Chapter 19

Rain On Me

It was Tuesday morning and I woke up, a bit grumpy. It was the dinner that day and I was going to be the only student without their family. If I could skip the dinner, I would, but being class president made it mandatory for me to go. I got up and got ready, doing my usual routine. Before I left my room, I crossed off today from the calendar. Only three more days till I graduate. I smiled as I looked at Friday, little drawings sketched on the day. Even if my parents didn’t come to this dinner, they surely wouldn’t miss my graduation, right?

I got to the kitchen and greeted Sooyoung eonni with a hug.

“Oh, Miss Eunjung, is everything okay?” Sooyoung eonni hugged me back anyways. I shrugged my shoulders.

“This dinner is bumming me out, that’s all.” I sighed. Sooyoung eonni chuckled, squeezing me a little.

“Don’t worry, you’ll have a great time.” Sooyoung eonni assured me before letting me go so she could finish breakfast. I went to sit down at the kitchen table. I propped my arm onto the table and rested my head on my hand, drawing patterns on the table cloth with my index finger.

“Morning, Eunjung.” I quietly told Yoonsan good morning. I could feel his questioning look but didn’t bother to lift my head to look over at him.

“Is the dinner bothering you that much?” I nodded my head slowly. I heard Yoonsan sigh before I felt a hand on my head. I turned to look at him and saw that he had a faint smile.

“I was going to surprise you but I don’t like seeing you like this.” I got confused and was about to ask Yoonsan what he meant when he got up from the table.

“Wait here, I’ll be back.” And he quickly ran out the room. He came back just as our breakfast plates were brought out. He had a shopping bag with him. Yoonsan handed the bag to me with a smile.

“Take a look.” He simply told me before sitting down.

I looked inside the bag and saw a gift box. The box that usually holds clothes when you’re gifting them. I took the box out and used my fingernails to cut the tape. I lifted the lid and pushed back the tissue paper, finding a dress.

“A dress?” Yoonsan nodded.

“Take it out.” I did as he said, carefully taking out the dress and making sure it doesn’t get dirty with the food.

The dress was simple but still nice. It was a bodycon dress and two different colors. With the dress on, it would look like you had a black t-shirt tucked into an light pink colored pencil skirt. There was a split in the skirt and the skirt was trimmed with black.

“What is this for?” Yoonsan smiled even wider.

“I got you the dress for the dinner. I had this big thing planned where when you got home from school to get ready, the box would be there with a note and when you were finished getting ready, I’d be downstairs, dressed and ready to go with you to the dinner. But, I really hated seeing you sad and didn’t want you depressed the entire day.” My mouth dropped at this and I felt my heart soar. Yoonsan had been planning this? Just for me?

“I-I, I don’t know what to say. Uh, I…thank you.” I broke out into a wide smile. I put the dress into the box nicely and got up to give Yoonsan a hug. I felt him wrap his arms around me to reciprocate the hug.

“You’re welcome. I didn’t do it by myself though. Edward hyung gave me the idea and even helped me find a dress for you.”

“Really? Oh no, I’m dead. If Edward finds out that you told me, he’s going to kick my .” Yoonsan chuckled.

“We can still do the plan. How good is your acting?” I laughed.

“I think I can pull off being surprised. We’ll pretend none of this happened, okay?” I held my pinkie out to him, playful grin on my face. Yoonsan agreed to the plan, linking his pinkie with mine.

The week was nothing but different events and activities for the seniors and last minute bonding. I didn’t really participate since I was busy running everything but I didn’t mind. I wasn’t athletic and a lot of these things involved athletics…no thanks.

“You’re going to the dinner, right?” Kangjun asked me as he walked with me out of the building. I nodded my head.

“Yep. My, ah, boyfriend is going with me since my parents and brother are busy.” Kangjun looked surprised at the word boyfriend.

“You have a boyfriend?” I smiled sheepishly and nodded my head.

“He doesn’t come here. We met through our parents.

Kangjun had a strange look on his face. He looked like he was sad before smiling. I didn’t get a chance to ask him what was wrong before he spoke. “Well, I’m happy to see that you don’t just focus on school and live like a regular teenager. I can’t wait to meet him at the dinner. I have to go now, bye.” I waved to him before making my way to Mr. Shin.

“I thought you said you had no friends.” I giggled as Mr. Shin opened the door for me.

“I really don’t. They’re merely acquaintances at most and Kangjun and I barely started talking this year. It’s whatever though, I doubt I’ll see any of my classmates again after high school.”

Mr. Shin drove me home and I couldn’t help but feel giddy. I won’t be able to have lunch with Edward all week but today—and Friday, obviously—I can’t go to the daycare after school but Edward has been texting me non-stop. Especially today. If it hadn’t been for this morning, I would’ve been confused as to why Edward wanted me to do my hair and makeup a certain way and to wear a certain pair of heels and which accessories to wear. He never once brought up a dress and I giggled. It really did touch my heart that Yoonsan would do this and that Edward would help him. I need to get Edward something nice as a thank you.

When we got home, I immediately ran to my room, anxious to get ready. I got to my room and found the box with the dress neatly placed on my bed and a note on the lid. I picked up the note and it simple said “Wear me”. I giggled, taking the lid off the box and excitedly taking the dress out. I took a quick shower before changing into the dress. I loved how it hugged me in the right places and I took a few moments to admire myself in my full length mirror before finishing getting ready.

I did my hair in a bubble bun, letting some strands loose so my face was framed and then curling those strands into loose curls. My makeup was fairly light. The eyeshadow consisted of a light brown and pink, my eyeliner being a bit thicker though and done cat eye while were my eyelashes a little thick and a lip gloss. I paired my dress with black strappy heels—still making me shorter than Yoonsan. The accessories was a statement collar necklace. On one wrist was a flower gemstone cuff bracelet. I found a pair of stud earrings and excitedly put them on. The accessories, I hadn’t used in a while but I remember that I was with Edward when I bought them and I’m surprised he remembered them. I got flat clutch that could fit my phone and lipgloss and a compact mirror.

I took a picture of with my full length mirror, then a selca so my hair and makeup could be seen better. I sent them both to Edward with the message “Did you have anything to do with this?” I didn’t wait for a reply since I knew Yoonsan would be here already. I walked out of the closet but something on my bed caught my eye. I took a closer look a saw a little box on my ‘His’ pillow. I must’ve missed it earlier.

I picked the box up and opened, gasping at what was inside. It was the other half of a couple ring that I saw a few weeks ago. The couple rings were supposed to make Mickey Mouse’s head when you put them together and I had excitedly pointed them out to Yoonsan. I mean, we’re engaged and didn’t even have rings. We had been with our mothers at the time so we didn’t get enough time to look at them and I had been sad that I couldn’t buy them. Like I said, I’m a er for anything Disney.

I took the ring out, slipping it onto my ring finger. I smiled at how cute it looked. I hurried out my room—but being mindful of my heels—and like Yoonsan had said, he was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, dressed and ready for the dinner. I walked down the stairs as fast as I could and nearly threw myself at Yoonsan so I could hug him quicker. I was happy, can you blame me?

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I squeezed him a little tighter when I felt him wrap his arms around me.

“For what exactly?” I didn’t have to look to know that he was smirking, that punk.

“The dress, coming to the dinner, the ring! Oh my gosh, I love the ring.” I exclaimed. Yoonsan pulled away only to show that he was wearing his ring as well. I grinned even wider—if that was even possible—and immediately connected our rings, making Mickey Mouse’s head. I giggled.

“Only we would use couple rings as an engagement ring.” Yoonsan noted. I laughed.

“Because we are awesome like that. And we’re technically not engaged until I graduate. Now let’s go, I’m starving and want to get out of these heels.” I held onto the arm that Yoonsan offered to me and the two of us left the house. Sooyoung eonni was given the day off since we were going to be out a while.

When we got to the restaurant, I had Yoonsan take a selca with me since Edward demanded one. We took a couple but the one we sent to Edward was one where Yoonsan had his head pretty close to mine and our rings were together so that they were completed. That alone took some work since we couldn’t figure out how to position our hands right but in the end, it came out cute. People would’ve thought that we were an actual, actual couple. Like, we met, dated, then got engaged. We’re still cute though. The picture had caused Edward to flip out though and I got a few messages—in all caps—about him shipping us and how he was going to forward the picture and some other stuff.

Yoonsan and I got out the car, Yoonsan giving the keys to the valet before we went inside. I informed the hostess that we were there for the dinner and she led us to the private room that had been rented out for us. When we got there, there was already a good amount of students with their parents and all the teachers and the principal was there already as well. My homeroom teacher saw me and excitedly waved me over to where her and my math teacher were talking. I grabbed Yoonsan’s wrist and gently pulled him with me. We bowed my two teachers when we approached them and my homeroom teacher gave me a hug.

“Eunjung, you look beautiful. I’ve never seen you so dressed up before.” I blushed at the compliment but thanked her.

“Ssaem, this is my boyfriend, Yoon San.” Both teachers looked surprised but recovered quickly enough before it was noticeable—but I noticed—and greeted Yoonsan.

“You two do make a lovely couple. We didn’t think you dated, Eunjung. How did you two meet?” My math teacher asked.

“Our fathers work together and I’m a friend of her brother’s.” Yoonsan explained.

“I was beginning to worry that you focused too much on school. It’s good to see you living like regular girls your age.” I smiled at my homeroom teacher but really, I didn’t know how to react. Did they think I had no life?

“Okay, we’ll let you two mingle. You know where you’re sitting, right?” I nodded my head. As class president, I and my family were assigned to sit by the principal and a few other important people.

We spent around half an hour, talking to either a teacher that called us over or a classmate of mine that came over to talk. Everyone had the same reaction when I told them that Yoonsan was my boyfriend. I mean, it was expected. I didn’t get confessed to by guys at school and was always about school work and the daycare center. But did they all think I had absolutely no life?

Kangjun showed with his parents and I noticed him before he noticed me. I tugged gently on Yoonsan’s sleeve.

“Come, I want you to meet someone.” I smiled, linking my arm with his as I led him to where Kangjun and his parents were talking to a teacher. We waited until their conversation was over before making our presence known.

“Hello, Kangjun.” I smiled, bowing towards his parents.

“Oh, Eunjung! Mom, dad, this is our class president, Kim Eunjung.” His parents smiled at me as I formally introduced myself.

“It’s nice to meet you both. You have a wonderful son. This is Yoon San, my” Yoonsan quickly cut me off, grabbing my hand to hold it.

“I’m her boyfriend. It’s nice to meet you.” Yoonsan smiled pleasantly at them but I was a bit confused. There was an edge to his tone but it was very subtle, many wouldn’t pick up on it but I lived with him for 8 months, I’ve learned to pick up on certain traits of him. And his eyes had a different look that contrasted with his smile. It got harsher as when he looked at Kangjun who had a similar expression. That’s strange.

“We’re happy to meet you both. Our Kangjun tells us how smart you are, Eunjung.” I blushed at the compliment, bowing my head.

“I’m not really smart, I just study hard.” I bashfully explained.

I continued to talk to Kangjun’s parents—they asked me if mine would show but I said they were busy—while Kangjun and Yoonsan did…something. I don’t understand guys and the entire time, Yoonsan didn’t let go of my hand.

Dinner was announced to start serving so we went to our seats. Yoonsan pulled my chair out for me like usual before sitting down. The dinner went by well. Yoonsan and I talked or we made conversation with the people around us. Yoonsan was asked about his father’s business and when they found out about his time in France, he was asked about that as well.

When dinner ended and dessert was half way through, the principal stood up, demanding the attention of everyone there. Whatever conversations went on, stopped and everyone turned to look at the principal. She smiled before speaking.

“I’m so happy to see all you students here with your families. All your hard work has led to your graduation this Friday and I couldn’t be anymore prouder. Now, the moment everyone has waited for, the announcing of your valedictorian.” Everyone applauded, stopping when the principal lifted a hand.

“Your valedictorian this year shouldn’t come as a surprise even though I’ve been told numerous times about her denying that it would be her. She worked hard, not only during her time in high school, but her entire school career. She gracefully took on the role as your class president when given it by surprise. I’d like to announce this year’s valedictorian, Kim Eunjung.” I blushed and ducked my head at the applause, slowly standing up and bowing deeply to everyone. I heard Kangjun let out a “whoop!” along with some of his friends who I talked to occasionally.

“Thank you all. I will do my best to not make my speech so long so we can finish the ceremony and get to all the parties.” I smiled at the laughter. A few more applauses and then I was allowed to sit back down. When I did, Yoonsan leaned towards me, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze.

“I’m proud of you.” I turned to look at him with a smile.

“Thank you.” 


A/N Eunjung's Outfit w/ Rings Hope you enjoyed the chapter!^^ Love you all!!!^^