Chapter 37

Rain On Me

Author’s Point of View

 

Eunjung let out a cry at the same time as Yoonsan when his father slapped him, cutting off his sentence. Eunjung fell to her knees next to Yoonsan’s body, helping him sit up.

“How dare you speak to me like that!” Yoonsan’s father roared. Eunjung was visibly shaken by his voice and the entire situation.

“Yoonsan, are you okay?” You could hear the shakiness in Eunjung’s voice but you could also that she was trying hard to keep her voice strong and steady. Yoonsan nodded his head, allowing Eunjung to remove his hand from his cheek. He saw her expression change, her skin pale and then her head turn to look away. Yoonsan wanted to aske what was wrong when he saw the blood on his hand.

“Eunjung, it’s okay, I’m okay.” He whispered, trying to keep her from passing out. Yoonsan could feel her hands fumbling to get his handkerchief from his tux and then press it to his cheek, covering the cut.

Once the cut was taken care of, Eunjung tried to help Yoonsan stand up but as he got him on his feet, his father gave him a swift, harsh kick to Yoonsan’s stomach. The force of the kick caused Yoonsan to fall over, bringing Eunjung down with him. She was careful to not land on an already injured Yoonsan.

“Stay down where you belong, you little piece of-“ And at that moment, Rani stormed through the doors, exposing the others who had been eaves dropping, trying to see if they would need to intervene. Junhyuk quickly followed after Rani.

“These motherers think they can do like this!” Everyone had been surprised into silence by Rani.

“Who they do you think you are, kicking your own son like that?! You’re ing crazy, that’s who you are! The three of you are worthless pieces of , making your children’s life miserable, you good for nothing asshats, you damn douche canoes!” Rani then turned all her attention onto Eunjung’s mother.

“And you, you witch of a mother, threatening your daughter and making her life a living hell! I should beat your , right here, right now you sad excuse of a mother!” Junhyuk could see the look of pure terror on Eunjung’s face and he knew it was because of the way Rani was speaking to her mother. The anger from Eunjung’s mother will either be taken out on Rani herself or she’ll take it out on her daughter and Eunjung knew this and she was terrified of either outcome.

“You pieces of , ing shouldn’t even be called parents. I can make your life a living hell and-“ Junhyuk put a hand over Rani’s mouth, muffling her voice as he began to pull her away.

“I know you have a sense of justice, my love, but now is not the time.” Junhyuk whispered to her, hoping that Eunjung’s parents and Yoonsan’s father doesn’t do anything anymore rash than they’ve done before. He knew how parents like Eunjung’s and Yoonsan’s father were. They weren’t a common occurance within their social class but they were there and Junhyuk has ran into his fair share to know that interfering could do more harm than good for their child if you have no power or anything to hold above them.

Once Rani and Junhyuk was gone, Eunjung’s mother finally spoke. “Are these the people you’re starting to associate with, Eunjung?” Her tone had been so cold that it caused Eunjung to shiver.

Eunjung’s mother moved until she was standing over Eunjung who quickly shifted her body so that she could be some form of a shield for Yoonsan who has still wheezing from the kick that had knocked the air out of him.

“Mother, please, that video isn’t what it looks like. I promise you.” Eunjung pleaded, fighting her tears. Maybe if she could explain, her and Yoonsan would be fine.

“I thought I made myself clear, Eunjung. I hoped it would make you turn from a sad excuse of a daughter to someone who mattered. I guess I was wrong.” Eunjung’s mother tsked, her hand lifting Eunjung’s head up by her chin so that Eunjung was looking at her. It seemed like she was caressing her face and Eunjung was confused by what she was doing but before Eunjung could move, she received a swift slap to the face that knocked her over.

“Say goodbye to college, Eunjung. By tomorrow, no college will take you.” Eunjung’s mother ignored the shocked and betrayed expression on Eunjung’s face.

“B-but, but mother, please.” Eunjung whimpered, moving to get back on her knees.

“Mother, all my hard work, you can’t take that away from me! That’s all I had! It’s what I was known for! You can’t do that to me.” Eunjung’s pleading voice began to sound somewhat hysterical as her mother’s words fully sunk in. Eunjung grabbed the skirt of her mother’s dress only to have her hands smacked away. The entire time, Yoonsan was trying to get his bearings so he could offer Eunjung some backup, or comfort at least but that kick to his gut did more damage than he was expecting.

“You know what would happen if you disobeyed me, stop making yourself look so pitiful.” And with that, she walked away, Eunjung’s father, and Yoonsan’s father following after her, ready to leave behind their children to pick themselves up. But, as they were leaving, Yoonsan’s mother appeared through the door that Rani burst through earlier, showing that the others were still eaves dropping.

“Yeobo, what happened? What-“ She stopped talking, seeing the condition that Yoonsan and Eunjung were in, wasting no time to run over to them and see what was wrong.

“What happened to them? Eunjung, son, are you okay?” She kneeled down next to Yoonsan who was still clutching his stomach and barely being able to breath regularly. She saw the zombie like state that Eunjung seemed to have gotten in and placed a hand on Eunjung’s shoulder, wanting to see what was wrong.

“Mina, leave them. Let’s go and try to clear the mess they made.” 

“But, yeobo, they’re-“

“Leave them, Mina.” Eunjung’s mother said, not looking in their direction.

“No, Aera! You may treat your children one way, but I don’t. My son is hurt and my daughter-in-law is in tears!” Yoonsan was surprised to hear this come from his mother who seemed to follow the orders of her husband and bestfriend so easily. He knew his mother cared, but she also was easy to push around, someone who wanted nothing but to please others even if it meant going against her own morals. He was seeing his mother in a different light now.

Yoonsan’s father walked over, grabbing his wife by the arm and lifting her up with ease. Yoonsan tried to reach out and grab her hand, wanting her to stay but it slipped from his grasp. He watched as his mother protested physically and vocally, trying to get away to go back to him and Eunjung until they disappeared through the doors. Yoonsan finally took full notice of Eunjung who had gone silent after her mother’s last statement towards her. She hadn’t moved and was staring at nothing. He struggled to sit up and then move towards her until he was next to her. Yoonsan timidly wrapped an arm around her, bringing her close.

“Jagiya, we, we should go home.” Yoonsan’s voice sound raspy and weak and he couldn’t help but curse himself. Now was the time that Eunjung needed him to be strong.

“It’s gone, all of it.” Eunjung’s voice had no emotion and she didn’t even look at him. Her eyes stayed focused on what was in front of her.

“Jagiya, let’s go home.” Yoonsan’s voice came out stronger this time but he kept a comforting tone to it.

“Hey, what happened?” Yoonsan looked when he heard Nayoung’s voice. He watched as she hurried towards them, kneeling down next to Eunjung.

“Noona, help me get her out of here.” Yoonsan held onto one of Eunjung’s arms, standing up but letting out a curse when he felt his legs shake. Nayoung quickly shot on arm out, allowing him to hold her while he allowed his legs to steady so that he didn’t fall on Eunjung.

Nayoung stood Eunjung up once she was sure Yoonsan was fine. “Are you guys okay? Everyone is going crazy. Rani went bat crazy and everyone’s worried about you guys.” Yoonsan hugged Eunjung close, ignoring the fact that she didn’t hug back like she normally would.

“We just need to get home right now, noona.” Yoonsan said. Nayoung led them out of the building and got one of the valets to bring Yoonsan’s car. When they brought the car, Nayoung took the car keys, getting into the driver’s side.

“You’re not fit to drive right now, San.” She explained, making Yoonsan and Eunjung go to the back. Yoonsan sat Eunjung in the car, putting her seatbelt on for her before putting on his own. Once Nayoung was sure that they were buckled in, she started the car, driving back to their home.

Meanwhile, back at the ballroom, Eunjung’s and Yoonsan’s father were apologizing to the guests while Eunjung’s and Yoonsan’s friends sat together at one table. Edward, Rani, Taehyun, Sungwoon, Sunny, Megan, and Joan glared daggers directly at them. Their glares would become harsher whenever Eunjung’s mother, father, or Yoonsan’s father looked in their direction. Sooyoung kept looking at the doors that Nayoung had disappeared to under her orders with a worried expression. She hoped that Nayoung didn’t bring Yoonsan and Eunjung back and took them home. From what they all heard, they knew that neither of them could handle putting on a front for all these people right now.

“Hyung, what’s going to happen to San and Eunjungie?” Hojeong whispered to Junhyuk. Junhyuk sighed before giving him a small smile.

“I don’t know, Hojeong. Hyung doesn’t know.” Junhyuk patted Hojeong’s back. Hojeong sighed, looking over at Moonkyu who hadn’t said a word since Eunjung and Yoonsan were dragged away by their parents. He didn’t get up with them when they went to go and see what was going on, Junhyuk had to force him from their orginial table so he was sitting with them. Hojeong wasn’t sure of the emotion that he saw in Moonkyu’s eyes, he could only describe it as guilt but he didn’t know why Moonkyu would feel guilty.

You’ve got to be ing kidding me.” Hojeong looked over at Rani who was staring in a certain direction. He turned his head to look in that specific direction but saw a fleeing body.

Oh hell no!” Rani exclaimed, getting up and running after that person who just left the ballroom.

“Should we go after her?” Jina wondered.

“I think that would be best.” Mary answered, everyone agreeing before getting up at once and going after Rani.

They followed Rani till they got outside, where they heard Rani go “, you’re gonna catch these hands!” Before they saw her lunge at someone.

“Oh crap! Hyung! Aren’t you going to do something?!” Hojeong looked to Junhyuk who had a proud grin on.

“Nope.” He simply said, grinning at Hojeong.

“But hyung, she’s-“ Hojeong watched as she brought Colette over, holding her by her hair and that’s when it clicked.

Why the are you here, ?” Rani spat out, throwing Colette to the ground harshly.

This is assault! I can have you arrested!” Colette screamed at Rani but making no move to get up.

And we can have you arrested for harassment.” Edward fired back, moving so he was next to Rani. Rani gave Colette a swift kick to her side before speaking up.

You didn’t answer my question. Why the are you here?” Rani said through clenched teeth.

I had a meeting here.” Colette groaned.

Bull.” Sunny glared at Colette, arms crossed over her chest.

You had something to do with that video, didn’t you?” Joan accused. Colette didn’t speak, causing Rani to kick her again.

Answer her.” Rani ordered.

How can I when you keep kicking me?!” Colette yelled, only to get backhanded by Rani.

Answer her.” Rani ordered again. Colette turned to look at the guys, giving them a pleading look.

Don’t look at us.” Moonkyu spoke up, disgusted.

They won’t help you, Colette. We know the real you and we know that you had something to do with that video.” Megan smirked.

If you know that, then why ask me these stupid questions?” Colette dropped the helpless act.

You ing-“ Junhyuk grabbed Rani before she could attack. They all could see the busted lip Colette had and the forming bruises. They weren’t against Colette getting her handed to her again but they didn’t want Rani to get in trouble.

We’re being serious when we say this Colette, but if you want to stay alive, we order you to stay away from Yoonsan and Eunjung. You’ve done enough damage, but you won’t get anywhere. We can’t promise that Rani won’t hurt you next time you do something to them. Stop acting so disgusting and pathetic and leave them alone. Get a life, you almost make me feel sorry for you.” Edward got the final word. Colette looked at him then at everyone else, only to find everyone glaring at her, daring her to defy Edward’s words. They weren’t going to let her ruin Yoonsan’s and Eunjung’s lives anymore, those two didn’t deserve that.


A/N I'm so close to reaching 40 subs! That makes me so, so happy! I really appreciate every single one of you so, so, so, so, SOOOOOOOOOOO much! Especially those who leave me comments! I love your feedback and everytime I get a notification for a new comment, I get all happy and giddy and smile for the rest of the day!