Chapter 58

Rain On Me

 A/N Read chapters 55, 56, and 57 before this


Author’s Point of View

 

Yoonsan stood still as an agent skillfully put a microphone on him, making sure it was hidden from view but would still pick up a clear voice. Other agents had gone to the location to put more microphones and cameras while Angie and Rani went over the plan with their boss, making sure everything was fine. Junhyuk, Moonkyu, and Taehyun stood off to the side, watching as the agent explained to Yoonsan how the microphone worked and going over the safe word incase something happened and the agents needed to swoop in.

When the agent walked away after being sure that Yoonsan completely understood, Junhyuk approached Yoonsan with Moonkyu and Taehyun trailing behind.

“Do you know what you’re doing?” Junhyuk asked, his face looking swollen from crying while his eyes were still bloodshot. Yoonsan had willed himself to stop crying after he got the text from Colette. He was now running on his anger towards Colette.

“I can’t just sit around and do nothing. If it was me that was kidnapped and Eunjung was in my shoes, she would do the same thing.” Yoonsan simply said.

“But what if you get hurt? Think of the guilt Eunjung would feel.” Junhyuk pleaded.

“Think of the guilt I would feel if I did nothing and Eunjung ends up gone forever.” Yoonsan spat out, Junhyuk flinching.

“San, Rani and Angie do this thing for a living. Let them handle it.” Moonkyu decided to come in.

“She is my wife. I’m supposed to be taking care of her, no one else.” Yoonsan was trying hard to keep calm but it was getting difficult.

“You don’t have to take the burden on by yourself. Eunjung wouldn’t want you to.” Moonkyu said.

“Stop talking about her like she’s dead! She’s not!” Yoonsan finally exploded, causing everyone to stop what they were doing and turn to look at them.

Rani and Angie stopped talking and looked back at where the little group was. “Is everything alright?” Rani called out. Taehyun smiled and assured them that everything was fine before pushing his hyungs and Yoonsan into the kitchen where they could talk more in private and not disturb everyone.

“Look, San, we get you’re stressing out, we all are but our hyungs are just trying to look out for you.” Taehyun scolded Yoonsan. He didn’t usually pull the hyung card with Yoonsan since Yoonsan usually acted more mature than Taehyun but this was one of those times.

“I know Eunjung’s your wife and love her but your not the only one who cares about her. She’s Moonkyu hyung’s little sister and Junhyuk hyung loves her like a little sister. But you’re also like our brother. We can’t lose you too.” Taehyun sighed when he saw Yoonsan tearing up.

“I’m sorry hyungs.” Yoonsan apologized just as he began to cry. Junhyuk and Moonkyu pulled him into a tight hug as the three cried together. Taehyun let out a sigh as he watched the scene. This was getting too draining for him. Mushu came over at that time and nudged Taehyun’s hand, prompting Taehyun to scratch his head. Mushu looked up at Taehyun with a face that looked like he was giving Taehyun support. Taehyun chuckled, glad that he at least had the dog to help him.

“Just be careful, San. That’s all we ask. Get back safely.” Junhyuk choked out.

Later Yoonsan was driving to the spot that Colette wanted them to meet. Or, should he say, Bridgette. The entire drive, Yoonsan felt his hands sweat and a bad feeling began to grow in his stomach the closer her got. He tried to push the feeling away and reassure himself that everything will be fine but a voice at the back of his head was telling him otherwise.

“Everything will be fine, San. Just think of Eunjung. You’re doing this for Eunjung.” Yoonsan repeated to himself like a mantra as he walked into the warehouse that Bridgette picked.

“San, don’t worry, okay. Everything will be fine.” Yoonsan flinched when he heard Angie’s voice come from the microphone in his ear.

“Don’t mess this up, .” Yoonsan rolled his eyes at Rani’s words of support.

Yoonsan took a deep breath when he heard another car approach. He turned around and watched as the car stopped, Bridgette getting out. She smiled when she saw him and hurried towards him. Bridgette went for a hug but Yoonsan side stepped, avoiding her completely.

San, why are you acting like this? Aren’t you happy to see me?” Bridgette tilted her head.

No, Colette, I’m not. Or should I say, Bridgette Andrews.” Bridgette visibly paled. Yoonsan smirked at her reaction.

What are you talking about? My name is Colette Bellrose.” Bridgette said with a shakey voice, laughing a little.

Yoosan tsked and shook his head. “You almost make me feel sorry for you, Bridgette. I probably would but you took my wife. You’ve disturbed the life that Eunjung and I had made for ourselves here. You almost ruined our marriage before it happened and almost ruined her chances to go to college and I cannot forgive that.” Yoonsan said with a stern voice.

No, I, I did all of that because she took you from me. You were mine. I had you first. You and I were supposed to be together forever.” Yoonsan sighed and closed his eyes.

No, Bridgette. We weren’t. You need help, Bridgette and there are people who are willing to help you get what you need but you need to give Eunjung back.” Bridgette shook her head quickly.

No, San. She’ll get in the way of us. Didn’t you love me, before you met her? You and I could’ve been together. Wouldn’t you want a model instead?” Bridgette moved closer to Yoonsan who moved back.

You’re not a model. I know everything, Bridgette. You made Adalene pretend to be your manager and had her take pictures of you. You stole money from people while you lived on your own. You even beat Adalene! You’re crazy, Bridgette and you need help.” Yoonsan heard Angie and Rani both in his ear reminding him to keep calm and to find out where Eunjung was.

No, I’m not crazy. My mother said I wasn’t crazy.” Bridgette growled out.

You need help, Bridgette and I can get you the help if you just tell me where Eunjung is.” Bridgette shook her head.

“Never. You’ll never find her. If I can’t have you, no one can.” And with that, Bridgette took off running but Yoonsan was quick to grab her. Bridgette shoved Yoonsan away though with strength that surprised him but when she pushed him, she hit the wire, causing feedback to come through the microphone in his ear and the one clipped to his shirt. Yoonsan let out a yell and grabbed the mic, yanking it from his ear and throwing it down but not before yelling out the safe word, hoping the agents heard it over the feedback.

You’re wired.” Bridgette gaped before sprinting to her car. Yoonsan ran after her, but she had already gotten into her car and was driving away. Yoonsan did the only thing he could think off was jump in front of the car that was speeding away. All he felt was pain throughout his whole body as he heard people yelling.

Oh !” He heard Rani and then footsteps running away the same time he heard footsteps getting closer.

“San, stay with us San.” He recognized Angie’s voice and let out a groan. The pain was making it hard for him to stay awake.

“San, you did great San but you just gotta stay awake. Alexa, call an ambulance!” Angie yelled out before attending back to Yoonsan. She tried to asses his wounds but didn’t want to touch him incase she broke something.

Rani had chased after the car, shooting at the tires in hope of hitting them but it was too dark for her to get a clear shot and she only got the window and the back of the car before it got away. “Damnit!” She yelled out in frustration before going back to the scene. The feedback from Yoonsan’s microphone transmitted back to them so they didn’t hear Yoonsan yell out the safe word.

Rani got back just as the ambulance arrived. She watched as the EMTs got Yoonsan on a gurney. , she thought as she watched the EMTs take Yoonsan into the hospital but she was finding really hard not to cry at this point. Rani stood next to Angie as the two watched the ambulance speed away to get to the nearest hospital.

What the hell was that idiot thinking?” Rani grumbled. Angie sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

I don’t know, but he called out for Eunjung before passing out.” Angie turned to look at Rani with a grim expression and all Rani could do was wrap and arm around the small girl, taking on the role of eonni.

Let’s go to the hospital so I can call the guys and let them know.” Rani guided Angie to her jeep.

That’s going to be a difficult phonecall.” Angie sighed as she got in the passenger’s side, Rani getting behind the wheel.

Yeah but it’s call I have to make.” Rani simply said before starting the jeep.

When the girls got to the hospital, Yoonsan had been taken into surgery. They had a few hours to wait till they got any clear word on Yoonsan’s condition but Rani knew Junhyuk would appreciate the call, regardless of how long he’d have to wait at the hospital.

“My love, how did everything go? Is everything okay? Are we getting Eunjung back?” Rani bit her lip to control her voice before speaking.

“Uh, it uh, didn’t go too well. We had some technical difficulties and…” Rani took a deep breath before continuing to speak. “Yoonsan got hurt and is in surgery right now. We don’t have any word on his condition but an agent is on their way to pick you three up and bring you to the hospital.” Rani shut her eyes when she heard Junhyuk let out a strangled gasp on the other end and knew that he was sobbing.

“We’ll see you soon, my love.” She heard him say before the line went dead. Rani went back to the waiting room where Angie was on the phone with their boss and sat in one of the chairs. She dropped her head into her hands and willed herself to not cry. She only began to cry though when she saw Junhyuk, Moonkyu, and Taehyun and a wave of guilt hit her like a ton of bricks. Junhyuk took her into his arms and the two cried together, Junhyuk assuring her that it wasn’t her fault.

Are you family of the patient that just came in?” A doctor came out with bloody scrubs, causing Junhyuk and Moonkyu to turn away at the sight, Rani shielding them.

The one in the car accident?” Angie inquired. The doctor nodded his head. “Yes, we are. How is he?” Angie asked. The doctor let out a heavy sigh that they all knew wasn’t good.

Surgery went well but he’s still in critical condition. He may make it through the night, may not but it’s up to him. He went into a coma after surgery and when he wakes up, we don’t know. Everything at this point, is up to him.” The doctor said before walking away. Angie tried her best to translate for the guys without letting her emotions get to her and she nearly lost it when she saw Junhyuk basically crumble to the floor and sob. Taehyun let his strong façade, that he’d been good at keeping up to this point, go and he began to cry as well. Moonkyu dropped onto one of the waiting chairs and dropped his head into his heads, sobbing and all Rani and Angie could do at this point really was offer comfort.