His Excellency's Favored Wife 2

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was already afternoon when Kwon Jiyong received the message that this year's Samjinal will be held in Gyeongju which means they would have to travel for two days. He quickly notified Sandara knowing she would be delighted by the news since Gyeongju was her hometown. By evening, Kwon Jiyong received another message from Yi Sung about the events inside the palace. He rarely interferes with politics but this time, Minister Kim's actions have been aggressive.

While the queen begged for the King to let the incident go, Yi Sung was too infuriated to listen to her, thus, he wrote a message to his uncle about it. The retainers at the Queen's residence even reported that there were palace maids that went missing and that all of them were close to Minister Kim.

The next day, Kwon Jiyong decided to visit the palace. Upon hearing this, Sandara insisted to tag along and visit the Queen. Kwon Jiyong wondered about his earlier suspicion about his wife. 

If his hunch was correct, then she would be really be a good help.

Meanwhile, Sandara was finally able to dress up pretty nicely. She picked a few pieces before entrusting her accessories and trinkets to Kang Daesung. Despite being from the countryside, of course she was a woman who naturally likes these stuff. Who doesn't like pretty things? 

When she was done, Jo Sanggung guided her down her residence where Kwon Jiyong was waiting.

"Daegam..." Jo Sanggung presented her to their lord. Kwon Jiyong had to approve, this time, his wife won't lose face in the palace. He didn't really understand what the fuss was all about when whether fully adorned or plainly simple, Park Sandara's beauty was still a sight to behold.

He suddenly coughed at his thoughts. Where did that come from?

"Come on, we'll be late," He said, walking ahead with long and steady strides that Sandara had to run after him.

Just like before, they used the Southern gates. Kwon Jiyong had Han Sanggung take Sandara to the Queen's residence while he went directly to see the King.

Inside the Queen's chamber, Sandara was totally shocked to see the bruise on the corner of the Queen's lips. Her left cheek seemed to have some marks too but the young Queen lowered her head as she greeted her. "Aunt-in-law... This was such an unexpected visit. Please have a seat,"

Sandara didn't waste any more words and sat beside the Queen. "Jungjeon Mama... What happened to your face?"

"This is nothing..."

Park Sandara had no other choice but hold Kim Jisoo's hands in hers and go into her thoughts. The moment she had a full grasp of the situation, she finally opened her eyes.

"Aunt-in-law... What's wrong?"

Sandara sighed and forced a smile at the younger woman. Who would know that the Queen who was rumored to be a villainess in the entire Kingdom had so much burden in her heart? And who would have imagined that Minister Kim would hurt his own daughter because she refused to drink the fertility medicine and give an aphrodisiac to His Majesty? How detestable! But Sandara couldn't simply speak carelessly. So she just pulled the queen to a comforting hug.

"If there's something that's bothering you, please tell me. I'm a woman too."

"Aunt-in-law..."

"You know what? When I married into His Excellency's household, I have dreamt of a sweet life, just like the ones in the novels I've read. But then I realized that it was impossible in real life, not when your husband was a member of the royal family. Not when your husband is cold and uncaring and ruthless with a paralyzed face that didn't even know how to smile." Sandara realized she had been ranting when the Queen suddenly bursted into a shy giggle. She pulled away and laughed as well.

"But you know what? I trust His Excellency. I don't know. Perhaps it's instinct. I feel safe when I'm with him. I know he won't hurt me. He shouts at me sometimes but I shout back louder." To this Kim Jisoo gasped.

"Really?"

Park Sandara realized what she said was unacceptable so she smiled sheepishly. "Hehe... I mean, in my head. I would shout back at him. But at the end of the day, we're husband and wife. So I say what's on my mind and wait for him to share his burdens to me, even if I know he won't. When I want to do something I tell him and ask for permission. What I'm trying to say is... You should also try to be open to the King. Tell him what bothers you. Tell him what you want to do. When you learn to share your burdens with each other, wouldn't it make your heart a little lighter?"

Kim Jisoo smiled, appreciating Park Sandara's advice.

"We have been married longer than you and uncle but why do I feel aunt-in-law is more knowledgeable in this matter?"

Actually, Sandara didn't know as well. There was just something that makes her want to stick by Kwon Jiyong's side the moment she married him. She smiled upon remembering Jo Sanggung's advice. Take one step at a time towards His Excellency. 

If she would, then would His Excellency stay still and wait for her?

She sighed and laughed at herself. How could she speak so much words of wisdom as if she was so experienced in it?

She helped the Queen take care of her skin the whole day. Tomorrow they will be traveling by carriage and she wouldn't allow her to look like this at the Samjinal.

Meanwhile, having caught wind of news about the Queen's injury, Sun Hae decided to drop by the Queen's quarters and see it for herself. When she knew Park Sandara arrived as well, she couldn't even more wait to bully her ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter