The Prince's Wrath 1

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The people of Silla had just survived a storm almost the same time as the former King's death but they all fell in devastation as a bigger storm arrived. Lightning struck as thunder roared, as if all the Gods in the heavens and underworld were enraged. The wind was strong and harsh and it rained heavily, the deluge rushing to houses and fields destroying crops and livelihood.

It was afternoon, yet it was as dark as the wee hours of the night. 

Young who just arrived at the capital caught the news about the King removing all the officials who supported him from their position. For what reason aside from the King's personal grudges towards him, he had to investigate yet. He also finally realized that the Dark Den guards who were following them earlier went missing before he could even thank them. He shrugged at the thought and fixed his clothing and armour as he took a deep breath. He needed to get through this as soon as possible and see Ara for himself if she's safe. When his carriage entered the palace, they were immediately blocked by the palace guards.

The King should have received the report about their victory. Why was he being treated this way? Young was not expecting a grand welcome knowing how much his older brother hated him. But to be intercepted like this was a huge disrespect!

Young was about to go down the carriage when the soldier blocked his way and reported, "Your Highness, it seems there is a situation inside the palace. The King was very angry at the moment. Please wait for a while."

If this was another time, Young would definitely leave and just come back tomorrow. He had always been humble and forgiving, but this time, every second counted for him. He simply wanted to get over with these formalities and see his father's remains and pay respect. Then he would leave once and for all. Then, at last, he'd go find Ara and take her away to another place. But even until now, Hyuk was still making it hard for him. Did the King learn about him being able to transform? But the General made sure that the news won't spread to the capital right?

Fine! Young gritted his teeth as he moved past the guard and out of the carriage. His escorts surrounded him, afraid he was not yet feeling well but he just signalled everyone that he was alright. He soaked himself in the rain as he strode towards the palace gates. When the gatesmen crossed their spears before him to block his way, his men immediately rushed to protect him.

"Impudence! This is His Highness Prince Young! Step aside!" One of the guards pointed his sword at the gatesmen but Young just pushed him away and all the guards couldn't believe on what Young did next. If it wasn't storming, the whole capital would be busy gossiping and buzzing around. This would cause an uproar in the whole Kingdom. Unfortunately, everyone were busy saving their lives.

Without a word, the prince knelt down the cold stone ground and laid down his sword to his side, and rested both hands on his knees. All his guards immediately fell to their knees and bowed until their foreheads reached the cold wet ground.

"Your Highness!" They all cried out but Young just knelt there and started saying in a voice so loud, 

"Your Majesty! This humble servant has come back from war victoriously! Please grant me an audience!"

Inside the palace, it was already chaotic. The ministers and other main officials were lacking in numbers and the remaining servants who were still trembling in fear of the King started to become anxious for their lives as well. If this was before, they would have jumped up and down in joy for they all adored the younger prince but since everyone who supported him had been slain, they could only wish Young would go away.

His presence itself was rubbing salt to the King's severe injury of envy. They feared the King's rage. Who would even think that later on they would have to face the Prince's wrath as well? But no one really knew about the total devastation the deities had been brewing since earlier. Nobody knows, not even the prince himself.

He even had no idea after traveling the entire day back to the capital, nor that anyone bothered to inform him, that almost all of the people who cared for him were dead, not just removed from their offices. They were all annihilated! What's worse, he didn't even know that his beloved woman had already been claimed by the ruthless King.

Inside the King's chambers, Ara seemed as if she had long left the world. She lied wide awake yet she was still lost in a nightmare she couldn't escape from. Hey eyes were open but they weren't moving. She was dazed to the point that she was numbed and uncaring to all.

Hyuk, on the other hand was still comforting her after taking advantage of her. His actions were never returned with anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter