Chapter 11

Rain On Me

With Junhyuk oppa’s help, the tension levels in the room dropped and Moonkyu oppa went back to just using his phone. Junhyuk oppa was in the middle of telling us a story when Edward glanced at his phone and almost choked on his coffee.

Eunjung! You’re going to be late!” He showed his phone screen to me and I let out a curse.

“Eunjungie! Language!” Junhyuk oppa scolded. I gathered my things into my bag hurriedly, Edward helping me.

“I’m sorry oppas, I have to go! It was nice having lunch with you! See you after school, Edward.” I sprinted out the daycare center and to the school, making it to class just in time. I sat down, breathing heavily.

“I should invest in proper running shoes.” I sighed out, looking at my worn out converse.

I was glad I made it in time because this class, was one that being late for, wouldn’t be good. It’s not so much the subject, but the teacher and she specifically had it out for me.

“Class, I know graduation and finals are ways away, but this project is going to see if you get credit for this subject. It can make or break your grade. Even if you’re acing my class and one of the top 10, this project can knock you down.” The class groaned, and I was one of them as well.

“But, look on the bright side. You won’t have to worry about a final exam for this class and getting a high grade can excuse you from this subject in the college entrance exams. This project will be due in a week and I would like a paper and a presentation. It can be on any scientist. More information will be on the packet being handed out. Use the questions on this packet to help you with the presentation and I want all questions to be answered in your paper.” I felt my shoulders deflate. So much to be done in just two weeks and she was a difficult teacher.

“Also, there will be an exam after and no one can do the same scientist so decide who you’d like to do your project on then come and tell me. The questions from the exam will come from everyone’s projects so be thorough with your information.” Another groan from the class. Great, just when I thought today would be a good day, she just had to give us this project.

I let my head drop onto my arms that were folded on the desk. I knew that if I were to go up there with my scientist, she would find a way so that I couldn’t do the one I chose and let someone else do it. I decided to wait and be the very last one. Not like I knew any of these scientists specifically. I mean, I knew of them from hearing of them throughout my years of taking science, but none of them really meant anything special to me. Science just wasn’t my favorite subject. Neither was math but I would choose science over math even though that’s besides the point.

“Eunjung, aren’t you going to go up?” Kangjun tapped on my shoulder. I looked up at him with a smile.

“I’ll just go last. I won’t get my first choice anyways. You know she’s hated me ever since I was asked to be class president.” Kangjun laughed, remembering the glares our teacher used to give me the first few weeks of me being class president.

“Oh, how could anyone forget.” We both laughed a bit more before being quieted by the teacher. We shared a look, snickering as we did so.

I dragged myself into the daycare center after school, not as happy as I was earlier. It was going to be my last time going to the daycare center for the next two weeks until the project is done. And then I planned to begin working on the project right when I got home. It was going to be a long two weeks.

Hey Eunjung, what happened to you? You were so happy during lunch.” I blew on my lips, letting my backpack drop.

Hong seonsangnim gave us a project.” I grumbled. Edward laughed, shaking his head.

Glad I’m done with school. No more of those.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

Anyways, I just wanted to apologize for how I acted earlier, towards your brother. I shouldn’t have let my dislike towards him get that far. I mean, yeah he’s an for how he treats you. Your mom isn’t that great either but I haven’t met her but anyways, the point is, I’m sorry. And I promise to behave myself on Friday.” I smiled at his apology. I hadn’t been really upset with him since I knew where he was coming from. He only knows the Moonkyu oppa who is distant. The one who’s cold but if he knew the other side like I used to know so well, he maybe wouldn’t of disliked him so much.

It’s fine, Edward. I accept your apology.” I assured him. He smiled at me, ruffling my hair.

Okay, who’s ready to wrestle this kids down for a nap.” I groaned, knowing how hard it was going to be. Edward laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

We’re in this together, girl. We got this and then after, you’re going to tell me about why your fiancé was texting Mr. Handsome.”

Mr. Handsome? Really?

I got home, feeling drained. The kids were balls of energy as usual and I was used to that but it was the stress that this project was going to give me that had me feeling drained. I hadn’t even started it but I could feel a headache coming on. I let out a sigh, thinking of all the work that had to be done. And it could decide if I would make it as valedictorian or not. If I failed this project, then my grade will drop in the class and that stupid teacher already stated how difficult it would be to raise your grade after this project was done.

“Ugh…I hate school.” I heard a light laugh and saw Sooyeong eonni chopping vegetables.

“Tough day?” I sighed, nodding my head

“Yes, eonni. I got assigned a big project that’s due in one week. I have to write a 12 page paper and do a presentation with something visual.” Sooyeong eonni gave me a sympathetic smile.

“Sounds like you’ll have a lot of work to do this week.” I let out another sigh.

“I’m going to go and start working on it. I want to have as much done as possible by Friday. Hopefully the entire paper.” Sooyeong eonni nodded her head.

“I’ll send a snack to you in a bit. You’re going to need all the energy you can get.” I nodded my head, thanking her as I made my way to my room. I took a shower then changed out of my uniform into sweatpants and a long-sleeved shirt. I tied my hair up into a quick bun, not caring if it was done right then set my laptop up on my desk. I grabbed a notebook and pen, mentally preparing myself for the tedious work of this project.

Because I’m top of my class, many people assume that everything with school is easy for me. I mean, there are some subjects that do come easily to me, like languages and history, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t work my off with studying and projects. I’m not some genius  with a photographic memory, remembering everything I have read or seen only once. No, I spend hours studying, trying to retain all that I can. I work hard on homework, not considering myself done until I know it’s all correct. I spend all my time working on projects until the very last day. My position wasn’t handed to me, I’m just dedicated.

“Miss Eunjung, Chef Sooyoung sent this up for you.” I jumped at the sound of the maid’s voice, not having heard her come in. She bowed to me but I brushed away her apology, assuring her that it wasn’t her fault. I took the plate she had been holding and thanked her. She bowed again before leaving.

I looked down at the plate and smiled. There were almonds, apple slices, and strawberries, blackberries, and grapes, all nicely arranged. There was also a bar of dark chocolate. On the chocolate bar, there was a sticky note. I plucked it off of the bar, reading it with a grin on my face.

“Miss Eunjung,

School work can be stressful but remember your dreams, and all this work will be worth it. I promise. Fighting!”

I stuck the note to the top corner of my laptop, feeling a new found motivation. I typed in the name of my scientist and began my research. I had gotten so absorbed in my research and starting my paper, that I was late for dinner.

“Yah! Miss Eunjung, dinner has been served for nearly twenty minutes. Your mother and future mother in law are here and why aren’t you dressed?” I jumped at the sound of Sooyoung eonni’s voice.

“What?! What do you mean? Why didn’t, what?” I was so confused and felt so disoriented from having stared at the computer screen for so long and then what Sooyoung eonni just told me, didn’t help me either.

“Never mind that, poor San, has been fending off the lions by himself. Let’s just get you down there. Once you explain to them, I’m sure they’ll understand.” I let Sooyoung eonni pull me from my desk and down the stairs but instead of to the kitchen, she pulled me to the dining room.

“Okay, good luck Miss Eunjung. It looks like you’re going to need it.” Sooyoung eonni squeezed my shoulder gently before walking away. I took a deep breath before pushing the door open. I could hear my mother and Mrs. Yoon talking but I focused my attention on Yoonsan who looked miserable.

I cleared my throat, bowing as soon as I had their attention.

“I’m sorry for being late. I was busy with some things.” I bowed once more before moving to the chair. Yoonsan had already stood up to pull my chair for me. I sent him a grateful smile and he just looked relieved to see me there.

“Eunjung, what are you wearing? And what is with your hair?” Hello to you too, mother.

“I’m sorry. I was working on a project for school and didn’t know you and Mrs. Yoon were coming over. If I had, I would’ve dressed more properly.” I bowed my head.

“It’s fine, Mrs. Kim. She would’ve changed out of it anyways after being in it for an hour or so. And she was busy. It’s best to be comfortable when you’re working.” I shot Yoonsan a look, warning him to not say anything. What mother says, goes and if you don’t agree, keep your mouth shut.

“And from her posture, I can see that it’s stressful.” Oh, this posture isn’t from the project but nice try, Yoonsan.

“If she just did as we suggested and didn’t make such a big deal about her-“ Yoonsan smacked his hand down onto the table, causing me to jump and Mrs. Yoon to stop talking.

“Mom, not now.” Yoonsan rubbed his forehead with one hand and clenched his other, gathering some of the table cloth. I looked at my mother and Mrs. Yoon then to Yoonsan, my only ally right now. I lifted my hand from where it rested on my lap and moved it till it was over his fist. I hesitated for a moment, before resting it gently on his closed fist. He looked over at me before giving me a small smile. I returned it and he unclenched his fist, turning his hand over so that he was holding my hand instead. I blushed, this action alone being the most intimate I’ve been with a guy (Edward and Junhyuk oppa don’t count) but I didn’t pull away. It’s sad that hand holding is the most intimate I’ve been but school comes first for me!

“So, what were you working on, Eunjung?” I looked at Mrs. Yoon and it looked like she had a guilty expression on her face.

“It’s a big project that’s due in a week. We were barely assigned it today and it counts as a big portion of our grade.” I explained, getting used to the feeling of Yoonsan holding my hand. It wasn’t so bad, to be honest.

“Really? What class is it for?”

“Science. I have to pick a famous scientist and write a 12 page paper on them and then make something visual to go along with a presentation we have to do as well.” I was a bit surprised with the questions Mrs. Yoon was asking but answered anyways.

“Have you picked one?” I smiled a bit, nodding my head.

“Yes. Her name is Rosalind Franklin and she was a chemist. It’s just stressful because the teacher is very picky when it comes to grading but I’ve started the paper already and hope to be done before Friday.”

Mrs. Yoon smiled at me. “You’re very dedicated, I see, with school.” I nodded my head again.

“I have to be, if I want to be top of my class and graduate valedictorian.” I said, a bit quietly.

“Uhm, not that we mind you two visiting, but, why did you two stop by?” Yoonsan wondered, having not let go of my hand.

“Oh, right. Yoonsan, Eunjung, there will be a company dinner on Saturday. It’s just to show you two off. We won’t announce your engagement to the public until after Eunjung has graduated.” Yoonsan and I nodded our heads.

After that, the four of us began to eat. I pulled my hand away so I could eat since I’m not that great at using my left hand. Yoonsan and I shared another smile before we continued to eat. When dinner ended and my mother and Mrs. Yoon finally left, I headed back to my room, Yoonsan following behind me. When I got to my room, I turned to look at Yoonsan who stopped the same time as me.

“Don’t worry, I’m just going to my office.” Yoonsan chuckled. I smiled sheepishly.

“Sorry, it just felt weird, you behind me like that.” I scratched the back of my neck.

“It’s fine. I’m guessing you’ll be in your room the rest of the night?” I nodded my head.

“Okay, well, don’t stay up too late. I know the project is important but so is your sleep and health.” Yoonsan paused, almost like he was hesitating about what to say next.

“Goodnight, Eunjung.” I smiled at him.

“Goodnight, Yoonsan. And you follow your own advice too, okay?” He nodded his head, assuring me he would. We both went our separate ways then, him to his office and me to my room. I sat down at my desk, frowning, knowing I was going to have some long nights ahead of me. 


A/N I'm on a role XD I just really want to get to a certain place in the story and I'm actually close to it. You guys aren't, but the chapters on word are XD You guys still have to wait for a few more chapters. Okay, how many of you are Monsta X and or Giriboy stans? There's this great story from a friend of mine on here. The story is We're All Mad Here and it's great. I love it! ^^ She also has another story, it's Giriboy focused, and she just recently uploaded it. There's only one chapter and it's called Smoke and Mirrors. I really like that one too ^^ You should check out both stories and leave her some lovely comments! And if any of you have instagram, you should follow me there too @ angie_not.me I just post either Kpop related posts or my everyday boring life XD Anyways, comment and thanks for reading!