Chapter 16

Rain On Me

Double Update. Read Ch. 15 if you haven't ^^ 


8 Months Later

 

The past 8 months of this whole…engagement? Whatever you want to call it, but it’s the beginning of April and at the end of this month, I’ll have graduated high school and almost two months after that, I’ll be married. Oh geez. Anyways, in all honesty, living with Yoonsan hasn’t been that bad. If anything, it’s actually nice. I’m not saying that if I had the chance to change things, I’m not going to change it because I know Yoonsan would too but if we can’t change anything, then I’m perfectly fine. Yoonsan has become a very good friend to me and sometimes, we forget that this whole thing was arranged by our parents and it just feels like two friends talking or hanging out.

“Eunjungie!” I looked over and saw Nayoung eonni walking into my room. I laughed, leaving my backpack on the bed and going over to greet her with a hug.

I finally met Nayoung four months ago. I knew she was Sooyoung eonni’s best friend—they were like sisters, really—and Yoonsan’s personal assistant but I hadn’t had the chance to meet her until Christmas when she had been invited to the house for dinner. We got along well and I saw her like an older sister. I saw Sooyoung eonni like an older sister as well but Sooyoung eonni was the responsible, mother like sister while Nayoung eonni was the fun older sister who was quick to pull you away from homework or something if she thought that you were stressing out.

“Hello eonni. What are you doing here this early?” I went back to getting my backpack ready for school after hugging Nayoung eonni.

“San left some papers behind that need to be filled out before a meeting he has this morning.” She paused before speaking. “And Sooyoung told me she was making waffles for breakfast and I wanted some.” She laughed.

I smiled, grabbing my backpack off the bed and slinging it over my shoulder.

“Ooo, waffles. Yummy! Let’s go eonni, before Yoonsan eats them all.” I giggled, leading Nayoung out of my room.

“Yah, I heard that.” I gasped in surprise as I almost crashed into Yoonsan. If it hadn’t been for Nayoung eonni grabbing my backpack, I would’ve crashed into him.

“Why are you hanging around my room like that? I could’ve gotten hurt.” I snapped at him, but laughing so that he knew that I was only joking around.

“You got hurt? What about me? You just said that I’ll eat all the food. I’m not fat.” I laughed a little harder, rolling my eyes.

“It’s okay, Yoonsan. I like my men with nutella abs.” I nudged him with my elbow on his stomach.

We’ve come to joke like that after a few months living together. I’d say something like “I like my men…” or he’d say “I like my women…” I’m just glad we’re comfortable with each other because if not, this arrangement would be terrible.

“Psh, nutella abs.” It seemed like he was about to say something but I cut him off.

“Anything is nutella compared to Hojeong oppa’s.” He looked at me with a shocked expression.

“What are you doing looking at his abs?!” I giggled.

“You obviously don’t remember the pool party last month.”

Yoonsan ruffled my hair—a little roughly—before pulling my chair out for me. I thanked him, like I always did, before sitting down. I stuck my tongue out at him though as I fixed my hair.

“You two are disgustingly cute and you’re not even a couple. That is relationship goals right there.” Nayoung eonni pointed out but before she could say more, three maids came out and placed a plate in front of each of us with waffles, eggs, and bacon or sausage. I don’t like bacon—don’t kill me—so I got sausage. And my eggs were just the egg whites. There’s only two ways I eat my eggs and it’s either just the egg whites or over easy. I’m usually not picky…but just with breakfast foods.

“Eunjung, how’s your head? Have you been getting anymore headaches?” Yoonsan asked me.

“No, not lately. I think it was just the stress from school that was causing it. I’ve been drinking the tea and doing all the stuff the doctor has told me to do.” The past two months, I would get really bad headaches, almost like migraines. They would come at the most random times and I would get weird flashes of, something, each time. I’m not sure what they were, but it was like a memory. That’s the only word that I could think to describe them. And the headaches would get so bad that I couldn’t even get out of bed. I remember how worried Yoonsan and his—our?—friends were. And my eonnis. Even Mrs. Yoon had come over a few times during those episodes to check up on me. It touched my heart when she did because for a moment, I felt like I had a mother.

“Okay. That’s good. Let me know if they come back though so I can make an appointment.” I nodded my head, assuring him that I would.

“No dad, you’re sick and I don’t want you driving. Go back to bed.” The three of us turned to look at the kitchen and saw a sniffling Mr. Shin getting scolded by Sooyoung eonni.

“It’s just a cold, I’ll be fine.” Mr. Shin sounded so stuffed up. Did he get like this over the weekend?

“Dad, you can barely go a minute without-“ Mr. Shin let out a loud sneeze, cutting Sooyoung eonni off. “Sneezing.” She deadpanned.

“I can drive just fine.” Mr. Shin tried to assure her.

“Dad, you will not only be putting yourself in danger, but Miss Eunjung’s as well. I’m sure one of the other workers can drive her.” I decided to step in.

“Eonni is right, Mr. Shin. Your health comes first. I can just take the bus, I’ve done it before.”

“They’re right, uncle Shin. You really need to rest. I can drive Eunjung. It’s no big deal.” Yoonsan spoke up. When Mr. Shin saw that he as out numbered, he let out a sigh of defeat.

“Fine, you win.” Sooyoung eonni patted Mr. Shin on the back before ushering him back to…wherever it was that he came from.

“We’re only doing this because we love you.” Sooyoung eonni laughed.

After breakfast, I followed Yoonsan out to his car. “You sure about driving me? It doesn’t bother me to take the bus. I’ll be fine.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll take you. I realized that after 8 months of living together, I’ve never seen your school.” Yoonsan chuckled, opening my door for me. I smiled at him and got into his car.

He started the car and put the school name into his GPS. I would’ve given him directions, but I have no sense of direction. We probably would’ve ended up in the country side. When we pulled up to the school, I saw flyers had been posted everywhere and I didn’t need to see them to know what they were for. I involuntarily let out a groan.

“What’s wrong? Are we late?” Yoonsan began to look around outside through the windows and windshield.

“No, we’re not late. It’s just this thing that they’re doing for the graduating class. It’s a dinner for the students and their families and since I’m class president, I have to go but I don’t even think my family will so I’ll just be the only person there without anyone.” I shook my head.

“But it’s whatever though. I’ll survive.” I moved to leave the car when Yoonsan’s voice stopped me.

“When is it?” He asked me.

“Uh, in two weeks, on a Tuesday.” He nodded his head and it seemed like he was in deep thought before turning to me suddenly with a small smile on his face. It scared me a little.

“Have a nice day at school, Eunjung. What time do you get picked up, usually?”

“At around 6:30. At the day care center that’s right across the street from the school.” I pointed to the colorful building so Yoonsan knew which one.

“Okay, I’ll be here. Or Nayoung noona. Depends on work.” I smiled, shaking my head.

“It’s fine, Yoonsan, really. I’ll see you later. Have a nice day at work. Thank you for the ride.” I got out the car, waving to him before walking towards the school.

“Eunjung, you ready for next week?” Kangjun asked me as soon as I sat down. I laughed, shaking my head.

“What? You mean our class president and valedictorian isn’t ready for finals and the college entry exam?” Kangjun feigned shock.

“I don’t think any of us can ever be ready for them.” I told him. “And valedictorian isn’t announced until that dinner so how can you be so sure that I’m even valedictorian?”

“Oh please, Eunjung. If not you then who else? You’ve had top marks for as long as we’ve had classes together. I think everyone in here will be surprised if you’re not valedictorian. You even aced that crazy project Hong seonsaengnim gave us. You were the only one to get a perfect score.” He was right about that. The paper and project I had to do went by great. San had even kept his promise on helping the day after that dinner. That’s probably when we started getting comfortable with each other. When I had gotten my score back for both the project and exam, I almost fainted from shock. I wasn’t joking when I said Hong seonsaengnim was difficult with grading. San had even taken me out for a “date” to celebrate. We just went to an arcade and burger place and it had been our first “date” too.

“Okay Kangjun, whatever you say.” I giggled.

After school, I went to the daycare as usual. I greeted the workers and some of the parents that I saw as I looked for Edward.

Eunjung, come and help carry this.” I rolled my eyes, following the sound of Edward’s voice from the back. I found him carrying what looked to be boxes of toilet paper and paper towels and hand soap.

We need to restock some of the restrooms. Come help me.” I took a couple boxes from him and followed him.

So, what we were talking about at lunch today…you’re still not off the hook.” I groaned.

It’s nothing, Edward. You’re just looking too much into it. All he did was drive me to school.” Edward laughed.

No, no. It’s not just that. What you said happened in the morning at home. That’s what I’m talking about.” Edward clarified, smirking at me.

The nutella abs thing? I was just joking. Yoonsan and I joke like that all the time.” I got to work replacing the now empty toilet paper rolls while Edward stocked the paper towels.

But how he responded afterwards when you said something about seeing Hojeong’s abs.

You saw his abs too at the pool party. Sunny eonni almost started drooling.” I giggled at the memory of the pool party that we had for New Years at the mansion. I had invited Edward and some of his friends that I’ve met before and got along really well with. Sunny eonni was another Youtuber along with Edward but me and her had hit off real good when Edward introduced us. San had also invited his friends and it had been really fun.

Oh my god, don’t remind me. But that’s besides the point. I think he was genuinely jealous.” I shook my head, chuckling.

You seriously need to stop with your ship for Yoonsan and I. The only reason why we’re even together was because of the arrangement. Like, if it hadn’t been for that, I doubt we’d even cross paths.” I informed him. When Edward and Yoonsan finally met, Edward told me that we looked cute together. It didn’t help that it had been at the winter fair that the daycare center does and Yoonsan had won me a stuffed toy and we had matching headbands that a booth had given to us for free since we looked “cute” together.

I’m just saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if you two genuinely grew feelings for one another.” Edward shrugged his shoulders.

You seriously need to stop watching so many dramas.” 


A/N I apologize for such a HUGE time skip but I felt it is needed or else this story would get way too long. There are parts that I really want to get to but I have to build up to it so it doesn't seem rushed but I don't want to the story to drag on either. Soooo...yeah! How do you like the story so far??? Please leave comments, they make me feel loved XD jk, jk, you reading the story makes me feel loved enough^^