>> Jikook Oneshot Challenge

Heart, Mind & Seoul Reviews Archive
Untitled-2.png
JIKOOK ONESHOT CHALLENGE
BY Kookie025
CHARACTERS. Mainly Jungkook & Jimin, Bts members

STATUS. Ongoing

>>STORY LINK<<

Story title. 5/5

It’s my first time reviewing a one shot collection. So I will do my best to deliver and give you a good review. The main title is very common but it’s logical choice as it is indeed a one shot collection. When we take a look beyond the main title, you have per chapter a different title. After reading all the short stories, I must say you put a lot of effort in choosing the correct titles for your one-shots. I particularly like the first title of your first one-shot (C’est la mort). It’s a very unique and original title and even in another language, which makes it even more special. It does suit the story perfectly.

 

 

Description, foreword & tags. 8/10.

DESCRIPTION
Your description is very practical and informative as you informed us about the fact that it is a collection of all different kind of stories. Therefore, it’s not easy to give a short summary. It’s a mystery for all one-shots that are in your one-shot collection. I don’t mind that we don’t have a short summary, that way it triggers us curiosity to go and read your stories one by one.

FOREWORD
It’s dedicated to Thank You notes for the reviews you already received and other aff members who played an important role in creating and writing this one-shot collection.

TAGS
The tags used are in line with your story.

 

 

Appearance: graphics. -/5, display. 3/5

GRAPHICS
The graphics, if we can call them graphics, are a few cute pictures from Jung Kook and Jimin. It’s not that special, even if the pictures are very adorable. ^^ For a one-shot collection it’s never easy to decide whether to go with a poster that presents your collection or just choose random very cute and adorable pictures of the main characters.

DISPLAY
You took great care of the appearance of your story by keeping it clean and simple. It’s easy on the eyes and very comfortable when reading your story.

 

 

Characterisation. 8/10

The main characters of your story are Jimin and Jung Kook, which is quite obvious. As these are separate stories, you have the great opportunity to change the characters and their behavior in each and every story. Even though, they are one-shots, you gave us a rather in depth description of the characters. For those kind of stories, I find it amazing how authors succeed in putting depth in their characters. This must be a complicated and intense progress because you only have one chapter to tell your whole story and make sure that your characters aren’t two dimensional and blunt. In every story, there’s always some kind of element that triggers the change in their behavior. It’s a job well done!

 

 

Plot. 18/20

The plots of the stories are quite interesting, because you just know that most of them can happen in reality as well. You can relate to them. Not every author is confident writing such stories. I don’t want to spoiler anything, but there was one story (or serie of stories) in your collection that were very intense and I could feel the deep emotion. The great thing about one-shots is that you build up the tension to the plot and then race till the end. You did well on conveying your ideas and intertwining them in your stories!

 

 

Consistency/flow. 8/10

How fast is your story going? Is it too fast or is it too slow? All the one-shots I read so far, have a nice easy going pace and a good flow and consistency. With all your little notes at the beginning, you make sure that your readers are not confused and now what they are about to experience and read next.

 

 

Grammar, spelling & punctuation. 12/15

I must congratulate you on this part. You did a great job on keeping the mistakes on the down low. The only little errors I encountered were some mistakes in the conjugation of the verbs. Maybe you can ask your amazing proofreader to quickly to a scan over the other chapters you wrote. That way all those little hiccups will be erased and gone. Well done! Keep on writing like this, you have great potential!

 

 

Structure. 5/5

Paragraphs are essential in a story and you are certainly using them.

 

 

Readers' response. 3/5

These are your stats
2 upvotes
131 subs
1377 views
19 comments

Your story is rather new but is slowly gaining popularity. I do hope your one-shot collection gets a lot more attention and votes in the future! Your readers love your stories and the way you write which is a huge deal. To entertain your readers you must pay attention to so many aspects in your story, but you have succeeded. The feedback is quite amazing!

When publishing a new story, that so many before you have attempt to write as well it’s always tricky and excited to keep track on how it will turn out. Will the readers love it? Will you get a lot of feedback and views? I think those are questions that go around in the mind of every authornim.

As for your readers, I do think looking at your views that you have a lot of silent readers. It’s not a bad thing, but still it would be great if they would subscribe as well, like that your collection can be featured one day.

 

 

Overall enjoyment. 9/10


I will do the overall enjoyment a little differently this time. You asked us a couple of questions to know our opinion about your stories and I will answer them right now as part of the overall enjoyment.

1. ) How's the stories so far? Was it Nah, Awful, Fine, Barely, or Daebak?
DAEBAK, I love all your stories so far and will definitely continue reading your collection.

2.) I'm a purely angst lover, so do you love the angst stories that I made?
To be honest, angsty stories aren’t that much my cup of tea, but because of your writing skills and the way you present them to us, I did like the angst stories you made.

3.) Should I include other ships as well? Not all but only those Jungkook and Jimin related ones.
Why include other ships when you named them the Jikook one shot collection. It’s my absolute favorite ship in the group. I love those two! You can maybe use the other ships as side roles.

4. )Are you having trouble reading the story? Is there a lot of errors? (Sorry)
You did just fine on the grammar part. Just beware for the small hiccups when using a verb.

5.) Please be honest. Should I continue writing? (I'm getting a little confused about writing fics lately so I really need to know your answers)
If someone says no on this question, they haven’t read all your stories. I will anticipate your future stories! Keep on going! Don’t give up!

 

 

TOTAL GRADE. 79/95

 

Date requested. 31/05/16

Date completed. 10/06/16

Reviewer. Steph (StephLovesKCulture)

Comments. Thank you for requesting at HMS! If you didn’t notice yet, I will tell you again.. I loved your one-shot collection so far and will definitely continue to follow and read your story!

Reminder. Please remember to comment when you have picked up. Please also credit the shop AS WELL AS the reviewer. If there are any problems, please contact the owner or the reviewer via PM.