Chapter 28

Rain On Me

I had been curled up on my bed under the covers after taking a warm bath when I heard Edward knocking. I slowly got out of bed and went to the door to open it, knowing I had no other choice. I had opened the door only wide enough for him to enter, scared that Yoonsan might pass by and see the pitiful state that I was in. As soon as Edward was in my room, I immediately went back to my bed, curling up back under my covers. I heard Edward close the door behind him, placing the tray on my desk.

It’s like a cave.” I only ‘mhmed’ to show that I heard him. Edward sighed and I knew he was walking to my bed. I felt him sit next to me and soon he was lifting the covers back so that he could see my head.

Eunjung, I know you’re not okay.” Edward softly said. I have been fighting all day to keep these tears in but as soon as Edward said that, it’s like a dam broke behind my eyes. I let a choked sob, allowing Edward to sit me up and hug me as I began to sob, ignoring the pain in my face.

Shh, let it all out. You’ll feel better when you do.” Edward my head as he rocked me side to side. I continued to cry, the embarrassment from today and the heartache I’ve been silently suffering with this past month, finally being let out.

Why does it hurt so much? Why do I let it hurt so much? Why did I have to grow feelings for him?” I sobbed into Edward’s shirt. I cried for what felt like hours but was probably only half an hour, an hour at most.

Why couldn’t this be a normal heartbreak?” I whispered, wiping my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie. Edward just my head.

How long have you known that you liked him?” Edward asked me. I shrugged my shoulders since I myself didn’t exactly know either. It just, happened.

Well this . If this was a regular relationship under regular circumstances, I could tell you to drop his but you can’t exactly do that if you still want to go to college.” I giggled a watery giggle, wiping my eyes again as a few more tears continued to fall.

Tell me about it.” I sniffled. Edward smiled a small smile, ruffling my hair a little.

So, the fall that Moonkyu texted me about, was it Colette?” I sighed before slowly nodding my head. I could feel Edward’s hand stiffen on my head.

I swear to Ryan that I will cut a .

I tripped over my own feet too. She’s not the only one to blame.” I quietly said. I heard Edward choke on…something before speaking.

You stumbled over your feet probably because of what she did, making the fall worse.” Edward lifted my head towards him so he could see the injury.

Well, that cut will be there for a while and if it scars, nothing a little makeup will be able to cover. How’s your nose?

Luckily there was a doctor who was shopping so he was able to check. It’s not broken but he says my face will feel sore for a while.” I explained. Edward chuckled, shaking his head.

You have the best and worst luck at times.” I giggled again, grateful that Edward was able to make me smile. He got up off the bed and walked to the tray. He brought it over, placing it on the nightstand and handing me the bowl of soup and a spoon.

Here, eat up before it gets cold.” I did as I was told, feeling famished after that sobbing fest. Edward made himself comfy on my bed, holding a pillow on his lap.

So, what are you going to do about Yoonsan?” He asked me once I was done eating. I picked at the fur on Lady, trying to figure out what I should do.

I guess, distance myself as much as possible. Close up these wounds before anymore can happen. I know where I stand now and there’s no reason why I should allow myself to keep getting hurt.” I looked up at Edward who looked sad by my answer.

I’m sorry about your ship, but it seemed to have suffered the same fate as the Titanic before it could even sail.” Edward sighed before smiling, pulling me in for a hug.

As long as you’re happy, I’ll live.” I smiled at him, really thankful at the moment for Edward.

We ended up staying on my bed, watching Netflix and Youtube on my laptop. At some point, I feel asleep, the exhaustion that was today, catching up to me. I woke up when I heard the bowl and glass on the tray jostling.

Sorry, I didn’t want to wake you. Go back to sleep, Eunjung.” Edward set the tray back down to my head. My laptop had been moved back to my desk too.

Thank you for coming, Edward.” I tiredly reached up to pat his shoulder. Edward laughed, ruffling my hair.

Anything for you. Let me know when I have permission to kick their asses, okay?” I tiredly laughed, nodding my head. Edward took the tray and walked out the room, closing the door behind him. I instantly fell back asleep.

 

Author’s Point of View

 

Edward arrived to the kitchen with the tray and saw Sooyoung was working on dinner.

“Hi Sooyoung.” Sooyoung looked back and smiled.

“Hi Edward! I didn’t know you were here.” Edward smiled, placing the tray down next to the sink so he could put the bowl and glass in the sink.

“Moonkyu texted me a few hours ago, telling me about her tripping. I came as soon as I could and went straight to her room.” Edward explained.

“Did she tell you the truth or did she tell you that she tripped?” Sooyoung said, not looking up from the sauce she was working on.

Edward hesitated, trying to figure out if he should tell her. He knows the reason why Eunjung kept so much from Sooyoung was because of her relationship with Yoonsan. Eunjung didn’t want it to ruin because of everything going on between her and Yoonsan. But Edward knew that it would benefit everyone if Eunjung would confide in her as well because Edward wouldn’t always be able to be there, as much as he hated that.

“She didn’t explain it in detail but she did tell me that Colette had something to do with it.” Edward told her. Sooyoung sighed, shaking her head.

“I don’t get why she doesn’t tell me everything. I know she keeps things from me. Why doesn’t she tell me? Have I ever given her a reason to not trust me?” Sooyoung wondered.

“It’s not that. She really does trust you. She see’s you like a sister figure, a mom even but, she doesn’t want to ruin your relationship with Yoonsan since you two have known each other for so long. She just doesn’t like getting people in the middle of things. Trust me, it took so long for her to tell me anything. It’s not you.” Edward assured Sooyoung, going over to her and wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

Sooyoung sighed once more, resting her head on his shoulder. They both only wanted the best for Eunjung but Sooyoung knew that Eunjung was right. If she knew everything, she would more than likely side with Eunjung and someone has to be in Yoonsan’s corner.

 

Eunjung’s Point of View

 

I woke up the next day. The soup had filled me up so when a maid had woken me up for dinner, I told her I wasn’t hungry and then went back to sleep. I had woken up in time for breakfast. I hurried out of bed and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen at the same time as Yoonsan. I quickly looked down, not feeling confident anymore to look up at him. Ever since I told him about Colette, when we would make eye contact, his expression would harden.

“Good morning, Eunjung.” I quickly looked up at him, surprised that he talked to me first. But as soon as I looked up, I looked back down.

“Good morning.” I quietly said before hurrying to the table. I sat down at my usual place, not wanting to look up.

“Did you sleep well?” I nodded my head.

“Did you?” I asked out of politeness, but still not wanting to look at him.

“I uh, no I didn’t. I was up late.” I nodded my head to show that I heard him but I didn’t know what else to say.

“Eunjung, can you look at me? Please.” Yoonsan said. I hesitated before lifting my head. I didn’t want to look at him, not only because I didn’t want to see that hardened expression that looked so out of place on him but also because if I looked at him, the promise I made myself would break.

“Eunjung, I, I’m so sorry about everything. I shouldn’t have acted the way I’ve been. I should’ve let you tell your side. I have no excuses for the way I’ve been acting and-“ I raised my hand up, stopping him. I smiled a sad smile.

“The only way for me to get noticed now is if I get hurt?” I attempted to joke.

“It’s fine, Yoonsan. I was never upset. I understand why you acted that way since Colette is close to you. I’m sorry for saying what I did.” I faked a smile, hoping that he didn’t see past it.

“But, Eunjung-“ I shook my head.

“Please Yoonsan, the past is the past. Let’s just get past these few months so I can continue my education.” At that moment, the maids came with our food. I stood up from my seat.

“I’m actually not that hungry, I’m sorry. I hope you have a great day at work, Yoonsan. Tell Colette I say hi.” I bowed to him and walked out the kitchen, planning on going back to my room to get ready for the day. I knew that if I wanted to save myself from future heartbreak, I had to close myself off emotionally wise from Yoonsan.