Chapter 48

Rain On Me

 Double Update. Read Chapter 47 if you haven't yet. Love you all!


It took my all to not let out a happy scream when I got outside after my last final. I was looking forward to this needed break before I start my second semester. Now, I can go home, change into some warm pajamas, cuddle up with Mushu, and look through Pinterest for cute DIY Christmas decorations while we wait for Yoonsan to get home. That sounded lovely.

Eunjung.” Spoke too soon.

I turned around with a tight lipped smile on my face. “Keith, hi.” He had a friend with him, or at least, I think it was a friend. I don’t know what he does outside of the one class we have together.

Why did you ignore me the other day?

What? When did I ignore you?” I hope he doesn’t see that I’m lying. Of course I’ll ignore him! Not only did he have the audacity to ask me out when he knows that I am a married woman, he even acted like I didn’t talk about Yoonsan which I always have to do because Keith doesn’t get the hint!

On Monday.”

Oh, I’m sorry. I probably was on the phone or something and didn’t hear you. Did you have something important to tell me?

He wanted to introduce you to me?” I furrowed my eyebrows at the stranger.

And you are…?” Seriously, who was he?

I’m Stephen, Keith’s friend. Nice to meet you. He talks about you all the time.” I smiled—more like grimaced—and shook Stephen’s hand.

Well if that was all then, I should go. It was nice meeting you Stephen and-

But I just met you! Let’s hang out for a bit.” Seriously? Is Stephen just as creepy as Keith?

Keith, tell your girlfriend to hang out with us.” Excuse me, girlfriend?

Wait, what? He says that-“ I got cut off by Keith who placed his hand on my mouth. I instantly socked him in the gut, hard.

Look, let’s get one, no, two things straight! One, I am married.” I lifted my left hand and shoved it in both Stephen’s and Keith’s—who was hunched over from the hit—faces so they could see the extravagant ring. “Two, you, Keith, are a creep and I never want you talking to me, okay!” And with that, I stormed away, my good mood ruined.

I can’t believe Keith actually introduced me as his girlfriend to someone. I never felt so, so, so violated! It was weird and creepy and I just wanted a hug from Yoonsan. I hate how I can’t run to Edward and to him about this. Rani and Angie are working, Yoonsan is busy, but Edward was my best friend. I can’t even have Sooyoung eonni make me a feel good dish. I loved college, but I was missing everyone right now.

Eunjung!” Are…you…kidding me?!

Keith, I will call the police if you don’t stop following me.” I got my phone from my pocket, happy to see the apartment complex was up ahead.

No, listen to me.” I was grabbed roughly by arm and forced to turn around just as I reached the front of the apartment.

Let me go, Keith!” I tried to rip my arm out of his grip but cried out in pain when his grip just got stronger. I was beginning to feel terrified. And the arm he was holding had my phone. I couldn’t call for anyone.

No! You humiliated me back there in front of my friend and you had no right to do that! I’ve been nothing but nice to you and you just threw it back in my face.” I let out a louder cry when his grip got tighter, feeling like my arm was going to be crushed.

I began to scream for help, trying to dodge his other arm while also trying to get out of his grip. I was near tears when I heard a dog barking and soon, something brown and black flew past me and had Keith on the ground. I fell back on my , my hands going out to protect my fall but I when I saw that it was Mushu who was on Keith. He was holding him down and snarling at him, occasionally snapping his teeth when Keith tried to move. I felt someone behind me put their hands under my arms and lift me up before moving from behind me. It wasn’t until their back was to me that I knew it was Yoonsan.

Mushu, down.” Yoonsan sternly said, grabbing Mushu by the collar and pulling him back. I stayed still, clutching my arm to my chest.

Stay away from my wife. Don’t look at her, don’t breath near her, don’t even think about her. If I find out that you went against what I said, I will not hesitate to make your life a living hell.” Yoonsan spat out before tugging Mushu with him and putting an arm around me, leading us into the apartment.

It wasn’t until I heard the apartment door close behind us and the lock click that the tension in my body left and I felt myself dropping to the floor. Mushu was by my side quicker than Yoonsan. I felt his nose nudge me and soon felt him my face. More specifically, my cheeks. I would’ve pet him but when I moved, my arm hurt. I think I might need to go to the hospital.

“Jagi, let’s get you a nice bath, okay.” I tried to stand with Yoonsan’s help but he grazed my arm and I cried out in pain, alarming both Yoonsan and Mushu. Yoonsan cursed before apologizing, over and over again while Mushu seemed to be getting anxious.

“Yoonsan, my arm really hurts.” I whimpered. Yoonsan guided me to the couch and helped me sit down, Mushu immediately getting on the couch next to me. Yoonsan went to make some calls before coming back to the living room.

“Angie is on her way to watch Mushu. Once she gets here, we’ll go to the hospital, okay jagi.” I nodded my head, flinching at the pain.

Angie showed up just as my fingers were turning pale. Yoonsan was on the verge of panicing when I told him that information. Rani was also with her.

“Let’s go , your doesn’t look ready to drive. Eunjung, you okay?” Rani’s tone went from annoyed to concern when it came to me. I tried to smile but my fingers turning pale was worrying me.

Rani drove the both of us to a nearby hospital and immediately had me admitted. We didn’t need to wait long, thank Shisus, and a doctor was seeing me within ten minutes of Yoonsan and I filling out paper work. Rani held Yoonsan back while I went with the doctor, her assuring me that Yoonsan will be there soon with me. When Yoonsan came into the room with me, he was nursing an ice pack on his eye.

“Did Rani punch you?” Yoonsan sighed before nodding his head.

“She was mad when she thought it was my fault then I explained what happened and where I was, she punched me and said I could’ve prevented it.” The doctor hadn’t been in the room, he left to get a splint after having me get an X-ray.

“I don’t blame you, babe.” I tried to assure him since I knew that he was beating himself up over this. I really didn’t blame him. The only person I was mad at was Keith.

“No, she’s right. If I had gone out when I first heard the screams, maybe I could’ve stopped you from hurting your wrist. Even Mushu got there before me.”

“Well, he’s a dog. Of course he’s going to be faster.” I joked. I grinned though when I saw Yoonsan crack a small smile. “Yoonsan, I love you and I know you’re doing your best for me. I appreciate everything you’ve done and I couldn’t ask for a better husband.” I leaned over, using my good hand to turn his head towards me and giving him a kiss. It was a quick one though because the ice pack was cold.

“I love you too, Eunjung. So, so much.” Yoonsan moved the ice pack to give me a better kiss.

 

Author’s Point of View

 

A week later, Eunjung had a cast on her left wrist and her and Yoonsan were putting the incident with Keith behind them. Rani and Angie pulled some strings and were getting a restraining order put on Keith. Today, Eunjung along with Joy, Angie, and Rani were at the mall, getting some Christmas shopping done. Eunjung had yet to decorate the apartment with anything Christmas so she was on the look out for decorations as well as gifts.

I just can’t believe that creep did that to you. Girl, if I was there, I would’ve kicked his for you. Like, who the does that?!” Joy exclaimed, disgusted beyond belief over what Keith did.

I just want to forget about it. It was whatever.” Eunjung shrugged her shoulders.

It’s not whatever! That guy assaulted you!” Angie exclaimed, Rani patting Angie’s head to calm the chihuahuah like girl down.

Guys, really, I just want to forget about it. You guys are getting a restraining order, right?” Rani and Angie nodded their heads. “Then it’s all good. I just want to spend this holiday with my husband, dog, and the friends that I’ve made here, no drama.”

Alright, no drama. Let’s get some Starbucks and go shopping.” Joy grinned.

The four girls got their drinks from Starbucks and started their trek through the crowded mall. Rani would mutter her complaints about the people and crowds and the crying kids but shopped anyways. There were lots of sales and discounts going on so it was a better time than never to get their shopping.

Eunjung had been looking at a wall of snapbacks, seeing if any of them would be a good gift for Yoonsan when she heard an eerily familiar voice. Eunjung was scared to turn around but knew she should if she wanted to be sure. She basically froze in her spot when she saw Colette in a store across from the one Eunjung was currently in, talking to Keith. How does Keith know Colette?

Hey, Eunjung, I found this—hey, you okay?” Joy dropped the shirt she was holding and was instantly by Eunjung’s side. The pure look of terror on her face scared Joy.

Angie, Rani.” Joy called for the two agents on the other side of the store.

C-C-C” Eunjung continued to stutter out the C, not being able to say Colette’s name. Angie and Rani were by Eunjung’s side, trying to help Joy figure out what was wrong. It wasn’t until Eunjung shakily lifted her good hand, pointing in the direction Colette and Keith were in that Rani and Angie finally understood.

.” Rani and Angie exclaimed in unison, especially when Colette looked over and saw them. They watched as she grabbed Keith’s arm and pulled him out of the store and away from them. Like a flip of the swith, Angie and Rani went into cop mode.

Joy, get Eunjung out of here and call Yoonsan. Tell him to get here as fast as possible but use the west entrance. They’re heading east.” As Rani was giving Joy these instructions, Angie was racing after Colette and Keith, gun drawn. They could say Keith was in violation of the restraining order to get them booked if they were caught.

Damnit, Angie, wait for me!” Rani was running after Angie, pushing and shoving people out of her way, shouting ‘FBI, move!’ To get them moving. Angie was small enough to squeeze through people and would jump onto benches and other things if she couldn’t get past people.

Angie was able to keep Colette and Keith in her line of sight as she ran after them. How she was able to do it with her height and all these people, was beyond her but she wasn’t going to question it. Rani ended up getting swarmed by the crowd and had a hard time getting out. She let out a curse before pulling out her phone to call their boss. She hoped Angie got them.

Angie managed to keep Colette and Keith in her line of sight up until they got on an elevator going down. Angie let out a curse before finding a door to a stairwell. She immediately was flying down the stairs, praying she got down there in time. When she reached the bottom, Angie saw try to blend into the crowd and was on their tail instantly. She thought she had them though until she got to a clearing. Angie was looking around, trying to catch her breath when she came to the realization that she lost them. She wanted to throw her gun in frustration but last time she did that, it went off and nearly took off someone’s foot. Didn’t want that happening again.

Man, now I have to go and find Rani, Eunjung, and Joy.” Angie groaned, wanting to just drop onto the floor and rest. Oh well, she better start walking.