Chapter 10

Rain On Me

I woke up early again the next day and did my usual routine. I went downstairs to the kitchen, happy to see Sooyoung eonni making breakfast.

“Good morning eonni.” Sooyoung eonni smiled at me.

“Good morning Miss Eunjung. Feeling better?” I nodded my head, smile on my face.

“Yes eonni, thank you again for last night.”

Last night, Sooyoung eonni came to my room to bring me dinner. I felt bad that she became somewhat in the middle of something that should strictly be just between Yoonsan and I but she had assured me that he had gone to her first. After that, she pulled me away from my desk and sat me on the bed, sitting down next to me. She made me tell her what was wrong and after I told her what I had heard Yoonsan said, she made tell her everything that I have been holding in since I found out about the arranged marriage. After some encouraging from her part, I told her all my frustrations. She stayed silent the entire time, making a noise every now and then to show that she was listening. By the end, she had told me that if I ever needed someone to talk to, to go to her. I had felt better after all that.

“Miss Eunjung, I know what you heard Yoonsan say was the worst thing for you to hear, but I’ve known Yoonsan for a long time, and he’s not like his or your parents. I’m not saying for you to forgive him, that should be up to you. Just…don’t let anything affect the relationship between you and San. You two are on the same side in this thing and it would if you two didn’t have each other’s back.” I had thought about Sooyoung eonni’s words all night and decided that talking to Yoonsan soon would be best. She was right. We both were on the same side and there’s no point in us fighting…unless he was to get in the way of my dreams.

“Good morning noona.” I jumped in shock when Yoonsan practically snuck up from behind me.

“Good morning San.” Sooyoung looked like she wanted to laugh but decided not to.

“Why don’t you and Miss Eunjung go sit down. Breakfast will be done soon.” I saw that Yoonsan barely realized I was there. He quickly bowed to me, saying good morning and I did the same, just, without the bowing. I followed him to the table where we sat down at the same spots we sat at for our first dinner.

It was awkwardly silent between us and I noticed Yoonsan’s blinking continuously. I’m beginning to wonder if that’s a nervous tick of his. It’s actually kind of adorable.

“Yoonsan” “Eunjung” We spoke at the same time. I blushed while Yoonsan looked away, clearing his throat.

 “You first.” We spoke again. I giggled this time and he chuckled.

“Okay, seriously, you first.” I urged him. He shook his head, finally looking at me.

“No, ladies first.” I frowned at this. “Okay, I’ll go first.” I grinned. Yoonsan took a deep breath before speaking.

“If I said or did anything that upset you, I apologize. And, even if I didn’t do or say anything, but someone else did, you can tell me.” I smiled a small smile.

“Thank you, Yoonsan. And, I just want to apologize for how I behaved towards you yesterday. I just heard you say something and I…freaked out. I shouldn’t of been listening in on your conversation with your father and I should’ve talked to you instead of jumping to conclusions.

And, everything has just been overwhelming for me. One day, I’m just a regular high school student, months away from graduating. Now, I’m someone’s fiancé and it’s just scary knowing that everything I worked so hard for, could be taken away in a blink of an eye.” I sighed at the end, feeling out of breath from my little rant but smiling slightly and bowing my head to the maid who placed my breakfast in front of me.

“Conversation with my…oh.” A look of understanding came across Yoonsan’s face before he let out a sigh.

“Eunjung, I know what you heard scared you but I didn’t mean for it to sound that way. It’s just, my father came over yesterday to talk about work and him being here was just stressful enough as is but then he started talking about you and asking when you’ll graduate and college and then saying that your mom and my mom were happy with their lives now.

I just, got frustrated because what you said at the restaurant stuck with me. Your expression alone just, hit me and I felt so guilty that I couldn’t stop all of this. And all those feelings just came out and I snapped at my dad.” Yoonsan looked at me this time.

“I know how scary this all is but, I don’t want you scared for your dreams. I would hate for someone to stand in the way of mine, so I won’t stand in the way of yours.” I couldn’t help the giant smile that I felt slowly but surely growing.

“Wait, so you mean…” Yoonsan laughed, nodding his head almost as if he knew what I was trying to say.

“Eunjung, you’re going to finish high school and after that, you can go to college. Our parents tend to forget that it’s okay for girls to have jobs and do things other than shopping. You were forced into this mess, you should get something good from it.” I let out squeal, jumping out of my chair and wrapping my arms around Yoonsan in a hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have no idea how happy I am right now!” Yoonsan let out an awkward laugh, patting my shoulder.

“Uh, I think I have an idea.” I released him, having a hard time wiping the smile from my face. I sat back down and was about to eat my breakfast when Mr. Shin appeared.

“I hate to interrupt but Miss Eunjung, if we don’t leave now, you’ll be late for school.” I jumped up from my chair, nearly hitting my knees on the table.

“Ah! I need to leave now! Sorry I couldn’t have breakfast with you, Yoonsan. Have a great day. Bye eonni!” I jumped around, trying to put on my shoes while Mr. Shin held my backpack for me. Sooyoung eonni ran out, holding another packed lunch. She handed it to Mr. Shin and helped me with my shoes.

“Have a wonderful day at school, Miss Eunjung.” I smiled to her, nodding my head.

“I will! Bye everyone!” Mr. Shin gently pushed me, hand between my shoulder blades.

“Bye Eunjung.” I smiled to Yoonsan, who smiled back. By the time I got to school, I had to sprint to get through the gate that was nearly closing. I should join the Olympics. Or at least the track team.

At lunch, I decided to stop by the café on my way to the Daycare center to get a drink for me and Edward. Besides nearly being late, my day had been good so far. I happily entered the café, breathing in the smell of brewing coffee. I waited in line, taking that time to decide what I wanted. I had texted Edward on my way, seeing what he would’ve liked.

“Eunjungie!” I looked behind and saw Junhyuk oppa smiling his signature smile and standing not that far behind him was Moonkyu oppa.

“Hi oppas! What are you two doing here?” I happily greeted. Junhyuk hugged me, moving as the line moved while he still hugged me.

“We came for food and coffee. Would you like to join us?” I smiled at the offer.

“I’m sorry Junhyuk oppa but my friend is waiting for me. But you two can come and eat with us if you want.” I countered.

“Why aren’t you in school?” Moonkyu oppa questioned.

“I’m at lunch right now but I have a free period right after so I go to the daycare center to eat with my friend Edward.” I explained to Moonkyu oppa with a smile. Moonkyu oppa then looked away from me and up to the menu.

“We’d love to join you! It’s been so long since me and you have talked properly, we have a lot of catching up to do. And I would love to properly thank Edward for being by your side when you were upset. Is everything okay now, Eunjungie?” Junhyuk had taken to my hair as he spoke.

I nodded my head. “Everything is better now, Junhyuk oppa.” It was my turn to order and then I waited for Junhyuk oppa and Moonkyu oppa then Junhyuk oppa lead us to a table near the counter so we could hear when they called our orders. Junhyuk oppa asked me about school, what I plan for after high school and I happily told him everything. Our orders were thankfully called at the same time then I lead them to the daycare center. I had simply texted Edward to make sure he looked presentable because if I don’t warn him beforehand about Junhyuk oppa and Moonkyu oppa coming, he’d be very upset if he didn’t look good.

“And this is where I come after school and help out. It’s fun, playing with the kids and taking care of them and the kids are so sweet.” I happily explained to them as we walked into the daycare center. I lead them to the break room where Edward was already, on his phone since he waits for me to get there so we can both eat together.

Edward, I brought guests and coffee.” I called out to him, him looking up from his phone to see I was there.

He stood up, greeting me with a hug then bowing to Junhyuk oppa and Moonkyu oppa. Junhyuk oppa happily bowed to him.

“Hi Edward. It’s nice to see you again.” Edward blushed before saying the same thing to Junhyuk oppa.

Edward, this is my brother, Kim Moonkyu. Moonkyu oppa, this is my best friend, Edward Avila.” I introduced them to each other. I could see Edward’s expression harden when he found out that he was in front of my brother but his smile made it difficult for Junhyuk oppa and Moonkyu oppa to notice…I hoped.

“Hello Moonkyu. I hear a lot about you from Eunjung. I’m happy to finally have a face to the name.” I could already tell Edward was thinking that ‘it’s nice to have a face to the name so I know whose to kick’ but I was glad that Edward wasn’t actually going to go through with the action for my sake…and so he isn’t fired.

“I can say the same about you, Edward.” Moonkyu oppa coolly said. It made me happy to hear that because it meant that what I talked to Moonkyu oppa about, really did stay with him.

“Enough chit chat, I’m starving. And I’m sure you are too, Eunjungie. I know how draining school can be. And Edward must be too. Children can be a joy but tiring.” Junhyuk oppa happily clapped his hands, getting the attention of Edward and Moonkyu oppa.

The four of us sat down and I handed Edward his drink to which he happily thanked me. I happily opened the lunch that Sooyoung eonni packed, getting all giggly when I saw another note.

“Miss Eunjung,

Get used to these lunches because if you want to be Valedictorian, you’re going to need a full, happy stomach and the needed nutrients for your mind to help you ace all your exams. Have a wonderful day!”

“Oh, what’s this? A love letter?” Junhyuk teased, looking at the colorful sticky note.

“No, Sooyoung eonni wrote it for me. She started packing lunch for me.” I happily said. I got my binder from my backpack, putting the note in the pouch on the front of my binder where I placed the note from yesterday too. The notes have been making me happy and were always a pick me up when I saw them when I take my binder out for certain classes.

“Aww, now isn’t that sweet. It reminds me of when I was little and my mom would pack me lunch. She’d put cute, little notes that were always a nice ‘surprise’ for me for lunch. They didn’t turn into much of a surprise after a while but they still made me smile.” Edward said, smiling as he took a sip of his coffee. He then looked at Moonkyu oppa who had been looking at his phone the entire time.

“Moonkyu, has your mom ever done anything like that for you and Eunjung?” Edward had a smile on his face, but I could feel the hate that emitted from Edward towards my brother. No matter what I said about Moonkyu oppa, Edward didn’t like him…or my mother. Edward didn’t like him much at first but I knew he would be fine if they were to meet but I think after the incident with the marriage and the outfit, Edward just now despised my brother.

“No, she isn’t that type of mom.” Moonkyu oppa only looked up from his phone for a moment before turning his attention back to it.

Obviously.” Edward mumbled. I gave him a sharp look, hoping that Moonkyu oppa didn’t hear.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Moonkyu oppa put down his phone, looking Edward dead in the eye. Oh no, Moonkyu oppa, don’t challenge Edward. You don’t know what you’re getting into!

“What I mean is-“ I let out a loud, fake laugh, clapping my hands.

“Ah! Edward, you’re so funny! Isn’t he funny, Moonkyu oppa? Aigoo, this is why I love you, best friend.” I hugged Edward’s arm tightly, hoping to get him to shut up.

“Ayye, you sure know how to make people laugh, Edward. No wonder you were able to help Eunjungie smile.” Thank you Junhyuk oppa! He wrapped an arm around Moonkyu oppa’s shoulders.

“Edward, come over on Friday so you can meet Sooyoung eonni and Yoonsan.” I decided to steer away the conversation to something else.

“Oh! You can meet everyone else too! San invited us over on Friday for a housewarming. And you can see everyone again, Eunjungie. But I’m not sure how good you’ll remember them.” Junhyuk oppa said.

“Oh, I didn’t know you all were going over on Friday.” I doubt I’ll remember them if I had trouble remembering Junhyuk oppa.

“Yeah. San didn’t tell you?” Junhyuk oppa wondered. I shook my head. We didn’t talk much yesterday and this morning, the topic didn’t have a chance to be brought up.

“No, but that’s okay. We haven’t had much time to talk.” I then looked to Edward, expectant smile on my face. “So…?”

Edward took a deep breath before looking at me with a smile. He no longer looked like he wanted to murder Moonkyu oppa.

I’d love to go over on Friday. You can show me this garden you’ve been going on and on about.” I smiled, not missing the murderous glare that Edward shot towards Moonkyu oppa but I decided to not comment on that.

“Oh, Eunjungie.” I turned to look at Junhyuk oppa who was scrolling through his phone before putting it down next to him and smiling.

“San texted us yesterday. Is everything fine?” I could feel Edward’s questioning look. I was going to tell Edward but I didn’t plan for Junhyuk oppa or Moonkyu oppa to be here during lunch.

“Ah, yeah. It had just been a misunderstanding. We’re good now.” I smiled, shooting a look to Edward meaning that I’ll tell him everything later.     


A/N I'm very tempted to update all the chapters I have already written at once buuuuut...I'm not going to XD Anyways...I've reached 15 subscribers!!!^^ That makes me very happy and grateful. Thank you all for subscribing to this story, it really means the world to me. Comments also mean the world to me too...just saying XD But I'm very curious about what you all think of the story so far. You don't have to comment if you want (Ugh, if there's anything that pisses me off more is when an author forces the readers to comment if they want the next chapter like, no, just stop).