One-shot #1: Angie & Taehyun

Rain On Me

This is so long :) I tried to keep it short-ish but I'm not too sure what happened. Also, #sorrynotsorry about this one. It was supposed to go one way but I got to thinking and decided, NAAAAH! I might also eventually go back and change Rani's and Angie's names to something else. Rani's, I know what to but Angie's, I'm not sure. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great! If not, I'll figure out something. So, hope you enjoy the first installment of these one-shots. This one was not supposed to be the first one but the one that was is being difficult so here's this. 


Taehyun stood still, watching the girl who has become like his best friend, walk down the aisle as the wedding march play. He could hear people sniffling at the sight of the girl in her wedding dress and he would be lying if he said he wasn’t one of them. She never took his eyes off him and he never took his eyes off her. All Taehyun could do was reminisce.

And then I had this one ex and man, was she boring.” Angie faked a laugh as the officer continued to tell her about his exes. She wished she had taken up Rani’s offer on the background check.

Oh, Angie!” The police officer stopped talking and both him and Angie looked over and saw Taehyun going their way with his date. Angie has worked with her before and she was a nice girl but she could get a bit full of herself and a little annoying.

Oh, hey Taehyun. Hi, Jenny.” Angie stood up to greet the two, her date following suit but at a much slower pace. “This is Bryson. Bryson, these are some friends, Taehyun and Jenny.” Angie introduced the three.

Do you mind if we join you?” Taehyun asked. Bryson looked like he was going to say ‘yes’ but Angie spoke up before him.

No, it’s fine.” Angie called over a waiter and had them bring an extra table and chairs. Taehyun sat next to Angie while Jenny sat next to Bryson. Bryson looked annoyed at first until Jenny started a conversation about his watch.

“Taehyun, why did you interrupt my date?” Angie asked in Korean. Taehyun just merely winked before looking through the menu.

The two separate dates turned into a double date date but it seemed that Jenny and Bryson were really hitting it off. Angie and Taehyun didn’t really mind. After dinner, the couples decided to go to a bar. Angie and Taehyun sat at the bar counter while their dates went and played pool. “Okay, seriously, why did you come to our table?” Angie asked, flashing the bartender a smile as thanks for her glass of wine. Taehyun took a slow sip of his beer to annoy Angie.

“Because, my dear Ang, you looked miserable and if I didn’t do anything, Rani noona and Junhyuk hyung would have killed me.” Angie laughed at this, taking a sip of her wine.

“My hero. But was it that noticeable?” Taehyun laughed this time, nodding his head.

“Yes, it was. What was he talking about anyway?” Angie groaned, taking a good sip of wine and alarming Taehyun.

“His exes and everything that was wrong with them.” Taehyun widened his eyes in shock, the beer bottle at his lips keeping him from saying anything.

“And if that wasn’t enough, if it wasn’t his exes, it was about the different things he has bought with his paycheck. Do I look like a materialistic girl? Like, I don’t care.” Angie finished off her wine. “I mean, he’s probably a nice guy…kind of, maybe. I don’t know. Either way, I don’t think him and I will work out.” Angie shrugged, not really bothered by that fact.

“Yeah, I don’t think Jenny and I will go farther than this.” Taehyun said as he waved down a bartender to order himself and Angie another drink. Before either could say anything else, their dates came over in each others arms and laughing.

Hey, we’re going to head out. This was fun! We should do it again sometime.” Bryson said. He removed an arm from around Jenny to shake Taehyun’s hand. “It was great to meet you, man.” Taehyun shook his hand because he really didn’t know what else to do. Jenny detatched herself from Bryson and gave Angie and Taehyun a hug. They said another goodbye before leaving. Angie and Taehyun sat there dumbfounded before looking at each other and busting out laughing.

“Did our dates leave us for each other?” Angie said between her laughs.

“I think so. To be honest, I’m not even mad.” Taehyun laughed. Angie nodded her head in agreement and the two continued to laugh. After calming down, they finished their drinks and paid before leaving.

“Tonight was surprisingly fun. Not how I expected it to go but I can’t complain.” Angie said as her and Taehyun took a cab back to her house.

“Same. How do you think noona will react when you tell her?” Angie grinned at Taehyun.

“She’d be estatic that it didn’t work out.” Taehyun couldn’t help but laugh and shake his head because it sounded about right.

They got back to the house and after a little fight over who was going to pay. Taehyun paid with a smug grin. “I work too. I could’ve paid.” Angie grumped as her and Taehyun walked into the house. “I know but I was taught that a gentleman always pays.” Angie scoffed as she unlocked the front door. “Yeah, sure.” She sarcastically said but smiled to show that she was playing around. “Yes, you dork.” Taehyun laughed, flicking her head as they walked inside. He made sure that the door was locked before following Angie up the stairs. They got to their respective doors before stopping. “Thanks again, Taehyun. For saving me from my date.” “No problem. You saved me too.” The two shared a smile before wishing each other a good night before going into their bedrooms. When Rani and Junhyuk found out about the disasters of the dates, they got hopeful that Angie and Taehyun would realize their feelings for each other but again were disappointed by them not doing so.

Taehyun, Moonkyu, Junhyuk, Sungwoon, Hojeong, and Edward eventually returned back to South Korea. Rani joined them permanently a few months later while Angie moved back to Texas to be closer to her family. She didn’t feel ready to move to South Korea just yet but her and Taehyun talked almost everyday. Rani and Junhyuk were still hoping for something between their friends but again, it seemed like nothing was going to happen. Rani nearly threw a fit when she found out that Angie was dating a guy that wasn’t Taehyun but after a long Skype call with the her, Rani finally relented and said that as long as Angie’s boyfriend treated her good, Rani will be okay. And Angie’s dating news helped Taehyun out a lot when Rani found out that he too had a girlfriend.

And he did but after a while, the spark seemed to die down and it wasn’t enough to hold their relationship together. So they parted ways and like Angie’s relationship, Taehyun’s didn’t last. Rani would be lying if she said she wasn’t happy over their failed relationships. She was even more happy when she saw on Instagram that a few weeks after he ended his relationship, he flew to El Paso to visit Angie and the two spent his entire visit together. All their friends thought the two would finally become a couple but then Angie told them som surprising news.

“What the do you mean that you’re pregnant?!” Edward exclaimed, everyone else had been stunned to silence.

“Hyung, are you the dad?” Hojeong asked Taehyun who sat next to Angie. It has become a normal thing for him to visit her. He even gave the idea to just Skype everyone at once and give them the news at once. “No, I’m not the dad.”

“Then who is?” Eunjung and Yoonsan asked in unison. “Johnathan.” Angie simply said.

“Your ex? Didn’t you two break up like, three months ago?” Sungwoon wondered. “Three months was the last time I had done it.” Angie explained with a sigh.

“Have you told him? How did your parents take it?” Eunjung asked.

“I haven’t talked to him since we broke up and my parents are actually excited. I’m an adult and it’s not like I can’t support myself or this kid.” Angie smiled a little at this and Taehyun just beamed at her.

“Noona, hyung, aren’t you two going to say something?” Yoonsan asked. Rani and Junhyuk have yet to say anything. Moonkyu either but he was usually kind of quiet.

“How?” Junhyuk asked. “Well when a man and woman love each other-“ Moonkyu started to say to everyone’s amusement but was cut off by Rani.

“What he mans is how can you be pregnant but call ‘it’?” “I am a child of God.” Angie stated.

“A child of God wouldn’t be pregnant before marriage.” Moonkyu simply said. “Shut up.” Angie muttered.

“So what are you going to do about your baby daddy?” Edward asked. “If he doesn’t take responsibility, I’m flying down and kicking his !” Junhyuk exclaimed.

“Hyung, Taehyun hyung is there to take care of it.” Sungwoon said with a laugh, laughing even harder at the two annoyed faces. 

A few days after that Skype call, Angie mustered up the courage to tell her ex. She honestly thought he would be fine with it and even support the child in some way. Angie wasn’t looking to get back with him but she would want her child to have their father in their life and since they broke up on good terms, she didn’t think there would be an issue.

So you’re pregnant and you think it’s my baby.” Johnathan said with a raised eyebrow.

What do you mean ‘I think’? I know you’re the dad.” Angie said, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

That’s not what your Instagram says.” Angie looked taken aback by this.

And what the hell is that supposed to mean? You are literally the last person I had with.” Angie stated.

You sure about that? So you’re telling me that the guy you’re always posting about on Instagram isn’t the dad?” Johnathan scoffed. “You know, I thought that when we broke up, it was because it just wasn’t working out but then when I saw your posts of you two hanging out, I knew that that had not been the case.

Are you ing kidding me, right now? Taehyun is a friend. Are we close? Yes but because I literally saved a friend of his and our bestfriends are dating. Do we get along? Yes. He is fun to hang out with and we always have an awesome time. When you and I were dating, I hardly talked to Taehyun out of respect for you and the girl that he was seeing at the same ing time. You are the dad of this baby whether you like it or not. And you know what, I don’t even want you in the baby’s life anymore. But you better be damn ing sure that you’re paying child support so whatever the is wrong with you better stop because it’s ridiculous.” Angie seethed before getting up and storming out the café.

The first person Angie told about the meeting was Taehyun and if Angie had been mad, Taehyun was pissed. The two spent half an hour ranting over the stupidity of his baseless accusations. And then Taehyun spent an hour assuring Angie that he would be there for her and the baby if Johnathan was going to be irresponsible.

“Thank you for the support, Taehyun but don’t feel like you have to do that.” Angie reassured.

“No but I want to. I got your back, Ang. And I’ll have this baby’s back too.” Taehyun’s grin brought a sense of relief to Angie.

And Taehyun was true to his word. If their friends and Angie’s family thought that his visits were often before Angie was pregnant, now it was like Taehyun never left El Paso. He did all he could to help Angie get through the first trimester, dealing with morning sickness and all the other changes going on. And because of this, a lot of Angie’s family members were beginning to think that Taehyun was the dad and after both Angie and Taehyun tried to explain that he wasn’t, they both just gave up and decided to let them think what they wanted. Taehyun and Angie also weren’t hearing the end of it all from their friends, especially Rani and Junhyuk who kept pushing for their relationship to become more than friends. It didn’t help that Taehyun went to as many of the appointments that he could. He was with Angie when she first felt her corazón—what she has been calling the unborn child—kick. The baby would move more whenever Taehyun spoke and it gave their friends, mainly Rani and Junhyuk, more ammo when they were told this news at the gender reveal party.

“You guys are to the point of being annoying. Can you stop?” Angie insisted over a Skype call, Taehyun having to hold the laptop while Angie rested on her side on the hospital bed.

“He is literally by your side while you are in labor. How the hell do you expect us to stop?” Rani deadpanned.

“I’m in here because her parents don’t want her alone. I am leaving the room so her mom and sister can be with her when she has to push. I am literally the last person they asked to stay with her because no one else could.” Taehyun explained.

“Gee, can you get any more enthusiastic about being here?” Angie quipped.

“Shut up, dip. You know what I mean.” Taehyun simply said.

“Look here, er-“ “You two are so kind to each other.” Eunjung sarcastically said.

“Are we not going to comment on the fact that the second generation of our group will be here soon?” Sungwoon exclaimed.

“And we won’t be able to see him right away!” Hojeong whined.

“Don’t worry. Kaleb won’t go anywhere once he’s here. You guys just get here when you can. And Eunjung, try being in labour for going on 10 hours. I am exhausted and this is being just that. An .” Angie sighed, too tired to have any true anger or annoyance in her voice.

“Sorry, homie.” Taehyun apologized.

“It’s alright, homie. Just try and be less annoying.” Angie accepted his apology easily. Taehyun gave her as good of a hug as he could, the two ignoring the noises that Rani and Junhyuk made.

Once Kaleb Ernesto Lopez was born, Taehyun practically lived in El Paso. Kaleb’s first word wasn’t ‘mama’ but instead it was ‘tío’ which meant ‘uncle’ in Spanish. Angie’s brother and brother-in-law had been dubbed as ‘uncle’ while his uncles in South Korea were ‘samchon’. Kaleb grew up with nothing but love and when Angie had made the decision to join her extended family in South Korea when Kaleb was 3, her parents didn’t worry about their grandson needing babysitters when his mom started to work.

“Hey, hermano!” “Hey, what’s up!” “Tío!” “Kaleb!”

Regardless of how busy the two would get, Angie and Taehyun always made sure to meet up at least once every other week. The two will admit that their relationship had changed from when they first met. They were closer and they hung out more just the two of them with Kaleb than they did with the rest of their group of friends. Rani and Junhyuk once asked Angie and Taehyun seperatly if they had loved each other and they both admitted that yes, they did. After what the two had been through, they did love each other and that had been enough for Rani and Junhyuk to go off saying that the two will date and get married but they never clarified what type of love that they were asking about.

“So, what’s new with you, hermano?” Angie asked as the three sat down for dinner at a barbecue place.

“Nothing much. What about you?” Taehyun asked as he poured Angie and Kaleb some soda, Angie watering down Kaleb’s soda after his cup had been filled.

“Same.” Angie simply said, giving Kaleb the hint that it was time for him to fill in Taehyun with what has been going on in his life, starting with him beginning the 1st grade.

“I’m having a lot of fun, tío! And I get to see mommy a lot too!” Angie taught English at the school that Kaleb attended. “And my teacher is Hojeong samchon’s girlfriend!” Kaleb continued to tell Taehyun everything as they ate until Kaleb decided he was tired and was going to nap and use Angie’s arm as a pillow.

“He’s gotten so big.” Taehyun noted with a fond smile as he looked at the sleeping boy in Angie’s arms.

“Tell me about it. Mi corazón is growing into a handsom boy and I’m just getting old and wrinkly.” Angie laughed.

“You and me both.” Taehyun laughed along with her. “So seriously, there’s nothing new with you?” Taehyun asked.

“Well…” Angie did a sideway glance with a sly smile on her face. “Well what?” Taehyun grinned, resting his elbows on the table and locking his hands together in front of him.

“Okay, don’t say anything to anyone, especially Kaleb but I’ve met a guy and we have already gone on a few dates.” Taehyun’s eyes widened and his mouth dropped before grinning a wide grin.

“Seriously? More than one date with this guy? All the others barely made it past the first one before you decided that you never wanted to see them again.” Taehyun laughed.

“I know!” “Wait, so your work things haven’t been actual work things and you’ve been going on dates with a guy? Is that why Eunjung is babysitting Kaleb every other weekend? Who is this guy? How did you two meet? I need to know everything!” When Taehyun says ‘everything’, he means everything.

“Well, his name is Shin Dongwoo and he is a vocal instructor with an entertainment company and he is so sweet and funny and kind and I really hope that things with him last a long time.” Angie admitted, shifting her son a little in her arms so he was a bit more comfortable.

“And how did you two meet?” Angie’s smile grew sad at this question. “What’s wrong?”

“He’s a single dad too. But unlike me and Johnathan, him and his wife had been married when they had their kids but she passed away because of complications with her pregnancy. Dongwoo has been single since, raising his kids with his family’s and friends’ help.” Taehyun had grown sad at this information too but instead of dwelling on it—because he knew Angie would probably start crying—he decide to make a quick joke.

“Please tell me you didn’t cry when you found this out?” Angie gave him a swift kick to the shin.

“I cried just a little bit, okay. But mainly because Dongwoo got emotional speaking about it.” “And you two sat there crying together? He’s a keeper.” Taehyun laughed. “But seriously, how did you two meet?”

“His kids go to the daycare that I go and teach English at sometimes. We just got to talking and yeah.” “You keep saying ‘kids’. How many does he have?”

“Two. A daughter and son and they’re twins. His daughter’s name is Eunsol and his son is Hyunwoo and they are literally so adorable! He showed me pictures of them on our first date because once we found out that we both had kids, they were all we talked about for like, a good hour and a half. But enough about me! What about you? Anyone in your life?” Taehyun grinned at this, happy to have someone to share his news with.

“Well, you remember me telling you about Hyeran, right?”

“Yeah. You two have been friends since middle school and were like super tight but she began to travel after you all graduated and you two rarely got the chance to talk since. Why?” Taehyun laughed at Angie’s memory.

“Damn, okay. Nice memory you got there. Anyways, she’s back in Seoul, for good and we’ve been talking and catching up and yeah. I can’t give anything more definitive than that but I don’t know. Who knows?” Taehyun slyly said.

“Honestly, the pictures you’ve shown me of her had me speechless. She is super pretty and I am low-key shipping it. You better keep me in the loop, hermano!”

“You better keep me in the loop with Dongwoo! And you can’t tell anyone what I told you about Hyeran. I don’t want to jinx it.” “Deal!”

I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” The priest said, snapping Taehyun away from his trip down memory lane. He looked over to the alter and he grinned a proud grin at the sight of his ‘hermanita’ standing with the man that he honestly believe was perfect for both her and Kaleb. He felt his heart swell when he saw Dongwoo stoop down and Angie stretch up so they could share a sweet kiss, Dongwoo’s hands resting on Angie’s babybump that she didn’t bother to hide on her wedding day. The sniffling next to him caused him to look over and what he saw made him laugh.

“Jagi, are you crying?” He asked his girlfriend. Hyeran lightly hit him before carefully wiping her tears.

“I’m just so happy for Angie and Dongwoo. They deserve nothing but happiness and they’re getting a lifetime of it with each other and their kids and the fact that Angie asked me to make her something blue just makes me even happier.” Hyeran lightly sobbed. Taehyun wrapped an arm around her and hugged her close as they watched the now husband and wife walk down the aisle with their four kids.

“Those earrings really are amazing. Well, let’s go get some food and see if Junhyuk hyung and Rani noona are fine after the wedding. Do you think either of them will hit me?”

“Knowing them, both you and Angie will probably be hit. But I mean, they never clarified what type of love you two had for each other. Romantic love isn’t the only kind of love.” Hyeran giggled.

“I know! Angie has literally called me hermano since Kaleb was two. How Rani didn’t pick up on that, I don’t know. It literally means ‘brother’ in Spanish. She’d even flat out call me ‘brother’ like she does to her own brother and they still thought we loved each other in a way that wasn’t familial.”

Later on when Angie and Dongwoo entered the ballroom with the rest of their bridal party—which had been small and literally only consisted of Angie’s brother and sister and Dongwoo’s best friend and sister—Taehyun would again deny crying during their first dance or Angie’s dance with her father and Dongwoo’s dance with his mother. Dongwoo and his family had agreed to a western wedding since they had done a Korean wedding with Dongwoo’s first wife. But Taehyun wouldn’t mind admitting to crying when Dongwoo and Angie danced with their kids, Dongwoo with Kaleb and their 2 year old son Sejun on his hip while Angie was with Eunsol and Hyunwoo. Hyeran had been right about Angie and Taehyun each getting a hit from Rani and Junhyuk who had been in denial during the three years that Angie and Dongwoo were dating and the two years they were engaged. But they couldn’t deny it anymore that their ship has truly sunk and there will be no revival. Yet they were both too stubborn to admit that they were both very happy that two of their dear friends had found happiness like them. The happiness may not have been with who Rani or Junhyuk wanted, but as the eldest of their group, they just want their friends to find happiness and love. Angie and Taehyun could see through them though and they knew that under their jabs, they were grateful that Angie found someone like Dongwoo and Taehyun had reconnected with Hyeran.

“So, what’s next?” Taehyun later asked Angie as the two danced together, Kaleb having taken Hyeran while Eunsol danced with her father.

“Well, wait four months until this one is out and then we’ll see.” Angie laughed, looking over where she saw Dongwoo’s sister dancing with Sejun and her mom dancing with Hyunwoo.

“I’m so happy and proud of you.” Taehyun grinned.

“Thanks, hermano. I’m happy and proud of you too. When are you and Hyeran eonni going to tie the knot?” Angie laughed.

“Soon, hopefully. I just need to propose.” “Yeah, get on that.” The two shared a laugh.

“Thanks for always standing by my side, Taehyun. I couldn’t have asked for a better brother from another mother.”

“Well you did help save Eunjung’s and San’s life. It was the least I could do. But it’s not like you wouldn’t have been able to handle everything. And now you got Dongwoo to have your back 24/7.” “And you have Hyeran eonni.”

Their lives may not have ended up like either of their friends expected—even if Angie and Taehyun denied any romance constantly when asked—but they got something a bit better.