa." He said, having no choice but to agree.

The boy hugged him tighter and Jiyong felt warm liquid flowing down his neck.

"Sshhh... Don't worry... Uncle's not gonna leave you both alone. I'm here."

The girl started crying, too.

"Hey... Please, don't cry. I'll be here. Papa Jiyong's gonna be here so you have nothing to be afraid of." He rubbed the back of the two kids.

"Listen..." He gently pulled from the hug to look at the two kids who were still crying. "I know it's hard for you that your father's no longer around... and it's hard for me, too. But we have to accept it... Okay? I will make sure that both of you will have everything you need... No more crying?"

They both nodded.

"That's good... Now we have to find a Nanny for both of you... Come." He held the hand of Tim and Kim and guided them to sit on the couch that's inside his office.

"Just sit there while I try to sort things out, okay? Are you guys hungry? Have you eaten lunch?" He started to feel the pressure.

"We haven't eaten yet." Tim answered.

"Oh, alright... So, I'll call my secretary and ask her to bring you food... Yes, that's what I'm gonna do first." He paced back and forth in front of the kids while thoughts are jumbled in his head.

He walked towards his table, grabbed the phone and pressed the speed dial number of his secretary.

"May, I need you to come in here now... As in now." He said in an urgent tone and quickly hang up the phone.

The door in his office opened and Gene's secretary appeared.

"May, please order food for these kids and find a Nanny for them?"

"Sir?"

"Wasn't I clear with what I said?... Order food for The kids and find a Nanny for them. I need to have an available Nanny before the end of the day."

"But Sir... how will I get a Nanny before the end of the day?" His secretary asked.

"Find ways... Call all the agencies available... I need a Nanny asap."

"I'll try my best Sir."

"You should... Now, bring food for these kids. They're probably starving."

"What food should I order, Sir?"

"I don't know! What do kids normally eat... Should it be my problem, too?" He was losing his patience.

"I'm sorry Sir... I'll just ask the kids instead." His secretary answered.

"I need a cup of coffee, too." He said when the kids were finished saying what they want.

"Yes Sir... Anything else?"

"None... But I need you to do what I've asked you to do... You know me when I don't get what I need." He sat on his swivel chair and turned it around to look outside the window.

"I will Sir." His secretary answered before leaving the room.

Jiyong closed his eyes and thought of his brother.

"What will I do with two kids, Darius? How will I take care of them?" He took a deep breath and side-glanced at the two kids who were silently sitting on the couch.

"I can't handle this." He whispered to himself.