Chapter 50

Rain On Me

 A/N Expect a couple more updates, one after the other up until Chapter 53


A week after the incident at the mall and with the sign, I was feeling better. I was still scared and nervous but the restraining order had gone through which made me feel safer. Yoonsan hated leaving me by myself though and has tried, on numerous occasions, to take me to work with him. It had caused an argument to break out between us when I declined to go with him or to have anyone come over. I hated feeling like I was being babysat and wanted us to go about our days as we normally did. Yoonsan finally gave up the argument though but gave me the silent treatment for a few days.

“Jagi, I’m leaving to work now.” I looked up from a present that I had been wrapping and smiled at Yoonsan.

“Okay babe, have a good day.” Yoonsan came over to give me a quick kiss and to say the same thing he says every time he’s about to leave.

“Don’t open the door to anyone; when you take Mushu for a walk, call someone so they’re on the phone with you; if anything suspicious happens, call Rani or Angie.” Yoonsan continued to list more things that he wanted me to do, things that he say every time he leaves so I have it memorized.

“Yes, Yoonsan, I know. I know. We go over this every time you leave. I’ll be fine, babe. Mushu is here. Rani and Angie are on speed-dial. Everything will be fine.” I assured him with a sigh. Yoonsan gave me another kiss goodbye before leaving for work. I heard the door lock and then I slumped back against the couch, the still unwrapped present now forgotten. As much as I appreciated how worried Yoonsan got, I felt suffocated. I wasn’t allowed to leave the apartment without anyone and I felt like I was basically on a leash. Is this how Mushu felt?

I grabbed my phone to text someone. Maybe someone won’t be busy so we could hang out.

 

Author’s Point of View

 

Rani’s phone went off as her and Angie were out shopping. Angie looked over at Rani as she got her phone out, leaving Angie to drop a sack of flour into their shopping cart.

Who is it? Is it Junhyuk?” Angie wondered, taking charge of pushing the cart as her and Rani walked to a different aisle.

No, it’s Eunjung. She’s bored at home.” Rani explained as she worked on replying to the text.

Oh, should we go see her after this?” Angie asked as she took the list from Rani and began crossing off the items they had put in the cart already.

You can go see her but I need to go and do something after this.” Rani explained.

Angie and Rani finished their grocery shopping and headed back home so Rani could drop off the groceries and Angie before going to do what she needed to do.

Why do I feel like I should get my face on?” Angie asked Rani as they put the groceries away.

I don’t know.” Rani shrugged, hiding the smirk on her face. Angie scrunched up her nose as she put some things into the refrigerator. When the two finished, Rani got her keys to her jeep and told Angie she’d be back later. Angie sent a text to Eunjung that she was on her way to pick her up so the two can hang out.

Thank you so much, Ang. I was going crazy.” Eunjung sighed as her and Angie pulled up to a Starbucks drive-thru. Angie grinned at Eunjung before studying the menu. Mushu occasionally stuck his head between the front seats and tried to climb to sit on Eunjung’s lap.

Don’t worry about it. I can only imagine what it’s like being cooped up in the house all day.” Angie shook her head.

I’m grateful for Yoonsan being worried but it’s beginning to feel suffocating. I’m so bored, our apartment looks like a winter wonderland. I think I’ve done every pinterest Christmas diy.” Eunjung scolded Mushu when he tried to climb into the front again.

But it’s only been a week.” Angie said as they pulled up to the window, getting their drinks. She handed Eunjung her’s—being mindful of how hot the cup was—before taking a sip of her drink.

Exactly. I usually go shopping around the area with Mushu or take him to the park but ever since last week, Yoonsan’s made sure to keep me home or within arms reach. Poor Mushu has been locked up in the house with me if it’s not for his potty walks.” Eunjung reached back to scratch Mushu behind the ear, prompting the Doberman to try and climb to the front.

Ahhh, well, today will be a change of scenery. Kind of. You’ve been wanting me to teach you how to contour and bake your face, right?” Eunjung nodded her head with a smile. “We need to buy the proper things though. I have some sponges at home but we need the right colors for your skin. Mine might be too dark even if I’m not that dark.” Angie laughed as she drove to a makeup store. No need to worry about Mushu since her badge got him in wherever.

By the way, where’s Rani?” Eunjung wondered as she took a careful sip of her coffee.

She had somewhere she needed to go. She didn’t specifically tell me what but something tells me I need to do my face for it.” Angie explained.

Rani stood in a crowd, doing what everyone else was doing and watching the glass doors. She’d occasionally look down at her phone for a text or to scroll through her Instagram feed. Sometimes it was Angie sending her snapchats of Eunjung getting her makeup done. Rani was happy to see Eunjung having fun and wished to solve everything quicker so Eunjung and Yoonsan can be happy.

“NOONA/MY LOVE!” Rani rolled her eyes before lifting a hand to wave to Junhyuk, Taehyun, and Moonkyu. Moonkyu seemed to be the only normal one of the three but that didn’t surprise her. The three pushed through the crowd, Junhyuk more aggressive than the others, and finally reached Rani. Junhyuk pulled Rani into a long kiss, earning sounds of disgust from Taehyun.

“Yah! It’s been forever since we’ve seen each other! Shut up or we won’t introduce you to the girl I was telling you about.” Junhyuk threatened, prompting Taehyun to hush up. Once Junhyuk and Rani had their little moment, Rani greeted Taehyun and Moonkyu both with a hug before the four of them were leaving the airport to Rani’s jeep.

“I can’t wait to see San and Eunjungie! And you’re sure you didn’t tell them? I want this visit to be a surprise.” Junhyuk grinned as he looked at the familiar streets of Washington D.C. It feels like it’s been less than a month since he first came here.

“Yes, sweetie. Neither of them know and neither does Angie. It’ll be a surprise for everyone.” Rani couldn’t help but smirk. Hopefully they get home when Angie still has her bake going.

“I’m so excited! You guys will love it here! And you’ll love Angie too. She’s great!” Junhyuk continued to talk about Angie and then acted like tour guide when they passed by a place he had visited before. Moonkyu and Taehyun acted the part of tourists and took pictures along with the occasional selfie that was sent to Hojeong and Sungwoon.

Rani pulled into the driveway, giddy with excitement. At a closeby stop sign, she had opened a snapchat from Angie where she was still baking her face with Eunjung curling her hair. Hopefully Angie still hadn’t brushed off the excess, Rani thought as she opened the door leading to the kitchen. Mushu greeted them, Rani patting the dog’s head before allowing the three boys to start fawning over the dog.

“You got a dog, my love?” Junhyuk asked with a smile.

“He’s not my dog, he’s~” Rani cut herself off when she heard Angie calling for Mushu, her voice getting louder indicating that she was getting closer.

“Angie!” Junhyuk happily cheered, causing Angie to skid to a hault and just as Rani hoped, she still hadn’t wiped off the excess. Taehyun and Moonkyu looked up, both jolting in surprise at the sight of Angie’s face.

“Uh…” Angie quickly turned around and walked as fast as she could back to her room. Rani was working hard on fighting back the laughter as she patted Taehyun on the shoulder.

“There you go, Mememon. That’s all you.” Rani finally broke down in laughter, causing Junhyuk to laugh as well. Taehyun looked back at Moonkyu who merely shrugged.

Eunjung came running into the room—Angie had told her what happened—and shouted with glee at the sight of Junhyuk, Taehyun, and Moonkyu.

“Oppas!” She went running straight to Junhyuk and Taehyun who both had their arms open for a hug while Moonkyu slunk to hide behind Rani.

“Eunjungie! It’s been so long! How are you? How’s San? How are your classes? Are you two eating well? Getting enough sleep? Is San treating you good?” Junhyuk hugged Eunjung tightly.

“Oh, what happened to your arm, Eunjungie?” Taehyun took notice of the cast when Eunjung went to hug him. Junhyuk hadn’t noticed until now either.

“Ah, it was a little accident. I’m fine, though. Yoonsan and Mushu saved the day.” Eunjung sheepishly smiled. Moonkyu poked his head out from behind Rani as he pet Mushu.

“The dog is yours?” Moonkyu wondered. Eunjung grinned and nodded her head, happy her brother was talking to her.

“Yeah, oppa! Yoonsan surprised me with Mushu. He’s my early Christmas present.”

“Duh! We got the video from Yoonsan!” Junhyuk felt stupid about asking Rani if Mushu was hers earlier.

“If you guys aren’t too tired, we can all go for dinner later when Yoonsan gets off work.” Rani offered. She didn’t feel like cooking today.

“That sounds like fun. Sure.” Junhyuk agreed for the three of them while Eunjung went back to Angie’s room so she can text Yoonsan the plans so he can pick her up on his way from work so she can change.

“My love, will Angie be okay?” Junhyuk wondered. Rani grinned and waved off his worry.

“It was bound to happen. Better now than never since he knows what he’s getting himself into. I say we’re doing a good job.” Rani laughed. “But enough about those two. Didn’t you say Moonkyu was going to talk to Eunjung?” Junhyuk let out a sigh as he looked behind Rani and saw Moonkyu and Taehyun were still playing with Mushu.

“I mean, he talked to her just now.” Junhyuk offered.

“About the dog. It was literally four words. He didn’t even ask about her arm. There needs to be more progress than that.” Rani said as she helped Junhyuk with his bags and lead him to her room. There was a free bedroom that Moonkyu and Taehyun would stay in.

“Don’t worry, my love. I’ll handle it.” Junhyuk assured Rani with a kiss and bright smile before going to get Moonkyu’s and Taehyun’s bags so he could put them in their room. A father’s job was never done.

Later Yoonsan stopped by the house, happy to see his hyungs. He was a little unsure on how to greet Moonkyu though since the last time they talked was when Moonkyu was drunk and called him but he decided to greet him like he did with the other two.

“We’ll meet you guys at the restaurant.” Yoonsan said once Eunjung got the leash connected to Mushu’s collar.

“See you two later.” Junhyuk grinned, happy to see Yoonsan and Eunjung again.