>> Listen to the Waves

Heart, Mind & Seoul Reviews Archive
Untitled-2.png
LISTEN TO THE WAVES
BY MinnieCrafts
CHARACTERS. Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Min Yoongi

STATUS. Completed

DESCRIPTION. When Taehyung gets caught spying on Jungkook at a resort, he never imagined it to lead into a summer romance like the ones in the movies.

>>STORY LINK<<

Story title. 4/5

I can see where the title comes from, considering Jungkook likes to and look and listen to ocean everyday (and Taehyung likes to look at him hehe). To be honest though, I don't find it very interesting and if I were normally scrolling through vkook/taekook fics (which I am because I am utter trash) I might have just skipped over it. Consider using the element of Tae kind of watching Kookie and maybe giving it a funny title.

 

 

Description, foreword & tags. 9/10.

It's all wrapped up into a simple and sweet package, which is personally the way I prefer forewords to be. It's kind of awkward when something is cut off mid-sentence because it was too long. My only problem is you are basically giving away the whole story in your foreword. Even though I know it's already in the tags please avoid mentioning that they fall in love in your foreword. Other than that everything else is basically on point! You're using good tags, try also adding fluff though.

 

 

Appearance: graphics. -/5, display. 5/5

First, bless you child, very high-quality gifs, I especially love how they are actually relevant to the story since the boys are at a resort. The quotes too, ahh they make so much more sense to me now after reading the whole story. I love it, I just love it. The background is a really gorgeous color too and it matches the sort of beachy theme going on.

 

 

Characterisation. 10/10

D.O my Lord Tae is literally the cutest little thing. Vkook is the cutest thing but OMO Taehyungie *slap* I'm sorry, Tae may or may not be my bias. Puppy Tae and cynical Kookie is literally one of the best combos I have ever seen. The chemistry is great and the characters are both extremely consistent. The whole story Tae has been doing all these weird antics, while Kookie has just been judging while slowing falling for them and experiencing his own character development. The minor characters are consistent as well, like Joonie being a total nervous wreck OTL. I like the character change that Kookie undergoes, where he finally accepts Tae watching him and just lets himself love and they are sooo cute.

 

 

Plot. 20/20

It's not the most cliche love story like the title of the chapter indicates. I mean... If you found out someone was watching you, would you fall head over heels? Jungkook didn't but he still fell. It's sooooo cute I just can't even actually write a real review for it. It's good, it's amazing don't let anyone tell you otherwise, okay.

 

 

Consistency/flow. 9/10

The speed of the story itself is good, I don't feel as if scenes are being rushed or dragged out. However, there is one major gap that throws me off completely. When did the story start? I'm talking about when did Kookie catch Tae watching him. Sometime in the afternoon, first thing in the morning, nighttime?

 

 

Grammar, spelling & punctuation. 15/15

Please tell me you were lying that English wasn't your first language. Seriously, how are you so good. I mean, I've been studying English for 10 years now and I don't think my grammar is even half as good as yours. Perfect, just perfect.

 

 

Structure. 4/5

You kind of fall in between doing good and not. There are times where you have nice big paragraphs but then you start to fail a bit and just have a bunch of one and two liners. Try perhaps combining them. It's okay to have a couple alone though.

 

 

Readers' response. 3/5

If we were allowed to give multiple upvotes, remember that I would just keep voting over and over and over again. I appreciate that you take the time to respond to your readers, though most seem to be the quiet type and I really hope your popularity soars :)

Upvotes: 0 + 1
Subs: 19
Views: 447
Comment(s): 3

 

 

Overall enjoyment. 10/10


I don't know if you could tell but I really really really really really really love Taekook. You know, right before I even read your story I was watching a Jealous Taehyung Taekook compilation the whole it was mainly him getting jealous of Jimin. Then Kook mentions Jimin and Tae's jealous just appears. Going back on topic, I love your story, it's just the kind of fluff I think everyone needs in their life! TBH I've been stuck in an angst and horror story hole so thank you for dragging me out of that.

 

 

TOTAL GRADE. 89/95

 

Date requested. 27/05/16

Date completed. 05/06/16

Reviewer. Li (Jaeger_104)

Reminder. Please remember to comment when you have picked up. Please also credit the shop AS WELL AS the reviewer. If there are any problems, please contact the owner or the reviewer via PM.