Chapter 1

Rain On Me

I awoke with a start at the loud banging at my bedroom door. Sigh and it had been such a nice dream…I think. I can’t remember dreams that good after I wake up.

“Yah! Eunjung, get up!” Moonkyu oppa was home? He usually stayed at a friends’ house when he went out. I couldn’t stop the smile that grew on my face as I scrambled out of bed, rushing into the bathroom that was connected to my room after I made my bed.

I showered and went through my morning routine, throwing on my school uniform and brushing my hair. I did my eyeliner and mascara, the only things I did on a normal basis for makeup. Maybe Moonkyu oppa would give me a ride to school if I ask nicely. Once I was ready, I grabbed my backpack, making sure I had everything inside it before leaving my room. I would bow to whatever staff I passed by on my way to the kitchen.

“Oppa, could you give me a ride to school?” I trailed off slowly when I saw that my brother wasn’t in the kitchen and instead it was just my parents.

“He left already.” My father simply said, not looking up from his newspaper. My mother didn’t even look over at me but it was something I’ve grown used to. That doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt me, but what could I do?

“Oh, okay.” I sighed out. I went to go and see if there was something for me to eat for breakfast but didn’t find anything.

“You’ve been looking rounder in your stomach and waist area. You could go with missing a few meals.” And of course the only time my mother speaks to me is to criticize but that’s fine. She’s just looking out for my best interest, right?

“I’m sorry mother. I’ll watch what I eat for now on.” She didn’t even look at me as she continued to use her phone.

I grabbed an apple so I could have something in my stomach before hurrying out the house, hoping I didn’t miss the bus. When I got to the bus stop, I saw the same people who got on the same bus as me so I was able to relax, knowing I wouldn’t have to run to school. I leaned against the pole, wiping my apple on my shirt when a little voice next to me stopped me.

“Mama, I’m hungry. When are we going to eat?” It was a little boy, tugging on his mom’s skirt in attempt to get her attention.

“Not now sweetie. I need to pick up the car first and do some errands. We’ll eat after.” She looked away from her cell phone, covering it so the person she was talking to didn’t hear.

“But mama.” The boy whined. I looked at my delicious red apple, my own stomach growling before letting out a little whine. I made sure the apple was clean before getting down to the boy’s level.

“Would you like my apple? It should hold you over until your mommy takes you to eat breakfast.” I held the apple to the little boy who looked expectantly up at his mom. She looked down at me, giving me a once over before motioning for her son to take it before bowing slightly to me then returning to her phone call.

“What do you say to the nice noona?” The boy grinned at me as he took the apple.

“Thank you noona!” I smiled, ruffling his hair then standing up straight just as the bus arrived.

“Eat it well, okay.” The boy nodded at me happily as him and his mom boarded the bus. I allowed everyone to board the bus before I did, paying the needed fee. I was able to find an open seat and sat down, wrapping an arm around my stomach.

“Sorry tummy, you’ll just have to wait for lunch.” I looked my stomach over, trying to see what weight my mother had been talking about. She obviously saw something that I didn’t.

I was so busy looking at my stomach that I didn’t notice someone sitting in the empty seat next to me.

“Here.” I jumped when I saw a poptart being offered to me. I looked over to see who it was and saw a tan boy with sharp features and dark brown hair. I gave him a confused look, unsure of why he was giving me the poptart.

“Yah, are you going to eat it or not?” I hesitantly took the poptart from him. I heard him let out a sigh before I felt my hand get pushed towards my face.

“Yah! What-“ I took a bite of the poptart and the weird boy seemed happy enough with that bite.

“Now you just need to chew and swallow. Hopefully you don’t need help with that either.” He gave me a look and I quickly shook my head. I don’t need a stranger feeding me like a bird. I chewed what was in my mouth before swallowing. The boy gave me a wide smile, flashing his perfect teeth.

“I don’t remember you not taking food I would offer. Or anyone would offer in general.” I tilted my head to the side. He knows me?

“You know me?” The boy gave me a shocked expression.

“Yah, Kim Eunjung, you don’t remember your favorite oppa?!” He seemed so offended that I didn’t want to say the wrong thing but I didn’t want to lie either.

“Uhm…yes?” The boy shook his head, tsking.

“Aye, I know it’s been a while but seriously, how can you not remember me? It’s me, Choi Junhyuk.” I gave him a blank stare.

“I would babysit you occasionally.” Another blank stare.

“I’m friends with your brother.” He’s friends with Moonkyu oppa?

“Really? You’re friends with Moonkyu oppa?” I stared at his expectant face, before finally remembering.

“Oppa!” I cheered happily, throwing my arms around him in a hug. Junhyuk laughed as he wrapped his arms around me as well.

“I’m sorry oppa, it’s just been so hectic these past four years of school, trying to make it the top of my class. I’ve been very forgetful with stuff that wasn’t school related. I’ve even forgotten my birthday.” Junhyuk chuckled, ruffling my hair.

“It’s okay Eunjungie, I understand. But it’s okay, because I’m still proud of you.” Junhyuk smiled a proud smile. I grinned happily. Moonkyu oppa and his friends went into an arts high school after middle school so when it was time for me to join them at high school, I went to a regular high school. I’m not talented in the same area as my brother and his friends, I’m more book smart so their high school wouldn’t have done me any good.

Junhyuk and I continued to catch up until it got to my stop.

“I hope to see you again oppa. I swear I’ll remember you next time!” I promised, giving him one last hug.

“Okay, I’ll hold you to that promise. I’ll try going over to your house more often as well. And tell Timo to let me know when your graduation is so I can go.” I nodded my head, agreeing. I waved bye to him as I hurried off the bus so I could get to my class.

 

~Author’s Point of View~

Moonkyu stood in the terminal, looking around for one of his best friend.

“Hyung, do you see him? Do you see him?” Hojeong, the maknae of their friends shook his arm.

“Aish, no one has walked through those doors yet. Be patient, maknae.” Moonkyu sighed.

“But hyung, I’m hungry.” Hojeong whined.

“If it’s not Kidmon or Sungwoon, it has to be you. What did I do to be stuck with you three? Speaking of which, where are those two?” Hojung merely shrugged.

“But I see Junhyuk hyung.” Moonkyu looked to where Hojung was pointing and saw who he was talking about. Junhyuk smiled, waving at them as we walked in their direction.

“Yah! What took you so long?” Was the first thing Moonkyu said. Junhyuk was about ready to give him a hug but stopped.

“Is that how you greet a hyung?” Junhyuk questioned.

“It’s how I greet you.” Moonkyu smirked. Junhyuk glared, pushing his head to the side.

“Aish, so ungrateful. I rode a bus just to be here because I thought you were going to wait alone.” Junhyuk tsked. Moonkyu just rolled his eyes but greeted Junhyuk with the hug he wanted.

“Yah! Did you two forget about me?!” Hojeong complained. Junhyuk pulled him in for a hug when Moonkyu pulled away.

“Let your mom and dad have a moment.” Junhyuk chuckled. Moonkyu rolled his eyes, deciding not to comment.

“Where are the other kids by the way? Shouldn’t they be here to see San?” Junhyuk wondered, finally taking notice of the two missing.

Moonkyu and Hojeong shrugged, not really sure where they were. Moonkyu remembers seeing them when he got to the airport but lost sight of them when Hojeong wanted to go and look at the shops.

“Hyung! We’ve been looking everywhere for you!” Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

“Yah, where did you two go?” Moonkyu scolded as No Taehyun and Ha Sungwoon ran towards them.

“Kidmon! Sungwoon!” Junhyuk opened his arms for a hug, only to be ignored. “Yah!” He called to them.

“Hyung, we were walking around and we saw this really cool dog!” Taehyun began, immediately gaining Moonkyu’s attention.

“Dog? Where?” Moonkyu looked around for the mentioned dog.

“It wasn’t anywhere near here and we weren’t allowed to pet it because it was a service dog.” Moonkyu deflated at this, setting a glare on Sungwoon who told him this.

“Why are you even telling me this?” Moonkyu was up too early for all this.

Before anyone else could answer, they turned when they heard someone call out to them with a loud “Yah!” only to see Junhyuk hugging Yoon San with a smug smile.

“I’m in France for eight years and comeback to my hyungs arguing over a dog?” Yoonsan shook his head.

“Hyung!” Hojeong ran to Yoonsan’s other side, trying to give him as good of a hug as possible since Junhyuk still had his arms wrapped around Yoonsan.

“I didn’t forget my dear child, like the good parent I am.” Junhyuk proudly stated.

“Aish, only because you left me to deal with the other two kids by myself.” Moonkyu grumbled, but going over to Yoonsan who was being released finally by Junhyuk and Hojeong, giving him a hug as well.

“Welcome back San!” Taehyun and Sungwoon cheered, going to hug the second member of their group’s maknae line.

When hugs and greetings were done, Junhyuk declared they all go out together for breakfast.

“I’m so hungry. I only had one poptart.” Junhyuk complained.

“Why just one?” Sungwoon wondered.

The six were walking out to the parking lot to begin the search of their cars.

“I gave the other to Eunjungie.” Junhyuk simply said, trying to help the others look for their cars since he came by bus.

Moonkyu stopped at the mention of Junhyuk’s nickname for his sister, almost causing Hojeong to bump into his back if it hadn’t been for Yoon San stopping him by holding an arm out.

“You saw my sister?” Junhyuk smiled and nodded his head.

“Mhm. She didn’t recognize me at first though. Poor Eunjungie, working so hard at school that she hardly remembers anything besides school related things. Tsk, tsk, tsk, such a good student but she’s too hard on herself.” Junhyuk shook his head.

“I doubt she’ll remember you too, San. I mean, I was her favorite oppa back then, besides Timo of course, but if she struggled remembering me, it’ll be difficult getting her to remember you.” Yoonsan seemed a little confused since he himself doesn’t really remember Moonkyu’s sister so he just went ‘ah’, nodding his head.

“Anyways, let’s go eat! Timo, I’m riding with you.” Junhyuk stated once everyone found their car. Moonkyu sighed since he’ll have Hojeong, Yoonsan, and now Junhyuk but didn’t fight it.

“Wait, but why did you give Eunjung the other poptart?” Hojeong questioned as he put on his seatbelt.

“She gave what I assume was her breakfast to a little boy at the bus stop. And you could hear her stomach from a mile away. The noises Kidmon likes to make, were coming from her stomach.”

Moonkyu couldn’t help the very small, nearly miniscule, smile that grew onto his face at the selfless act his sister did but stopped himself.

“San, text Sungwoon or Kidmon where you want to go eat.” Moonkyu said, starting the car after putting on his seatbelt. 


A/N

I hope you all liked the first chapter^^ More to come soon! Please subscribe and comment! Comments make me very happy^^