Chapter 38

Rain On Me

Double Update! Read Chapter 37 if you haven't! 


I woke up, my eyes feeling heavy and my face feeling puffy. I had the worst nightmare last night and I guess it made me cry. That nightmare just felt so real and it was terrible. My eyes were finally able to adjust to the dark room and that was when I noticed that I wasn’t in my room, but in Yoonsan’s. How did I get here last night? I sat up, the blanket falling away from me and I noticed that I was still in my dress from the rehearsal dinner last night and Yoonsan wasn’t in bed. I could hear his shower running though so that answered my question of where he was. Did I drink last night? I shook my head, pushing the blanket away from me so I could get out of bed easier but I ended up tripping over my heels that were next to the bed.

“Ow…” I grabbed the heels and walked out the bedroom, closing the door behind me. I had to hold the skirt of the dress since it was pretty long when I wasn’t wearing the heels.

I was almost to my room when I saw Sooyoung eonni coming up the stairs with a tray of food. I grinned at her, laughin when she let out a surprised yelp.

“Good morning, eonni. How come you’re bringing food up?” I asked.

“Miss Eunjung, uh, good morning. How are you feeling?” I tilted my head, confused as to why she asked that.

“What do you mean, eonni? Did something happen last night? Did I get sick?  I don’t really remember much.” I sheepishly admitted. I probably did drink last night then. “Oh! Eonni, I had such a scary nightmare. It felt so real and it was just terrible!” I informed her, feeling the need to talk to someone about it.

“What was it about?” Sooyoung eonni wondered.

“That my mother said I couldn’t go to college anymore and it was just terrible and there was this video that showed at the rehearsal dinner that made me look like I was practically making out with another guy at the club and it was just so scary and terrible. It even made me cry real tears! And Yoonsan got hit by his dad and, ugh! I hated it, so much eonni.” I pouted.

“Ah, Miss Eunjung…” Sooyoung eonni trailed off, like she was hesitant to speak.

“Are you okay, eonni?” I asked her.

“Uhm, sure. I’m going to take this to San, he asked me to bring it up.” Sooyoung eonni said, hurrying up the rest of the stairs.

“Okay eonni. I’m going to go and take a shower. I feel gross having slept in this dress.” I went into my room, closing the door behind me. I quickly took off the dress, leaving it on the floor and I just walked around my room in my bra and underwear, grabbing a comfy shirt, pajama shorts, and a clean pair of underwear and another bra.

I went into my restroom, placing my things on the counter. I grabbed my packet of makeup remover wipes, taking one out so I can wipe off the makeup from last night. I’m going to have to use a mask and do some other things to help my skin heal from having the makeup on for so long. When I began to wipe the left side of my face, I flinched at the pain I felt.

“What the…?” I gently wiped the makeup from that side, flinching every now and then if I pressed to hard. I needed to see what it was that was causing me pain.

Huh? Where did this bruise come from? Did I fall last night? How much did I drink? I examined the bruise in the mirror, racking my brain for any recollection of what had happened but came up blank. Maybe I should ask Yoonsan about last night. Anyways, I changed out of my bra and underwear once I finished getting all my makeup off and the bobby pins out of my hair, stepping into the shower for a much needed shower. Maybe that could help me clear my head and get a better understanding of last night.

 

Author’s Point of View

 

Sooyoung got to Yoonsan’s room just as he got out the bathroom with a t-shirt and basketball shorts. He stopped when he found the bed empty.

“San, we need to talk.” Sooyoung balanced the tray on one hand so she could knock on the door. Yoonsan hurried to open the door when he heard the urgency in Sooyoung’s voice.

“Noona, have you seen Eunjung?” Sooyoung placed the tray down Yoonsan’s dresser.

“I just saw her. San, she doesn’t remember last night.” Sooyoung told him.

“What? How does she not remember last night?” Yoonsan wondered.

“Well, she does, but she thinks it was a nightmare. San, you have to tell her the truth before she finds out the hard way.” Yoonsan sat down on his bed, trying to figure out what to do.

“How was she? How did she act?” Yoonsan looked up at Sooyoung.

“Like…like herself. How she usually is basically.” Sooyoung explained. Yoonsan was silent for a while and it seemed that Sooyoung knew exactly what he was thinking.

“No, San, you’re not thinking about not telling her, are you?” Sooyoung exclaimed. Yoonsan flinched. He couldn’t hide anything from his noona.

“San! You have to tell her!” Sooyoung scolded.

“But why, noona? She doesn’t remember! If I tell her, it’s going to devastate her! I can’t do that to her, noona.” Yoonsan stood up.

“And what about when she tries to enroll into school and finds out she can’t? How do you think she’ll react then?” Sooyoung pointed out.

“You didn’t see her last night! You didn’t see how she basically became a shell of herself! Noona, I can’t do it. I can’t.” Yoonsan sounded like he was going to cry. He sat back down on the bed, hands covering his face, ignoring the stinging pain he got when his hand pressed against the cut on his cheek.

“Oh, sweetie.” Sooyoung sat down next to Yoonsan, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. “I know it’s going to be hard, but it’ll be better for her to find out. You know she needs to.” Sooyoung did her best to be a shoulder that Yoonsan needed. He’s been the strong one for Eunjung but he needed someone to be strong for him every now and then.

A knock on the doorway caused Yoonsan to look up.

“Master Yoon, some of your friends are here. Do I invite them in?” The maid asked. Yoonsan sniffed, nodding his head. The maid went to go and do what she was told.

“You’re right, noona. I’ll tell her.” Yoonsan sighed. Sooyoung smiled a sad smile, getting a tissue from the tissue box that Yoonsan kept on his nightstand. She handed it to him so he could wipe away the few tears that managed to escape.

“I’m always here for you and Eunjung, little brother.” Sooyoung assured him. Yoonsan smiled a thankful smile, glad to have a noona like Sooyoung.

Yoonsan went downstairs and saw Junhyuk, Rani, Edward, and Sunny in the living room.

“San!” Junhyuk happily exclaimed but you could see sympathy in his eyes. Yoonsan smiled a meek smile, allowing his hyung to hug him.

“Hey, everyone. What are you doing here?” Yoonsan wondered once the other three gave him a hug as well.

“We wanted to see how you and Eunjung were.” Sunny said.

“The others wanted to come as well but we thought it would be better if only a few came so that it wasn’t too overwhelming. Especially for Eunjung.” Edward added on.

“Where is Eunjung?” Rani asked.

Yoonsan was about to answer when an agonizing scream came from upstairs, scaring everyone.

“Was that Eunjung?” Junhyuk made to move towards the stairs, only to be stopped by Yoonsan.

“Now isn’t a good time. I’m sorry. I need to go and take care of her, I’m sorry.” Yoonsan hurridly said before breaking out into a sprint to get to Eunjung’s room as quick as possible. When he got to her room, he nearly wanted to cry himself.

 

Eunjung’s Point of View

 

When I finished my shower, I felt refreshed. I changed into my clothes after drying off with a towel. I left my hair to air dry, leaving the bathroom. I had also realized that I had no idea where my phone was.

“Aigoo, I shouldn’t have drank so much last night…if that’s what I even did.” I sighed, opening my laptop and pressing the power button. I’ll just look for my phone later.

I grabbed my dress and heels, going to my closet so I could put the dress in the hamper and place my heels back in their proper place while I waited for the laptop to power on. I got back to my laptop just as my e-mail window popped up like it did every time I my laptop. That reminded me that I needed to go through and delete the junk and spam e-mails. I was about to start that tedious task when I noticed that I had several e-mails from different colleges. I wonder what those were about. I opened the first one that was from Seoul National University.

“Kim Eunjung,

We regret to inform you that your enrollment to our university has been denied. After much consideration from the committee, we feel that you wouldn’t excel at our school. We wish you the best of luck in your future.

Sincerely, the Dean of Seoul National University”

The e-mail was short and to the point but I couldn’t even begin to process what it said.

“No, no, this is a joke. This can’t be right.” I began to click through all the e-mails from the different colleges, even colleges that I didn’t apply to and they all said the same thing. That I wouldn’t be able to attend their college.

“This, this isn’t right. How can this be happ-“ I cut myself off as I thought back to the nightmare which now I knew, wasn’t just a nightmare.

“No, no. That was just a dream. This is a, this is a dream.” I could feel a lump forming in my throat and my vision began to blur with tears. I could feel my hands tremble as I slowly got up from my desk chair and away from the laptop. It felt harder to breath as the seconds went by.

“I, I, no, this isn’t-“ I heard my laptop ‘ping’, informing me of a message. I stumbled back to my desk, hoping it was an e-mail saying that this was all a prank but instead, I saw something else.

I warned you what would happen, Eunjung. Au Revoir.~Colette” I heard a scream, not sure if it was mine but next thing I knew, I was on my knees with my arms holding my stomach, the scream still going.

“Eunjung!” I heard Yoonsan, but I couldn’t see him past my tears. I could feel him hug me close, pulling me onto his lap. I clutched his shirt, my sobs causing my body to jerk.

“It’s gone, Yoonsan. All gone. All my hardwork was for nothing.” I choked out. I felt Yoonsan’s hand tremble slightly as he ran one hand through my hair, his other arm holding me tight.

“I’m so sorry, Eunjung. I couldn’t keep another promise.” I could hear the waiver in his voice, my heart breaking at that.

“What did we do to deserve this, Yoonsan? What did we do?” I couldn’t believe that all my years of working hard, pulling all-nighters to study, making sure I was top of my class, not living life like a normal girl my age, gone to waste. It turned out to be for nothing and I felt like I disappointed everyone. I could literally feel my heart break more and more as I sobbed into Yoonsan’s chest.


A/N So...it's probably not going to get any better for a while...^^ Love you all!!!