Chapter 17

Rain On Me

Edward and I sat outside on the bench in front of the daycare, me waiting for whoever was coming for me and Edward waiting for a friend who he had plans with. We had been laughing over a video that we were watching on Youtube at the time when a couple with a little girl came up to us.

“Excuse us, sorry to bother you.” The woman spoke. Edward paused the video so we could give them our undivided attention.

“Can we help you?” I politely asked.

“Yes, we saw your uniforms for the daycare and were wondering if they were still open and accepting children.” The man spoke. Edward answered their question while I made funny faces at the little girl who giggled with each face, occasionally making one back. Just as they were about to go to the daycare center, a car pulled up in front of us and I recognized it as Nayoung eonni’s.

“Thank you for your help. Come on, Hyeonie. Let’s go look at the daycare.” The mother sweetly called before waving to us. Edward and I waved them off. I stood up, about to tell Edward bye when I got sharp pain in my head.

“Ah!” I clutched my head, knees buckling and causing me to stumble.

“Eunjung!” I heard Edward cry out. I felt hands grab me by the shoulders, keeping me up.

“Eunjung, are you okay?” I heard a car door open and close and could hear Nayoung eonni run over. I felt another hand on my back.

I stayed in that position for a few moments, waiting for the pain to pass when another “memory” flashed through. It was the sound of a small child cry out happily. “Hyeonie eonni!” The child sounded like me and just as quick as it came, it ended. The pain slowly subdued to something more bearable.

“Eunjung? Is everything okay?” Nayoung eonni worriedly ask me. I opened my eyes and saw that Edward had been the one to grab my shoulders, his expression mirroring Nayoung eonni’s.

“Ah, yeah. I’m fine. I’m sorry for worrying you two.” I felt bad, being the cause of their worry.

“Don’t be stupid.” Edward said sharply but his expression contrasted his sharp tone, worry extremely evident. It warmed my heart.

“Do you want to go to the hospital?” I shook my head at Nayoung eonni’s question.

“I’m fine, really. I’m probably just tired.” They both looked unsure but neither of them pushed it.

“Okay, well, let’s get you home so you can lie down. Thank you, Edward.” I allowed Edward to help me get to the car. It would do me no good to fight them right now.

Text me if anything happens, okay?” I assured Edward that I would and then he closed the door, waving at me. I smiled a small smile and waved back. Nayoung eonni got in the driver’s seat. She started the car before leaning forward to wave to Edward. As we pulled away, Edward’s ride arrived.

The drive home, I ended up falling asleep. Those headaches always left me feeling so drained afterwards. It’s a good thing that my teachers have stopped giving homework so we can focus on studying for next week. And I guess I had been an extremely heavy sleeper and Nayoung eonni couldn’t wake me because when I woke up on my own, I was in my bed. She must’ve either carried me herself or had someone do it. I looked for my phone so I could check the time. I was happy to find that I hadn’t slept through dinner.

“Oh, I was about to come and see if you were hungry.” I looked over and saw Yoonsan standing in the doorway of my room. I smiled a small smile before climbing out of bed. He quickly came over to help me though.

“Yah, it was just a headache. I’m capable of getting out of bed by myself.” I pretended to sound mad and thankfully Yoonsan got that I wasn’t actually upset but he still gave me some space.

“I know, sorry. It just the last time you had a headache, you couldn’t even sit up without help.” I grimaced at the reminder.

“Ugh, don’t remind me. The pain was unbearable. How do ladies give birth? It felt like a I was giving birth but the baby was trying to escape through my head.” Yoonsan grimaced this time.

“Thanks for that…lovely image. Let’s go and eat before I lose my appetite.” I laughed at this, pushing him away before leaving my room.

“Don’t be such a baby.”

During dinner, Yoonsan tried to convince me to make an appointment for my headaches. I had told him what had happened and he scratched out stress being a cause.

“If they come at random times, then it could be something more. Might even turn dangerous if not caught early. I just want to make sure you’re healthy.” I let out a sigh before smiling a tired a smile. I placed a hand on top of his.

“Would you feel better if I make an appointment?” Yoonsan nodded his head.

“Alright, fine. I’ll make an appointment.” I got butterflies when Yoonsan’s face lit up and a look of relief fell upon it too.

“Thank you.” I giggled, shaking my head as Yoonsan turned his hand over so that he was holding my hand.

“I should be thanking you for fretting over me. You don’t have to but you do and I’m thankful for that.”

“What type of fiancé would I be if I didn’t worry?”

“A normal one considering the circumstances of this engagement but then again, me and you aren’t normal.” Yoonsan grinned.

“Besides, one of us should worry for the other.” His smile fell.

“You mean don’t worry about me?” I didn’t answer, pulling my hand away so I could eat. It took me all my willpower to not laugh at Yoonsan’s expression and keep an indifferent face but my façade cracked when Yoonsan called out my name in a questioning tone.

“Don’t be silly. Of course I worry about you. You’ve become a good friend to me and I care deeply for all my friends.” I assured him once I caught my breath.

“Aish, you’re so annoying.” Now it was Yoonsan’s turn to act mad but I was going to win. I always did.

I spent two minutes hovering over him, doing aegyo and poking his face or keeping his fork from lifting. I knew he was fighting it but he was fighting it good. I decided to pull out the big guns.

“Cheeseburger juseyo.”

“Yah!” Yoonsan laughed, cringing at my impersonation of the one—and possibly last—time I saw him do aegyo. He reached over and pulled me into a headlock/hug but I was too busy laughing to fight him off.

“Are we interrupting something?” We both froze and looked over at the sound of the voice. It was my family along with Junhyuk oppa. Junhyuk oppa looked very amused by what he was seeing. Yoonsan quickly released me and the both of us tried fixing our appearance quickly and then Yoonsan helped me stand so we could greet them.

“Mother, father, oppas, I didn’t know you were coming.”

“Well I was on my way with Timo to see how you were. San was with us when noona called and said you had another headache. We ran into your parents at the door.” Junhyuk oppa grinned, coming over to hug Yoonsan and I.

“But I see you’re feeling better.” Junhyuk oppa cheekily added on.

“We were in the neighborhood and wanted to see how you two were. We’re satisfied to see you are getting along.” My father spoke. I pursed my lips and nodded my head.

“Would you all care to join us for dinner? We could move to the dining room.” Yoonsan politely offered.

“We’d love to.” Junhyuk oppa spoke for himself and Moonkyu oppa.

“We’ll join you as well.” My mother spoke for herself and my father.

Yoonsan grabbed our plates and we led them to the dining room.

“I’ll let eonni know to make more plates.” I mumbled, more to myself than anything before walking to the kitchen. As soon as I got there though, I saw Sooyoung eonni along with two maids preparing four extra plates.

“Don’t worry, Miss Eunjung. We’re on it.” I smiled.

“Thank you.” Sooyoung eonni smiled at me before gesturing with her head to go back to the dining room.

As I was doing so, Sooyoung eonni called out to me. “I’ll have some tea prepared for you as well, Miss Eunjung. Hopefully to help fight any future headaches this evening.” Soojung eonni winked at me. I smiled at her and walked back to the dining room. Yoonsan had left a seat open next to him for me and when he saw me come in, he got up to pull my chair out for me.

“So, Eunjungie, next week are your exams. You ready?” I shook my head no, laughing.

“Junhyuk oppa, no one is ever ready for exams.”

“I think that you’ll do great. You got this, Eunjung.” I smiled a thankful smile at Yoonsan who smiled back.

The extra plates were brought and handed out and then dinner continued. My parents and Moonkyu oppa were relatively quiet while Junhyuk oppa carried on a conversation with Yoonsan and I.

“Are you going to make an appointment for your headaches, Eunjungie?” I swallowed my food before answering Junhyuk oppa.

“I’m going to call tomorrow and hopefully get an appointment before next week.” Yoonsan gave me a thankful look this time and I just grinned.

Yoonsan was in the middle of telling us about a project his dad was having him work on when my mother cleared . The three of us looked over.

“I hate to interrupt you, San, but we need to start discussing the wedding.” I let out a sigh but didn’t speak out against her.

“What would you like to talk about?” Yoonsan asked, placing a hand on top of mine.

“First, we need to discuss dates. Your father and I are going to be busy the month we were aiming for so we’ll need to push it back.” My father said.

“Which month would be good?” I rubbed my temple with my free hand. Only my parents could have this affect on me.

“That is what we wanted to ask you two.” Oh, we actually get to have a say in something? I looked to Yoonsan and we both had a questioning look.

“September? Not too hot, not too cold.” I reasoned. Yoonsan nodded his head, agreeing.

“So in September?” Yoonsan and I nodded our heads. My mother had a notebook out along with a pen. She jotted something down before looking back up at us.

“Okay, we'll aim for September 17th. I’ll talk with Mina and we’ll look for a wedding planner. Also, Eunjung, we need to start looking at candidates for your bridesmaids. I’m assuming you’ll have your friends, San.” Yoonsan nodded his head.

“Why does Eunjung need to hire someone? I thought you had friends?” Moonkyu oppa finally spoke up.

“Uh…” I wanted to say yes because I did but I didn’t know them enough to ask them to be my bridesmaids. I mean, I’m sure they would love to do it anyways.

“Yes.” Might as well just get people I know as my bridesmaids. My mother wrote something in her notebook as well.

“Get them to meet up. We’ll need to get their measurements for dresses.” My mother told me. I nodded my head. The less words spoken, the better.

Dinner ended and my parents and oppas got ready to leave. Yoonsan and I walked them to the door, my mother promising to call me some time soon to schedule a meeting with my bridesmaids. Now I just need to find bridesmaids. Junhyuk oppa hugged us, telling us to keep him posted on my headache situation. He ruffled my hair before following my parents and Moonkyu oppa out of the house.

 

Author’s Point of View

 

Moonkyu rode with Junhyuk home since his parents were going to stop by to see Yoonsan’s parents before going home. Junhyuk happily carried a one-sided conversation about the dinner, saying how happy he is to see Yoonsan and Eunjung getting along and some other things. Moonkyu wasn’t really paying attention, Eunjung’s headaches dwelling on him.

“I know you’re going to not want to hear this but she’s looking more and more like Hyeon-“ Moonkyu didn’t look in his direction but cut off him anyways.

“Don’t.” Junhyuk sighed.

“Look, I know it still hurts but it’s been nine years. How can you and your parents treat her like this after so long?” Moonkyu didn’t respond.

“You know that she’ll be hurting too if she-“ Moonkyu cut him off again.

“But she’s not. That’s all that matters.”

“Timo, you know it’s not her fault. The doctors said-“

“I don’t care what the doctors said. She’s here and gets to live while Hyeon-“ Moonkyu couldn’t find it in himself to say her name. He knew Junhyuk was right, he always did. But his damn pride always prevented him from acting different.

“I just hope the day doesn’t come that you will regret your actions.” Junhyuk quietly said. Moonkyu held back his tears, looking out the window. Junhyuk wasn’t going to get his wish, because Moonkyu always regrets it when he sees their smiling faces in the photo in his bedroom. 


A/N Yoonsan aegyo reference Comments juseyo!!!^^ Jk, jk...my aegyo is better than Yoonsan's XD