Chapter 34

Rain On Me

Double update (?) I think...depends on when you see this XD So go read Chapter 33 if you haven't XD 


I sat still as Edward did my makeup. He was practicing for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding since he deemed himself as my stylist. We’re getting someone for my hair though since Edward didn’t want to stress over that. My bridesmaids along with Sera were sitting in my room as Sera went over some details for the dinner and wedding with us. Yoonsan and the other guys were downstairs except for Junhyuk who was picking someone up from the airport. None of us knew who it was but he’s been super excited and happy for a week.

“Dark and smoky for the wedding or for the dinner?” Edward turned my head towards everyone. He had done two different styles on me so they could compare.

“Wedding, it’s more extravagant.” Sera looked up from her notebook then looking back down once she stated her decision. Everyone else voiced their agreement.

“There you go.” I looked up at Edward.

“Hmm, they’re right. Okay. I’ll take a picture then send it to your hairstylist so they can match your hairstyles to the makeup.” Edward took out his phone and did as he said. He’s been keeping in touch with the stylist ever since we found one since he wanted me to look perfect.

I began working on wiping off the makeup when I heard a maid come running into the room.

“Miss Eunjung, you might want to go downstairs.” I quickly stood up at the urgency of her voice, ignoring the fact that one side of my face was smeared and the other face had been untouched from the makeup wipe.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well-“ The maid was cut off by Hojeong oppa’s frantic yell.

“Eunjung! Edward hyung! We need you!” And with that, Edward and I were running out the room and hurrying down the stairs. Once we were downstairs in the living room, we saw a rather tall Caucasian girl being held back by Junhyuk oppa and Yoonsan cradling the side of his face, moving his jaw around. Kidmon oppa had his phone out and it looked like he was recording everything.

“Okay, Rani, I think he’s had enough. He suffered through his own stupidity.” I heard Junhyuk oppa try and soothe the girl.

“We have a saying in my family. If you’re going to be stupid, you better be tough. So, San, toughen your weak up.” I was so confused.

Rani, he’s not that stupid anymore.” Edward spoke up from next to me, walking over to the girl and Junhyuk oppa.

Rani? I didn’t know you were coming to visit!” I happily exclaimed, recognizing the girl who I sometimes skyped with Edward. I then finally noticed Yoonsan still looking like he was in pain and I ran over.

“Are you okay? What happened?” I moved his hand from his face, seeing a forming bruise.

“I got punched.” He grumbled, resting his hands on my waist as I examined the bruise.

“Do you need to go to the doctor?” I asked. Yoonsan shook his head.

“I’ll be fine.” He assured me. I smiled, shaking my head.

“Let’s get some ice or something on it so it doesn’t swell. We can cover the bruise with makeup but we don’t want you looking like a chipmunk.” I joked.

“See! They’re cute together now! That French hasn’t shown her face in months.” I heard Edward happily exclaim.

“The punch had been coming for a while.” Rani rolled her eyes.

“But I haven’t done anything wrong!” Yoonsan exclaim from behind me, letting out a groan and then holding the side of his jaw.

“Haha! That was awesome! Hyung, is this the girl you’ve been talking about? I like her!” Kidmon oppa laughed.

“Don’t encourage this!” Yoonsan groaned again. Yeah, let’s get him some ice. I tugged on Yoonsan’s hand, trying to get him to walk with me to the kitchen.

Once Yoonsan was taken care of, I sent him back into the living room and then went back to my room with Edward. I offered the invitation out to Rani but Junhyuk oppa declined for her. He was basically wrapped around her as they sat on the couch. I laughed at Rani’s annoyed expression before promising to come back down soon. I just basically needed to get the makeup off. As soon as my makeup was gone, I had my bridesmaids and Sera come back downstairs with Edward and I so introductions could be formally made. Believe it or not, my bridesmaids hadn’t met the groomsmen nor had they been assigned to one another yet. Sera and I still needed to decide that. We actually needed to find a maid of honor. Moonkyu oppa has been assigned to be Yoonsan’s best man since not only is he one of Yoonsan’s best friends, but also my brother. I wasn’t sure of who to be the maid of honor since I’m good friends with all my bridesmaids.

“So, Eunjung, have any idea on who should be the maid of honor?” Edward asked me as we all sat in the living room. I looked at all of my bridesmaids before shrugging my shoulders.

“I don’t know. They’ve all helped me with so much and had been there for me. It doesn’t seem fair to pick just one.” I scratched the back of my head, still trying to figure out how to decide this.

“Why don’t we play rock paper scissors?” Jina offered softly, examining the cookie she was about to eat.

I looked to the rest of my bridesmaids, who seemed to agree to the idea. I mean, I guess it was fair, winner gets to be maid of honor. I mean, it was just a title at the end of the day. They have all been equally involved with the wedding and have all been amazing friends so it didn’t really matter who was the maid of honor. In the end, Sunny won so she was now my maid of honor and partnered with Moonkyu oppa. Now we just had to decided who else went with who. Sera just decided to go by heights so since Sungwoon oppa was the shortest, and my bridesmaids were wearing heels, I had to pair him with someone shorter than him even in heels so it didn’t look weird for pictures. Once Sera decided who would go with who, she wrote it down to show to my mother and Mina later for their approval.

Rani, where’s Angie? I thought you two were planning to come down together.” I asked as I showed her around the house. My bridesmaids and Sera and all left a while ago, leaving just Rani, Edward, and the guys. 

Her work schedule conflicted with the trip but we’re planning to come again in the summer.” She assured me. I smiled, glad to hear that since I got along well with them when we talked.

So, how did you and get everything under control? Edward has kept me out of the loop.” I laughed at the nickname she gave Yoonsan.

We just talked. I guess he realized what he was doing or something. I don’t know, it just kind of happened. I’m glad though since I didn’t like us ‘fighting’.” I did air quotes around fighting. We’ve had some fights these past few months but never like what happened between us before we got ‘together’.

And you don’t have to worry about Colette or your mother anymore too.” I smiled, nodding my head. That definitely was a plus. “So when are you going to apply for college?

I already been accepted into Seoul University on a full paid scholarship so I just need to go and register for my classes and then orientation but that’s not until after the wedding. Like, literally the day after the wedding.

So no fun time on the honeymoon?” Rani nudged my shoulder with a suggestive smirk.

No, we won’t be playing Dungeons and Dragons. I have to wake up early the next morning.” I decided to ignore what she really meant by fun time.

Who the hell plays Dungeons and Dragons?!” She laughed before wrapping an arm around me to hug me as we walked to the garden—so I could give her a play by play of what happened when Colette came over demanding the wedding be stopped. “I swear, you’re too cute.” I giggled, shaking my head at this.

Oh, Rani, what exactly happened in the living room earlier?” I stopped walking, looking up at Rani. I was still confused as to what had happened.

You mean when I punched ?” I nodded my head. “You see, what had happened was…

 

Author’s Point of View

 

Rani grinned when she saw Junhyuk standing in the terminal, waiting for her with a sign. She greeted him with a long awaited kiss.

“Hello there.” Junhyuk smiled when they pulled away. Rani laughed.

“Hello.” Words couldn’t explain how happy they both were to be in each other’s arms. Phone calls and Skype wasn’t enough for them.

Junhyuk took Rani’s suitcase for her before grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers. He lead the way out of the airport and to his car. When they got in, Junhyuk turned to her.

“Do you want to go to my place or are you up for meeting my friends?” Rani looked over at him at the mention of meeting his friends.

“We can go and meet your friends.” Rani tried to hide the smirk she knew was wanting to show. Meeting his friends meant seeing Yoonsan in person.

“You sure?” Rani smiled a sweet smile, nodding her head.

“Of course. I can’t wait to meet them.” Rani leaned over, placing a quick kiss onto his lips. Junhyuk smiled, starting the car. Rani was finally going to meet .

The five boys had been talking when a maid came to inform Yoonsan about Junhyuk’s arrival. They stood up, getting ready to greet their hyung and whoever came with him when Yoonsan froze at the sound of a familiar voice call out “, where are you?!

“Oh no.” And before Yoonsan could react, a fist connected with the side of his jaw just as his mind registered that Rani was in his house. He heard everyone go ‘Oooooo!’ and felt the pain explode on the side of his face. He quickly grabbed his face, trying to apply pressure to the area in hopes of relieving some of the pain.

Rani stood there, proud of herself and couldn’t help but chuckle when she felt Junhyuk hold on to her. It’s not like she was going to swing again. Just one punch was fine with her since she’s been pissed over how stupid Yoonsan has been. She tried to hold in her laughter when the maid took off running up the stairs, possibly to get Eunjung. She looked at Yoonsan, feeling the tiniest amount of guilt—it was miniscule—when she saw him holding the side of his face. The punch was really overdue.

Hey, . Thought you were safe, huh?” Rani smirked.

“What was that for?! I haven’t done anything.” Yoonsan groaned.

Really ? You haven’t done anything?” Rani deadpanned.

“Okay, I have done things, but not since we last talked! I swear!” Rani didn’t miss the relieved look on Yoonsan’s face when Eunjung and Edward came downstairs. She also didn’t miss how Eunjung was quick to go to his side when she saw him in pain. She did almost miss what Junhyuk said to her though but she was fighting to hold in her teapot squeal when she saw in person how cute Yoonsan and Eunjung were.

 

Eunjung’s Point of View

 

I didn’t know if I should have laughed or not by the time Rani finished telling me what had happened. I mean, I felt bad since it was Yoonsan who was punched, but, knowing Rani, it was bound to have happened.

Everything’s fine now, I swear. He’s not that big of a .” I assured her. I then went on to explain how these past few months have been and how Yoonsan’s and I’s relationship has gone.

And Colette has been trying to contact him for a couple weeks but he’s been deleting and ignoring everything. He actually just blocked her number yesterday because the number of times she was calling was getting ridiculous.” I finished telling Rani just as we returned back to the living room.

“See! I’ve been good!” Yoonsan exclaimed from where he sat on the couch, holding an icepack to his face. Rani smiled, walking over to him and giving him a hug. She held him at arm’s length and petted his head.

“Aigoo, such a good boy.” She cooed. It sounded like she was speaking to a dog.

“Yah! I’m not a dog!” Yoonsan swatted at her arms, getting up and coming to stand next to me. He hugged me, almost as if he was using me as a shield. I rolled my eyes but patted his back. He could be such a baby, I swear.