Chapter 14

Rain On Me

After dinner, the maids cleared the table and Sooyoung eonni got ready to leave.

“You can’t stay, noona?” Hojeong oppa pouted.

“I’m sorry hun. Nayoung and I made plans to watch Step Brothers tonight. It’s like, her favorite American comedy and she’s been bugging me to watch it with her.” Sooyoung eonni put her coat on that a maid brought for her.

The boys said their goodbyes to Sooyoung eonni and after, I walked her to the door, Yoonsan following behind us.

“Do you go back and forth between here and your home? I thought everyone slept here.” Or that’s how it was at my old home. I wasn’t too sure how it worked here.

“A lot of the workers do stay here but I have an apartment that’s not too far. I would’ve moved in here if it weren’t for Nayoung whining about being alone at her apartment.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes, laughing.  I hugged Sooyoung eonni bye.

“See you tomorrow, eonni.” I waved to her as she walked out. She turned around to wave as well.

“Get home safe, noona.” Yoonsan and I waited at the door until we didn’t see Sooyoung eonni anymore. I followed Yoonsan back to the living room, sitting on one of the leather, close to the ground, chair. It was wide and when I sat all the way back, my feet couldn’t reach the ground but I didn’t sit all the way back this time, in case I need to get something.

“Eunjung, what do you want to go to school for?” Hojeong oppa asked me.

“I’m not really sure yet. But I do know for sure that I want to work with kids.” I smiled.

“Junhyuk hyung said that you’re really smart.” Kidmon oppa exclaimed.

“Yeah! And Timo hyung said that you’ll probably be valedictorian when you graduate high school.” Moonkyu oppa talks about me?

“You’d make a really good children’s doctor.” Hojeong oppa concluded with a smile. I was about to tell him about how that would be a terrible idea when Moonkyu oppa spoke up as he walked around the room, examining everything.

“She faints at the sight of blood. She’d be a terrible doctor.” Moonkyu oppa took a book off the shelf, flipping through it before putting it back.

I just nodded my head, agreeing with him.

“Really? Yah, San, did you know this?” Yoonsan looked a little lost, shaking his head to answer Kidmon oppa’s question.

“What?! How did you not know that your fiancé passes out when she sees blood? That is very vital information to know.” Sungwoon oppa wagged his finger at Yoonsan.

“It’s not Yoonsan’s fault, oppa. It just really hasn’t come up into conversation.” Yoonsan gave me a thankful look.

“What?! What do you two talk about?” Sungwoon oppa wondered.

Yoonsan and I looked at each other. What did we talk about? What do we even know about each other? He knows about how much I love school, my project, I think I’ve mentioned the daycare to him…I think. I know he works at the same company as his father, what exactly, I don’t know. I know that he doesn’t have the same type of views for a lot of things as our parents and that he lived in France and he’s close with Sooyoung eonni and my oppa. I think that’s it. Do we not really know anything about each other?

“Ohmygod, they’re going to get married but they don’t know about each other.” Kidmon oppa sighed, shaking his head.

“Don’t worry guys, give them time. They’re still trying to get used to all this.” Junhyuk oppa assured them.  Both Yoonsan and I gave him a thankful smile. I was beginning to feel awkward about where this conversation was going and I could tell that Yoonsan was too.

“Have you been shown the house yet?” I asked them. They shook their heads no and Sungwoon oppa and Kidmon oppa excitedly stood up from the couch, pulling me up from my chair and hugging me by my arms as they pushed me in the direction of the stairs.

“Give us a tour of your home, Eunjungie!” Kidmon oppa cheered. I looked back to everyone else, unsure of what to do.

“Hyungs, you’re scaring her.” Yoonsan came to my rescue, pulling me away from the two.

Yoonsan and I together showed everyone the house. When we got to the garden though, Yoonsan was surprised to see it as well.

“What?! We have a garden?!” Yoonsan exclaimed. We all looked at him like he was insane.

“You didn’t know your own house had a garden?” Hojeong oppa questioned in disbelief.

“Your mom even said this was her favorite part of the house. How did you not know?” I couldn’t believe that Yoonsan never knew about this beautiful garden.

“My mom wanted to show me the house with you but work has me busy. I only know the kitchen, dining room, and what’s upstairs. I didn’t even know about the basement and what was in it.” Yoonsan admitted.

“Well San, now you know of the garden.” Junhyuk oppa said, clapping a hand on Yoonsan’s shoulder.

“Let’s go back inside. I think Sooyoung eonni said something about dessert in the kitchen.” As soon as I said dessert, Sungwoon oppa, Kidmon oppa, Hojeong oppa, and Junhyuk oppa ran back into the house, leaving Yoonsan, Moonkyu oppa, and I behind.

“Aish, why do I hang out with them?” I heard Moonkyu oppa mutter.

“I wonder the same thing too, hyung.” Yoonsan chuckled, making room for me so that I walked inside before them.

When we got to the kitchen, the other four managed to find the double chocolate chip cookies and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that Sooyoung eonni had baked. I tried to hold back my cheer at the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. They are my favorite type of cookies. I love anything with white chocolate.

“San…can I move in?” Kidmon oppa asked around a mouthful of cookie.

“No, hyung.” Yoonsan simply said, taking a cookie.

“But why? There’s so much space!” Kidmon oppa complained.

“Yeah…unless you two are planning on having kids.” Sungwoon oppa smirked. It caused Yoonsan and I to choke on our cookies.

“Yah! Aish, you two…” Junhyuk oppa quickly found two cups, filling them with water and handing them to us while Hojeong oppa patted our backs.

“Hyungs!” Yoonsan complained once he was able to talk. It took me a while, since I had taken a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. I think one of the nuts wasn’t fully chewed.

“Eunjung, are you okay?” Yoonsan asked me, when I was still coughing. I nodded my head, finally feeling my throat was clear of anything.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I sighed out, taking a sip of water.

Yoonsan glared at Sungwoon oppa and Kidmon oppa. “Aish, you two nearly killed her.”

Later, we were back in the living room. We were all having a good time, until I noticed how late it was getting and remembered my project. I stood up, being able to sneak away from them. If I could work for just a few minutes, I’ll feel better about not working on the project tomorrow.

“Where are you going?” I stopped, halfway up the staircase. I turned and saw that it was Yoonsan.

“Um…restroom?” I internally smacked myself at how it sounded so much like a question.

“Uh-huh. And why go upstairs when there’s a restroom downstairs?” Yoonsan raised an eyebrow.

I tried to think of an excuse but I knew there was none that would work.

“Okay. I just wanted to work on my project for a few minutes.” I admitted. Yoonsan chuckled, shaking his head.

“Eunjung, tell you what. If you don’t work on your project today, I promise to help you all day Sunday to get it done.” What? He would do that?

“You would do that?” I questioned. Yoonsan smiled a small smile, nodding his head.

“I admire your dedication to school but you also need to relax and rest sometimes. Tomorrow is going to be stressful so use the rest of tonight to relax and unwind from this whole week. Now let’s get back to the living room, before Kidmon hyung or Sungwoon hyung get any ideas.” I hurried down the staircase to Yoonsan’s side.

“Pinky promise?” I held a pinky out. I know it’s childish but…don’t judge me.

“Pinky promise.” He linked his pinky with mine. I smiled at him and he soon mirrored my smile before the two of us went back to the living room.