Chapter 61

Rain On Me

A/N First, I would just like to apologize for the long, long, LOOOONG wait! I had been busy with school and my laptop had also broken down and I barely got it back a couple of weeks ago then I had to go and rewrite the last chapter because it basically was very...ew. So, this chapter and chapter 62 are the last chapters and the epilogue will come next. I wanted to update the epilogue along with the last chapter but it's taking me some time to write it so I decided to publish these chapters since you all waited so long! Also...Jang Moonbok and Produce 101 had taken my attention XD Anyways, expect the epilogue up soon! 


I lost count of the days that I had stayed in Yoonsan’s room with him. Rani or Angie would bring me clothes and Junhyuk oppa had brought me shampoo and stuff so I could shower here if I wanted to. I’m not even sure if I’ve eaten I mean, I think I have because Moonkyu oppa stayed with me and made sure I slept and stuff but I was basically on autopilot. The guilt was eating me alive. It was my fault Yoonsan was in this hospital bed with no idea if he’d wake up.

The day after I was rescued, Rani and Angie explained everything to me about Colette, I mean, Bridgette. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her since she had no control over what she did. She was mentally unstable and seemed to be separated from the real world. And because of her mental disorders, she was going to be put into a high security mental institute so she can get the help she needs instead of prison. Rani was extremely pissed about that and would’ve probably gone onto a rampage if Junhyuk oppa hadn’t calmed her down. Keith was being examined to see if he was mentally stable for court and Angie was saying how he could get 25 years with no parole but they were pushing for 50. They also told me about the plan Rani came up with to catch Bridgette. They moved Yoonsan into a different room while she stayed in his old room and they disguised her so she looked like Yoonsan at first glance. Angie had smugly said that she was involved in a car chase only to get sent to the corner for a timeout by Junhyuk oppa after he stopped freaking out. Rani told us that the car chase was the only cool thing Angie did since it was usually Rani who was involved in those and more.

“Yoonsan, Mina is flying in tomorrow. She tried to come earlier but your father was being difficult.” I told him, holding his hand tightly.

“My dear, it seems like everyday that passes, the doctors get less and less hopeful of you waking up. Why did you jump in front of that car?” I bit down on my lip to keep from crying since that seemed to be the only thing I’ve been doing. How many tears do I have in my body?

“Babe, we just seem to know nothing but to cause trouble, even if it’s unintentional. Our parents paired us well.” I let out a watery laugh and wiped at my eyes. While I was stuck in that house and in the trunk, I only thought about Yoonsan’s smile; his eyes and how stubborn he is about his glasses; I hummed his songs to keep me from breaking down; I thought of how easily he blushed; I thought about his strange love for cheese; he ran through my mind and I thought that when I got rescued, I’d be able to run into Yoonsan’s arms and tell him how much I loved him. Instead, he was in a hospital bed, attached to a bunch of machines to keep him alive.

“Why do we have the worst of luck?” I whimpered.

“We did what our parents wanted, we’re good people. We just want to live a normal life together. Is that too much to ask?” I sniffled, staring at Yoonsan. You would think it would just look like he was sleeping but this seemed totally different. He didn’t look as peaceful or relaxed like when he slept and he wasn’t mumbling in French either.

“This is all my fault. I should’ve just listened to you and then I wouldn’t have been grabbed. You wouldn’t have had to go and talk to that girl and you wouldn’t have gotten hit by the car. It seems like your troubles are because of me.” I sighed, resting my head on Yoonsan’s bed while I held his hand.

I was startled awake when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw that Yoonsan still hadn’t woken up but Moonkyu oppa had woken me.

“Eunjung, it’s ten minutes to Christmas. You haven’t left the room for nearly two weeks.” Moonkyu oppa sat next to me.

“I can’t leave his side, oppa. It’s my fault that he was put here.” I told him. Moonkyu oppa sighed before putting an arm around me.

“Do you know how pissed he would be when he wakes up and finds out that we all let you stay here without getting any proper rest? San may be short but he can be evil. He almost sold Sungwoon on eBay once. I don’t want to be on the receiving end of his wrath.” Moonkyu oppa sounded like he was trying to get me to laugh but I could only muster a small smile.

“But what if he wakes up when I’m not here?” I urged.

“Don’t worry about that, Eunjungie but you really need to get some proper rest. And Sungwoonie, Hojeongie, and Edward hyung came down from Korea to see you. Don’t you want to spend Christmas with them?” I let out a heavy sigh as I looked back at Yoonsan.

“But it’s our first Christmas together as a married couple.” I whimpered, feeling my eyes burn as tears began to form.

“I know, Eunjungie. I know.” Moonkyu oppa said as he pulled me into a hug while I cried.

“You’re right, oppa. He wouldn’t want me to coop myself in here.” I sniffled after I finished crying. Moonkyu oppa helped me stand up but I couldn’t let go of Yoonsan’s hand.

“Let me say bye to him really quick, oppa.” Moonkyu oppa nodded his head and told me he’d wait outside. I turned to look at Yoonsan and bet down to give him a kiss on the forehead.

“I’ll come back soon, Yoonsan. I love you. Merry Christmas.” I moved back so that my tears didn’t land on him and gave his hand one last squeeze before walking away from his bed. I only took a few steps though when I felt my arm get tugged back slightly.

“What the?” I looked back and saw that Yoonsan still hadn’t moved but his hand had managed to grip mine. I felt a surge of hope and moved closer to him.

“Yoonsan! Yoonsan, baby, are you waking up? Please wake up.” I begged, squeezing his hand tighter and letting out a sob when he began to stir. I brought his hand to my lips and continued to urge him to wake up.

“Oppa! He’s waking up!” I yelled, out to my brother before turning my attention back to Yoonsan.

“That’s it, Yoonsan, open your eyes.” I pleaded. I let out a noise between a laugh and a sob when Yoonsan opened his eyes. He looked at me and smiled a tired smile.

“You’re back.” He groggily said. “You’re awake.” I whispered, kissing his hand. Moonkyu oppa came in with a doctor and a nurse and his face lit up when he saw Yoonsan awake.

“Hey, hyung.” Yoonsan tiredly said with a grin.

“You little .” Moonkyu oppa laughed but I could see the tears in his eyes. I let go of Yoonsan’s hand so the doctor and nurse could check his vitals and the doctor smiled when he finished.

Well, San, you seem to be doing fine. It’s a good thing you finally woke up and on Christmas too. Your poor wife hasn’t left your bedside for the past two weeks. You two deserve a nice, long vacation if you ask me.” The doctor said before he and the nurse left. Yoonsan shot a tired glare at Moonkyu oppa.

“Yah, hyung, you let her stay for two weeks?” I laughed when Moonkyu oppa gaped at me.

“What did I tell you?! Yah, San, it wasn’t my fault, really.” Moonkyu oppa pleaded.

“You let my wife hole herself up in a hospital room? And what has our dog been doing? You at least better be taking care of Mushu.”

“I’m the hyung, why are you talking to me like this? Of course I took care of Mushu!” Moonkyu oppa exclaimed but I could see the smile he was trying to hide. He came over and gave Yoonsan a hug as best as he could.

“It’s good to see you awake, San. You two have a few hours before everyone else wakes up and they find out so I’ll leave you two to do whatever married couples do in this situation because the rest of the maknae line will be bugging the crap out of you.” Moonkyu oppa said. He gave us each a hug and then kissed the top of my head before leaving. I looked at Yoonsan and felt tears well up in my eyes again.

“Jagiya, why are you crying?” Yoonsan wondered, reaching up to wipe my tears away.

“I’m sorry, Yoonsan. It’s my fault that you’re here.” I sniffled. Yoonsan shook his head.

“If Rani heard you say that, she’d hit me because I was the one that jumped in front of the car. Come here.” Yoonsan scooted over and then patted the space. I climbed onto the bed and curled into his side, Yoonsan wrapping his arms around me.

“Is this allowed?” I wondered, looking up at him. Yoonsan shrugged.

“I couldn’t sleep because I didn’t have you in my arms.” I rolled my eyes.

“You were in a coma for two weeks you jerk.” I grumbled.

“But you weren’t in my arms during that. I’m tired, so let’s sleep.” Yoonsan sighed. I looked up at him just as Yoonsan looked down at me and I reached up to give him a kiss.

“I missed your lips.” Yoonsan said after the kiss. I went to hit him but he stopped me with a grin. “No hitting the patient or you’ll get punished.” He tutted.

“Aish! You’re so greasy!” I exclaimed but I could feel my face going on fire at his comment.

“You’re the one who thought dirty!” Yoonsan said. I scrunched up my nose.

“Shut up and go to sleep.” I snuggled into his side but being careful with his still healing bruises and ribs. I felt Yoonsan kiss the top of my head before I felt one of his hands playing with my hair.

“Eunjung.” I hummed, feeling exhaustion come in. “I love you.” I smiled before looking up at him. “I love you too.”

I heard voices just as I was stirring awake. I heard someone whisper harshly and then the sound of someone getting hit. I could feel Yoonsan stirring as well and grumble something about his sleep being disturbed.

“Damnit San! You couldn’t stay in a coma for one more day?! Just one!” I squinted my eyes open and just saw blobs. I reached up to rub my eyes so I could see clearly and saw everyone had gathered in the room. Taehyun oppa looked annoyed while Rani looked smug. Everyone else would just glance at Taehyun oppa and shake their heads. What happened?

“I told you not to bet $100 dollars. I told you.” Angie was massaging her temples.

Angie, back out now before you get too involved with him.” I heard Edward say to her while Angie just sighed. Oh, why is Angie’s leg in a cast?

“Why would he wake up at 12 midnight exactly on Christmas day?! Why?!” Taehyun oppa exclaimed before turning to Yoonsan. “Yah, San, do you hate me? When did you become so cheesy?” I looked up and saw that Yoonsan did not look amused to be hearing Taehyun oppa yelling so early in the morning.

“Good to see you too, hyung. Remind me to set a price for you when I get out of here for eBay.” Yoonsan simply said before hugging me closer and closing his eyes. “Maybe if we pretend to be asleep, they’ll leave.” He whispered to me.

“We heard you, .” Rani called out. “You were supposed to.” Yoonsan said outloud this time.

Boy, you’re really lucky in the hospital right now.” I heard her grumble.

“It’s good to see you awake, San.” Hojeong oppa grinned, coming over to give Yoonsan a hug. I didn’t get off the bed, comfortable in Yoonsan’s arms and I knew if I did, he wouldn’t let me.

“Yeah San, we missed you.” Sungwoon oppa came over and give Yoonsan a hug as well.

“I missed you guys too.” Edward also came over and gave him a hug.

“We came in and you guys look so adorable, all cuddled up. I got some pictures.” Edward told us, handing his phone to us. Junhyuk oppa came over and gave Yoonsan a hug.

“I’m so glad you’re awake. Never scare me like that again, you punk!” Junhyuk oppa’s tone went from sweet to stern very quick and then he was smiling again.

Angie came over and gave him a hug as well before she went to console a pouting Taehyun oppa. She sounded like she was reprimanding him about something but I wasn’t sure what. Yoonsan and I stayed in each other’s arms when we saw Mushu run into the room and jump onto the bed, crying and squirming but his tail was wagging so it seemed like he was happy. He came up to us and alternated between my face and Yoonsan’s. We tried pushing him off but he was persistant so we just settled on petting him. Poor Mushu, I only saw him briefly before I holed myself up in Yoonsan’s room so I knew he missed us dearly.

“Mushu!” I looked to the door and saw Mina run in. She got a wide grin when she saw Yoonsan and I.

“Mom!” Yoonsan happily exclaimed. Mina came over and gave us both a tight, tight hug.

“I’ve missed you both so much and I was so worried! I’m so happy to see you both doing well!” Mina sounded like she was trying hard not to cry.

“We’re fine, mom. We’re fine. Don’t cry.” Yoonsan comforted her while I held her hand.

“Aigoo, you two look so grown up. Eunjung, you haven’t been eating well. That’s not good. I’m going to cook you both a big meal, okay. Aigoo, my son, you’ve been taking care of her, right?” Mina began to fret over us while everyone else laughed.

“Oh, Eunjung, why aren’t you wearing your ring?” Mina asked me when she noticed my ringless hand.

“Ah, Col-I mean Bridgette, took it from me and wore it. Rani got it back but it feels weird wearing it after she has.” I sheepishly admitted, getting the ring from my pocket. Mina took it from me and looked at it before walking to the window. She opened it and chucked it out the window.

“Mom, what are you doing?!” Yoonsan exclaimed, all of us staring at her in shock.

“No woman should ever wear another woman’s wedding ring. Besides, you two didn’t pick that ring anyways. Eunjung, when San gets out of here, I’ll take the two of you to get a new ring, okay?” Mina smiled.

“San, your mom just became my favorite person.” Rani grinned.


A/N The eBay reference, you can fully understand by looking here! Let me know if the link doesn't work!^^