Chapter 54

Rain On Me

A/N Didn't expect to have this chapter done so quick. Read chapters 50, 51, 52, and 53 before reading this.


Author’s Point of View

 

Angie stopped the car, ignoring the horns from the angry drivers behind her. Her and Taehyun got out of the car, Angie flipping off the drivers, and headed first to the shop that Yoonsan had been in front in.

Can I help you?” The shop owner asked.

Did you see an Asian man here earlier? Possibly showing signs of distress.” Angie cooly asked as she looked around the shop. The shop owner scoffed.

Yeah I saw him. Punk yelled at me when I told him about a scuffle that broke out in front of my shop. Where he went after that, beats me.” The shop owner said snidely. Angie finally looked at the shop owner, calm expression on her face.

I see some things here that causes me concern. Would be a shame if you lost your business because of something so petty.” Angie smiled a sweet smile but her tone said that she meant business as she flashed her badge that she kept with her on all times. Taehyun watched the whole scene in awe.

I saw some old lady help him into the café next door.” The shop owner said, looking visibly worried at the sight of the badge. Angie’s smiled got a bit wider as she cocked her head to the side.

Good job, buddy.” And with that, she was walking out the shop with Taehyun following close behind her. They went to the café and found Yoonsan with an old lady. Yoonsan had a lost look in his eye while Mushu stuck close to him, resting his head on Yoonsan’s knee. The old lady seemed to be trying to coax Yoonsan to speak.

M’am, I got it from here. Thank you for your help.” Angie offered the old lady a sweet smile as she flashed her badge. The old lady walked away as Taehyun took her spot.

“San, let’s go man. Rani and Angie are going to find Eunjung, okay.” Taehyun reassured as he guided Yoonsan to stand. Angie got Mushu’s leash and lead the way out to her car. She opened the door for Yoonsan so Taehyun could get Yoonsan into the car. Once Angie was sure that Yoonsan was settled, she allowed Mushu to hop in before closing the door. Her and Taehyun got in the front and Angie sent a quick text to an intern to pick up Yoonsan’s car.

“San, we’ll find her, okay. Don’t worry, hun, okay.” Angie spoke comfortingly as she drove to hers and Rani’s house. Yoonsan didn’t respond but Angie didn’t expect him to. When they got to the house, Angie couldn’t park in the garage or not even on the driveway because of the different cars there she she just parked on the curb. Taehyun opened the door and got Yoonsan out while Angie grabbed Mushu’s leash. The three walked into the house to find the living has been turned into a mini HQ. Angie hadn’t expected any less but Taehyun seemed surprise at the changes and the people running around. Rani was giving orders and stopped only long enough to acknowledge them before continuing. Angie lead them into the kitchen where they found Moonkyu and Junhyuk sitting at the kitchen table, both of them looking like they had been crying.

“San…” Moonkyu gently called, his voice snapping Yoonsan out of his trance. Yoonsan and Moonkyu made eye contact before Yoonsan fell to his knees and sobbed.

“I’m sorry hyung, I’m so sorry!” Yoonsan repeated as he sobbed, bowing to Moonkyu who only went over to Yoonsan to stand him up and pull him into a hug.

“It’s not your fault, San. It’s not your fault.” Moonkyu assured as he shed his own tears. Junhyuk came over and pulled them both into a hug, Taehyun joining as well while the four of them tried to comfort one another. Angie had to tear her gaze away from the scene to keep herself from crying. She excused herself from room after taking Mushu’s harness off and letting the dog roam free.

How is it in there?” Rani asked once Angie stood next to her in the living room.

They’re a mess.” Angie said, swallowing the lump in . While it hurt Rani and Angie, they couldn’t let their emotions take over if they wanted this done right. It killed Rani to not be able to comfort any of them but her and Angie were put in charge of this and had a job to do. She knew Junhyuk would understand but that doesn’t mean it didn’t bother her any less.

I figured. But we have a job to do right now, Angie. The quicker we find Colette and Keith, the quicker we can get Eunjung back.” Rani said. Angie nodded her head, knowing full well what they had to do.

Did you get access to the security cameras in the area?” Angie asked.

We’re working on it. They thought hard on this and made sure to make it difficult for us to follow their tracks.” Rani sighed as he looked over at where someone was working on trying to get access to the footage. Since they didn’t have an exact time of when Eunjung was taken so they were going to go from when Yoonsan called Rani and back.

We’re going through phone call records that NSA sent over with certain keywords, the same for SNS accounts and we’re trying to get in touch with Keith’s family and anyone associated with Keith and Bridgette.” Rani informed Angie.

Someone is bringing everything that we’ve accumulated over the years so you and I could go through those to see if there’s anything. The police department is sending some officers to the area to see if there were any witnesses. The Korean embassy was also informed of everything going on.” Rani sighed. Her boss tried hard to keep this as low-profile as he could but word got to the Korean embassy that a Korean citizen—a high class Korean citizen to be exact—was kidnapped so they are now working as well to find Eunjung.

That means that her parents will be contacted, right?” Angie wondered.

Yep.” Rani confirmed with one word. Angie her teeth before responding.

Do you think they’ll come down?” Angie questioned. Rani merely shook her head.

Doubt it.” And the conversation between the two stopped there.

Rani, Angie, I got in.” Rani and Angie both walked over to the computer that had the person that was working on the security cameras.

What did you get for us, Alexa?” Angie and Rani looked at the computer screen as Alexa worked on getting the exact footage.

Found when she was kidnapped.” Alexa played the footage, Rani and Angie watching as a truck pulled up in front of Eunjung who was busy with her phone. It was still until one of the truck doors opened and they saw a white male grab Eunjung.

Pause.” Angie said. Alexa paused the footage and Angie had her go back a few seconds to where you can see the profile of the man. “Would that be enough to see about getting a face match from the system?” Angie looked at Rani who was studying the footage, looking for any clues.

We could try. Alexa, enlarge it then capture the footage and send it to the police department for them to scan. Let’s finish looking at the footage.” Rani ordered. Alexa pressed play and the three watched the footage. They saw when Eunjung was pulled into the truck—not without a fight which made Rani and Angie proud—and they saw as Mushu tried to jumped into the truck and attack who was grabbing Eunjung. They didn’t have audio but they knew Eunjung was screaming so the three of them were questioning why no one came to her rescue. Eunjung was pulled completely into the truck and the door closed.

Why are they still parked there?” Angie wondered as the truck didn’t move. She knew the footage didn’t freeze because Mushu was obviously trying to attack the truck.

I have no idea.” Rani muttered, wondering the same thing. The three continued to watch the footage and all three flinched when they saw the window roll down and a hand stick out with a gun. The saw the gun go off before the truck finally sped away.

Not that I’m complaining but how the hell did he miss?” Angie furrowed her eyebrows. Even she wasn’t that bad at shooting a gun.

I don’t know but we need to figure out who these people are because that wasn’t Keith who pulled her into the truck and that was a black man’s arm with the gun.” Rani pointed out.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, the four boys were sitting at the kitchen table, Yoonsan between Moonkyu and Junhyuk while Taehyun tried to make himself useful. While Taehyun was close to Eunjung and was terrified for her, he wasn’t as close to her like Junhyuk, Moonkyu, and Yoonsan were so he didn’t find himself crying as much as them. He felt more emotionally stable than them. Right now, he was working on making them coffee and getting water for Mushu who made himself at home by Yoonsan’s feet.

“Hyungs, San, they’ll find her. Don’t worry.” Taehyun tried to reassure them as he put a coffee mug in front of each. Oh how he wished Sungwoon and Hojeong had come with them.

“The last thing I did was argue with her.” Yoonsan said before crying again, hating himself more and more.

“No, it’s not the last thing because noona and Angie won’t let it be the last thing. You’re going to see Eunjung again and you are going to tell her that you love her.” Taehyun said with a bit of force. It earned him a sad smile from Junhyuk who’s eyes were bloodshot.

“Aigoo, where did my son get his positivity from?” Taehyun smiled a small smile.

“From you, of course.” If Taehyun needed to be their shoulders to cry on and their support, he was going to be exactly that.

“Kidmon is right, San. You’ll see Eunjungie again. We’ll all see her again.” Moonkyu assured, giving Yoonsan a tight hug as he tried to hold back his own tears.

Yoonsan’s phone rang at that moment and Yoonsan was surprised to see that it was his mom. He answered it quickly after making sure his voice was stable.

“Hi mom.” Yoonsan tried to sound cheerful but was shocked to hear her crying on the other end.

“San, is it true? Was Eunjung really kidnapped?” Yoonsan let out a curse when more tears began to form in his own eyes. “San, what happened? The embassy isn’t telling us anymore details.” Mina tried to steady her voice but had difficulty doing it.

“Colette took her, mom. That ing took her.” Yoonsan angrily got out as he cried. Mina broke down into sobs at the other end of the line. Yoonsan heard his father speak to her before the line went dead. Junhyuk and Moonkyu wrapped their arms around Yoonsan as he cried, the two crying as well while Taehyun prayed that Eunjung gets found.

I got in contact with the girl that claims to know Bridgette.” An agent said. “She’s agreed to Skype with us, I’m transferring it to the big screen.” Everyone’s attention in the living room immediately went to the television where you could see a timid looking girl with wiry glasses.

Hello, do you know English?” Rani asked.

Not well.” The timid girl spoke with a heavy French accent. Rani let out a sigh before speaking in French.

What’s your name?

Adalene Durand.” Came the quiet reply. Angie snuck a picture of the girl before going into the kitchen.

“San, I have a question I need to ask you.” All four boys looked up at Angie.

“What is it?” Yoonsan asked, wiping at his eyes. Angie approached with her phone, putting it in front of him on the table.

“Do you recognize this girl?” Angie asked. Yoonsan stared at the picture before getting up from the table and storming into the living room, Taehyun and Angie close behind since they were already standing.

What did she do to her?!” Yoonsan yelled at the screen, scaring Adalene.

I don’t know! I didn’t even know she left Korea! I’ve been stuck here for a month because my visa! I’m sorry, so sorry!” The girl sounded on the verge of tears.

Bullshiit you’re sorry! You helped her plan everything! You helped her in South Korea, you were in on everything!” Yoonsan looked like he was about to destroy the television.

“Taehyun, get him out of here. The four of you, go to one of the rooms.” Rani ordered. Taehyun did as he was told, grabbing Yoonsan and pulling him out of the living room with the help of Junhyuk and Moonkyu. Rani gave Angie a “what the hell?!” look. Angie shrugged her shoulders.

We needed to be sure we weren’t wasting our time.” Rani rolled her eyes before turning back to the screen only to find Adalene crying. Too much emotions for her in one day.

It’s okay now, he’s gone.” Adalene cried for a few more minute before speaking.

I really didn’t know about anything.” Adalene promised.

Then how did you and Bridgette first meet?” Angie spoke up, using a gentle tone. Rani let out a relieved sigh, happy that Angie was able to do that because she really wasn’t down to play the good cop role right now.

Who’s Bridgette?” Adalene wondered.

Sorry, I mean Colette. How did you two first meet?” Angie asked.

We met at a park when we were young. She was my first friend and the first person to be nice to me.” Adalene said.

Was she a model?” Rani asked. Adalene nodded her head.

No. She never did anything that took time away from being with San. They were really good friends. She told him she was a model though and would have me take pictures of her to show him.” Adalene explained. Every agent in the room exchanged a look.

Didn’t you find it weird though?” Rani wondered. Adalene shook her head.

I was just trying to help her out. She was my first and only friend. When he moved away though, Colette got weird. She would occasionally go on rants about how no one would love him like she did. No one would care about him like she did, how he promised to never leave her.” Angie and Rani exchanged a look before Angie spoke up.

How was she when you were Korea?” Adalene looked terrified at this.

I had never seen this side. How she was in France, was nothing compared to this. She got possessive and talked about how she would kill her.” Angie held a hand up, stopping Adalene.

Kill who?” Angie wondered.

I’m not too sure of her name. Something-jung.” Adalene said. “Eunjung?” Rani offered, causing Adalene to nod her head.

Yes! Eunjung! She said how she was a tramp, followed her around and took pictures. When she went out for dinner, Colette would come back with a cologne bottle, a piece of jewelry, or an article of clothing. I figured out it was San’s when I found her dancing around the room one day with a cardigan and calling it San. She ended up beating me after she caught me.” Adalene hugged her sweater tightly around her.

How often did she beat you?” Angie asked.

Whenever I reminded her of a fake schedule when she was with San. We went to a jewelry store once and after, I had gotten the worst beating. I still have bruises from it.” Adalene shuddered.

Why?” Rani asked.

Because Colette had caused Eunjung to trip and hit her face on the glass case. I reminded her about a fake schedule, getting her away from San and when we got back to our hotel, I tried scolding her about what she did to Eunjung. I was used to the beatings though.” Adalene looked down.

Why do you keep saying fake schedule?” Rani wondered.

She wanted me to pretend to be her manager while we were there and told me to bring up her having a schedule. I don’t know why she would hit though when I brought it up because I was just doing as she told me.” Adalene sniffled.

What do you know about Colette’s past?” Angie asked, a sympathetic tone to her voice.

Not much. She never mentioned her parents but she was rich. I never saw her at school either. She told me she went to a private school so I just believed her. She was my best friend but she left me here when she found out San left Korea. I have no one back in France so I don’t know what to do. The hotel room is still getting paid for but I don’t know Korean and hardly know English.” Adalene sounded like she was about to cry.

Alright, thank you Adalene. You have been a lot of help. If we need to, can we get in contact with you again?” Angie asked. Adalene nodded her head, wiping at her nose with her sweater sleeve. Rani and Angie bid Adalene goodbye before Adalene hung up.

Bridgette knew how to prey on the weak.” Rani pointed out. Angie was about to make a comment when Taehyun came running in with Yoonsan’s phone.

“San got a text from Colette.” Taehyun handed the phone to Angie who read the message out loud.

I always get what I want.” Angie then read off an address that was in the text, prompting an agent to put the address into the computer to get a clear idea of where it was. “Come alone, no cops. Tell no one and Eunjung will stay safe.” Rani looked to Taehyun.

“What did San say?” She asked.

“He says he wants to go and talk with her.”