>> Amor Vincit Omnia

Heart, Mind & Seoul Reviews Archive
The brightest star will shine the most no matter how many others there are.
 
tumblr_nw4teksc4H1uyv6eso1_1280.png
 
navigation
 
 
 
 
 
Review
 
tumblr_n64jx9w5SE1tszfipo1_500.gif
Amor Vincit Omnia

BY ChorusoftheSong

 

 

CHARACTERS · SEVENTEEN's Wonwoo (centric), Mingyu, Seungcheol, Jeonghan

STATUS · Ongoing

DESCRIPTION· Wonwoo's not looking for love, but it follows him in the form of a tall, uncoordinated and struggling student named Kim Mingyu. Mingyu is an entity on his own, with his silver hair, questionable humour, and a tendency to break things and the people around him. Wonwoo can't stand him.

He's not looking for love, really, but it finds him anyway.

>>STORY LINK<<

 


story title: 5/5
OMG!!! The title is unique and captivating. Using Latin instead of English, makes your story stand out of the crowd of all stories. Is it cliché? Well yeah.. it is.. But because of the Latin translation it gives your story that little extra something. As for now, I do think the title will fit the story well. I can't quite determinate it yet, as we only have 5 chapters so far.. Well done!
description, foreword & tags: 9/10
DESCRIPTION
As we first take a look at the description, i love how you take a part of your story to start us off.. It makes us linger to read more about. It's a very simple technique to draw the attention to your story. Off course, depending on which part of your story you use, you will get more views and reactions. It gives us enough information to start us off. Well done!

FOREWORD
The foreword is used to give us a more general intake on the story. I do like the second part of the foreword very much! There's again a dialogue from the story present.. Although, I didn't encounter that one in the chapters yet.. so I'm very excited to read on! I wouldn't have done it otherwise

TAGS
The tags that you have used describe all characters present in the story. That's a good start, but maybe add like fluff romance and such as well to your tags. You know that the tags are used as search criteria if someone wants to read a particular genre, your story will be present and visible as well. Your story definitely deserves it!

appearance - graphics: 4/5, display: 5/5
GRAPHICS
Because of the fluffiness of your story, actually the poster fits the story perfectly. I like the poster with the butterflies and the meanie couple in the center. It does express the feelings of the story very well. A bright and light poster is just right kind of poster this story needs. I'm so grateful to you that you used babyblue as background color. It's easy on the eyes and doesn't disturb you while reading the story and compliments the poster in the process.

Also the overall appearance is very neat and that's good. No need to have a chaos in the overall look of your story. It does give you a relaxed feeling. Well done!

DISPLAY
The font that you have used is large enough to read your story without getting a headache, you kept it very simple and uncomplicated. That's sometimes the best way to display your story.

characterisation: 8/10
As we are only 5 chapters far in your story, I will try to do my best for the characterisation. Let's start at the beginning.

MAIN CHARACTERS
Seungcheol
Also known as S.Coups, leader of Seventeen. He is like this sweet clumsy guy, who's head over heals in love with the fairytale guy Jeonghan. He does drag everyone with him not to be alone with the love of his live as stupid things are bound to happen. This can be sometimes so bad, that it annoys his best friend/Roommate Wonwoo. He attends the same his friend Wonwoo. He is a law major such as his crush. As for now, there are no major changes yet. So he stays very consistent. But again, we only have 5 chapters so.. a lot can happen as we continue your story. I'm counting on it! He is so funny, that you already can predict that things will go sideways (but the good kind of sideways).

Wonwoo
Is the most down-to-earth one of all. He's not into all the lovey dovey stuff. Unfortunately he's been victimized by one of his only friends/roommate to become the wingman and to be dragged around whenever it suits Seungcheol. He's the straight A student, with few or no friends. He is the socially awkward one. He doesn't' know how to be behave when this super cute guy starts to give him compliments. Again, we are not that far yet in the story, but with this guy, you can see little changes in his character and behaviour yet. He is still very hesitant towards lovey dovey stuff, but maybe someone or someone can change that. He is actually the center of the story. But for now he does play a side role next to Seungcheol.

SIDE CHARACTERS
Jeonghan
With his mesmerising fairytale look, he's able to woo the crowd very easily and attract a lot of attention. He's the major crush and love of Seungcheol. We already get a sneak peek of his character as this is not yet developed to his fullest. One of the reasons is that we are still in the beginning of the story. And your main focus is on Wonwoo and partially on Seungcheol as well. I do think Jeonghan can be this very sweet caring guy who actually secretly loves the clumsy Seungcheol and the attention he gets. We also know that apparently he is also majoring in Law School, this is because we already had one particular scene in the library where he and Seungcheol and Wonwoo are studying. As Wonwo is majoring in another course than Lawsuit, it's Jeonghan and Seungcheol who are enjoying the study session the most. So for now, I'm going to leave it at that. I'm very anticipating to get to know more about him. He is rather consistent for now, no major changes yet.

Soonyoung
He is friends with both Seungcheol and Wonwoo. He's also the one as we read on, who keeps both of them together. He knows them both and knows what's going on their lives. He's a dance major, so completely different from his friends. He seems to me a very bubbly and a very bright personality.

Mingyu
He's the mysterious friend of Jeonghan. He is a very vivid person with a very bubbly and bright personality such as Soonyoung. He doesn't care what anybody thinks about him. He is super cute and super sweet. As he only entered the story recently, we don't know that much about him yet. Only that he managed to knock Wonwoo of his sockets and catch him off guard.

I do hope we will get to see more about all characters. Again, we are still in the beginning of the story, so a lot can happening between now and then. FIGHTING, you're doing a great job so far!

plot: 17/20
While the plot is quite cliché, you did try your best so far to make your story very interesting. It can be realistic, why not. This is a typical school themed story, and as you know a lot can happen during highschool and uni. Most of the excited things happen during that time. If you choose to go with a rather cliché theme, it's up to you to find a way to still keep interesting for your readers. I can only imagine what pressure that has to bring with you. It won't be as easy to write this story in comparison to another with a very unique concept. So far in the story, I'm still very excited to read on. So for that only, you did already a great job in keeping your readers intrigued and interested in your story! Don't give up and keep on writing! I love it! :) I'm curious about what you still have kept behind for us.
consistency/flow: 9/10
Against all odds, your story is moving at a very convenient and consistent pace. We have to the time to take everything in and follow the story very easily. The transition to another is flawless and not at all choppy. Because of your writing style, is very easy going story! I love your writing style!! Try to keep this ongoing flow in your story and it will turn out perfectly!
grammar, spelling & punctuation: 15/15
Well to be honest, believe it or not, I couldn't find any major not even a minimal mistake in your story. I even read your story again to be sure, I didn't miss one. All tenses are used correctly and the commas and speech marks are also used in the correct way. I did noticed some very interesting words, that aren't used very often but do fit in the content of this story. Your English writing is actually of high standard. Even for me, for whom English is like my third or fourth language, I'm not even able to use such educated words even if I would try :) I love writing reviews and reading and must be honest that my English did improve. But still, wow you are something alright! Well done! Keep up the good work, i like your writing style and love how you intrigue me with the words.
structure: 5/5
Paragraphs are essential in a story – and you are using them. It's good to use paragraphs than only one chunk of text. It makes your story easier to read and to follow. It allows you to "breath" between the lines. I rather prefer chapters that are structured than just a complete text where you don't see the end of it. Again, it's off course up to the authornim, to introduce paragraphs to the chapters of not. It also gives a more cleaner and better visual of the chapters.
readers' response: 3/5
These are your stats
16 upvotes
169 subs
2780 views
25 comments

Looking at your stats, you see that your story has a lot of potential and is on its way to get very popular. I do regret that you don't have more readers subscribing to your story. You have a lot more views than subs. It would be great if they also support you by giving you a "vote" (as in subscribing to your story) I wouldn't change anything, just go for it and you will get there. That's also something that all the commenters are thinking about when leaving you a comment with their thoughts. I do like all the support you get from us as readers. And by the looks of your comment, you also take your time to properly answer them. You are very quick in responding. I left also a comment on your story and only a few minutes later you already replied to me. Again, don't give up and go for it! This story is so adorable and too cute not be featured once! FIGHTING!

overall enjoyment: 10/10
The level of enjoyment the reviewer had from reading your story.As you already noticed, I'm absolutely in love with this story and already addicted to it. I was very cautious with this story as it is my first time reading a story with one of my favorite rookie groups at this moment. Also because I'm not very acquainted yet with their names. So i did a little research before I started to read your story, to know the characters in the story at least by face. And you picked my favorites ones of the group, i do have others but those are also considered one of my favorite ones. I love your writing style, such a light yet intriguing writing and use of words. It's a very light and bubbly story. I will definitely continue reading this story! I want to know what happens next!

 

total grade: 90/100

 

notes
DATE REQUESTED: 03/01/2016
 
DATE COMPLETED: 10/01/2016
 
REVIEWER: StephLovesKCulture
 
COMMENTS: First of all, I loved loved loved your story and will continue reading it. Secondly, I'm so sorry for the long wait, I would have completed the review earlier but due to circumstances I wasn't able to.
 
REMINDER
Please remember to comment when you have picked up. Please also credit the shop AS WELL AS the reviewer. If there are any problems, please contact the owener or the reviewer via PM.