His Highness Isn't Fond Of Kids

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your Highness!"

Sandara's lips stretched to a face-splitting smile as soon as she saw Kwon Jiyong come out of the main hall. She ran upstairs and flung herself at him, wrapping her tiny arms around his waist.

"Welcome back, Your Highness!" She pulled away and looked up at him only to be welcomed by his scrutinizing look. Sandara completely stepped back and swallowed hard, feeling that she was going to get scolded anytime soon.

"As far as I know, you should be inside the palace by now. The entire household was supposed to be under strict security and the shadow guards were not to leave their posts until I say so."

Sandara lowered her head and fiddled with her fingers. She had always answered back to him every single time she could but this time, it's different. She really was at fault and it's best to admit her mistakes and clarify things.

"Y-y-our Highness… Forgive me. But I had to take things into my hands before it's too late. As for the household affairs, I thought it should only be proper to give back to those hard working servants so I told them to celebrate Chuseok. I can explain to you everything that happened! Should we go to your study?"

"It's late. Go back to your chamber and get some rest." Kwon Jiyong coldly said, making Sandara pout. Heartless iceberg! Sandara stomped her feet and was about to leave when she suddenly remembered Ryung.

"Doctor Lee, I'll take the boy." Sandara ran past Kwon Jiyong as she rushed to take the sleeping form of the boy from the doctor's arms. "When will he wake up?"

"Mama, this one thinks the boy should be treated first. Why don't you leave him to me in the meantime so I can treat him?"

"Oh right," Sandara ruffled the boy's hair before looking up at the doctor. "Then I'll leave him to you! Please take good care of him!"

Somehow, the sight made Kwon Jiyong uneasy. How could they look like a happy family? Kwon Jiyong's jaw tightened as he clenched his fist. The fact that this woman can be this close and friendly to another man made him fume in an instant. Had they always been like this while he was away? He was getting irritated by the moment. What more if finds out later on that his long lost brother and this precious wife of his had finally met each other?

Taking long and arrogant strides towards the oblivious two, Kwon Jiyong stepped in between Sandara and Doctor Lee. His back was turned against Sandara, while he faced Lee Donghae and made sure to block his vision of his wife. "Bring the boy to my residence. I want to take a look at him as well." He told the doctor.

"Yes, Daewongun Mama." Lee Donghae bowed and left first, a gentle and knowing smile flashing on his face.

"You, didn't I tell you to go back to your room?"

"Cold-hearted bastard!" Sandara mumbled as she turned around.

"You're saying something?"

Sandara didn't retort, but only looked back to send him a sharp glare.

 

Inside Kwon Jiyong's study, Lee Donghae was already treating Ryung's wounds and injuries when he arrived.

"Did my wife make it hard for you these past few days?"

Lee Donghae smiled as he stood up. "She had been so busy that I rarely got to meet her, except when she sent me for an errand." He explained briefly. "But aside from that, there's something more important you need to know." The doctor informed, "Ryung, that boy, works for Hyuk. He was there when we arrived."

In the long long years that Kwon Jiyong lived, he had never felt so shaken until now. He had been open to the possibility of Hyuk being alive and hiding somewhere but never in his wildest dreams did he imagine Sandara would meet Hyuk even before he found him. Soon, Lee Donghae told him about how Hyuk masked his energy until they were face to face.

"When we were there, his energy finally filled the entire cave. If you were there, you'd definitely feel it too."

"I felt such energy when we're at Hamgyong. There was a man controlling the Jurchens. If it was him, then he's really become too powerful." Kwon Jiyong said as he pondered about things deeply. If Hyuk was influencing the Jurchens, then Joseon's Northern parts were at risk. He was about to speak more when he suddenly realized something.

"Wait. How did you know my brother?" He asked the doctor and for a moment, Lee Donghae was surprised with the question. However, he was quick to retort.

"Ryung called his name once. Which imoogi wouldn't know about you and your brother?"

Kwon Jiyong nodded despite his suspicions in the doctor, making Lee Donghae sigh in relief. Despite how he abhorred traitors, he knew he still needed Ryung's confession this time. Besides, he heard from Kang Daesung that Sandara paid a huge amount just to retrieve the boy, which means lifting his hand at Ryung would result in another war between him and Sandara and that's the last thing he wanted to happen now that Hyuk is lurking in the corner.

"I'll leave the boy to you. I'm going out for a bit."

Lee Donghae nodded, knowing where Kwon Jiyong is headed. Even if he warns him, would he even listen to him?

In the end, Kwon Jiyong traveled alone to where Lee Donghae said they met Hyuk. He stopped by the entrance of the cave and checked the area for any presence but he couldn't sense anything. As he entered the cave, he scanned every nook and corner but found nothing except for the bloodstains on the ground.

Just as he expected, Hyuk wasn't there anymore. Why would he show up before him carelessly? He is simply seeking death!

As he left the cave and reached the opening, he finally felt an explainable energy coming from somewhere nearby. It was so intense, so strong, that he felt his inner dragon instincts become so active. He remained alert. Lee Donghae was right. It was truly his older brother Hyuk.

And he was challenging him.

But as he was about to leap up from the ground to find him, the energy suddenly disappeared making him worry in an instant.

What if he looks for Sandara in his estate?

His heart lurched to his throat. Kwon Jiyong used to be so fearless, yet t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter