Chapter 8

Rain On Me

I woke up early the next morning, doing my usual routine for school. I made sure I had everything necessary in my backpack. I grabbed my shoes, carrying them with me so I could put them on downstairs. The chef—I hadn’t been told her name—was making breakfast already when I showed up in the kitchen.

“Oh, good morning Miss Eunjung. Ready for school, I see.” She smiled at me before returning her attention back to the stove, making sure to not burn anything.

“Good morning, uh…” She looked at me with an expectant look, smile tugging at her lips.

“Shin Sooyoung. My name is Shin Sooyoung but you can call me Sooyoung or chef Sooyoung. Whichever is fine with you.” Sooyoung grinned. I smiled back, pouring myself some juice that had been set out.

“Um…could I call you eonni?” Sooyoung looked at me and I quickly began to explain myself.

“I mean, you don’t look that much older than me so I feel weird just calling you Sooyoung. And, we’re probably going to know each other for a long time and chef Sooyoung seems too formal.” Her stare caused me to get more nervous.

“B-but if you find eonni too weird then that’s fine. I don’t want you feeling uncomfortable and-“ I stopped talking at the sound of Sooyoung’s laugh.

“You’re adorable when you ramble like that. And if you wish to call me eonni, that’s fine as well. I’m actually not that old. I turned 25 last month.” I did the math in my head, realizing that she was 8 years older than me.

Sooyoung eonni and I continued to talk as she finished breakfast. I sat at the counter that separated the kitchen from the dining area. I didn’t want to sit at the table by myself and I don’t know when Yoonsan will wake up. When I finished my breakfast, Mr. Shin walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning, Mr. Shin.” I smiled at him, placing my plate in the sink. He smiled at me, telling me good morning as well.

“Have you had breakfast?” I asked him. He nodded his head.

“My daughter doesn’t allow me to even get ready until I eat.” I was about to ask about his daughter when Sooyoung eonni spoke up.

“Because then you’ll forget to eat.” Sooyoung eonni chastised.

“What?” I looked at them. “You’re father and daughter?” I felt dumb for not noticing the similarities between them and the same last name.

“Yeah, he’s my dad. He helped me get this job. I barely graduated culinary school and was expecting to be without work for a while when he called me.” Sooyoung explained. I got a warm feeling from that.

“Are you ready for me to take you to school, Miss Eunjung?”

“Yes Mr. Shin.” I waved bye to Sooyoung who waved back. “Bye eonni. I’ll see you when I get back. Could you tell Yoonsan that I said good morning and to have a nice day?”

“Bye Miss Eunjung. Have a good day at school and of course I will.” I grinned even wider. It’s been a while since someone’s ever told me that.

Mr. Shin and I were by the door, him waiting patiently as I put on my shoes when a maid came running.

“Miss Eunjung, chef Sooyoung forgot to give you the lunch she made for you.” I was handed a white paper bag with star designs on it. I happily took the bag from the maid, thanking her. She bowed to me before walking away. I was finally done with my shoes, making sure I had the lunch with me. I couldn’t wipe the smile from my face as I looked at the lunch that Sooyoung eonni pack for me. I wasn’t sure what I had been given exactly but either way, I loved it.

At lunch, I happily made my way to the daycare center. My waist and legs felt a bit sore but it wasn’t as bad anymore.

“Edward!” I sang out happily. Edward looked at me like I was crazy, leaving his fork in mid air.

Uhm…hi? Not that I don’t like seeing this happy you but, why?” I giggled, holding the lunch up so he could see it.

Sooyoung eonni, the chef who works at my new house, made this for me. She’s so nice and sweet!” Edward smiled back, patting my head.

So I guess you like this house more than your old one.” I nodded my head. The staff had been so nice and welcoming and Yoonsan wasn’t so bad. The garden was amazing as well.

Okay, tell me everything. How’s the house? How was the guy? Do you guys share a room or something?” I filled Edward in with everything, telling him about the house, the sleeping arrangements between Yoonsan and I and then I told him about our first meal.

Wait, so he legit crashed into the table when you walked into the kitchen?” I nodded my head and Edward began to laugh.

That is so awkwardly cute. You made him nervous.” Edward cooed.

I smiled, taking a bite from the delicious three layer sandwich that had been packed along with a fruit salad. I had giggled at the note that Sooyoung eonni put.

“Miss Eunjung,

I told you I could make a good sandwich but wanted to make sure you wouldn’t ask for one for dinner. Hope your day is filled with joy and happiness and that this lunch keeps you filled until dinner.”

I don’t see how I make him nervous.” I sheepishly said. Edward looked at me, a mixture of shock and I think sadness in his expression.

What do you mean? Eunjung, you make any guy nervous. Hell, you even made me nervous when I first met you and I’m gay. I wish you could see yourself in the light that I and anyone with eyes see you.” I was taken aback by this…and possibly got a bit teary eyed because it was probably the most sweetest thing Edward has ever said to me. Or anyone for that matter.

And you pretty much lost your the very first time you two met so he was probably worried about you being some crazy chick.” I laughed at this, pushing Edward playfully.

“Yah!”

 

~Author’s Point of View~

 

When Yoonsan went to the kitchen, ready for the day, he was a bit upset at himself for having missed Eunjung in the morning. He made a note to wake up earlier during the weekdays, in hopes of them having breakfast together. He didn’t agree to the marriage and wasn’t looking to make Eunjung fall for him, but he didn’t see in why he shouldn’t work on building some sort of relationship with her even if they ended up as close as acquaintances. Many people in his shoes might hate the person they were to marry by force, but he saw no reason why he should hate Eunjung. They were both on the same side, had the same enemy in this dilemma, but hating each other would make everything more miserable than it has to be.

“Sooyoung noona, do you know what time Eunjung woke up?” Yoonsan looked up from his plate of breakfast at the chef who he’s been friends with since they were kids. She was like a sister to him, they were that close and he was quick to tell Mr. Shin to call Sooyoung, offering her the job as his personal chef. He also knew that Sooyoung would help Eunjung feel more comfortable.

“She came down around 6, 6:15 but I’m not sure what time she woke up.” Sooyoung told him as she helped the maids clean the kitchen.

Yoonsan sighed at how early it was that Eunjung came down. He was barely waking up at that time but wasn’t fully awake until around 6:30 but even then, he’d lie in bed for another 10 minutes before getting up to get ready. But he knew it wouldn’t kill him to wake up early. It would probably keep him from running around in the morning, worrying about being late.

“So, we haven’t talked much since you’ve gotten back from France. I don’t even know much about your time in France either. What’s up San? I thought me and you were close.” Sooyoung sat down next to Yoonsan who smiled at her.

“I had to hear from Nayoung last night that you were a mess at work because you were scared of meeting Eunjung.” Yoonsan groaned at the mention of yesterday.

“Don’t remind me.” He shook his head. Sooyoung laughed, rubbing his shoulder.

“San, do you like Eunjung?” Yoonsan shook his head. He wasn’t sure why he had been nervous but he blames their very first meeting for that.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, getting up from her chair. “Okay, whatever you say.” Yoonsan made a face at her, who made one back.

Yoonsan finished his breakfast, thanking Sooyoung for the breakfast. Sooyoung handed him a lunch bag, similar to the one she packed for Eunjung.

“Nayoung said you had a lunch date so I didn’t pack you one but could you give this to her for me? That punk forgot it.” Yoonsan nodded his head.

“Okay noona. See you after work.”

At lunch, Yoonsan found himself sitting in a nice restaurant with his friends, minus Moonkyu who was running late. He wanted to wait for Moonkyu to arrive before telling Taehyun, Sungwoon, and Hojeong about the marriage.

“Hyung, where’s Timo hyung?” Hojeong wondered, looking up from his menu. Junhyuk put his menu down a little so he could look at Hojeong.

“He just texted me that he was on his way. Why? Do you miss your mom?” Junhyuk grinned at Hojeong’s pout.

“He seemed upset last time we all got together. I don’t like seeing you all upset.” Junhyuk rubbed his head affectionately.

“And we don’t like seeing you upset either. It hurts a parent’s heart when their child is upset.”

“Yah! Are we Cinderella or something?” Taehyun exclaimed.

“Why does Hojeong get all your affection? I want love too, hyung.” Yoonsan laughed at Sungwoon and Taehyun.

“Isn’t it enough that I deal with your stupidity?” Moonkyu finally showed, sitting at the chair that was next to Junhyuk.

“Hi hyung! Are you feeling better?” Hojeong wondered. Moonkyu smiled at the maknae, nodding his head.

“Yes maknae, I’m feeling much better.” Yoonsan took this chance to get everyone’s attention.

“Hyungs, Hojeong.” He called out. They stopped their conversations, looking to Yoonsan.

“Don’t make plans for this Friday.” Yoonsan told them.

“Why, San?” Sungwoon wondered. Junhyuk and Moonkyu showed a knowing look.

“I’m having a house warming party.”

“Housewarming? You got a new house?” Yoonsan nodded his head.

“Ayye, San, just tell them.” Junhyuk laughed.

“Tell us what?” Hojeong questioned.

“Um, well, I have a fiancé.” Taehyun spat out the water he had been drinking, almost getting Moonkyu in the face but he had quickly put his menu up.

“What?! We didn’t even know you had a girlfriend!” Sungwoon exclaimed, patting a coughing Taehyun’s back.

“Wait, we didn’t know, right?” Sungwoon wanted to be sure he wasn’t the only left in the dark.

“No, we didn’t.” Taehyun coughed out, Hojeong agreeing. Moonkyu and Junhyuk were the only ones who didn’t say anything.

“Is she a girlfriend from France?” Hojeong asked. Yoonsan shook his head.

“How long were you dating?” Taehyun finally stopped coughing, taking a careful sip of his water.

“We uh, didn’t date.” Yoonsan sheepishly said.

“Heol. Don’t tell me, you knocked some girl up and now your parents are making you marry her!” Sungwoon exclaimed.

“Yah, San, just tell them everything before I hit you.” Moonkyu sighed.

“Yah, hyungs, did you two know?” Taehyun wondered.

“I’m engaged to Kim Eunjung and it’s arranged.”

“Eunjung? As in…your sister, hyung?” Hojeong stared at Moonkyu who just nodded his head.

“Arranged marriages are still done?” Sungwoon wondered.

“Heol…this is beginning to sound like a plot for a drama.” 


A/N Did the cover load? XD If it did, do you guys like it? I made it myself XP I'm no professional but whatever XD I'm in pain, my cheeks are swollen...damn wisdom teeth but uploading at this point is just a matter of copying and pasting because I have a lot of chapters written on word. Soooo...comment and if you enough karma points to vote, I don't mind that either but a comment is enough for me because I love interacting with my readers and seeing what they think. Until next time! ^-^